Type keyword(s) to search

Hired Friends: Whitney's Social Barnacles

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Nice picture of the three.  I’m guessing this was the reunion episode.

Chase always  looks  dirty and  unkempt  to me. Maybe  he and Twit were  made for  each other. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

Chase always  looks  dirty and  unkempt  to me. Maybe  he and Twit were  made for  each other. 

ITA. His clothes. His beard. And especially his hair which appear unwashed for weeks on end.

There're a photo or several of him with no beard & short hair on his or Ryan's IG  page. Not bad-looking -- tho decidedly on the average side of the spectrum -- when he's cleaned up. But all that unkempt hair? Nope.

• Love 2

I think Chase is fine looking but I’m not a fan of long hair on men.  I think he is the best looking boyfriend she had in the show (although that may not be saying much). I do think he looks better with shorter hair but they’re all about average looking on the show.  

They’re just regular people.  I think Chase sometimes looks a little sloppy because he’s usually coupled with Ryan, who seems to put a lot of effort into his appearance. Chase seems to go for comfort over style. Also, people already are skeptical of Whitney’s relationship, I’d think it be even weirder if a well groomed, dressed to the nines guy was hanging with sports bra leggings lady, who pees in hot tubs.  Although like someone said there’s a lid to every pot.

• Love 1

The sweet, amazed expression on Buddy's face as he pets a turkey & other domestic farm animals -- swipe for all 5 photos -- may have changed my opinion of him forever.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dot said:

The sweet, amazed expression on Buddy's face as he pets a turkey & other domestic farm animals -- swipe for all 5 photos -- may have changed my opinion of him forever.

I still think Buddy’s an asshole, but the pictures are sweet.  I’m glad when the barnacles are showing themselves on SM doing non-Whitney related things.  I am both surprised and impressed that I see Todd post very little unless he’s on Facebook.  I don’t have an account.

• Love 4

@Irate Panda, in the SM thread, you asked me: "why do you think Ryan is conniving?"

I don't have a good answer for you; it's more a feeling than anything I can express. He rubs me the wrong way. I think he is pompous & way too full of himself. I am suspicious of his being on call for Twit 24/7 -- real friendship or opportunity for more camera time? I vote for the latter since I see him as opportunistic as well as pompous & conniving.

And that characteristic can be seen in the way he inveigled his way onto MBFFL. I know some of you don't believe Ryan & Twit met on a dating app. I absolutely do believe it. He saw her, knew she has a TV show, pretended an interest so he could get a date, turned on the charm -- doesn't take much for Twit to be charmed by any male -- and the next thing is a prominent role on a reality show. Excepting Twit, he had the most amount of time on the first 2 episodes. Pretty good going there, Ryan.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Excepting Twit, he had the most amount of time on the first 2 episodes. Pretty good going there, Ryan.

Very true, and there was the scene with just him and Chase talking which I found kind of odd considering they're so new to the show.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Dot said:

@Irate Panda, in the SM thread, you asked me: "why do you think Ryan is conniving?"

I don't have a good answer for you; it's more a feeling than anything I can express. He rubs me the wrong way. I think he is pompous & way too full of himself. I am suspicious of his being on call for Twit 24/7 -- real friendship or opportunity for more camera time? I vote for the latter since I see him as opportunistic as well as pompous & conniving.

And that characteristic can be seen in the way he inveigled his way onto MBFFL. I know some of you don't believe Ryan & Twit met on a dating app. I absolutely do believe it. He saw her, knew she has a TV show, pretended an interest so he could get a date, turned on the charm -- doesn't take much for Twit to be charmed by any male -- and the next thing is a prominent role on a reality show. Excepting Twit, he had the most amount of time on the first 2 episodes. Pretty good going there, Ryan.

I am sure he did.

My boyfriend showed me her on Tinder or Bumble - I can't remember which one. It was before he and I were exclusive - and he knew I watched the show so he saved it to show me *lol*

I found it interesting that she had her mileage range set pretty far - we are near Raleigh.

