Type keyword(s) to search

Hired Friends: Whitney's Social Barnacles

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Irate Panda, I really appreciate your thoughtful and comprehensive treatise rebutting my position. So, in the interest of having my mind changed by logical reasoning these are some of my thoughts.

She went along with the engagement in Paris after she had learned that the relationship had been faked by Casey for the same reason someone else made the case that her panic attack might have been a reaction to the realization that she would lose her tv deal and fans when the fakery was exposed. (Because, by the time of the Paris trip she was in on the charade.)

By the time the page on The Knot was up, it was post fake engagement and she was not invested in filling it out. She probably didn't even participate in the process anyway. As John M mentioned it was for product placement.

If in the beginning she thought it was a real relationship, and, with her abysmal track record, she was probably so delighted to have a non-obese addicted, distant cousin, fat fetishist, , son of one of her father's army buddies, feeder, "artist" in disguise with an anagram for a name... (did I leave anyone out?) So, to keep her drunken Jesus "hunk" she didn't want do anything to drive him away. She didn't maul him in public, wore more clothes than usual, got as serious as she could to get in better shape, and didn't force a visit to Wilmington. I don't think these were her ideas but came from him.

Of course, when she learned of the gf everything changed, but not as much as when the baby's existence was known. Just spitballin' here but, if she had done some sleuthing and asked Chase who the woman was who was mentioned in relation to him he could have shrugged it off as a past romantic relationship but still friends. And, when Ryan and Chase first created the plan to dupe her for some financial benefit he might not have thought it would require that he propose to her. Somewhere along the line Pilgrim rewrote the script to lead to an engagement/breakup.

If she was hitting on Buddy in episode one of this season, then, I concede and you all are correct.

My apologies, I didn’t  mean to imply you needed to change your mind.  My opinion is not more important or “right” especially since mine is based wholly on speculation.  I thought a lot of your points were valid, I just think most reality shows are not real lol so I  am somewhat cynic in how I look at them sometimes.  Also, even with all of Whitney’s antics part of me hopes she is not going through the actual heartbreak of being cheated on.  I doubt we will e er know the whole truth unless there’s some sort of tell-all and only if it is written by Todd lol .  Again, my apologies if I made it seem as though anybody should change their mind.  English is not my first language so sometimes my writing doesn’t always come off the way I want to 🙂

• Love 7
On 6/17/2020 at 6:38 AM, Me from ME said:

I'm in the minority here but, I still think that Twit was fooled early on to believe that his intentions were real but that she learned of the gf sometime before the Paris trip. I know she is a "trained" actress but the early pictures of her with Chase show a true happiness radiating from her. Compare the look on her face from the trip to the country with any of the open mouthed guffaws, or, even the one for the local newspaper with her family.

By the time of the house warming party and most certainly the engagement all the barnacles knew it was fake and that it was a matter of finishing out their contracts.

If I could rewatch the season I would start looking for the first episodes when she starts snuggling and kissing Buddy. That might be the point at which when Pilgrim Productions learned that Ryan and Casey had fooled them as well and knew they had to rewrite the script for an inevitable breakup.

These are really interesting observations. I’m one who believes Whitney knew it was fake but I’ve been on the fence about whether she knew there was a girlfriend. I definitely don’t believe the relationship with the baby mama was a one night thing. But these observations about the change in Whitney’s behavior even prior to finding out about mini-Chase to me are making me think that even if she did know it was fake, she didn’t know there was a girlfriend. Let’s face it. Even if Whitney knew the relationship was for the show, she probably figured she could seduce him with her fabulousness - pretend to be in love long enough and of course you fall in love kind of thing. But when she (and TLC) finds out about the girlfriend, she realizes he really is just in it for the paycheck/quasi-fame. So she’s ticked and they have to start creating the breakup since clearly he isn’t going to marry her. Enter Buddy the stud who is going to make Chase so crazed with jealousy they will break up and her change in attitude you mention here. But then come baby and it just can’t be salvaged so she goes off the deep end with her panic attacks and the break-up she didn’t script. 

I will say one thing, if everyone knew it was fake from the beginning and Whitney still had the gall to lecture Heather on how to have a relationship, then Heather deserves a huge bonus for not slugging her in the face right there. 

