Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Something's Fishy

• Start Topic

Vicki revels in her family's return to Orange County. Meanwhile, Heather struggles to juggle work and life as she anticipates her book launch; Kelly and Vicki connect over shared anger; and a sushi party is spoiled when Kelly crosses a line.

On 8/12/2016 at 1:56 PM, Tara Ariano said:

Meanwhile, Heather struggles to juggle work and life as she anticipates her book launch

I had no idea Heather (and Hubby Famewhore) had a book coming out, written for the betterment of all of us. The impending tome:

https://www.amazon.com/Guinea-Present-Guide-Anti-Aging-Treatments/dp/1939457556/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471198315&sr=1-1&keywords=Heather+Dubrow

Interestingly, there's another Heather Dubrow with multiple books out. This is her bio from her Amazon author's page:

Heather Dubrow, John D. Boyd, SJ, Chair in the Poetic Imagination at Fordham University, is the author of six scholarly books, most recently The Challenges of Orpheus: Lyric Poetry and Early Modern England (Johns Hopkins, 2008). Her other publications include the Evans edition of As You Like It, a co-edited collection of essays, the essay on Twentieth-Century Shakespeare criticism in the second edition of The Riverside Shakespeare, and numerous articles on Shakespeare, lyric poetry, and pedagogy. A poet as well as a literary critic, Heather Dubrow has also published a collection of her own poetry, Forms and Hollows (Cherry Grove Collections, 2011) and two chapbooks of verse; she is director of the Poets Out Loud reading series. Her previous academic appointment include the University of Wisconsin-Madison (where she was Tighe-Evans Professor and also John Bascom Professor) and Carleton College.

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 2

Cannot wait to find out if this is Kelly's last hurrah. She has no place on this show.

ETA:. The media thread says she will be back.  Signed contract and all.  I am out after this season.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 19
Just now, bosawks said:

My takeaway from this is that Kelly is one blotchy, red-faced drunk and Heather can hand wave Vick every episode.

But more importantly I want some sushi.

I was thinking the same thing

• Love 12

I can't see Kelly coming back next season. She doesn't fit in with the other women, I'm not counting Vicki. Most of these women swear a lot but screaming see you next Tuesday  Is never cool. Heather crying about it though was overkill, she's usually tougher than that.

maybe the vagina steaming didn't calm her nerves enough.

I'll be surprised if Megan comes back next season, this whole fertility thing is so boring.

eta: I just read up thread Kelly will be back next season, I'm surprised, I might not watch this one anymore. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

Heather,  you won't win an Emmy with that performance.  Nice try though.  

Kelly is torching bridges. 

I want sushi too. 

LoL. I totally agree about Heather. If the scene in the cry with her "crying" was suppose to get casting agents interested in her again, I think she failed. She could have at least sprinkled some water on her face. I didn't see one tear.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I think I would be afraid to be in the same room with Kelly.  She's scary crazy.  Next week is the kiss of death for David and Shannon's marriage; aka vow renewal.

Ha ha! That was my first reaction!

1 hour ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

LoL. I totally agree about Heather. If the scene in the cry with her "crying" was suppose to get casting agents interested in her again, I think she failed. She could have at least sprinkled some water on her face. I didn't see one tear.

Or pulled a nosehair or dab something in her eyes or some Vik's vapor rub.

When did Tamra tell these things to Kelly? Did I nod off and miss it?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, Kelly is a combination of nasty/vulgar/aggressive Brandi, drunk/high/aggressive KimR and mean nasty Tamra all in 1 trashy person! They need to dump this person, fast and throw Vicki out with her.

I'm not going to say I like Kelly because she has been pretty awful in her short time on the show, but she does bring the entertainment factor. Without her, we would get endless scenes of Meghan talking about or getting IVF shots, Tamra talking about her fitness competition, Vicki talking about how "love tank" being empty (Yuck), Heather complaining about Terry working too much. None of what the other ladies are doing, thus far, makes for exciting TV.

• Love 12

I think Heather was as shocked as we were but she was there in person! I don't think Heather is use to anyone talking like Kelly did, even at her worst, Tamra never went that low!

I don't think Heather ever expected any HW on the OC show to be that low class. Kelly makes Tamra look like a soft spoken, generous human being! 

I think Tamras' plot to get Gretchen "naked wasted" and the way she treated Alexis was worst than anything Kelly has done at this point, IMO.

• Love 22

Kelly needs to lay off the alcohol.  She seems like she has anger issues generally and then just no self control once she's been drinking.  The way her face got so red but the area around her eyes just got all white, like a reverse raccoon, freaked me the eff out.

Heather was probably more upset in the car that Kelly had ignored her edict to leave rather than what happened before that.  And I say that as a (usually) Heather fan.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Remember Heather is botoxed to the max in her face but she really seemed freaked like she was processing too many emotions at once and couldn't get control of her normal calm demeanor.

I think Tamra/Vicki are the trashiest people Heather has had to deal with until Kelly and Kelly makes them look normal in comparison!