I swear this was around... summer of last year 

• Useful 4
6 hours ago, Dot said:

I guess when I said I didn’t believe the dating app thing, I meant I  I believed they met on the app but never believed he was interested in her as a date, but didn’t think he tricked her into to the business.  More like this is why we’d be a good team and Whitney starry eyed over any man would interact with her said yes and the fact she could make money made it a real thing.  I do think Ryan comes off as arrogant sometimes, but none of them are winners.  I haven’t  seen enough of his behavior and I look at his SM, but mostly just look at his dog pictures.  I think they’re all opportunistic, in one way or another, but it’s probably easier for him because he doesn’t really know her.  Unless he lied on the dating app to her, 
I don’t think he’s wrong trying to ride his 15 mins of fame because that’s pretty much what they are all doing.  

Now Chase I’m curious about, did a Ryan pick this friend, did he get out a book of his Bros for Whitney to peruse?  

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I guess when I said I didn’t believe the dating app thing, I meant I  I believed they met on the app but never believed he was interested in her as a date, but didn’t think he tricked her into to the business.  More like this is why we’d be a good team and Whitney starry eyed over any man would interact with her said yes and the fact she could make money made it a real thing.  I do think Ryan comes off as arrogant sometimes, but none of them are winners.  I haven’t  seen enough of his behavior and I look at his SM, but mostly just look at his dog pictures.  I think they’re all opportunistic, in one way or another, but it’s probably easier for him because he doesn’t really know her.  Unless he lied on the dating app to her, 
I don’t think he’s wrong trying to ride his 15 mins of fame because that’s pretty much what they are all doing.  

Now Chase I’m curious about, did a Ryan pick this friend, did he get out a book of his Bros for Whitney to peruse?  

No doubt. My boyfriend never watched the show but he knew of her. So Ryan May have seen the opportunity and swiped right. 

• Love 3

I don’t see Ryan or Chase as “bros.” Maybe I understand the word differently. Ryan is kind of feminine and immature. Also Whit keeps feeling the need to remind us how “bro” they are. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, sonder said:

I don’t see Ryan or Chase as “bros.” Maybe I understand the word differently. Ryan is kind of feminine and immature. Also Whit keeps feeling the need to remind us how “bro” they are. 

Maybe she just calls them that because they were in a fraternity together, but they have some bro-like tendencies.

• Love 1

I'm sure Ryan has a ton of buddies but I do believe that he and Chase are best friends so a) Chase was the most likely to be talked into any scheme that Ryan cooked up and b) it's more palatable to both of them because they already spend a ton of time together and this just gives them a way to monetize the hanging out they are doing already.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Dot said:

Ryan never saw the show before this new season but I’m assuming she’s like a local “celebrity” in North Carolina so I’m sure he recognized her on Tinder. His workout program existed before her. They just renamed it to get her fan base to get on board with it. I wrote it on another topic but him and Chase have talked about having their own show. I’m just curious if Whitney is in on all of this or she’s being deceived by these guys. And her fans are all accepting this because the show never really had hot straight young guys on before. I wish Jess’ boyfriend Isaiah was a little more fame whoreish because he’s the most attractive one. But he’s more serious about his fitness to worry about a camera crew unlike the other 2. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm sure Ryan has a ton of buddies but I do believe that he and Chase are best friends so a) Chase was the most likely to be talked into any scheme that Ryan cooked up and b) it's more palatable to both of them because they already spend a ton of time together and this just gives them a way to monetize the hanging out they are doing already.

5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Maybe she just calls them that because they were in a fraternity together, but they have some bro-like tendencies.

I'm sure Chase is a Pi Kappa Alpha bc he shows a lot of that frat's stuff in his IG photos. But is there any info that Ryan is his frat bro? Granted, during college years bros in a frat tend to hang out together, but it's not impossible that Chase & Ryan were friends in college without being in the same frat. Or that they met after college & linked up bc of their college affiliation, not a frat affiliation.

