Type keyword(s) to search

Hired Friends: Whitney's Social Barnacles

• Start Topic

On 12/10/2021 at 5:41 PM, Cache said:

That's awesome, I'm stoked for Buddy. His gf is super cute and way to go on a lab-grown ring! And the fact that it was crafted from an heirloom--that's so special and meaningful. I am certain Whitney will be front and center cooing over them, while taking potshots at them here and there between whining "why not me?" and trying to plot ways to destroy their happy time. I hope Buddy has the distance he needs and I hope he is doing well in his recovery.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, monagatuna said:

That's awesome, I'm stoked for Buddy. His gf is super cute and way to go on a lab-grown ring! And the fact that it was crafted from an heirloom--that's so special and meaningful. I am certain Whitney will be front and center cooing over them, while taking potshots at them here and there between whining "why not me?" and trying to plot ways to destroy their happy time. I hope Buddy has the distance he needs and I hope he is doing well in his recovery.

Undoubtedly she will have to do some sort of special marriage-blessing-dance at their wedding, assuming it happens...

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Undoubtedly she will have to do some sort of special marriage-blessing-dance at their wedding, assuming it happens...

I truly hope that Buddy’s bride-to-be puts her foot down and says a big NO to Shitney having ANY part in their lives (including the wedding.)

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I truly hope that Buddy’s bride-to-be puts her foot down and says a big NO to Shitney having ANY part in their lives (including the wedding.)

I suspect that will happen for the most part. He already seems to have distanced himself from her. Unless they elope or have an extremely small wedding I think it's unlikely they wouldn't invite Whitney. Wedding etiquette can be annoying. But she's probably expecting to be a groom's person or something. Hopefully they don't allow that to happen. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I hope Buddy agrees. Whitney always finds a way to create drama/make it about *her*. If she could sit down, be quiet and just be happy for Buddy, then sure. But ALL of that seems impossible for Whitney. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I suspect that will happen for the most part. He already seems to have distanced himself from her. Unless they elope or have an extremely small wedding I think it's unlikely they wouldn't invite Whitney. Wedding etiquette can be annoying. But she's probably expecting to be a groom's person or something. Hopefully they don't allow that to happen. 

I can already picture a totally artificial "does anyone have reason this couple should not be united in holy matrimony?" with the camera panning to Whitney shot...

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I can already picture a totally artificial "does anyone have reason this couple should not be united in holy matrimony?" with the camera panning to Whitney shot...

"WE CROSSED THE FLESHOLD THAT ONE TIME! DID HE TELL YOU THAT?!?!"

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

But was Whitney ready for an engagement and was it pouring rain when she found out?  

I don’t particularly care for Buddy, but he seems happy with this woman, and I’m glad he got his degree.  Hopefully, this means he’s ready to put some distance between him and this shit show. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I do really hope he moves as far away from the Twit and her shit show as possible! I hope he is happy in his new relationship and they have many happy years together.

That is a nice thought,but too many strikes against him, he's fat, he is not too bright,he is an addict, and the worst is he is still tied to TlC and the evil shitney. That's a long way out of that hell.I am not a big fan of his,but no one deserves those kind of problems,even if they are self-inflicted.

• Love 4
On 12/15/2021 at 5:01 PM, Colleenna said:

I think it will depend on whether or not she wants her wedding on tv.  I'm guessing not based on the fact that she didn't appear on the show at all last season, but who knows.  If the wedding is not part of the show then they don't have to invite any of them.

• Love 5

Chase just posted he and his fiancée are expecting another baby.  It’s a girl! It’s almost the weekend is Whitney ready?? Seriously best of luck to Chase and his fiancée, wishing them a healthy baby.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Chase just posted he and his fiancée are expecting another baby.  It’s a girl! It’s almost the weekend is Whitney ready?? Seriously best of luck to Chase and his fiancée, wishing them a healthy baby.

That's wonderful news.  The two girls will be almost exactly 2 years apart. 

• Love 4
On 3/3/2022 at 9:05 PM, Irate Panda said:

Maybe he got some manners and consulted with her before releasing the news 😄

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Maybe he got some manners and consulted with her before releasing the news 😄

I'm sure he consulted Whitney before he bumped uglies with his baby mama this time 🤣

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4

I hope Ashley asked Whitney if she was ready

Spoiler

Ashley had her second baby, a son, a couple of weeks ago.  Did they even mention she was pregnant this time around or has the show been on hiatus that long?

• Love 7
(edited)
21 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

No wonder why Whit latched back on to Lenny, he was the only other single person around she could pay have as a friend.  Buddy is gone, Ashley just had another baby, Heather is raising her kids, Tal is dating and Todd clearly hates her

Well, she still seems to have her grip on Jessica and her new husband. And unlike Lennie, Isaiah looks physically capable of responding to a screech from Whitney to "get behind me and lift me up."

Edited by Ketzel
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Well, she still seems to have her grip on Jessica and her new husband. And unlike Lennie, Isaiah looks physically capable of responding to a screech from Whitney to "get behind me and lift me up."

Poor Lennie looked like he was holding on for dear life when he was “holding her up” during the ski incident.  I still like how one 120lb woman from production comes to help and Buddy and the guys of production seemingly just stand there as Whitney has no option but to bounce on the ground like a ball off a wall.  They clearly can’t stand her imo, but I guess she signs up and collects a check for this embarrassment.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I don't know if this has been mentioned here, but I just watched the season premiere of Say Yes to the Dress, and Jessica will be on this season.  She was in the season previews.  No sight of Whitney lounging in the salon in her underwear though 😄

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 6/10/2022 at 4:55 PM, Irate Panda said:

Poor Lennie looked like he was holding on for dear life when he was “holding her up” during the ski incident.  I still like how one 120lb woman from production comes to help and Buddy and the guys of production seemingly just stand there as Whitney has no option but to bounce on the ground like a ball off a wall.  They clearly can’t stand her imo, but I guess she signs up and collects a check for this embarrassment.

