Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Why not purchase dresses in their size?

Because that might put thoughts in their heads about being actual individuals who are different from one another? And we can't have that. Automatons all wear the same size.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 2

Is that Mykenzie on right?  She looks much cleaner & put together, incl the necklace, than poor Jordyn & Hannie. I wonder how come Miracle Josie wasn't included?  Guess the thrift store only had 3 dresses. I grew up wearing a thin pair of shorts under my dresses during elementary school.  I think it started forGym Day but I ended up wearing the shorts any time I wore a dress a skirt so I could still have fun & run around at recess. Why can't the Lost girls wear something similar? No wonder they have so much laundry. Before we know it, they'll be wearing the floor sweeping denim skirts favored by Jill & Anna.

• Love 3
On 11/1/2016 at 4:02 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Why are they wearing two outfits? Already Modest dress over a top and leggings. That just looks hot and uncomfortable.

They're just kids and it's so sad that they have to dress like that. First if the clothes fit then there would be no need for the under shirt. Secondly, why not a light weight tank top? And third, why not light weight shorts, like @Barb23 mentioned or capri leggings? 

I've seen plenty of young girls, including my own, wearing dresses and outfits bought right off the rack that cover them fully.

• Love 2

So how does the courting work for the Duggar guys? I've speculated that they just sit back and wait for interested young women to make the first move. Because they seem so passive. 

But whether or not the women find them, or they find the women - does Boob have to OK the courtship? Does a woman in whom a Duggarling guy is interested, have to fill out a 50 page questionnaire before the courting can start? What about the woman's parents? Does Boob have to approve them too? Does Boob have to check to be sure the woman's parents are on board with the courtship?

Did Ben, Derick, and Jeremy need a note from their parents along with that questionnaire before Boob green-lighted them to court his daughters?

Can I imagine control freak narcissist Jim Bob not exercising veto power over a son's courtship? Not really. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It takes two people to wash one colander, one small storage bowl and one spoon?               Oh, I forgot. They're Duggars.

OMG so many fuck you internet moments so little time.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Malvina said:

It may be the lighting but both of them look like they've had their hair colored/highlighted esp the one on the left. They look much blonder to me.  

Take a look at the hanging pans in the background.  There looks like a new set of fry pans with the cardboard still around them. Who does that?  Why wouldn't you just take the cardboard off & wash & hang them?

• Love 6

The cardboard wrapped fry pans are probably stolen from Jinger's wedding registry.

The three little girls in matching dresses?  They always choose loose, sloppy necklines so then they can cram a bulky undershirt underneath and draw our attention to MODEST dress. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Why wouldn't you just take the cardboard off & wash & hang them?

Now see, you'd only do that if you were really planning on using them to cook not as fake decor for fake internet shots. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Take a look at the hanging pans in the background.  There looks like a new set of fry pans with the cardboard still around them. Who does that?  Why wouldn't you just take the cardboard off & wash & hang them?

Those were probably among the stuff TLC gifted them when they moved into the TTH. And they probably don't know the cardboard comes off.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

So how does the courting work for the Duggar guys? I've speculated that they just sit back and wait for interested young women to make the first move. Because they seem so passive. 

But whether or not the women find them, or they find the women - does Boob have to OK the courtship? Does a woman in whom a Duggarling guy is interested, have to fill out a 50 page questionnaire before the courting can start? What about the woman's parents? Does Boob have to approve them too? Does Boob have to check to be sure the woman's parents are on board with the courtship?

Did Ben, Derick, and Jeremy need a note from their parents along with that questionnaire before Boob green-lighted them to court his daughters?

Can I imagine control freak narcissist Jim Bob not exercising veto power over a son's courtship? Not really. 

Hopefully some smug quiverfull father makes them fill out a *200* page application.  I want it to include questions about will they ever leave their wife or future daughters alone with MolesterJosh?  How do you reconcile making robocalls about the evils of trans women using bathrooms when your own son is the one who was a danger to small girls in YOUR home?  Things like that that will make Boob seethe.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Absolom said:

Now see, you'd only do that if you were really planning on using them to cook not as fake decor for fake internet shots. 

I gotta say this made me laugh. I've never liked cooking and tapered back after the kids were grown and gone. When we had to rebuild after the storm my husband and I were purchasing a stove, and my husband got frustrated with me and said, "What's the big deal, you're only going to be dusting it".