Does anyone know for sure?

On 1/22/2020 at 1:23 AM, sonder said:

Towel and the "toxic masculinity" comment.

18 hours ago, oneintroduction3 said:

I’m just curious if Whitney is in on all of this or she’s being deceived by these guys.

It would be easy to deceive Twit. She's desperate for the attention.

• Love 9
On 1/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, Dot said:

I'm sure Chase is a Pi Kappa Alpha bc he shows a lot of that frat's stuff in his IG photos. But is there any info that Ryan is his frat bro? Granted, during college years bros in a frat tend to hang out together, but it's not impossible that Chase & Ryan were friends in college without being in the same frat. Or that they met after college & linked up bc of their college affiliation, not a frat affiliation.

Does anyone know for sure?

Not 100% sure Ryan was in the fraternity, I remember reading it but not from him. I also read  he, Chase and the Other Thanksgiving guy all went to the same school, so they’ve been friends for about 10 years.  Either way theirs is about the only relationship I think is real.  I think the two are best friends and this was probably a good business deal for Ryan and Chase come along for the ride because it had more perks than not.  I really don’t think it’s much deeper than that.  They’re riding their 15 mins like the rest of them. 

I feel like everybody knew the deal except maybe the old barnacles didn’t know their airtime would be cut as much as it was.  I really don’t mind any of the barnacles because you couldn’t pay me enough to put up with some of the nonsense.  I think they are earning every penny they get.  Honestly they all seem to work harder than Whitney and it’s her show.  If this exercise website is halfway profitable then Ryan is probably the one barnacle that has put money in Whitney’s pocket.  Don’t get me wrong, im sure he saw it as an opportunity for himself, but it beats a blob living rent free In your attic doing God knows what, and your international “boyfriend” scamming money off you allegedly.

Tal and Ryan seem the only ones genuinely happy In their posts.  Tal seems happy with Jon and Ryan seems happy to have increased his Brand without having to have any chub rub like incidents with Whitney.  Every PIKE I know would never date anybody like Whitney, but love, alcohol or money can make you do a lot of things you never thought you would, so Chase’s thought process could be anything.  I’ve actually given up watching week to week and will just binge watch along the way.  Honestly, I think we all put a lot more thought into this show than the writers/producers or participants.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 1/20/2020 at 2:49 PM, Irate Panda said:

I think Chase is fine looking but I’m not a fan of long hair on men.  I think he is the best looking boyfriend she had in the show (although that may not be saying much). I do think he looks better with shorter hair but they’re all about average looking on the show.  

Although like someone said there’s a lid to every pot.

That's so funny. Here I am thinking a nice head of long hair can take an average looking guy into HOT. Imagine Jason Momoa with short hair!  

(I know I said on a neighboring board that I'm gay, but I'm using gay like an umbrella term like queer. I'm bi, but even my lesbian wife appreciates Jason Momoa. Also I had to correct that from Jason Momoan...which is a totally appropriate typo.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

That's so funny. Here I am thinking a nice head of long hair can take an average looking guy into HOT. Imagine Jason Momoa with short hair!  

(I know I said on a neighboring board that I'm gay, but I'm using gay like an umbrella term like queer. I'm bi, but even my lesbian wife appreciates Jason Momoa. Also I had to correct that from Jason Momoan...which is a totally appropriate typo.)

I'm not a fan of  long hair on men. To me, Jason  would be  scorching  hot with shorter hair.  

And I'm  as straight as you can  be, but I can appreciate beauty in a  woman.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I'm not a fan of  long hair on men. To me, Jason  would be  scorching  hot with shorter hair.  

And I'm  as straight as you can  be, but I can appreciate beauty in a  woman.  

Got curious and googled around:

Still fine as hell, but the long hair will always be king for me. Just goes to show, there's no accounting for taste!

