Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Blood, Sweat, and Fears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

Was Rob actually supposed to be in the wedding party? I thought he was always supposed to be attending as a guest. I don't know what Kim said to him to make him abruptly fly back, but I always thought that was shitty of him. He could have at least showed up for the ceremony, sat in one of the back rows if he didn't want to be photographed, wished his sister and her new husband a happy life together, and then left.

Yes, I remember the first version of the dresses looking terrible, and not even professional model Kendall could make hers look good. I wondered if that was intentional so that they (especially Kendall and Kourtney) wouldn't look better than Kim.

I'd think it was crappy but I think someone in the family made him feel so awful about himself he had to leave. Like.. that's awful. And this was around the time when he wasn't on the show at all and with this family.. I'd bet someone said something truly awful. I would assume he was in the wedding? The other family members were, so I assumed he was a groomsmen of some kind? I don't know.. 

I remember the bridemaids dresses scenes. Kendall actually looked okay. The problem was they were very form fitting and Kourtney was pregnant and didn't want to tell anyone yet  outside of the family and the dress made it obvious and Khloe didn't like how she looked in it. I don't know if Kylie ever tried hers on? 

On August 31, 2016 at 0:46 AM, chocolatine said:

I went in for my weekly Pilates session this evening and told my instructor about Kourtney's shenanigans on the Cadillac. He laughed so hard that the studio owner, a lovely Belgian woman, came out to ask us what we were laughing about. When I told her, she sighed and said in her adorable French accent "the Kardashians are ruining everything".

You mean Belgian accent, not French? ? Some Belgians speak French but it's still a Belgian accent. (They're touchy about that in Belgium; I used to live there. Belgium almost never comes up so I'm taking the opportunity to pick on you a bit ?)

22 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Was Rob actually supposed to be in the wedding party? I thought he was always supposed to be attending as a guest. I don't know what Kim said to him to make him abruptly fly back, but I always thought that was shitty of him. He could have at least showed up for the ceremony, sat in one of the back rows if he didn't want to be photographed, wished his sister and her new husband a happy life together, and then left.

I don't like Rob but screw Kim and her THIRD wedding in what? 10 years? Plus, Kim's been the rudest, harshest one towards him, it seems.

I only enjoy Scott. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

You mean Belgian accent, not French? ? Some Belgians speak French but it's still a Belgian accent. (They're touchy about that in Belgium; I used to live there. Belgium almost never comes up so I'm taking the opportunity to pick on you a bit ?)

I only know a few Belgians, all of whom are native French speakers from Brussels and have been expats in English-speaking countries for many years. When they speak English, they sound pretty much the same to me as long-time expats from northern France. Which is to say the accent is not very strong, so it doesn't make much of a difference to my ears.

2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

5 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I only know a few Belgians, all of whom are native French speakers from Brussels and have been expats in English-speaking countries for many years. When they speak English, they sound pretty much the same to me as long-time expats from northern France. Which is to say the accent is not very strong, so it doesn't make much of a difference to my ears.

Shades of Hercule Poirot :-)

17 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Right but it's still a Belgian accent since they're Belgian. ;) Brussels is "weird" in that it's separate from the big Flemish (Dutch) vs Wallonian (French) divide in Belgium. I know no one cares but seriously, Belgium never comes up, anywhere (except on the chalkboard on Girl Meets World...!).

Sorry, had to! I blame the wine I've been drinking.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1

Regarding the Kimye wedding, I actually thought Rob was supposed to give Kim away...maybe Kim was afraid Rob would shove her down the aisle or something, but ironically, Rob bailing on the wedding probably drew tons more attention to him than had he attended the wedding in the first place.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Regarding the Kimye wedding, I actually thought Rob was supposed to give Kim away...

No, I think it was always supposed to be Caitlyn who was still Bruce then. I remember them all trying to get him to cut his hair off for the walk down the aisle.

• Love 2

Yeah it was always Caitlyin. The hair thing was a big deal. Also so was Kylie's which is why I kind of will always like her for dying her hair blue and saying she was going to hide it with extensions and then not doing that. I always assumed Rob would be a groomsmen of some kind. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, GaT said:

No, I think it was always supposed to be Caitlyn who was still Bruce then. I remember them all trying to get him to cut his hair off for the walk down the aisle.

I thought Caitlyn was iffy for a bit. There was some talk about it. The hair was an issue with him too. But I think Kim let him off the hook and of course, she worried about how it would look if she didn't have him do it. Public perception. 

• Love 1