Type keyword(s) to search

Hired Friends: Whitney's Social Barnacles

• Start Topic

On 2/1/2020 at 5:04 PM, Dot said:

Chase in his natural element -- pouring drinks in the midst of fraternity bros.

Is he still in school?  If not, how long does he plan to remain a frat boy?

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Is he still in school?  If not, how long does he plan to remain a frat boy?

He graduated I believe 6-7 years ago then worked as a state auditor.  I’m not sure why he left that job then seem to get into bar tending/club manger/director of beverage operations/ construction/barnacle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Dot said:

@Irate Panda, tthis one's for you. 😋

I have absolutely no authority on this board @Dot but I’m giving you 10000 imaginary demerits for this post.  I can see why Whitney was so insistent on having people know she slept with Buddy, I mean who wouldn’t want all that?  What is it with this cast and keeping their clothes on?

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

So, I looked up Bart Chrysler. He is billed as "World's fattest and most racist comic".  Some earlier photos are before a significant (AND I MEAN SIGNIFICANT) weight loss. Perhaps he had been featured on 600 lb life and you are all familiar with him.  There is a photo of him  without a shirt and the resemblance between him and Buddy are fairly amazing.

I hesitate to bring this up but does anyone think Buddy looks not sober in that selfie?

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

There are no words 

Yeah, there are. See my explanation for this photo on the SM thread.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

How many months from their first date did it take good old Chase to propose to America’s sweatheart?

Does it really matter?  Fake, fake, fakery fake!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

How many months from their first date did it take good old Chase to propose to America’s sweatheart?

How many episodes has it been? That will at least let us know how many times they've met up.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Right Brooklynista, more like how many episodes before the script required him to propose. 

I wonder if he moved the date up to get this Fake engagement/ Faux wedding over asap,  collect his check,  and go home. 

And try to drown out/forget the shame of the sellout of his soul for the rest of his days.  

Edited by Tosia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Mumbles is out there tryin to earn that paycheck

I love people telling him to win her back lol....and this is exactly the way I sat on the sofa with men who weren’t my fiancé while I I was happily engaged.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I love people telling him to win her back lol....and this is exactly the way I sat on the sofa with men who weren’t my fiancé while I I was happily engaged.

Edited 1 hour ago by Irate Panda

Picture doesn't copy in quote, but that looks like Buddy trying to bait Chase with this post.

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, auntjess said:

Picture doesn't copy in quote, but that looks like Buddy trying to bait Chase with this post.

Well I hope Chase takes the time to post proclaiming his true love for Whitney.  It’s just so unbelievable to me. 

• LOL 2
On 3/19/2020 at 10:36 PM, Irate Panda said:

Mumbles is out there tryin to earn that paycheck

Seems like Buddy turned off the comments on this post.  I guess maybe he couldn’t take the “win her back” comments either lol.

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, I’m not sure why so many people were asking her that, it seems an odd thing to ask especially to a stranger.

You would think, but lots of people are weird to the point of utter rudeness about other people's (potential) pregnancies. Didn't surprise me at all, unfortunately. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Old pic of Ashley and Tal

I want to reach back and tell these two that someday their friend, Whitney, is going to come to them with an idea. It’s going to sound like a good one. She’s going to suggest they all be on a TV show about the struggles of a woman with PCOS and weight gain. She’s going to say the show will represent to people that you can still have worth and a good life even while struggling with weight. It’s going to sound like something that could really resonate with people. It’s going to sound like something worth being a part of. When this happens, RUN!!!!!!! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Take this with a grain of salt someone posted on another board that Buddy did a Cameo and mentioned they were filming individual interviews with Whitney, Babs,and Buddy.  I don’t know if this means they are filming a new season or it’s hogwash.  If they are filming, I wonder if that’s another reason Buddy is living there.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Take this with a grain of salt someone posted on another board that Buddy did a Cameo and mentioned they were filming individual interviews with Whitney, Babs,and Buddy.  I don’t know if this means they are filming a new season or it’s hogwash.  If they are filming, I wonder if that’s another reason Buddy is living there.

Could they really be filming? I thought NC was still closed down... I smell hogwash! I think Buddy just got tired of driving from Greensboro to do their shopping and decided to stay there.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Could they really be filming? I thought NC was still closed down... I smell hogwash! I think Buddy just got tired of driving from Greensboro to do their shopping and decided to stay there.

I think it was something like the 90 day Fiancé quarantine taping limited camera crew or self shooting then edited later, but like I said it could all be made up.

