Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Do we know that this is TLC? She filmed what is rumored to be that troubled marriage reality show in the spring, but that's another network (and has yet to air). Could that network (VH-1 or E! not sure which does the marriage show...never seen it) picked her up? Both networks are certainly downmarket of TLC, although that's not saying much. 

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Do we know that this is TLC? She filmed what is rumored to be that troubled marriage reality show in the spring, but that's another network (and has yet to air). Could that network (VH-1 or E! not sure which does the marriage show...never seen it) picked her up? Both networks are certainly downmarket of TLC, although that's not saying much. 

Maybe it was for an even lamer network, like "fyi,", which had Khloe Kardashian's talkshow. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Happy birthday, Hannie. I am sorry that your parents already broke your spirit and that you really haven't talked to your birth mother other than to be lectured in months. 

Me-Chelle isn't even trying to pretend like she knows her kids now.. "She loves to sew and do craft projects."   Poor Hannie, I guess she doesn't have a "heart" for anything and no mention of Jesus in this one.  Hannie's birthday must have slipped up on them until they were reminded by some outsider.    Can't forget to mention - of course Me-Chelle has to make sure her face is in the front of the picture.    My heart breaks for the little ones. 

• Love 10

She didn't even get a drippy sundae, just a lame cone.

eta: I also think the Duggars are aware of what the Bateses write and how poorly they come off in comparison. Hence, these piss-poor attempts at trying to show how well they know what their kids actually do.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Happy birthday Hannie, who is a girl! She's a girl, she's a girl, she's a girl. Have I mentioned she's a girl? Well, I will right after we get her nails done. (She's a girl.)

• Love 19

Michelle's Updated Instagram post:

"(Hang on, what's her name again?  I know it starts with J...I'm going to need more...J-O...)Johannah (ha, I knew I'd think of it eventually!) is...(oh shoot...can't do the math...math is for boys...I'm going to take a stab in the dark) 9 10 11 years old today! (today?  What's today?  September?)  She loves to (how should I know what she loves to do, I don't even remember having a Johanna) sew (because all my girls love to sew, I guess?  Sounds good.) and do craft projects (just vague enough to sound legit, yo).  So today (Johanna's birthday!  Ha!  You thought I'd have forgotten already but I didn't!) we grabbed a quick bite (greasy drive-thru chicken leg in the van, no time for a nice one-on-one sit down with...um, J-O...Johannah!) and are going to do some shopping (at the second-hand store where she can pick out one "new" shirt to add to the family closet, where she'll probably never see it again).  But first, we had to get her nails done! (because the nail salon is right next door to Starbucks and I could just drop her off for a half-hour and go get my fix on the sly)."

On another note, Johanna doesn't appear to be especially thrilled in the nail salon photo.  Is she the most lost of the lost girls? #freeJohanna

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Malvina said:

Cub0dcNWcAE4ARP.jpg

Who is the non-Duggar on the far left?  Is Jinge sitting between the girl and the boys because defraudment?  Does Jinger own a comb?  Who are the boys?  I don't even recognize the one in the white shirt.  Or the one on the end, to be honest, but I know he's a Duggar.  The boys are actually really cute in a generic, middle-school first-crush kind of way, IMO.  It's too bad their spirits were broken years ago.  Hey, where's Jinge's phone?  Isn't it surgically attached to her hand?  What if Babe calls?

These pictures just bring up so many questions for me, I'm sorry.

• Love 4

I'm wild and crazy I guess.  I think that's as close to natural as we're likely to see Jinger's hair.  It looks fine to me and probably better than it would with a regular comb or hairbrush that would turn it frizzy.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Who is the non-Duggar on the far left?  Is Jinge sitting between the girl and the boys because defraudment?  Does Jinger own a comb?  Who are the boys?  I don't even recognize the one in the white shirt.  Or the one on the end, to be honest, but I know he's a Duggar.  The boys are actually really cute in a generic, middle-school first-crush kind of way, IMO.  It's too bad their spirits were broken years ago.  Hey, where's Jinge's phone?  Isn't it surgically attached to her hand?  What if Babe calls?

These pictures just bring up so many questions for me, I'm sorry.

Those are the twin boys, Jer (left) and Jed. For show purposes, while they are still legally minors, they are being showcased as part of the kidult crew. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Happy birthday, Hannie. I am sorry that your parents already broke your spirit and that you really haven't talked to your birth mother other than to be lectured in months. 

And Hannie changed her clothes in between getting her nails done and shopping?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Me-Chelle isn't even trying to pretend like she knows her kids now.. "She loves to sew and do craft projects."   Poor Hannie, I guess she doesn't have a "heart" for anything and no mention of Jesus in this one.  Hannie's birthday must have slipped up on them until they were reminded by some outsider.    Can't forget to mention - of course Me-Chelle has to make sure her face is in the front of the picture.    My heart breaks for the little ones. 

I am thinking these cards for her kids are madlib style.  Just plug in a god approved hobby and random J name and voila!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Is it just me or does Johanna look like Josiah?