That wasn't Lennie, it was Chase.

• Love 1

Please excuse my ignorance but I haven't watched this show from the beginning. Can someone tell me how Ashley and Buddy came into her life? I recall it being mentioned that Whit, Heather and Todd all went to high school together. Did Ashley just start working for her or did she know her before that? I just thought it was so strange that you wouldn't tell a supposed "close friend" before you were five months along.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, applewood said:

Please excuse my ignorance but I haven't watched this show from the beginning. Can someone tell me how Ashley and Buddy came into her life? I recall it being mentioned that Whit, Heather and Todd all went to high school together. Did Ashley just start working for her or did she know her before that? I just thought it was so strange that you wouldn't tell a supposed "close friend" before you were five months along.

Its my understanding that Ashley is Todd's cousin, so I assume she met her through him.

I think she met Buddy through him being her pizza delivery guy, but I could be wrong

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 2
On 8/22/2022 at 11:18 AM, Irate Panda said:

Is Tal living with Whitney? I don’t have IG but read she was IG live and said Tal was back in Buddy’s old room.  I thought he bought a condo, did anybody hear anything about this or was it for show purposes?

I think it's  Lenny that's living in Buddy’s old room. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1

I think she met Buddy through him being her pizza delivery guy, but I could be wrong

According to her book, she knew him when they were both in High School. She said that Buddy was a friend of her boyfriend at the time. ( I don't doubt that she had her eye on him because he was in a rock band and looked much more presentable than he does now. What I do doubt is that he was a friend of her boyfriend because I can't attest that she had a boyfriend.) She did have a date for the prom but SHE WAS NOT HOMECOMING QUEEN. She was in the running and therefore a member of the Court. That weird photo of her  holding the roses while wearing very casual clothing and her tiara was taken after the fact. by Glenn or Babs. Source: her book. There is a picture of her in  a very tight pink gown with her prom date. She recounts in her book how she ate the pre-prom dinner and induced vomiting. I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't thought the original photo of her being named as Prom Princess was flattering enough and posed for another one a few days later.

So, after a miraculous pizza delivery by Buddy and she recognized him because she had been crushing on him earlier. Now that we have seen how she acts I wouldn't be surprised if she had heard that he was delivering pizza and tried several places until she found the one for which he worked.

Somewhere on line is a video of a much younger Buddy going to a restaurant with his band and ordering an enormous sandwich which was free if it could be dispatched in an allotted period of time. (Spoiler alert he started off strong but slowed down and failed the challenge.)

Edited by Me from ME
More thoughts.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 8/22/2022 at 11:18 AM, Irate Panda said:

Is Tal living with Whitney? I don’t have IG but read she was IG live and said Tal was back in Buddy’s old room.  I thought he bought a condo, did anybody hear anything about this or was it for show purposes?

I thought last we heard he had bought a condo and was living there with a boyfriend?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, princelina said:

I thought last we heard he had bought a condo and was living there with a boyfriend?

I thought so too but read it before on another board maybe they were confused and meant when he was on the show living there and maybe they didn’t know he had got a condo?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I believe he was living with someone though I don't know if they bought the condo together or one purchased it and the other was living there. In any event, I think Tal and that boyfriend broke up but I can't remember where I read that and I don't know where he is living now.

4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I thought so too but read it before on another board maybe they were confused and meant when he was on the show living there and maybe they didn’t know he had got a condo?

3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I believe he was living with someone though I don't know if they bought the condo together or one purchased it and the other was living there. In any event, I think Tal and that boyfriend broke up but I can't remember where I read that and I don't know where he is living now.

I'm pretty sure he said he bought the condo - not sure if the other guy was part of the purchase or just living there.  But I know the one year they claimed he was living with her but I never believed it - I used to fight about that with Dot all the time 😄. They certainly shouldn't expect us to believe he's living with Whit when he owns a place!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm pretty sure he said he bought the condo - not sure if the other guy was part of the purchase or just living there.  But I know the one year they claimed he was living with her but I never believed it - I used to fight about that with Dot all the time 😄. They certainly shouldn't expect us to believe he's living with Whit when he owns a place!!!

They addresses it in tonight’s episode. Tal sold his condo and was in an apartment for a year. Now that his lease is up, he asked to move in with Whitney, who isn’t sure because Tal might eventually move out??? And she only wants roommates who stay forever???

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Pretty sure he was on Catfish long, long ago, like after they split the first time. That said, you know you're right, he moved on as soon as the check cleared.

Ah, thanks for setting me straight!  I wonder how long it was after the Catfish episode that he got sober.  

…and if I were Lennie, this current episode is so mortifying, I might be drawn back to the bottle.  🙄

I’m embarassed enough as a viewer, I can’t imagine how badly he must have needed the money.  

Free Lennie!

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Lennie without them big beard

My-Big-Fat-Fabulous-Life-Lennie-Alehat-3

I don't find Lenny with beard attractive at all but Lenny without beard is handsome.

Just now, Elizzikra said:

I don't find Lenny with beard attractive at all but Lenny without beard is handsome.

Also, shouldn't Buddy be married? Didn't they say in St. Lucia that they were getting married in October?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That is a .... long engagement. Wonder why so long. 

I agree.  Though I do know of one instance where the bride and groom were long distance and the bride was a teacher.  He proposed in December and she really needed to get married and moved to where he was in the summer due to school.  They felt six months was too short a time, so they married the following summer.  Not sure why these two are engaged so long unless it is due to the fact that it is very hard to book venues after the pandemic.