• Love 3

Well we know prior to the shutdown they filmed some things at what was to be the wedding site. Maybe they will use that footage then film some ‘shit hit the fan’ interviews and call it the end. 

My daughter who lives in NC told me tonight that they’ve moved to phase 2 so things are starting to open at partial capacity. But that just started today. So any real filming might be coming but wouldn’t have started before now. They could have been doing interviews with them about the breakup before this though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, FatLeprechaun said:

I’ve been binging on this show for a couple of weeks and I don’t wanna sound mean but does anyone find Heather’s forehead a little big? I don’t know if she has or had a condition, but it does seem like a bigger forehead than normal, especially compared to everyone else on the show(or anywhere), like her eyebrows are way out there and not aligned with the rest of her face. No shade, maybe it’s just me, because I haven’t seen anyone else mentioning this (maybe because it’s a stupid thing to notice lol)

I don’t know if she’s mentioned something about that or maybe I’m noticing it too much. I feel bad asking this lame question about someone’s appearance (someone who isn’t Whitney) because I’m not making fun of her, I think she’s pretty, but I don’t know, I’m curious, I’ve never seen someone with that particular shape of forehead.

Not particularly.  She does have a very high forehead, which she unfortunately  accentuates  by pulling her hair back. I think  Heather is  very pretty. 

• Love 2

So I figure this is the right place for this since it’s about her entourage. We’ve talked a lot about what Whitney was in on and what she knew when, but what about the others?  Were they privy to the facade? If not, did they suspect it? I am making the assumption here that the relationship was fake, the baby mama is a girlfriend who Chase has been with during the whole filming time and not a one-nighter type situation, and that no one expected the baby. So what do you think? Who knew what? If any of the barnacles (or her parents) thought it was a real relationship do you think they still do? 

I think Ryan knew everything. He knew it was fake, knew there was girlfriend, and probably knew about the baby well before Whitney did. 

What about others? Heather, Buddy, Glenn and Babs, etc?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

So I figure this is the right place for this since it’s about her entourage. We’ve talked a lot about what Whitney was in on and what she knew when, but what about the others?  Were they privy to the facade? If not, did they suspect it? I am making the assumption here that the relationship was fake, the baby mama is a girlfriend who Chase has been with during the whole filming time and not a one-nighter type situation, and that no one expected the baby. So what do you think? Who knew what? If any of the barnacles (or her parents) thought it was a real relationship do you think they still do? 

I think Ryan knew everything. He knew it was fake, knew there was girlfriend, and probably knew about the baby well before Whitney did. 

What about others? Heather, Buddy, Glenn and Babs, etc?

I think they all knew it was fake.  For all that they were sooooo fascinated by her "romance" that they couldn't discuss anything else, they never asked the right kind of questions that you would expect if they were her good friends and really thought she had met a new boyfriend.

• Love 3

I think they all knew it was fake...they all looked like they were passing kidney stones at the “engagement party”.  Also, Whitney gets engaged and there’s no call to Dadwee, Momwee, or Heatherwee?  No reaction comments from Ashley, Todd or Ryan, who were 100 ft away?  These are people that celebrate Whitney losing to her septuagenarian father in a walkathon.  I bet they knew that shit was fake or fishy at best!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm in the minority here but, I still think that Twit was fooled early on to believe that his intentions were real but that she learned of the gf sometime before the Paris trip. I know she is a "trained" actress but the early pictures of her with Chase show a true happiness radiating from her. Compare the look on her face from the trip to the country with any of the open mouthed guffaws, or, even the one for the local newspaper with her family.

By the time of the house warming party and most certainly the engagement all the barnacles knew it was fake and that it was a matter of finishing out their contracts.

If I could rewatch the season I would start looking for the first episodes when she starts snuggling and kissing Buddy. That might be the point at which when Pilgrim Productions learned that Ryan and Casey had fooled them as well and knew they had to rewrite the script for an inevitable breakup.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I'm in the minority here but, I still think that Twit was fooled early on to believe that his intentions were real but that she learned of the gf sometime before the Paris trip. I know she is a "trained" actress but the early pictures of her with Chase show a true happiness radiating from her. Compare the look on her face from the trip to the country with any of the open mouthed guffaws, or, even the one for the local newspaper with her family.

By the time of the house warming party and most certainly the engagement all the barnacles knew it was fake and that it was a matter of finishing out their contracts.

If I could rewatch the season I would start looking for the first episodes when she starts snuggling and kissing Buddy. That might be the point at which when Pilgrim Productions learned that Ryan and Casey had fooled them as well and knew they had to rewrite the script for an inevitable breakup.