• Love 22

I think the whole crying jag from Heather was all an act. There have been many , many other screaming freak outs and swearfests from the other women in the past *Shannon* and Heather never broke into a weepy mess.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

Kelly needs to lay off the alcohol.  She seems like she has anger issues generally and then just no self control once she's been drinking.  The way her face got so red but the area around her eyes just got all white, like a reverse raccoon, freaked me the eff out.

She has acknowledged that she has anger issues, and I think those issues are magnified by 10 when she's been drinking. I don't want to call her an alcoholic because I don't know her personally and only have an opinion on her based on what is shown on camera, but she and alcohol definitely do not agree with each other.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

And seriously,  what happened to HER...she want even being attacked... lmao

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

When did Tamra tell these things to Kelly? Did I nod off and miss it?

They showed it in a flash back when Shannon called Tamra on the phone about the text Kelly sent her about Nina.

3 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I think Tamras' plot to get Gretchen "naked wasted" and the way she treated Alexis was worst than anything Kelly has done at this point, IMO.

Heather wasn't on the show when Tamra did that to Gretchen and I don't think telling Alexis to act normal was all that wrong.

3 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I don't think Kelly was drunk at the restaurant, she was able to apologize to Tamra/Heather coherently.

• Love 2

I think Tamra/Vicki are the trashiest people Heather has had to deal with until Kelly and Kelly makes them look normal in comparison!

Kelly makes the unfortunate homeless person who stands at a prominent intersection in my town and yells obscenities at passing motorists look good in comparison.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree. Tamra conspired to get Gretchen "naked wasted" and Vicki conspired to help her loser boyfriend pull off a cancer scheme. Kelly says vulgar things, but as far as I know, she hasn't conspired to make another cast member look bad nor has she lied about something as serious as cancer.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

And seriously,  what happened to HER...she want even being attacked... lmao

I think she was trying to make that scene about her and show off her "acting" skills. Kelly's behavior was awful, but it's not something that should have caused a grown woman to burst into tears, especially given the fact that Heather is friends with Tamra who has exhibited some very disturbing behavior towards her fellow cast mates over the years.

• Love 15

Wow!  I only watch these shows for the manufactured drama but Kelly's display made even me blush a little.  One C U Next Tuesday is usually more than enough, lol.  

Heather's crying did seem a little over the top considering this wasn't her first time at the rodeo.  It made me wonder if Kelly's behavior triggered something or someone from her past that she never fully dealt with.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I disagree. Tamra conspired to get Gretchen "naked wasted" and Vicki conspired to help her loser boyfriend pull off a cancer scheme. Kelly says vulgar things, but as far as I know, she hasn't conspired to make another cast member look bad nor has she lied about something as serious as cancer.

Heather wasn't on the show when Tamra went after Gretchen/naked wasted and Heather did call out Vicki both last season and this season about the cancer scam. And Heather has never heard any of the HWs, including Tamra, call her or the others names like Kelly just did.

Kelly went from 0 to 100 in 0.01 seconds flat and was nasty to several of Heathers friends in a small confined space.

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I can't see Kelly coming back next season. She doesn't fit in with the other women, I'm not counting Vicki. Most of these women swear a lot but screaming see you next Tuesday  Is never cool. Heather crying about it though was overkill, she's usually tougher than that.

maybe the vagina steaming didn't calm her nerves enough.

I'll be surprised if Megan comes back next season, this whole fertility thing is so boring.

eta: I just read up thread Kelly will be back next season, I'm surprised, I might not watch this one anymore. 

I can totally see Kelly coming back. Love her or hate her, she brings the drama.  As far as Meghan returning? I don't know. She's not bringing the drama this season like she did last year. Children are always a blessing, but they don't make for Must-See-TV. So unless she can find a story next season that doesn't revolve around motherhood, I don't see her being on the show for much longer.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Ever have a day where you are just mentally exhausted and can't take any more nonsense?

Sure, but I wouldn't burst into tears (or pretend to since I didn't see any actual tears on Heather's face) over someone else's behavior. Heather should have just left rather than chastising Kelly and the other girls about their behavior.

9 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Wow!  I only watch these shows for the manufactured drama but Kelly's display made even me blush a little.  One C U Next Tuesday is usually more than enough, lol.  

Heather's crying did seem a little over the top considering this wasn't her first time at the rodeo.  It made me wonder if Kelly's behavior triggered something or someone from her past that she never fully dealt with.  

I definitely think Kelly has some past or present issues that have gone unresolved. Tamra made a good point tonight when she said that when she was married to Simon, she took her anger out at him on other people. Kelly may very well be doing the same thing.

• Love 5

Kelly comes across as legit crazy/bad to me - not "wacky."  She is really distasteful. Not sure I can stomach another season if she's in it. Surely there are more interesting women in the OC.

7 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Ha! I caught that also, is drunken English her second language?

And then insisting 20 times over that she's educated and a multi-millionaire. My 14 year old son (who happened to be in the room) said "Wait a minute. Did she just say notrocious? She's so dumb."  I told him I know and the worst part is she has way more money than we'll ever have. lol  

• Love 21