Jason-Momoa-short-hair-2_cr3gjw.jpeg

• Love 2

I think the short haired Chase (the photo in the boat) is far more attractive than today's version. I wonder what is going on with his teeth.  He seems to smile in a way to cover them up. Have they been knocked out? Rotted? I know time takes its toll on many bodies so I'm not comparing the shape of his torso, but ...

• Love 3
7 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I knew Jason Momoa.  Jason Momoa was a friend of mine.  Chase, you’re no Jason Momoa!  LOL   Seriously though, it’s all personal preference.   I think it’s because Chase’s man bun draws attention to his receding hairline, probably which is being hastened by his man bun.  For the record, I don’t mind bald guys, Jason Statham, The Rock, etc, but dislike a skullet, if you will.  Overall, I think Chase is probably first or second most physically attractive guy on the show (I know that ain’t saying much).  Ryan is attractive, but way too short and his personality is not for me.  He’s got a beautiful head of hair though.  Tal, I like as a person, but he reminds me of a glow worm, Todd’s black beard and blonde hair coupled with the fact that he flails around awkwardly while dancing is a no go, and Buddy is well Buddy.  I am shocked by his devolution on the show.  The weight, the mumbling, his teeth look jacked up, they said his hygiene is bad, he looks dusty, he has an anger management issue  and his immaturity is outstanding.  The only positive thing I can say is that he got sober and I’m glad for him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I think the short haired Chase (the photo in the boat) is far more attractive than today's version. I wonder what is going on with his teeth.  He seems to smile in a way to cover them up. Have they been knocked out? Rotted? I know time takes its toll on many bodies so I'm not comparing the shape of his torso, but ...

I was wondering if he had cleft palate surgery which does affect one’s smile?

@Irate Panda said, "I also read  [Ryan], Chase and the Other Thanksgiving guy all went to the same school, so they’ve been friends for about 10 years."

I continue to be confused by that  TG video-feed. Cam (other guy) seemed to be the cook, so I now assume it was his residence. Prominent on the living room wall was a huge Ohio State banner. I used to think the home -- and therefore, banner -- belonged to Ryan bc he spent Xmas with his family in Ohio. So, I assumed he went to that school, but someone said he was a UNC grad

Anyone know for sure what college Ryan attended? And did he meet Chase there?

3 hours ago, Dot said:

@Irate Panda said, "I also read  [Ryan], Chase and the Other Thanksgiving guy all went to the same school, so they’ve been friends for about 10 years."

I continue to be confused by that  TG video-feed. Cam (other guy) seemed to be the cook, so I now assume it was his residence. Prominent on the living room wall was a huge Ohio State banner. I used to think the home -- and therefore, banner -- belonged to Ryan bc he spent Xmas with his family in Ohio. So, I assumed he went to that school, but someone said he was a UNC grad

Anyone know for sure what college Ryan attended? And did he meet Chase there?

According to an article in  one of those  celebrity rags, Ryan  and  Chase met at UNC Charlotte.  

• Useful 1

i

1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

According to an article in  one of those  celebrity rags, Ryan  and  Chase met at UNC Charlotte.  

This seemed like a good idea, so I Googled Ryan & Chase. Below is info I got from a couple of on-line celebrity rags.

Whitney, who runs a line of activewear with size inclusivity called NoBS Active, met her handsome, long-haired fiancé through her NoBS business partner, Ryan Andreas. Chase and Ryan attended college together at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, where he received a B.S. degree in Accounting and Finance, according to Distractify. In addition to his new “reality star” and “fiancé” status, Chase worked as a revenue field auditor at the North Carolina Department of Revenue from 2014 to 2016, Distractify reports. It’s unclear at this time what he does for a living today.

(BTW, I read the Distractify article & it offered nothing new from the above.)