• Love 8

This piece of  crap article  made it sound as if  she was hospitalized  after she made the  announcement  on social media:

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/06/whitney-thore-chase-update-buddy-together/

If I have my timeline  right, she went to the hospital  the first week of  May. If that was the FIRST hospitalization,  that means she learned  of the  baby in late April. But Ryan wasn't  there for the first  hospitalization,  so this must have been the  SECOND  one, which means the first one --- and consequently her learning  about the  baby and her panic attack --- would have been even  earlier. 

LOL. I'm the Joe Kenda of MBFFL. 😂😂

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

This piece of  crap article  made it sound as if  she was hospitalized  after she made the  announcement  on social media:

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/06/whitney-thore-chase-update-buddy-together/

If I have my timeline  right, she went to the hospital  the first week of  May. If that was the FIRST hospitalization,  that means she learned  of the  baby in late April. But Ryan wasn't  there for the first  hospitalization,  so this must have been the  SECOND  one, which means the first one --- and consequently her learning  about the  baby and her panic attack --- would have been even  earlier. 

LOL. I'm the Joe Kenda of MBFFL. 😂😂

I’d love Joe Kenda to interview all the barnacles and Whit to find out who’s telling the truth and who’s fibbing lol

tumblr_o8rv4zKGrY1vxachto1_500.png

• Love 8

Irate Panda, it is I who should apologize I didn't express myself very well. I would like to hear enough of a counter argument change my opinion that's all. All too often people state their opinion without  without any supporting evidence. You made great points but there were other things to consider. I was hoping to have someone blow my suppositions out of the water so I could come over to the other side.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Irate Panda, it is I who should apologize I didn't express myself very well. I would like to hear enough of a counter argument change my opinion that's all. All too often people state their opinion without  without any supporting evidence. You made great points but there were other things to consider. I was hoping to have someone blow my suppositions out of the water so I could come over to the other side.

I think we both made good points 🙂 The truth is probably a combination of everyone’s hypotheses.  I still think Joe Kenda should investigate LOL 😂 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

"So early"? That looks like a full term baby.

It is a full term baby but according to the due date she was born at 37 weeks. While that’s a full term baby, I would assume that many guys, especially young guys like Chase, have no idea that 37 weeks is full term and he assumed he had 3 more weeks before she’d arrive. So to him ‘ she’s early’. 

At first I thought maybe he was trying to cover for Whitney’s lie that he was going to be a father in October (although technically she said ‘he would be a father by October which is true) but I seriously doubt he gives a shit about Whitney or whatever she said when they “broke up” so I think it’s far more likely that like many men, he assumed the baby would be born at 40 weeks. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Responding here to @Irate Panda’s news that Tal and Jon broke up—that really, really surprises me! I wonder if they’ll sell the house. I also wonder if Tal’s presence on the show had anything to do with it; Jon seems very private. 

That was my first thought.  I got the impression that Jon wasn't a Whitney fan. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Responding here to @Irate Panda’s news that Tal and Jon broke up—that really, really surprises me! I wonder if they’ll sell the house. I also wonder if Tal’s presence on the show had anything to do with it; Jon seems very private. 

I’m so sad for them. I do wonder what happened but mostly hope we don’t find out. They deserve the privacy. The presence on the show does make some sense but just 2 weeks ago Tal was posting photos of them together and Heather was responding that they were so cute together. It seems like if the show was the problem it wouldn’t have come out of the blue, especially while they aren’t filming. Not that IG ever tells anywhere close to the real story. I just hope they are both ok. The end of a long term relationship is hard enough without adding the holidays, Covid, quarantine etc. 

And I just need to add...Whitney had better keep her big yap shut. I will blow a gasket if I see any ‘I can so relate’ posts from her. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

I think it’s Tal’s house meaning I thought he was the sole owner.  This is the only breakup on the show I’m actually sad about, I mean I don’t know them obviously, but they both seem like good people.  Anyway, hopefully they both have nice happy lives.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m so sad for them. I do wonder what happened but mostly hope we don’t find out. They deserve the privacy. The presence on the show does make some sense but just 2 weeks ago Tal was posting photos of them together and Heather was responding that they were so cute together. It seems like if the show was the problem it wouldn’t have come out of the blue, especially while they aren’t filming. Not that IG ever tells anywhere close to the real story. I just hope they are both ok. The end of a long term relationship is hard enough without adding the holidays, Covid, quarantine etc. 

