Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

I am remembering all of those cute Hannie and Jackson talking heads  That is way back when I enjoyed the show.

My guess is that Jackson has to wait until SI or another brother outgrows their boots and then he gets a "new" pair.  

Could there be times-tables on the reverse side of those flashcards and that is what he is looking at.  I always thought flashcards were to test or drill someone with.

Could there be times-tables on the reverse side of those flashcards and that is what he is looking at.  I always thought flashcards were to test or drill someone with.

Well, usually you have the question or problem on one side and the right answer on the other. So you can drill yourself. And since drilling yourself is probably the Duggars' main, if not only, actual mode of education, he's probably doing that, don't you think? ....  (Well, he's probably just daydreaming in a bored fashion. But it appears that he's supposed to be drilling himself...Not in the, you know, dental way, but ... NVM)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

It may well be, but someone needs to take those things to a cobbler and have them resoled.

I think once Jill and Jessa left, the remaining J'Slaves just gave up. I think Jinger was depresssed, Joy was too young to exert any real authority and Jana was just too overwhelmed. The youngest horde of kids always looks filthy and feral. God forbid their parents or any of the lazy ass boys pitch in. They're all too busy working in some mythical real estate empire.

That reminds me of an earlier episode when Joy was young. She had 'repaired' some black cowboy boots with duct tape and a black Sharpie. When she proudly showed her mom what she had done, Michelle gave her a glancing smile then rolled her eyes as she looked to the camera and continued talking about whatever it was she was talking about.

• Love 8

That reminds me of an earlier episode when Joy was young. She had 'repaired' some black cowboy boots with duct tape and a black Sharpie. When she proudly showed her mom what she had done, Michelle gave her a glancing smile then rolled her eyes as she looked to the camera and continued talking about whatever it was she was talking about.

Duct tape and a Sharpie?! Just like Vivienne on Pretty Woman! Do you think that's where Joy got the idea from? ;)

• Love 2

Yes, then Michelle took her horde of kids to a thrift store and bought them shoes there.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 3

You have GOT to be kidding me. Eleven years old and he's doing first grade math?! Jesus take the wheel. That is a disgrace.

He kind of looks confused, like "someone thought THIS was something interesting to put in my activity bag?"  Maybe he grabbed Josie's, lol.

Could someone please send a love offering to Jackson to buy that waif a new pair of boots? God knows that asshat, Jim Bob, cannot be bothered to care for one of his blessings' basic needs.

Nah, just send boots.  You don't know what gaping maw of financial need will hoover up the love offering.

• Love 4

A disgrace but not a surprise, I'd say. His parents couldn't care less about math, education or their kids. They're just two massive egos careening about the world, with not one whole adult brain between them to guide the movement, and crushing whatever lies in their path -- notably their NINETEEN damned children. It's plain evil to have raised these kids the way they have, but they've practically been sainted for it as the TeeVee continues to celebrate their "inspirational" family.

And he actually looks kind of confused to learn that 5 + 0 = 5.

Exactly. It's mind boggling that these children might not be able to add and subtract within their sibling group (children minus boys, boys plus girls over 16, etc). [Not really in Jackson's defense, at his age, but the concept of adding zero can actually be more confusing (for children half his age) than the concept of adding 1 or 2 or something else. I've had a lot of children say that you can't do it, and others would guess that 5+0=50.] He would not be the first 12ish year old boy to grab something nearby without any thought to its suitability, when instructed to take something to do in the waiting room. I do so hope that's why he's using flashcards that Josie should have mastered.

Oy, so many thoughts when I saw this. First, yeah...a big boy like Jackson looking at first grade math flashcards. But then I really looked at his face and it kills me. I see a child who is desperately bored, desperately hungry to learn something. And a family so bent on being television stars/god warriors that they are more interested in taking a photo for Facebook than ACTUALLY GIVING HIM AN EDUCATION. He should not be slouched in a doctor's office while someone else in the family has an appointment. He should be at school!! I know a lot of viewers find Jackson irritating, but I always had a soft spot for this kid. He strikes me as one who needs a an extra academic push. Super distractable little boys (and girls, although I've seen it more with little boys) take some special finesse to become successful students, and this picture shows the reality: he's languishing.

The whole photo just screams NEGLECT to me, because I know the story behind those boots and those flashcards. Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar are a two-person parenting plague.