Another mag:

Given Chase Severino’s age, you might think that the star would be interested in clubbing. On the contrary, he enjoys chilled nights or days at a local club joint. He told Whitney that he loves breweries Since there is a brewery in town that only brews cider they both agreed to go and try out the Cider brewery.

And

[H]e worked as a revenue field auditor for two years at the North Carolina Department of Revenue. Additionally, Chase became the Director of Beverage Operations in Wilmington. In 2019, he said that he got a new job as the manager for Amplify bar.

And

Chase has a younger sister Kylie, and they were raised in North Carolina before moving to Clayton. Chase Severino’s mother is Dorian Severino and his father, Harry Severino, unfortunately, passed away in 2014. Harry Severino was a baseball player who had graduated from Marshall University in West Virginia and later became a sales consultant for some car dealerships.

So, lots of good info, incl an explanation as to why a WVA boy went to college in NC, something I have been wondering about.

But, dammmit! 😠 I still don't know if Ryan is also a Pike.

Edited by Dot

Per their IG pages, Buddy & Twit are apparently traveling by car across the country from SoCal & occasionally stopping at tourist sites such as Yosemite. Their mutual fans don't seem to have tumbled to the fact that this is a strange thing for a newly engaged woman to be doing. 

That is IF she is really engaged & not "reality" engaged.

And isn't it interesting that celeb rags are already calling Chase a "reality star." Just what he intended, I suspect.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Dot said:

Per their IG pages, Buddy & Twit are apparently traveling by car across the country from SoCal & occasionally stopping at tourist sites such as Yosemite. Their mutual fans don't seem to have tumbled to the fact that this is a strange thing for a newly engaged woman to be doing. 

That is IF she is really engaged & not "reality" engaged.

And isn't it interesting that celeb rags are already calling Chase a "reality star." Just what he intended, I suspect.

Maybe she will say she is taking the scenic route to see Chase lol.  I love how she and Buddy are spending more time together now than before she was engaged...”romantic lunches” ...scenic road trips.  It’s like neither one of them have anybody else to bother.  I wonder if Buddy will live with the newlyweds lol.  I would say this is a soap opera but it’s more of a sitcom.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

More aboit Chase's early days

Chase Severino Is from North Carolina

Born on June 7, 1990, Chase Severino calls Huntington, West Virginia his hometown. But he and his younger sister, Kylie, were raised in North Carolina. He also goes by Casey Severino among family.

Chase’s parents, Harry and Dorian Severino, are based in Clayton, North Carolina. Harry Severino, a former baseball player, graduated from Marshall University in West Virginia. Harry’s father, Harry Simmons, passed away in 2014.

Harry Severino is a sales consultant for multiple car dealerships. It appears he and his family later relocated to Clayton. Chase attended Carroll Middle School in North Carolina, where he also played sports.

17 minutes ago, Dot said:

More aboit Chase's early days

Chase Severino Is from North Carolina

Born on June 7, 1990, Chase Severino calls Huntington, West Virginia his hometown. But he and his younger sister, Kylie, were raised in North Carolina. He also goes by Casey Severino among family.

Chase’s parents, Harry and Dorian Severino, are based in Clayton, North Carolina. Harry Severino, a former baseball player, graduated from Marshall University in West Virginia. Harry’s father, Harry Simmons, passed away in 2014.

Harry Severino is a sales consultant for multiple car dealerships. It appears he and his family later relocated to Clayton. Chase attended Carroll Middle School in North Carolina, where he also played sports.

I tried to go to the Pike, UNCC, page & it turns out that that chapter has been thrown off campus for being bad boys. Here's a comment:

"These guys went from top dogs to the bottom of the barrel after their actions towards their pledges. Peeing on naked pledges in the woods while they were naked is absolutely disgraceful. Hopefully they learn better when they come back after a certain amount of years."

Maybe this explains the naked photo of Ryan & Chase!