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I gotta say this made me laugh. I've never liked cooking and tapered back after the kids were grown and gone. When we had to rebuild after the storm my husband and I were purchasing a stove, and my husband got frustrated with me and said, "What's the big deal, you're only going to be dusting it".

No one would fault you for not cooking, since you aren't going around blathering about gender roles and professing to being more feminine and godly than the rest of us. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Which kid is that behind the wheel? I can't tell the generic herp derp boys apart.

I don't know who it is, but I'm sure he washes dishes. And probably aspires to be an earth-moving equipment operator/preacher-missionary. With a ministry.

• Love 13

Must be Jason, who's 16. James is old enough to have a permit, but he's a brunette. Justin is still too young for a permit. 

I don't know which kid it is for sure, but I'm sure they're all champ dishwashers, large machinery operators, and preachers at their respective carlots along the highway. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, 88Keys said:

There's a Justin?

It is Justin in the driver's seat. I read on another site he will be turning 14 in about two weeks, the age when they can get their Learners in Arkansas.  They also commented that after he gets his license, that will leave just 5 kids left to to get theirs.  

It is weird that JB & M are all for the kids to get their licenses as soon as they can, even tho they have to have an accountability partner with them.   You would think they wouldn't want them out there in the big bad world, being somewhat on their own.  Too bad Justin won't be driving to school, soccer practice, the library or to hang out with friends like a normal teenager.

ETA:  Just had a scary thought.  Jackson is 12 so that means he will be eligible for his learners in two years.  Oh my!!

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

It is Justin in the driver's seat. I read on another site he will be turning 14 in about two weeks, the age when they can get their Learners in Arkansas.  They also commented that after he gets his license, that will leave just 5 kids left to to get theirs.  

It is weird that JB & M are all for the kids to get their licenses as soon as they can, even tho they have to have an accountability partner with them.   You would think they wouldn't want them out there in the big bad world, being somewhat on their own.  Too bad Justin won't be driving to school, soccer practice, the library or to hang out with friends like a normal teenager.

ETA:  Just had a scary thought.  Jackson is 12 so that means he will be eligible for his learners in two years.  Oh my!!

I guess they don't care if a kid gets a driver's license because they figure the kid has nowhere to go. Except to do JB and M's errands. And because there's always at least one snitch with them. I hope those JB and M desires are being regularly foiled. But given the level of brainwashing success those two have achieved, I expect they're being foiled a lot less than we'd hope.

• Love 1

I think necessity overrode control when it came to driving, especially with the females. After Josh and JD, the oldest were all girls. Michelle needed someone to help with all the errands while she sat around big & pregnant and joyfully available for JB.

Someone up thread mentioned that the majority are drivers now. I wonder how emotionally prepared JB & M are for this season of life. I'm thinking Michelle may have had more than one laundry-room-moment up in the baby alcove of their bedroom.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

That is a child!! How is it possible for someone so young to be able to drive? That is just scary.

It's one of those cultural American things, and especially a Southern/Western American thing. Kids get their drivers' licenses as soon as they legally can. Been there, done that. 

7 hours ago, MunichNark said:

That is a child!! How is it possible for someone so young to be able to drive? That is just scary.

It tends to be a regional thing is the US. Southern states the driving age is young, northern states the age is older. I do agree with you, it can be very scary.

In California, you can't get a permit until you're 15 1/2. Justin would be SOL until 5/18 here. 

Early licensure definitely stems from states that are more rural. My dad was raised on a farm in Indiana and was driving heavy machinery when he was like 10. The same kind of thing seems prevalent amongst the Howlers, although the thought of 12 year old Jackson driving a tractor or backhoe scares the shit out of me. But I'm sure he's done both. 

• Love 5

When I was a young'un, a lot of kids my age could already drive because they had family farms, and as I recall, you don't (or didn't) need a license to drive on privately owned land.

And they were farm kids or grandkids, so the driving was working driving, not this ATV crap. 

Along with younger drivers, you could also get married at a younger age in many Southern states.  Girls in my HS class started getting married at fourteen, as they got pregnant....

Ah, the good old days.  (They also smoked and chewed younger too.)

• Love 7

Justin (I think, whoever is just above Jackson) has that adorable young teen look that would probably be popular at a public school. He had longer hair in some picture I saw and reminded me of boys back when I was in 7/8 grade. But the boys between him and Jinger have some weird Jim Bob / Michelle combination that did not come out well.