It's depressing to wonder what he and his siblings could have become had they been properly nurtured and educated. You're right, failing to educate them is neglect. And how any of the leghumpers can think that the Duggars are doing a great job of bringing up their children and educating them is beyond me. Logistically, how can you have ~15 reading groups/maths groups??? Especially with the supposed homeschooler spending months at a time in hospital with new babies.

• Love 5

Exactly. It's mind boggling that these children might not be able to add and subtract within their sibling group (children minus boys, boys plus girls over 16, etc). [Not really in Jackson's defense, at his age, but the concept of adding zero can actually be more confusing (for children half his age) than the concept of adding 1 or 2 or something else. I've had a lot of children say that you can't do it, and others would guess that 5+0=50.] He would not be the first 12ish year old boy to grab something nearby without any thought to its suitability, when instructed to take something to do in the waiting room. I do so hope that's why he's using flashcards that Josie should have mastered.

It's depressing to wonder what he and his siblings could have become had they been properly nurtured and educated. You're right, failing to educate them is neglect. And how any of the leghumpers can think that the Duggars are doing a great job of bringing up their children and educating them is beyond me. Logistically, how can you have ~15 reading groups/maths groups??? Especially with the supposed homeschooler spending months at a time in hospital with new babies.

Slaves.

I am remembering all of those cute Hannie and Jackson talking heads  That is way back when I enjoyed the show.

My guess is that Jackson has to wait until SI or another brother outgrows their boots and then he gets a "new" pair.  

Most flash cards don't have first grade work on one side and fifth grade work on the other side.  I think those are definitely his flashcards.  I do not think that Michelle has a clue that her son should be doing long division right now.  I mean she posted this on facey to show what a great mom she is - they're studying at the dentist's office!  I would bet anything that most of the howlers are at least two grades behind where they should be.   My guess is that most of Jackson's "education" involves tossing him a pile of flashcards.  

• Love 3

Aww we need to dave Jackson. I've always liked him. Sandwiched inbetween and never given any proper attention desperate for some love and attention is just heartbreaking. All these kids should have been in a real school.

• Love 7

Aww we need to dave Jackson. I've always liked him. Sandwiched inbetween and never given any proper attention desperate for some love and attention is just heartbreaking. All these kids should have been in a real school.

Besides Hannie, I don't think anyone cared about Jackson. The older boys saw him as an annoying nuisance and the younger girls are stuck with him as a tag along. He's kind of in no man's land, which may be why he's so stunted (in addition to all the other Duggar crap, that is).

• Love 3

I don't think that correctly fitting shoes are important. I remember when they went rock climbing and Joyless was wearing a pair of flip-flops with an inch high wedge that seemed to be about two sizes too big for her. I thought that it was a shame because Joy could have rocked that climb but she was handicapped by her shoes.

• Love 2

There is an empty Walmart bag on the couch with Jackson. I wonder if Michelle bought those flash cards on the way to the dentist as a prop for the photo. She probably never considered people would actually evaluate the appropriateness of the materials. Our job is to say 'oh look - homeschooling no matter where they go. Aren't they wonderful.'

• Love 5

There is an empty Walmart bag on the couch with Jackson. I wonder if Michelle bought those flash cards on the way to the dentist as a prop for the photo. She probably never considered people would actually evaluate the appropriateness of the materials. Our job is to say 'oh look - homeschooling no matter where they go. Aren't they wonderful.'

Yeah, I noted both the empty plastic bag as well as the full size ziplock bag with supplies in it. I'm pretty sure that's where Jackson found those flash cards (and Jenni, her pencil).

• Love 1

Yeah, I noted both the empty plastic bag as well as the full size ziplock bag with supplies in it. I'm pretty sure that's where Jackson found those flash cards (and Jenni, her pencil).

"Act like you're studying, kids. I'm just going to grab a picture."

Because photographing our families in the dentist's waiting room is just what so many of us do. ... So many of us who view every family photo not as a fun memory but as a piece of valuable promotional material to ensure that we'll remain on television, that is.

This is what drives me absolutely crazy. Those kids are constantly coached to do things that have the sole purpose of buttressing the family's damned "brand." They've been treated like props and not like people for their whole lives, and it just goes on and on. That's what is driving me INSANE about this new show. Because by now I'd expect at least one of the 18-and-overs to have noticed that he or she isn't living a real life but is merely a performing seal and to have accordingly, if quietly, withdrawn from participation. But they're clearly all in. And, yeah, I get that they're desperate for cash. But why hasn't even one of the 18 and overs noticed that 99.99999999999999 percent of humanity are getting their cash from something other than reality television and thought about trying that so they can stop the eternal lying about every action, every feeling, everything in their pitiful manipulated lives. But nope. They're all continuing with their pasted-on-cum-Photoshopped smiles.