Jeez! I've become as obsessive about Ryan = Pike? as Twit was in hunting down Avi's other GFs.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Uuuugghh said:

Did I just see Heather and Ryan weirdly making out on the preview for Tuesday? Suppose that’s all she will talk about forever? How they frenched that one time (so clearly he loves her)?

I just saw a commercial for that while watching another mess of a show, Sister Wives.  I do know Heather posted a pic of her a Ryan when they were on the cruise, I remember because her hair looking very nice.  Anyone her followers instantly commented about them being a couple blah blah blah....and a Heather stated something like He’s not interested and neither am I and that’s ok.  

Personally, I don’t see Ryan interested in a 35 year old woman with two young kids.  I have no idea what a Heather really wants as the whole Buddy thing threw me for a loop.  I believe she says she suffers from anxiety so maybe it hinders her from finding someone of better quality or maybe she’s just tired of the weirdos that message her online, I don’t know.  I think she said she works two jobs and has two kids, so I’m sure she’s busy, but hopefully she gets to do things she enjoys outside of the show and meets a good guy some day, if that’s what she wants. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I just saw a commercial for that while watching another mess of a show, Sister Wives.  I do know Heather posted a pic of her a Ryan when they were on the cruise, I remember because her hair looking very nice.  Anyone her followers instantly commented about them being a couple blah blah blah....and a Heather stated something like He’s not interested and neither am I and that’s ok.  

Personally, I don’t see Ryan interested in a 35 year old woman with two young kids.  I have no idea what a Heather really wants as the whole Buddy thing threw me for a loop.  I believe she says she suffers from anxiety so maybe it hinders her from finding someone of better quality or maybe she’s just tired of the weirdos that message her online, I don’t know.  I think she said she works two jobs and has two kids, so I’m sure she’s busy, but hopefully she gets to do things she enjoys outside of the show and meets a good guy some day, if that’s what she wants. 

Since we know the ‘Heather is so upset that Whitney kissed Buddy’ story is crap, then any ‘make a scene kiss with Ryan’ would be show scripted as well. Heather does seem to want a relationship but she also seems to be happy with her kids and life as is for now. Nothing in SM makes me think that anything they portray about her on the show is really true. 

• Love 4
On 1/24/2020 at 7:26 PM, Uuuugghh said:

Did I just see Heather and Ryan weirdly making out on the preview for Tuesday? Suppose that’s all she will talk about forever? How they frenched tongued that one time (so clearly he loves her)?

Fixed it for ya. 🙂

• Love 1

Buddy has a current IG story replying to a fan who sez he needs to get a real job, quit mooching off his friends, or end up living in his parents' basement the rest off his life.

Buddy claims he was paying rent, now has his own place & is "making plenty of money." He sez he was pissed that Twit told him she wanted him to rent from her for 2+ years & only a month later told him to move. After he'd bought a bed, drapes, a TV, etc.

Well, we know his rent was minimal. But I think he has a point about Twit's turning her back on him. OTOH, you'd think he would have learned & signed a lease with her. It wasn't the first time they butted heads over him as her tenant.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Dot said:

Buddy has a current IG story replying to a fan who sez he needs to get a real job, quit mooching off his friends, or end up living in his parents' basement the rest off his life.

Buddy claims he was paying rent, now has his own place & is "making plenty of money." He sez he was pissed that Twit told him she wanted him to rent from her for 2+ years & only a month later told him to move. After he'd bought a bed, drapes, a TV, etc.

Well, we know his rent was minimal. But I think he has a point about Twit's turning her back on him. OTOH, you'd think he would have learned & signed a lease with her. It wasn't the first time they butted heads over him as her tenant.

So Tal has his own house and Buddy has his own place. Who is living in Whits house?  She still seems to be living in Charlotte and it would seem if she leaves there she would move to Wilmington, assuming she plans to live with her fiancé at some point and the whole thing isn’t fake. They wouldn’t lie to us about that now would they?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/24/2020 at 2:22 PM, Dot said:

So, lots of good info, incl an explanation as to why a WVA boy went to college in NC, something I have been wondering about.

