Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I don't even believe Azan is attracted to women.  Mo either.  It's dangerous to be LGBT in their culture.  I can see how they're willing to attach themselves to women like Dani and Nicole to ensure passage out of there.

Ha! Maybe that's why Azan's family was so excited to meet Nicole!

Look Azan is with a girl! A great big, annoying, lazy, non-Muslim girl sure...but still an actual female!

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Ha! Maybe that's why Azan's family was so excited to meet Nicole!

Look Azan is with a girl! A great big, annoying, lazy, non-Muslim girl sure...but still an actual female!

Maybe they naively believe that marriage will "take away the gay"?

• Love 3

Or maybe they are just guys who don't publicly show affection and are therefore more reserved.    Just because their eyes aren't bugging out and they aren't drooling over any woman who comes by does not make them gay.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Or maybe they are just guys who don't publicly show affection and are therefore more reserved.    Just because their eyes aren't bugging out and they aren't drooling over any woman who comes by does not make them gay.

That's entirely possible...but if either guy was with someone he so obviously was not put off by, then I'd think he was reserved rather than repulsed.

I don't get it. Are people questioning Azan's sexuality because he doesn't seem to be attracted to Nicole? That seems like a leap to me. Ever since she first appeared on the show, people have been commenting about how repulsed they are by her behavior. Do we expect a different reaction from Azan? Yes, he's supposedly "in love" with her, but he couldn't have known how she would act once they met in person. So the fact that he took a big step back after meeting her does not surprise me at all.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't get it. Are people questioning Azan's sexuality because he doesn't seem to be attracted to Nicole? That seems like a leap to me. Ever since she first appeared on the show, people have been commenting about how repulsed they are by her behavior. Do we expect a different reaction from Azan? Yes, he's supposedly "in love" with her, but he couldn't have known how she would act once they met in person. So the fact that he took a big step back after meeting her does not surprise me at all.

Not at all! No way would I assume he's gay because he's repulsed by her and/or her behavior. Anyone would be.

His parents may have been nagging him to find someone.  Mabye she's his beard, so it will quiet his parents down.  Anything is possible.  Maybe he really did like her, but is understandably disappointed, for many reasons having little or nothing to do with her size. 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Absolutely! But who's drooling over Nicole or Danielle? Now cycling harder on my Handbasket to Hell. Which now has sharp knives cause I'm advocating for Danielle Staub to return to RHNJ.

It does make it a more interesting theory though in addition to the hunger for a green card. Azan looked positively Catholic school girl giddy after Nicole went through the security gate compared to his usually emotionless face. 

BTW - nothing like my old neighbor's reaction  when I gave him four box tickets to Cher years ago I got at last minute for my old company's box. That was authentic Catholic school girl giddy (BTW - I was one). 

I don't generally mind harmless speculation on a board (except for underage children). So (see handbasket), their maybe something to that. It might because I'm from pre-gentifrication Capitol Hill and my first house I bought was in a neighborhood that it was me and mostly gay men moving in, so I heard all the stories sometimes how hard it was for their family to accept. Mostly from American black men (and a couple of black women) due to religion- so I can only imagine how it is for foreign Muslims.

BTW - I don't think Mohamed is gay. Just sleazy.

• Love 4
On 10/31/2016 at 8:27 AM, DangerousMinds said:

thank you!!!!!

So overweight people (or simply those with questionable eating habits) can't look for relationships? What about people who smoke? 

No they shouldn't because bad habits shouldn't be encouraged, that includes smokers.

Edited by pastaintheprincess
  • Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

Point well taken! And, I was well aware that I was not looking around at the town's elite (well, okay with the exception of the Mayor).

People make fun of my part of the country, too ~ in fact it's even worse! And, it's not anything like the stereotypes. Put it this way: I am not a toothless and married to a sibling.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I get carried away sometimes. Ohio is beautiful and I have been there many times. And, in my part of the country the leaves are changing and there's nothing more beautiful.  I love the beach, but I would miss the change of the seasons.

you didn't hurt my feelings and I am wondering if you are my neighbor in west Virginia...that is one of the most beautiful states in the union.  I have so many friends from there...god bless you

• Love 1

I don’t understand why Patrick thinks he has the right to interrogate Alla about her feelings for Matt.  I understand where she is coming from.  In other countries and cultures, it quite common to marry for convenience and then love builds.  Here in the United States, we do put a lot of value on love. Hence the 50% divorce rate.

Chantel is living in a one room efficiency, so I am wondering what she is doing with all that money that she needs to protect from Pedro.  I find it ironic that she objects to Pedro telling his parents about what is going on in their private life. Perhaps if she’d been a little more forth coming with her parents, they wouldn’t be in the mess they are in.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I started heaving watching and listening to Nicole shoveling food in her mouth.   She saves leftovers in her cheeks for midnight snacks.    

She hadid SO much food on her plate and was taking forkfulls big enough to choke a horse 

• Love 17

FUCKING PATRICK.