I thought in the nail salon pic she looked like a young Joy. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
I need to cut my nails
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Michelle's Updated Instagram post:

"(Hang on, what's her name again?  I know it starts with J...I'm going to need more...J-O...)Johannah (ha, I knew I'd think of it eventually!) is...(oh shoot...can't do the math...math is for boys...I'm going to take a stab in the dark) 9 10 11 years old today! (today?  What's today?  September?)  She loves to (how should I know what she loves to do, I don't even remember having a Johanna) sew (because all my girls love to sew, I guess?  Sounds good.) and do craft projects (just vague enough to sound legit, yo).  So today (Johanna's birthday!  Ha!  You thought I'd have forgotten already but I didn't!) we grabbed a quick bite (greasy drive-thru chicken leg in the van, no time for a nice one-on-one sit down with...um, J-O...Johannah!) and are going to do some shopping (at the second-hand store where she can pick out one "new" shirt to add to the family closet, where she'll probably never see it again).  But first, we had to get her nails done! (because the nail salon is right next door to Starbucks and I could just drop her off for a half-hour and go get my fix on the sly)."

On another note, Johanna doesn't appear to be especially thrilled in the nail salon photo.  Is she the most lost of the lost girls? #freeJohanna

Well, Jenni, with her always sad and depressed look,  and Jordyn, who seems to have had virtually no allies or caregivers from the start, used to vie for that title. But I wonder whether the dawn of puberty isn't capable of pushing Hannie into that territory, too, as she begins losing even the small amount of little-girl carefreeness they're allowed and gets smushed into their "woman's" mold. I think all the lost girls are very very very damned lost, poor things. Hard to know what will become of them if they don't run. And that'll be hard because they won't know who to run to.

11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And Hannie changed her clothes in between getting her nails done and shopping?

I think there's a bar of sunlight on her upper arm that makes her gray shirt in the car picture seem to have a white stripe.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Is it just me or does Johanna look like Josiah?

I swear I don't intend this to be mean, but I see a strong resemblance to Josh.  And Johanna looks like a typical pre-teen girl who, under different circumstances, would be outside all day playing kickball, riding bikes, etc. with friends in her neighborhood.  In that manner she reminds me of Joy.  Sadly, this also means that any spirit or fire in Johanna will very soon be extinguished.  It really makes me sad that none of the Duggar girls are going to be allowed to forge their own path and be allowed to let their own unique personalities shine through.  To listen to any of the girls profess a love of sports, only to have that love mysteriously fade away somewhere around their 13th or 14th birthdays is really sad, because we know who is behind that change of heart.

• Love 7

Ummm........I have questions?  Josie is 6, right?  Is she in a high chair?  Trying to draw letters?  And what on earth is being offered to her?  At first I thought it was a cup of coffee but on closer inspection it looks like pudding...is this how they bribe her?  Without 25 hashtags to let me know what's happening here, this is a very strange photo.

• Love 8

She's not in a high chair. Looks like a little school-desk kind of thing. A kid-sized chair with a tabletop. Although she seems a little too big for it.

I hope that she's trying to draw something vs. writing letters. 

She has clearly learned the female Duggar style of posing for a photo. Eyebrows raised to the skies and all.

(Sadly, I can relate to her hair. I had it as a kid. Blonde, flyaway, kinda scraggly. Two minutes after Mom brushed it, it was flying all over like I'd just gotten out of bed with it. Josie's hair looks just like that. I just can't snark on her hair because of my own history.)

Whatever is in that cup looks just gross, like the styrofoam would be better to eat.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Ummm........I have questions?  Josie is 6, right?  Is she in a high chair?  Trying to draw letters?  And what on earth is being offered to her?  At first I thought it was a cup of coffee but on closer inspection it looks like pudding...is this how they bribe her?  Without 25 hashtags to let me know what's happening here, this is a very strange photo.

To me it looks like a cup of coal ash. Although I suppose the big "p" means she's about to write "pudding"? It's darned dark chocolate for a Duggar pudding. Very strange picture indeed.

• Love 2

I had a list of questions about this photo too but they've been covered above. My first thought about the cup was that it looks like a black bean side dish we get from the fried chicken place. But it's more likely chocolate pudding. Is that an attempt at a letter R?

• Love 1

Whatever it is, the photo seems to be centered on what's in the cup first, and Josie's reaction to it is second.  Like - "this is how we get Josie to sit still and draw pictures - we offer her a cup of her favorite (slushie/coffee grounds/pudding/coal ash)!"  Weird to me. 

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

That's what I'm thinking. Looks like he replaced Jackson...

Nah, Jackson is still in attempted photobomb position. He just can't get out of the gaggle of Jgirls, almost all of whom have surpassed him in size.

Who is that spare kid? Is he wearing one of those fake football camp shirts that were printed up just for that one episode?

The Jboy has Abdow's Big Boy hair.

The only thing on that list of birthday fun with Mullet that would interest the average 11-year-old is the ice cream cone.

I can't believe Josie already has the pop-eyed picture pose down pat :/

Looks like Coke or root beer with crushed ice, or a slushy to me.  In any case, what an odd, useless pic to post.

I'm sure that's the newly taken in foster child in the birthday pics. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, awaken said:

I'm sure that's the newly taken in foster child in the birthday pics. 

I thought his picture wasn't supposed to be posted on social media accounts? 

Not saying it's not him, just wondering if they're already breaking the rules about him. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Zella said:

I thought his picture wasn't supposed to be posted on social media accounts? 

Not saying it's not him, just wondering if they're already breaking the rules about him. 

I was thinking the same thing. However the rule may be different between a Foster child and if the Duggars have guardianship. A Foster child is technically in the care of the state, with guardianship they're in the care of the guardians. 

• Love 2

The worst thing about the table picture to me is that it's a picture of Jana's life.

And we wonder why she might not want to get married and have a Gothard-load of kids just now. Geez. 26 (??) years old and this is literally all she's ever done since she was about 7 or 8. It's a wonder she hasn't gone all Lizzie Borden on somebody's ass. What a hideous life. And there's no end in sight.

• Love 16