I can help with this. I grew up in WV (my family still lives there) and they are OBSESSED with the beach. Specifically, NC, SC, and FL. Why? I donno. But Myrtle Beach, Outer Banks, and some beaches in Florida are the only places they'll go on vacation. I had my family out to CA where I live (near Santa Cruz) and they were all terribly disappointed with how cold our water is and how difficult it is to find a good beach to splash around. A couple of years ago I went to my sister's wedding in the Outer Banks (on the beach of course), and was equally disappointed in their idea of a mimosa (a screwdriver topped with Sprite).

I know Whitney doesn't live anywhere near the beach, but there's a mentality that these three states = beach, and I could see Chase having the same attitude.

Edit: just saw the comment that Chase is from NC. Disregard my explanation...lol.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Useful 1
On 1/24/2020 at 5:22 PM, Dot said:

I’m not sure why this would be surprising. Lots of kids go to colleges in other states. There can be a tons of reasons to do so.  He had connections to NC but even if he didn’t I wouldn’t find it so strange. 

And if he chose NC for the beaches - he should have gone to UNC Wilmington. 

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m not sure why this would be surprising. Lots of kids go to colleges in other states. There can be a tons of reasons to do so.  He had connections to NC but even if he didn’t I wouldn’t find it so strange. 

And if he chose NC for the beaches - he should have gone to UNC Wilmington. 

One of the articles  mentioned that  Chase had family in  Clayton  NC. (His mother,  I think.) 

I looked  it up and  Clayton  is near Raleigh.  Why UNCC? Why not UNC Greensboro? 

2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

One of the articles  mentioned that  Chase had family in  Clayton  NC. (His mother,  I think.) 

I looked  it up and  Clayton  is near Raleigh.  Why UNCC? Why not UNC Greensboro? 

Each UNC campus is a distinct school. You apply separately. They have different studies, although many overlap obviously.  They have different sports teams, etc. Charlotte is more of a city than Greensboro. So I would assume that was more attractive to Chase. From a “prestige” factor, if that mattered, UNC Charlotte would be higher on the list than Greensboro while still not being the flagship school of UNC in Chapel Hill. Of course there may be many other factors that are as individual as people so who really knows. 

If his mother does live in NC then it makes even more sense that he would come to NC for school since he would have in-state tuition rights. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

So Tal has his own house and Buddy has his own place. Who is living in Whits house?  She still seems to be living in Charlotte and it would seem if she leaves there she would move to Wilmington, assuming she plans to live with her fiancé at some point and the whole thing isn’t fake. They wouldn’t lie to us about that now would they?

I think she was planning to rent it to whoever could pay the rent - just put it on the general rental home market. Maybe she just has normal tenants?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think she was planning to rent it to whoever could pay the rent - just put it on the general rental home market. Maybe she just has normal tenants?

Rent it and run it as a pilgrimage site for her groupies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, auntjess said:

Rent it and run it as a pilgrimage site for her groupies.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the unwitting dopes who are gonna rent her house. They are gonna find themselves the caretakers of a heritage site as Twit's fans turn up on the doorstep.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I'm curious about how Heather is often designated "a single parent." That term to me means an adult with child[ren] who is the sole custodian, pays all the bills, furnishes all food, clothing, shelter, etc.

Heather & her ex share the 2 kids, alternating weeks with them. So, is she still a single parent? Is "co-parent" a term which could describe her circumstance?

BTW, I wonder how the weekly tradeoff is gonna work as the kids get older. (Ava is almost 12.)

• Love 1
On 1/28/2020 at 7:49 AM, 3girlsforus said:

This past episode Whitney claimed some handyman she and Buddy know is renting the Greensboro house with his girlfriend.  Supposedly Whitney asked if Buddy could be their roommate and they said no.....not sure if this was real or just on the show.

• Love 1