Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Something's Fishy

• Start Topic

On 8/15/2016 at 9:04 PM, Sarcastica said:

They need to return Kelly to whatever dumpster they found her in. She is just vile. 

I have to admit, I laughed at Heather crying on the phone to Terry. What a mess. 

OMG - Heather fake-crying was by far THE WORST PIECE OF PSEUDO-ACTING that I have ever seen on my TV bar none.  Seriously.  My elderly mother (who has had zero emotion(s) her entire life) busted out with her version of the "Heather Cry" for the first time a few weeks ago and my entire family burst out laughing.  It was super bizarre.  Family laughed and my mom magically stopped trying to gauge her eyes out in order to emit a tear.

• Love 7
On August 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM, breezy424 said:

And yeah, I'm gonna go here.  I don't get why some people feel the need to make negative comments about a three year old's physical looks.  From what I've seen this season, I've found this little boy and his little brother to be very cute and totally enjoyable.  The rest of their family?  That's a different story.

I could not agree more.  I am critical, snarky, and sarcastic.  But I draw the line at judging a three year old's looks.  Yikes!  I especially hate the thought that this kid is receiving the hate deflected off his grandmother.  If this were LVP's grandson, people would more likely be praising his physical beauty.   And I'm pretty darn sure a child of Pandy's is unlikely to outshine poor little Troy.  Give the kid a break.  He's three!

• Love 23

I'm not sure I believe the doctor was "everything" - MD, chiropractor, Oriental medicine, etc.  Primarily because I don't believe there's a medical doctor in this country who wants to connect himself to chiropractic medicine.  And I probably would have responded to his tortured metaphors like Meghan - It's weird.  I don't get it. 

What's with the vaginal steaming?   As if that area isn't warm and moist enough.  Seems like a recruitment ground for a raging yeast colony. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm not sure I believe the doctor was "everything" - MD, chiropractor, Oriental medicine, etc.  Primarily because I don't believe there's a medical doctor in this country who wants to connect himself to chiropractic medicine.  And I probably would have responded to his tortured metaphors like Meghan - It's weird.  I don't get it. 

What's with the vaginal steaming?   As if that area isn't warm and moist enough.  Seems like a recruitment ground for a raging yeast colony. 

According to his LinkedIn he got his MD UC Irvine.

• Love 4

I noticed that during the dinner, Kelly suggested they get the "psychic" she "saw on some TV show" to "read them", followed by clips from last season. Yeah, Kelly has never watched this show before...

Is it safe to assume that everyone at the table heard what Kelly was telling Meghan before she went ape-shit?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Donn who had a girlfriend throughout his marriage to Vicki, Donn who called Vicki a c*nt on TV, Donn who could not really stay gainfully employed, Donn who got fired for sexual harassment. Donn who frequents sex clubs where he has sex in front of others, Donn who faked a renewal ceremony where the first account was the conch lit their love life up and the second account was they went to bed in their pajamas and nothing?  Donn who Michael and Briana said they had no relationship with the first season?  Briana is somewhat entitled-to think her mom should settle for a cheating cad like Donn because it makes her life easier.  Donn being better than Brooks in Briana's eyes does not make him a good boyfriend for Vicki.   Let's see when Vicki was in deep sh!t after last season she tried to fake Donn joining the family for Thanksgiving.  Vicki has a new boyfriend until Briana decides she doesn't like him.  Sorry I just don't think Donn is all that great of a guy.

Same here. I never forgot the way he berated Vicky at Lake Havasu. It was demeaning and showed a mean streak, imo.

His only redeeming quality was that he was handy around the house, imo.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Oh, it absolutely was classist. The underlying implication in her barb was that it's assumed that everyone in her social circle is college educated.

I come from an immigrant background and it's one of those groups that is typically high achieving educationally and professionally. One of the guys I grew up with (who has the same background) is now a very well respected millionaire musician. But if you ask his mother how he's doing, she will give you this sad response that he might be going back to school for an MBA or a PhD. He is not doing that, but his mom is a little embarrassed because she's the only one of her friends whose child doesn't have at least a masters degree. It's ridiculous, but in some groups it means a whole hell of a lot.

I like Shannon, but she knew exactly what she was doing with that remark. Shannon was marking her territory and marking Kelly as someone who didn't belong. "Why would you mention a college degree? It's assumed you have that. Everyone has at least one of those." It was said in this tone of incredulity as if Kelly just announced that she's potty trained. The irony is that across the entire Real Housewives franchises, there are a decent amount of associate degrees, really aren't a ton of bachelors degrees, and precious few professional or graduate degrees. Frankly, the real housewives are the company Shannon keeps and there aren't too many of them who can list a bachelors degree on their résumés.

