Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

When my daughters were younger, I would tell them I considered their rooms 75% cleaned up, if their beds were made. I feel the same way about hair being brushed or combed making them look 75% put together. Just look clean! My mother used to call it, “ looking like you belonged to someone “.

My old boss called it looking on purpose.  It has always resonated with me.

• Love 1
On 5/12/2018 at 8:13 PM, Kokapetl said:

First J on left....she's got boobs, so now she's forced into the Denim Skirt of Servitude. Joy, Part 2.

Jackson, aka Peter Pan, but without the fun.

Jyler....well, at least Peter Pan has a pal now.

Jkid #4.....all the cute playclothes in Walmart, and she's forced into that shmata? Poor kid.

Jkid#5...I swear that's a bridemaid's dress from one of the weddings.

Josie....gotta love it.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, drafan said:

First J on left....she's got boobs, so now she's forced into the Denim Skirt of Servitude. Joy, Part 2.

Jackson, aka Peter Pan, but without the fun.

Jyler....well, at least Peter Pan has a pal now.

Jkid #4.....all the cute playclothes in Walmart, and she's forced into that shmata? Poor kid.

Jkid#5...I swear that's a bridemaid's dress from one of the weddings.

Josie....gotta love it.

I think Josie is playing dress up in one of Jill's old pilly maternity maxie dresses.

• Love 2
On 5/15/2018 at 11:51 PM, cmr2014 said:

... My mother still pushes my hair out of my eyes, or tucks it back behind my ears when she thinks it's not right. It matters to her -- I matter to her. That's just not the case for these kids.

23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

... My mother used to call it, “ looking like you belonged to someone “.

You guys nailed it. They truly are Lost Girls. 

• Love 11
On 5/15/2018 at 11:34 PM, Abstract said:

I wouldn’t judge if these were normal people. I decided to pick my battles and let my daughter start picking her outfits when she was 3, and she wears some pretty outlandish and sometimes frumpy stuff. And she always insists on wearing leggings under her dresses even though it ruins the look.

Back to the Duggars, though. We know they don’t care about letting their children express themselves through clothing and they’re all about control. So if the kids look tacky, it’s because they’re either forced to wear certain clothes or left to themselves out of laziness. 

And if they were normal people, I would cut them some slack because maybe they are on a tight budget and clean hand-me-downs or thrift store purchases are all they could afford.  But if you are going to whore your kids out to the media, buy some clothes for them that fit.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, louannems said:

I guess Jackson didn't inherit the Servants Heart, and god doesn't seem to have much in store for him, either.

LOL, just thought of the same thing.  No mention of Jackson's love of the Lord?

• Love 8

Wait, wait, wait.  Let me see if I understand this.  They know that HE, Jackson, has a wicked sense of humor - is he allowed to have anything wicked?, He also extends kindness and friendship wherever he goes.  That's the most personal thing I think I've every heard them say about a single child.  Add into that that in 3 of the 4 photos, he's looking AT THE CAMERA!!!  I mean Jackson is obviously the rebel and star.  When do we rescue him????

• Love 14

Someone's been reading here! That has got to be the best-written, most personal birthday post I've seen from them. (Admittedly, the bar is set on the ground, but still.)

• Love 22
1 hour ago, graefin said:

Someone's been reading here! That has got to be the best-written, most personal birthday post I've seen from them. (Admittedly, the bar is set on the ground, but still.)

Jana probably wrote it.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Wait, wait, wait.  Let me see if I understand this.  They know that HE, Jackson, has a wicked sense of humor - is he allowed to have anything wicked?, He also extends kindness and friendship wherever he goes.  That's the most personal thing I think I've every heard them say about a single child.  Add into that that in 3 of the 4 photos, he's looking AT THE CAMERA!!!  I mean Jackson is obviously the rebel and star.  When do we rescue him????

I think he's already rescuing himself, lol.

1 hour ago, SMama said:

How long before Jackson spends a year at Alert?

Shhhhh... let his little photobombing light shine, poor pet...

• Love 8
4 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Where does it say wicked? 

• Love 2

Didn't they mention in a birthday post last year that he was going to use his servant's heart to be a preaching mechanic like his mentor, Kendra's dad? This year he gets to be a witty and kind kid? 

Maybe it's a Duggar/Fundy 'gap year', 13 years of training, one year of childhood and bam, you're back to a Lord serving soul with the additional task of seeking a mate.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't they mention in a birthday post last year that he was going to use his servant's heart to be a preaching mechanic like his mentor, Kendra's dad? This year he gets to be a witty and kind kid? 

Maybe it's a Duggar/Fundy 'gap year', 13 years of training, one year of childhood and bam, you're back to a Lord serving soul with the additional task of seeking a mate.

E8615128-5ACC-4BA5-B7AE-6A86C36D9145.png

2F53B299-EA58-40B0-9D24-66D0CBA36FAC.jpeg

• Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

He is so oddly comfortable with a microphone!

He was literally born on television. He's been around microphones his whole life. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

Jackson is a star!  Jackson has been a star since the beginning!

A perpetually photo-bombing star.

21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jackson looks way too happy. I foresee a trip to ALERT in the near future. 

I think he's been sent to Pre-Alert many times.

Run, Jackson, run! Grab Josie and head to Dollywood!

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, drafan said:

Poor kid. I hope he runs as soon as he can. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, drafan said:

I think they only do pre-ALERT during the big conferences. I'll check the site and amend the post if I'm wrong. 

eta: They offer ALERT Cadet for boys 8-17, but it's a father-son thing done at home. 

https://alertacademy.com/cadet/join/

Okay, dug some more and found a 3-day thing.

https://alertacademy.com/cadet/opportunities/

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Don't get too comfy with that dog, Jackson. I'm sure she'll disappear sooner or later just like all the other Duggar pets.

I hope the dog stays.  It would be nice if Jackson got to do something as an individual.  

• Love 15

Color me shocked the kid is allowed to do anything independently amongst them there heathens.  With the exception of whomever is giving him a ride, they may be the only two Duggars around.

• Love 5