• Love 16

Probably the guy taking the picture

I figured him to be the server 'til I saw the adidas logo. Didn't think to count meals. He appears to handle the selfie-stick like a pro. Thanks Jinnan tonnix for the due diligence!

I bet they have over a hundred bucks of food and bev on that table.

And maintain communal clothes bins.

Edited by NewDigs

I figured him to be the server 'til I saw the adidas logo. Didn't think to count meals. He appears to handle the selfie-stick like a pro. Thanks Jinnan tonnix for the due diligence!

I bet they have over a hundred bucks of food and bev on that table.

And maintain communal clothes bins.

Well 17 and 18 year old kids going out for burgers and sodas isn't really something I consider out of line financially. 

• Love 1

That's only valid IF Boob opens up his wallet and lets the moths fly out. I really wonder what kind of contract the kids not named Jill and Jessa got out of this new venture? Is Boob still acting as the agent on their behalf?

• Love 6

That's only valid IF Boob opens up his wallet and lets the moths fly out. I really wonder what kind of contract the kids not named Jill and Jessa got out of this new venture? Is Boob still acting as the agent on their behalf?

I really don't think JimBoob will EVER let us know what the truth is about where the money goes and how they all are paid.  Even the over 18s/adults.

I wonder if these are fans that they "let" buy them burger and sodas.  Who are those extra people?

Wait, that's Joseph in the back? Wow, that attractiveness window he had open sure closed down fast, now he looks like a mini-Boob. The dark-haired twin looks like he may be escaping the curse of the Duggar genes by the skin of his teeth but the rest of them boys really do go downhill fast once past puberty.

Wait, that's Joseph in the back? Wow, that attractiveness window he had open sure closed down fast, now he looks like a mini-Boob. The dark-haired twin looks like he may be escaping the curse of the Duggar genes by the skin of his teeth but the rest of them boys really do go downhill fast once past puberty.

There's a recent picture of Joe having a lunch 'date' with Jinger. Let's just say the bloom is off his rose.

There's a recent picture of Joe having a lunch 'date' with Jinger. Let's just say the bloom is off his rose.

Duggar Family Official

Lunch date with Joe!

34ql7iw.jpg

I'm hoping that's old. Joe has muscles now, and it gross to say your kids are on a date with each other, but even grosser since what happened.

• Love 1

Duggar Family Official

Lunch date with Joe!

34ql7iw.jpg

I'm hoping that's old. Joe has muscles now, and it gross to say your kids are on a date with each other, but even grosser since what happened.

As Josh Duggar once said, "Well, we are from Arkansas."

• Love 5

If it's a current pic, I'm going to jump on that speculation bus that he's going as a chaperone for Jinger and some new beau. Gotta keep ratings up and killing the supposed rebel's spirit will just that.

Meh, I use "date" interchangeably with "plans" so I won't harp on the caption.

• Love 4

Well 17 and 18 year old kids going out for burgers and sodas isn't really something I consider out of line financially.

Normally neither would I. But they appear to eat out rather frequently. The the trips for Starbucks and to that ice cream place and et al could really add up.

And I probably wouldn't have made that comment except I was fresh from a shared/communal undies convo. :-/

Their priorities seem all out of whack.

• Love 3

Normally neither would I. But they appear to eat out rather frequently. The the trips for Starbucks and to that ice cream place and et al could really add up.

And I probably wouldn't have made that comment except I was fresh from a shared/communal undies convo. :-/

Their priorities seem all out of whack.

True but I look at it as the one thing the kids get to do. They don't own their own clothes. They don't get to have friends. They don't get to date unchaperoned. They can't go shopping alone. So if they, meaning the kids, get to buy Starbucks or go out to eat then I'm ok with that. I don't think that the shared clothing thing has anything to do with money, at least not anymore. I think just another in a long line of things they do to be sure the kids have no individuality. So even if they never went out to dinner or for coffee they still wouldn't own their own clothes.

• Love 2

True but I look at it as the one thing the kids get to do. They don't own their own clothes. They don't get to have friends. They don't get to date unchaperoned. They can't go shopping alone. So if they, meaning the kids, get to buy Starbucks or go out to eat then I'm ok with that. I don't think that the shared clothing thing has anything to do with money, at least not anymore. I think just another in a long line of things they do to be sure the kids have no individuality. So even if they never went out to dinner or for coffee they still wouldn't own their own clothes.