And I just need to add...Whitney had better keep her big yap shut. I will blow a gasket if I see any ‘I can so relate’ posts from her. 

I'm sure she'll find a way to shift the focus to herself.  I mean,  that's what she does with birthdays,  right?

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, auntjess said:

When Ashley (?) gave birth, it was all about Whit.

Very true. When it comes right down do it, when is it not all about Whit. It was even all about Whit when Babs had her stroke. 

So I revise my hope. I hope that if Whit is sitting there thinking about how Tal’s breakup is just like her and Chase, I hope she keeps her big gob shut. And if she doesn’t, I hope Tal tells her which bridge to jump off of.

• Love 4
On 9/13/2020 at 7:27 PM, cherenkov said:

"So early"? That looks like a full term baby.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:30 PM, 3girlsforus said:

It is a full term baby but according to the due date she was born at 37 weeks. While that’s a full term baby, I would assume that many guys, especially young guys like Chase, have no idea that 37 weeks is full term and he assumed he had 3 more weeks before she’d arrive. So to him ‘ she’s early’. 

At first I thought maybe he was trying to cover for Whitney’s lie that he was going to be a father in October (although technically she said ‘he would be a father by October which is true) but I seriously doubt he gives a shit about Whitney or whatever she said when they “broke up” so I think it’s far more likely that like many men, he assumed the baby would be born at 40 weeks. 

The original Amazon registry said that the baby was due in August. The date was changed a few days after Whitney made the announcement, but screenshots still exist. In the beginning Whitney also said that the baby was conceived during quarantine, which everyone knew couldn't be true. I don't think she was born at 37 weeks, I think that's Chase trying to go along with Whitney's narrative. For whatever reason they were trying to pretend that he impregnated SJ later than he did. Why Whitney finally admitted that it happened in December is beyond me. At the time of the baby's birth, Chase may not have realized that Whitney had given the correct date range in her talking head.

• Love 1
On 12/12/2020 at 8:41 AM, Pachengala said:

Whatever the case may be, and I agree that I hope Tal keeps it private and off the show, a couple of weeks before Christmas is a terrible time to break up!  I’ve been married forever, so I’m not up on this sort of thing, but don’t people usually limp through the holidays in hopes that the joy of the season helps patch things up?  This is an awful time of year to be newly uncoupled.  I guess abuse or unfaithfulness are the exceptions to this theory, but we don’t know the details and they both seemed happy together.  I wish them both well as they navigate the holidays apart . . .

• Love 5
4 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Whatever the case may be, and I agree that I hope Tal keeps it private and off the show, a couple of weeks before Christmas is a terrible time to break up!  I’ve been married forever, so I’m not up on this sort of thing, but don’t people usually limp through the holidays in hopes that the joy of the season helps patch things up?  This is an awful time of year to be newly uncoupled.  I guess abuse or unfaithfulness are the exceptions to this theory, but we don’t know the details and they both seemed happy together.  I wish them both well as they navigate the holidays apart . . .

Quarantine, working from home, no outside distractions, from what I have seen COVID is accelerating the demise of a lot of relationships that were already limping along. Spending the rest of your life together sounds like a nice abstract when you aren't spending every moment together trapped in a box.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, John M said:

Quarantine, working from home, no outside distractions, from what I have seen COVID is accelerating the demise of a lot of relationships that were already limping along. Spending the rest of your life together sounds like a nice abstract when you aren't spending every moment together trapped in a box.

True. In the initial weeks of the  lockdown,  I thought I was going to go nuts. I commented to my husband that I took him "for better or for worse, but not for 24/7." Thank God  gyms reopened after a few months.  All that togetherness was a serious threat to my 30+ years of sobriety. 

• Love 4

Here's what I want to know: why isn't there A SINGLE BARNACLE  brave enough to tell Sweatney the truth? 

1. It's not your weight that keeps you single. 
  2. You physically  STINK.
  3. You're  rude, hateful,  and self-absorbed. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

True. In the initial weeks of the  lockdown,  I thought I was going to go nuts. I commented to my husband that I took him "for better or for worse, but not for 24/7." Thank God  gyms reopened after a few months.  All that togetherness was a serious threat to my 30+ years of sobriety. 

My first year wedding anniversary was in August, so I have now spent more time in quarantine with my husband than not. I figure if our first year we can survive a pandemic, it should be smooth sailing for the rest of our marriage lol.