I don’t know, I don’t see why she go along with the engagement if she weren’t in on it from the beginning.  I honestly think she’s too emotional of a person to just put her feelings aside and carry on with something as a fake engagement if she didn’t know at the start.  The one thing I’ll buy is maybe she wasn’t aware Chase had an actual girlfriend in Wilmington. I don’t think she thought they ( Chase and Whitney) were in an actual relationship. I do think she maybe thought Chase pretending to be in a relationship with her would lead to actual relationship and at worst, she gets to be the one to dump him in some glorious fashion (not a pregnant gf).

Also, I don’t know why Chase would want a fake engagement, if he’s the one planning this. He could have just dragged out a fake dating relationship, if this were all his doing.  Honestly, he probably could have just played Ryan’s friend because Whitney needed Charlotte barnacles since she moved.  This is why I think Whitney/Pilgrim/TLC/somebody not Chase had a heavy hand in this.  Chase could have gotten all the perks just as a boyfriend/friend without going the engagement route.  I doubt Pilgrim/TLC would come up with this without letting Whitney in on it.

The half completed registry at The Knot is still up.  Whitney would have had that completed by day one if this were all real imo. Generally, a woman cheated on by her fiancé, who has impregnated another woman, wants all mention of the engagement scrubbed from the Internet.  Also, why didn’t she ever care about going to Wilmington or working out where they’d live, especially since she would have to live with someone before getting married according to her.  She called Lennie 8000 times because he didn’t text her back and was already trying to convert religions to be a “proper” wife for Avi despite not being engaged, but won’t even visit Wilmington? She tracked down women across the world literally in the Avi situation, but puts up one SM post asking for everyone’s privacy with Chase.

I don’t think Ryan gets away unscathed if Whitney didn’t know.  Unless, he wholeheartedly takes Whitney side.  I don’t ever believe he’d pick Whitney over Chase, but I could believe he’d pretend to tolerate her whining (because she would be entitled to a rant if this were real) to keep the business together, if it’s bringing in decent money.  

The pic comments asking where XXXXX (gf’s name) is? Scotland Yard detective, Whitney, doesn’t wonder why people are asking about this mysterious person?  The hammock scene was the only one that I can remember them actually halfway touching and honestly with Whitney’s size, I don’t know how else they could have shot the scene.  There was a date either the second or third episode and Im pretty sure the next episode she’s giving Buddy a massage and talking about how things get awkward whe she and Buddy are in a room because somebody ends up naked.

I understand most of your points and honestly I really don’t hate Whitney, so maybe part of me just hope she didn’t have someone scam her like this.  I should rewatch for the Buddy scenes too.  It’s probably a dead giveaway.

To conclude my rambling, I personally think they all were in on it to varying degrees.  I do think there’s a slight possibility Chase had an exclusive girlfriend, and Whitney thought he was “single” but pretending to be Whitney’s boyfriend/long term fiancé.  

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

The half completed registry at The Knot is still up.  Whitney would have had that completed by day one if this were all real imo. Generally, a woman cheated on by her fiancé, who has impregnated another woman, wants all mention of the engagement scrubbed from the Internet.  

The Knot registry was almost certainly a product placement tie in, they did an "exclusive interview" with her after the engagement was announced, they were almost certainly going to do a Say Yes to The Dress! tie in, probably with a plus size bridal line that was product placement was well. In the Knot "exclusive" she says they only thing that had figured out was the venue, I'm guessing more product placement, some destination wedding event venue. For the right "celebrity" there can be good money in wedding product placement. I really think the plan was for them to actually get married, I just can't understand why they would think that such a horrible idea was a good plan.

I dunno, maybe Chase was trying to gain fame by proposing to Whit and the whole thing just got out of hand.

Edited by John M
  • Useful 1

My latest (personal) conspiracy theory is Chase realized that Whit had a soulmate/lover(gag)/boytoy in Buddy, and he just said eff it, and got with his girlfriend.  T(w)it for tat ☺️

• LOL 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, John M said:

The Knot registry was almost certainly a product placement tie in, they did an "exclusive interview" with her after the engagement was announced, they were almost certainly going to do a Say Yes to The Dress! tie in, probably with a plus size bridal line that was product placement was well. In the Know "exclusive" she says they only thing that had figured out was the venue, I'm guessing more product placement, some destination wedding even venue. For the right "celebrity" there can be good money in wedding product placement. I really think the plan was for them to actually get married, I just can't understand why they would think that such a horrible idea was a good plan.