Now I am super curious... why does his girlfriend stay with him?  She genuinely seems appalled at his boorish behavior.  This episode is JUICY!  Dripping with drama, and I am only half-way through.  

Eww at Lolololol macking on Nakiya- it was so painfully obvious that this "prince" is trying to distract her with sex.  Reminded me of my ex- total slimeball. RUN girl, RUN.  

Dreading the Mo/Dani awkwardness, so I am not even bothering to fast forward through the commercials.

PS- Jorge... how's the bed you made?  Giving her your password was the stupidest thing I have ever heard of anyone doing.  Bing bingggg bing bingggg

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I started heaving watching and listening to Nicole shoveling food in her mouth.   She saves leftovers in her cheeks for midnight snacks.    

Mom serving her a gallon of mashed potatoes and a acres worth of corn whilst she clutches her pearls and exclaims "How dare he!" was very telling. I am a fat person myself and am not disdainful of overweight people in general. It isn't hateful to talk about an intimate partners weight and health. It's math. And if you are lugging around 200 extra pounds it is not good for you. It wasn't necessarily "mean" of him to suggest that she try to get in shape so that she could maybe walk up that tiny hill in the desert.

I get the feeling that her Mom has enabled her special millennial snowflake through teen Mom-dom, eating herself into a prediabetic condition (I think she has a medic alert bracelet on so maybe she is already there), giving up on her career/education and settling for a minimum wage job. Sad. I feel bad for that adorable little girl. Luckily her aunt seems to have a fairly good head on her shoulders.

4 minutes ago, liammaam said:

OH- last comment... do ya'll think that Azan actually said things like "shut the fuck up" to Nicole?  I don't think those two will ever be seeing each other in person ever again.

I don't believe that he said that for a hot minute.

• Love 15
On 10/24/2016 at 10:28 AM, MrSmith said:

I think the preview from next week says a lot about his character. His friends (or brother) chose to hire one of Matt's ex-wives as the stripper for the bachelor party. The absolute and total crassness/boorishness required to do such a thing staggers the imagination. 

Wait, WHAT?  That was an ex-wife????

1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

Who can I appeal to about have Jorge's drivers license revoked? Reckless isn't even the word for that moron. TLC shouldn't put the producers at risk by having them in the car with that fat clueless ahole is texting and driving. I hope that his insurance carrier catches this footage and cancels his policy.

It's against the law in Calif. to be on a cell phone while driving. That video alone would get him in big time trouble, but he's too dumb to know he's being scammed by a Russian hooker so why would he worry about being filmed breaking Calif. law?

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Mom serving her a gallon of mashed potatoes and a acres worth of corn whilst she clutches her pearls and exclaims "How dare he!" was very telling. I am a fat person myself and am not disdainful of overweight people in general. It isn't hateful to talk about an intimate partners weight and health. It's math. And if you are lugging around 200 extra pounds it is not good for you. It wasn't necessarily "mean" of him to suggest that she try to get in shape so that she could maybe walk up that tiny hill in the desert.

IMO there's a healthy, genuinely concerned way to have conversations around a person's weight (usually, when the person is, y'know, directly asking for your advice and/or support). What we saw was, at best, little teasing jokes that were either lost in translation or were underscored with tense music leading us to believe Azan was being a shithead even if he wasn't, and at worst nasty snipes that were covered by faux concern. There's also a difference between meeting your partner and having them gain weight during the duration of their relationship, and having to have difficult but loving conversations, and telling a fat girl you love her and almost immediately doing an about-face. That's not okay. And honestly, Nicole's size is one of the least offensive things about her. Should she want to feel better, and reduce her risk factors, awesome, but there's a lot of other things she needs to work on. 

• Love 12
On 10/25/2016 at 0:28 PM, Drogo said:

If you're getting married, you want to throw a party, and you want me to attend- I'm there, no judgment.  I love Love.

I've gone to someone's third wedding before and I'd go to someone's fourth or fifth.  FWIW, we always give Nespresso machines.

Dang I need to get Married....Pronto. 

Nespresso Machine....

Oh who am I kidding, I've waited 51 yrs......I can wait another 49.... Bwahahaha 

• Love 4

Lowo, you LIED to your fiance. If you wanted a Nigerian woman you should have played your games with them!!! I am amazed at how clueless these people seem to be. And Jorge grow a pair if that is possible.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I don't believe that he said that for a hot minute.

I think Girlfriend was lying to Mommy. She knows that she was an awful brat in Morocco. To make up for that fact, she lied her ass off to make herself look like a victim by telling her family he told her to "shut the fuck up" and that she needed to lose weight so that he could be more attracted to her. 

• Love 16

Jorge, I'm pretty sure if you were to pull over (!) and look at your iPhone settings, you could easily disable the "find my phone" feature. Change your password while you're at it! 

I don't think the "f word" is in Azan's vocabulary, at least on camera. All I ever recall him saying was to plead with Nicole to "stop talking!" 