Edited by John M
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Here's what I want to know: why isn't there A SINGLE BARNACLE  brave enough to tell Sweatney the truth? 

IMO it's because they don't want to get yelled at by angry Whit fans on SM.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

Actually, I think Todd has . . . at least under his breath . . .

• Love 6

I just read a letter to my favorite advice columnist about this very thing. Apparently one school of thought is that, if you breakup sufficiently far enough before Christmas (if you celebrate it), it's kinder to go ahead and do it than to fake cheer throughout the holidays, go through the rituals of gift giving and kissing under the mistletoe, etc. and then your former partner figures out that you were faking it the whole time. I guess there's some theoretical date by which it's mean (e.g. December 23 seems like a lousy time) but I think early to mid-December is fair game. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2020 at 4:31 PM, Colleenna said:

TLC $$$$

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2020 at 9:14 PM, Irate Panda said:

TLC $$$$

TLC pays for shit. I've seen some of these contracts and I could literally make more in one weekend at our area flea market. Some of the people don't get paid at all, or, if they do, it's a standard rate of just a few hundred bucks. The only real money is for the "stars", and it's usually not money at all, but in the form of a new house (which is really for the production company's needs) and trips. Is it really worth it? The people who earn the big bucks are the ones who manage to turn their stint into something off the show-like Only Fans, Patreon, speaking gigs, conventions, etc. But in this group Whitney's the only person doing that. Is it really just the social media worship and attention keeping the barnacles around? Because I'm starting to think she has some garbage on them that she's holding over their heads... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

TLC pays for shit. I've seen some of these contracts and I could literally make more in one weekend at our area flea market. Some of the people don't get paid at all, or, if they do, it's a standard rate of just a few hundred bucks. The only real money is for the "stars", and it's usually not money at all, but in the form of a new house (which is really for the production company's needs) and trips. Is it really worth it? The people who earn the big bucks are the ones who manage to turn their stint into something off the show-like Only Fans, Patreon, speaking gigs, conventions, etc. But in this group Whitney's the only person doing that. Is it really just the social media worship and attention keeping the barnacles around? Because I'm starting to think she has some garbage on them that she's holding over their heads... 

I don’t think the barnacles make a ton of money, but I do think it, along with the free trips, help to keep them “in line” for doing what they probably already do to a lesser extent for free.  I think Buddy is clearly in this for the money, but honestly he would have been there freeloading anyway, so I guess he figured he might as well get paid.  Todd and Ashley, I think pretty much do this for the money as they are least embarrassing in their comments.  Heather and Tal, I think enjoy the extra money and being on tv but I think they’d praise Whitney no matter what.  I think they actually like her.  I think this group is codependent and  in a way are stuck in junior high or whenever they met.  I don’t think Whitney has anything on them other than maybe say if they’re still on the show.  In terms of reality shows, it’s a fairly tame one so I could see them willing to drive a few hours for a “birthday” parade for a couple thousand dollars. They probably like being “known” in town, however d-list it might be. 

• Love 3

I've been wondering about Tal's actual profession for a while. During the Lake Norman episode he mentioned working in a hospital yet just before he and Jon parted ways he posted a video on sm of Jon napping while Tal narrated that he was grading papers.

I don't remember him ever talking about having earned an advanced academic degree so considering him to be a therapist might be an overestimation of his credentials. I do think he was previously referred to as a substance abuse counselor which is a whole different thing. Where I am from, it is a quasi professional career populated by either Corrections Officers, Mental Health Workers, or former substance abusers who have received specialized training.

After seeing the video he made just before Christmas caused me to wonder if he has changed careers and has started teaching.

6 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I've been wondering about Tal's actual profession for a while. During the Lake Norman episode he mentioned working in a hospital yet just before he and Jon parted ways he posted a video on sm of Jon napping while Tal narrated that he was grading papers.

I don't remember him ever talking about having earned an advanced academic degree so considering him to be a therapist might be an overestimation of his credentials. I do think he was previously referred to as a substance abuse counselor which is a whole different thing. Where I am from, it is a quasi professional career populated by either Corrections Officers, Mental Health Workers, or former substance abusers who have received specialized training.

After seeing the video he made just before Christmas caused me to wonder if he has changed careers and has started teaching.