Do they put this much calculated thought into it? It's either this or they just don't give a hoot and put no thought whatsoever into their children's clothing past buying used and saving the difference .

• Love 1

Do they put this much calculated thought into it? It's either this or they just don't give a hoot and put no thought whatsoever into their children's clothing past buying used and saving the difference .

They most certainly put that much thought into stifling the kids. Can't have one getting away, now can we?

• Love 5

The clothes thing, at least in my world, is the norm. Boxes of baby clothes passed from this friend to that relative. I grew up wearing hand-me-downs. My high school bestie and I didn't even know whose clothes were whose. My kids shared clothes. I've shared clothes with my kids. Co-workers give clothes to other co-workers, etc.

A big difference being that hand-me-downs weren't the only clothes - they were in additional clothes. 

But I imagine that to folks that are into fashion, having a bunch of sisters who wear similar size clothing would a great thing.

• Love 2

The clothes thing, at least in my world, is the norm. Boxes of baby clothes passed from this friend to that relative. I grew up wearing hand-me-downs. My high school bestie and I didn't even know whose clothes were whose. My kids shared clothes. I've shared clothes with my kids. Co-workers give clothes to other co-workers, etc.

A big difference being that hand-me-downs weren't the only clothes - they were in additional clothes. 

But I imagine that to folks that are into fashion, having a bunch of sisters who wear similar size clothing would a great thing.

I never meant to imply that hand-me-downs is a bad thing. I have three girls.  Believe me, there are a lot of hand-me-downs. But as you said, the hand-me-downs aren't the only clothes. That is one big difference. But to me the bigger difference is the communal closet. Everyone has to use the same closet so there is no possession of the clothing. Even with hand-me-downs, at least in my family, there is a time of going through the clothes and moving ownership from one child to the next so at any one point it belongs only to X child. If my girls want to wear something that is not theirs (they are all old enough to be similar in size now) then they have to ask. But at the Duggars, the kids don't get to own their own clothes. They are all in one closet and it belongs to everyone. 

• Love 9

Haven't seen the show, but it sounds like the lost girls are becoming official j'slaves. So they probably has Anna's kids, Spurgeon and Bin, and Izzy. When do the teen years begin? Isn't there some sort of belief that they pass right through childhood onto adulthood? I still thought they would have a few more years considering all the adults available in that house to take care of their own kids.

• Love 1

Haven't seen the show, but it sounds like the lost girls are becoming official j'slaves. So they probably has Anna's kids, Spurgeon and Bin, and Izzy. When do the teen years begin? Isn't there some sort of belief that they pass right through childhood onto adulthood? I still thought they would have a few more years considering all the adults available in that house to take care of their own kids.

Fundies don't believe in "teen years." You are supposed to be a net asset to your family by the time you're 12. Adolescence is a myth concocted by liberals about 100 years ago. Hence, Hannie getting training now that she's 10. It has nothing with what she wants; it's what the family believes.

• Love 7

10mtxdh.jpg

FFS Michelle, teach them (or pay someone to teach them) to cook, or even better, pay someone to educate them! There's pre-teens in the third world churning clothes out at a price that makes sewing skills borderline useless.

I notice that, unfortunately, in support of your argument you've just uttered a fact. As you know, in Duggarville, facts are the tools of the devil.

Although, come to think of it, given what lame shoppers the Duggars are, there may still be a need to sew modesty panels.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I see a boy who is desperately bored, but considering he's about to turn 12 and the poor diet at the TTH, I don't think he's desperate to learn anything, I think he's just hungry.  The appetite of a boy about to start a growth spurt is a wonder, but when the growth spurt is actually in progress it's terrifying.  It's got to be worse when the boy has been raised on cheap carb loaded food and looks at fresh fruits and vegetables with suspicion.  Throw in hot dogs and cheap hamburger for meat, instead of the more 'real' cuts of beef or chicken that hasn't been processed, and you have a boy that's constantly hungry and can't give his growing body the proper foods to really grow.

Not surprising, since every other aspect of their lives are addressed with quick and dirty fixes designed to keep the family on TV.  The physical, emotional, spiritual, and educational needs are ignored so the parents can bask in the unearned adoration of the ignorant leghumpers.

Plus the oncoming onslaught of adolescent hormones.