I couldn't help but compare Nicole and Azan's taxi ride to the airport and her departure and Narkyia's arrival and ride from the airport with Lowo. 

I couldn't watch Chantel's THs between her clenched teeth and how she kept narrowing her eyes. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Jorge, I'm pretty sure if you were to pull over (!) and look at your iPhone settings, you could easily disable the "find my phone" feature. Change your password while you're at it!  

Dude needs to make a stop at Verizon and switch to Android! But if he wasn't smart enough to do something after she kept factory resetting it from Russia, he's not going to now. I feel like we're being punked with these two. Surely Anfisa would understand he needs to work! He can't sit at home and wait to be kicked out AND make the money she's marrying him for, FFS. 

Oh Nicole. You're so right. Every good relationship has been predicated on one or both parties completely changing their personalities 180 degrees! Please someone tell me that the auntie really has custody of that sweet baby girl. It's unfortunate enough that Nicole is her mother; she shouldn't have to be subjected to the fights and bullshit that will come if Azan actually comes. 

God, are Matt and Alla the winners of this season?? Everyone is all about Anfisa being real and honest, when Alla has been quietly sitting in the corner refusing to say "I love you" and admitting she may never do so. 

• Love 14

Patrick is a jerk for interrogating Alla about "Why do you love Matt?"

Alla should have responded "I'm not going to be interrogated by you" and/or Matt should have cut the guy off and said "You're not going to interrogate her."  

What Alla should NOT have done was admit she doesn't love Matt and THEN claim to be offended by the questioning.  Because she kind of lost the moral high ground once she admitted she was marrying a man she doesn't love so that she and her son can get green cards.

Lowo is stringing Narkyia along and either hasn't applied for the fiance visa and/or is up to some shady dealings in Vietnam. 

• Love 10

How  much torture is it to listen to Chantel's Spanish?  Anyone?  It is almost as painful as Pedro's English.  Please someone give them money for language classes.

Edited by newyorkgirl
wrong forum
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Jorge trust your gut.  Who texts/calls 1000 times per minute?   Ugh. 

Meowwww you are too kind to tell Jorge the above but he already knows.  He may look stupid but he is not stupid.  She tells him who and what she is every time she speaks, everytime he asks, everytime she rolls her eyes, and I am sure everytime she climbs on top.

At the Jeweler's when the clerk asked him why his fiancé keeps beeping him he had that dumb look on his face that he uses when he says "she's crazy".  I am sure they edited those words out.  Wish they had edited the dumb facial expression as well.  Lol

We all know that if someone is annoying you on the phone, you can ignore them, block them, Jorge was acting like an idiot in that car.  Is it editing, is production telling him to act the fool or is he really.......I don't even know what to call him at this point.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, lasandi said:

We all know that if someone is annoying you on the phone, you can ignore them, block them, Jorge was acting like an idiot in that car.  Is it editing, is production telling him to act the fool or is he really.......I don't even know what to call him at this point.  

I would call him a ball-less wonder......except he DID have them but they now reside in Anfisha's purse.......

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I think Girlfriend was lying to Mommy. She knows that she was an awful brat in Morocco. To make up for that fact, she lied her ass off to make herself look like a victim by telling her family he told her to "shut the fuck up" and that she needed to lose weight so that he could be more attracted to her. 

THIS!!!  We all heard what he tried so diplomatically to say to her.  I am sure they would have put it out there if he said something differently.  

To be really honest with you guys I felt that production was pushing him to stay the course.  I really think he wanted out and he was talked into keep trying.  I wouldn't put it past TLC to have run out and bought that ring that he gave to Nicole.  That is just my opinion and of course I could be wrong.

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, KariLois said:

I really don't get the Azan love.  He is trying to scam a girl he clearly hates for a green card.  I feel for Nicole.

Exactly. At least find someone who doesn't have a kid to scam, bevause you know you're just going to skip out on them.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

Love is not required for a K1 visa.  Besides. love is a western thing.  Not everyone is raised to be swept away into marriage by changing emotions.  If these folks want to marry non-westerners, they have to be able to understand that not everyone on the planet marries for love. 

Love itself is not required, but it's also a crime to marry solely to obtain a green card.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

You show officials footage from this stupid show where Alla said she didn't love Matt.

That is not illegal. It may seem foreign to you but love is not required for someone to agree to enter into a marriage contract. Marriage is just a legal contract. They don't care if you love the person or not.  If there is other evidence of fraud, you can certainly point out this conversation but it doesn't have as much strength as you think it would.

• Love 14

I really don't know who's dumber, Jorge or Matt.  It still wasn't Patrick's place to be asking Alla those things, it's none of his business.  You want to tell your friend in private you think he's an idiot, go right ahead.  But grilling her in front of him was bad form.

I gotta love Jorge's sisters.  I wonder if Anfisa knows about the marijuana measure on the California ballot this Tuesday.  Jorge will hit the jackpot, it looks like it's going to pass.

• Love 4