According to his  FB profile,  he studied  counseling at Wake Forest. Don't know if it's a graduate  degree or what. I believe he's also in recovery.  Perhaps he volunteers as a substance abuse  counselor.  Who knows,  with these people,  what's true and what's a lie/exaggeration. 

• Love 1

I think he said he was a licensed clinical mental health counselor and also worked as an addiction specialist.  I’m pretty sure he  worked as a school counselor at one point.  I could be conflating stories but in regards to grading papers, I thought he was teaching a class for people that wanted to be counselors, but I’m not a 100% sure.  Somebody mentioned he  was licensed by the state, so I do think it’s his real career, it be too easy to check either way.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but does anyone recall if Whitney can lift more weight than Jessica?  I recall when they were training, competing, etc.  but, couldn’t recall the details.  

I think Jessica can lift more.  Jessica did a clean and jerk at 180 lbs and I think Whitney said her PR was around 105 lbs though I think she did lower at the competition maybe around 90?? I think the snatch and release Jessica was around 145 and Whitney was maybe around 60 lbs??  Whitney seemed to lift less while training with Shawn I’m assuming because he was focused on her perfecting her lifting form vs the amount of weight.  I don’t watch all the time so I don’t know if she got higher than these numbers at some other point.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but when did Donna leave the show? Was her appearance during the Avi debacle the last of her appearances?

I'm thinking Donna and Avi ran off together..🤣

• LOL 8

Rewatching the show. Heather is not in season 1, but is a background in the dance class (episode 14). If they are so close and been so close since HS, why don’t they talk as friends during class? Also, Donna is there in the Hawaiian birthday, and in the “no bs” video she had made. Was she originally a “friend” ? 

And, she is really pissy with people. Really rude and SO loud. How did I not really see that first time I saw this show….

• Love 1
5 hours ago, cantfindaname said:

Rewatching the show. Heather is not in season 1, but is a background in the dance class (episode 14). If they are so close and been so close since HS, why don’t they talk as friends during class? Also, Donna is there in the Hawaiian birthday, and in the “no bs” video she had made. Was she originally a “friend” ? 

And, she is really pissy with people. Really rude and SO loud. How did I not really see that first time I saw this show….

There have been photos that show Whit and Heather really were friends in high school, as opposed to being hired to pretend. However, I don't know that the BFF storyline is all that accurate. I think Heather was a friend who was still local and as a single mom probably liked the idea of additional money coming in so she was willing to be on the show. My impression is that before the show they would see each other occasionally, as would be expected from two people with so little in common now as adults - history as friends but no real current depth to their relationship. Judging from SM, that 'occasionally' has reduced even further to almost never when not filming. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

There have been photos that show Whit and Heather really were friends in high school, as opposed to being hired to pretend. However, I don't know that the BFF storyline is all that accurate. I think Heather was a friend who was still local and as a single mom probably liked the idea of additional money coming in so she was willing to be on the show. My impression is that before the show they would see each other occasionally, as would be expected from two people with so little in common now as adults - history as friends but no real current depth to their relationship. Judging from SM, that 'occasionally' has reduced even further to almost never when not filming. 

I just saw her “introduction” as “Buddy got a new girlfriend”. Yes, my life is this boring I am watching it all 🙈. Heather “just got divorced” and Whit says they were childhood friends and reconnected after the divorce. I think you are correct with your impression of their friendship. 

• Love 1

Did she really say that she befriended Heather after her divorce? That's odd since Twit worked at the same radio station as Heather's husband. Doubting that she was maintaining boundaries between her work life and her personal life.

13 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Did she really say that she befriended Heather after her divorce? That's odd since Twit worked at the same radio station as Heather's husband. Doubting that she was maintaining boundaries between her work life and her personal life.

No, that they were childhood friends and reconnected after the divorce. 

16 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

ow will Twit try to sabotage this one?

The brain worms in her head are festering as we speak,someone she knows can not have happiness in any form.she will start shitting up the internet and social media.This'woman' is the worst.We know it will be classless,senseless, and somehow she will be the victim.Please go away you piece of shit.,

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

How will Twit try to sabotage this one? 

She is currently trying to be oh so cool on IG with another one of her sex-themed 'tell me ask me stuff'.  I expect the upcoming week will be multiple posts about how great it is to be fat but still fit. (yea right)

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3