I dunno, maybe Chase was trying to gain fame by proposing to Whit and the whole thing just got out of hand.

I do think The Knot was made or suggested by the show, but I think if it were real, Whitney would have added more to it.  Maybe a photo where her “fiancé’s” head was not lopped off, for example. Honestly, I think she would have had a real photoshoot, not a one off from the Paris trip.  The woman has multiple photographers follow her around to memorialize the opening on an envelope. 

I do think Chase benefitted from being on the show, trips, TLC check and whatever D-list fame he earned, which I think helps when you co-own/bartend or whatever he does at the club.  

Maybe I’m giving Chase too much credit, but I don’t see him doing this on his own and potentially screwing up Ryan’s deal.  Personally, and this is all conjecture on my part,  I think Ryan and Whitney could have met on a dating app.  I don’t believe for a second Ryan wanted to date Whitney, but knew who she was and even a dlister would increase business.  I think he presented the idea of the website to Whitney and she thought it was a good idea.

I think Whitney presented this to whomever renews the show and they’re like, but ok what else do you have besides a “website”?  I think Whitney decides or is told she needs a love interest because well that’s every season: catfish double date, young guy for Whitney-old guy for Ashley, Whitney’s cousin, random feeder guy, lesbian horse-riding lady, Roy even though that was imaginary, Avi-worldwide lover of large ladies, Lennie in disguise and of course: BUDDY, BUDDY, BUDDY!

I think Ryan knew it wasn’t going to be him and Chase was a logical choose since he was probably hanging around anyway.  Free money, free trips, and whatever notoriety he could get.  Whitney gets to pretend this conventionally good looking guy is attracted to her and now gets to present this to her minions.

I actually think the show pushed the engagement deal more than Whitney or Chase.  I think this was either going to end with Whitney “choosing herself” instead of compromising about kids/where to live/some other made up reason or if TLC could write a big enough check: BUDDY, BUDDY, BUDDY!

I think the pregnancy was a surprise to everyone even Chase and all bets were off.    I gave Whitney an out with not knowing about the girlfriend, but if this were really her boyfriend, I find it extremely weird she wasn’t hanging out in Wilmington at least sometimes.

Maybe I give all these people too much credit.  Maybe the barnacles are just like give me my check, but most of them seem like at least halfway decent people.  Some of them I actually like.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I find it extremely weird she wasn’t hanging out in Wilmington at least sometimes.

Yeah, that I do not understand. I get that there are some "traditional marriages" were spouses didn't spend an extraordinary amount of time together or were even sexual before marriage but that does not seem like Whitney. Oh how many relationships/marriages have exploded because two partners realize they don't like spending much time together, much less living together. And I have seen no indication that Chase genuinely seems to enjoy spending time around Whit, even as a friend, frankly he seems repulsed by even touching her.

• Love 5

Irate Panda, I really appreciate your thoughtful and comprehensive treatise rebutting my position. So, in the interest of having my mind changed by logical reasoning these are some of my thoughts.

She went along with the engagement in Paris after she had learned that the relationship had been faked by Casey for the same reason someone else made the case that her panic attack might have been a reaction to the realization that she would lose her tv deal and fans when the fakery was exposed. (Because, by the time of the Paris trip she was in on the charade.)

By the time the page on The Knot was up, it was post fake engagement and she was not invested in filling it out. She probably didn't even participate in the process anyway. As John M mentioned it was for product placement.

If in the beginning she thought it was a real relationship, and, with her abysmal track record, she was probably so delighted to have a non-obese addicted, distant cousin, fat fetishist, , son of one of her father's army buddies, feeder, "artist" in disguise with an anagram for a name... (did I leave anyone out?) So, to keep her drunken Jesus "hunk" she didn't want do anything to drive him away. She didn't maul him in public, wore more clothes than usual, got as serious as she could to get in better shape, and didn't force a visit to Wilmington. I don't think these were her ideas but came from him.

Of course, when she learned of the gf everything changed, but not as much as when the baby's existence was known. Just spitballin' here but, if she had done some sleuthing and asked Chase who the woman was who was mentioned in relation to him he could have shrugged it off as a past romantic relationship but still friends. And, when Ryan and Chase first created the plan to dupe her for some financial benefit he might not have thought it would require that he propose to her. Somewhere along the line Pilgrim rewrote the script to lead to an engagement/breakup.

If she was hitting on Buddy in episode one of this season, then, I concede and you all are correct.

• Love 3