It was also a comeback from the University of Spoiled children which Shannon can't let go.

In part, because she knows it is true. 

Both Shannon and Heather are snobby, but Heather had/has a career.

It has been eluded that Shannon had a career prior to having her family and I think it would be great to touch on what exactly she was doing as she comes across as a spoiled, space cadety woman.

And I think that it is a lack of character development there. There is more to Shannon that is what is shown, underneath it all she is smart, imo.

As far as Kelly, she knows who she is dealing with, imo.

She may have anger issues( to say the least) but it is obvious to me that she has been dragged before regarding her background.

She not only mentioned college but she also said that she went to Catholic school and that she was a good person. 

Orange County is well known to be very conservative and not particularly open to immigrants. And she also grew up in Arizona home of Jan Brewer and the like...

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

How can you spend 50k on a house remodel when you are sick, your husband is still living OoT, you have two kids to be cared for and probably aren't working?

Easy. Courtesy of Bravo.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I wonder, if Kelly has seen the episode where Vicki was speaking to the Latino laborers in her house about not scratching the wood, or whatever she said to them in a horribly racist way, how would Kelly feel about Vicki then?  

She would love her more, going by her racist rant on TMZ.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

All of this is according to whom?  I read Radaronline's story about Freedom Acres and it quotes an "anonymous source."  Yeah....I still tend to like Donn.

Vicki and Briana have confirmed Donn had a girlfriend throughout the marriage, Donn is on tape calling Vicki the C-word, the show started with Donn being unemployed, the divorce documents and the fact Donn wanted lifetime spousal support, Donn no longer works and is "retired" before the age of 60.  Throwing out the Freedom Acres component does not negate that Donn was a heel in many aspects of a marriage.  I guess what he has goinjg for him is he was not as big a heel as Brooks.

Everyone can like Donn, and he is not perfect.  I find it strange with his history of infidelity, joblessness that Briana would be pushing a Donn.  The fact that Vicki claims Donn won't really speak to her doesn't seem to register with Briana. I would not think Vicki is going to land a nice guy given her personality and track recod with infidelity, and Brooks, but as a daughter I would hope for better for my mom than a Donn.  I don't care for Vicki but I do think she handled it well especially in front of the little guy.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Oh, it absolutely was classist. The underlying implication in her barb was that it's assumed that everyone in her social circle is college educated.

I come from an immigrant background and it's one of those groups that is typically high achieving educationally and professionally. One of the guys I grew up with (who has the same background) is now a very well respected millionaire musician. But if you ask his mother how he's doing, she will give you this sad response that he might be going back to school for an MBA or a PhD. He is not doing that, but his mom is a little embarrassed because she's the only one of her friends whose child doesn't have at least a masters degree. It's ridiculous, but in some groups it means a whole hell of a lot.

I like Shannon, but she knew exactly what she was doing with that remark. Shannon was marking her territory and marking Kelly as someone who didn't belong. "Why would you mention a college degree? It's assumed you have that. Everyone has at least one of those." It was said in this tone of incredulity as if Kelly just announced that she's potty trained. The irony is that across the entire Real Housewives franchises, there are a decent amount of associate degrees, really aren't a ton of bachelors degrees, and precious few professional or graduate degrees. Frankly, the real housewives are the company Shannon keeps and there aren't too many of them who can list a bachelors degree on their résumés.

Is it possible Shannon mentioned the "college educated" comment because neither Tamra or Vicki did not go to college?  So Kelly was putting herself above those without college educations?  The way Kelly said it, I could nor decide if she thought college educated people could not be prostitutes or non-college educated people were left with prostitution as their only option.

• Love 12

Once upon a time, our department had a manager that I christened "Tuesday."  (as in "see-you-next-" but I just went with Tuesday.) My coworkers enjoyed that nickname immensely

It would've been my pleasure to share my opinion to her face but unfortunately, you gotta eat.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

All of this is according to whom?  I read Radaronline's story about Freedom Acres and it quotes an "anonymous source."  Yeah....I still tend to like Donn.

EXACTLY!!! Don't believe the hype, I'm sure "Vicktim" was the "source". Duh!!! I'm pretty sure that Brianna wouldn't care about him or keep him in her life if he was so awful! He was the one treated like shit on the show!!! 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

How can you spend 50k on a house remodel when you are sick, your husband is still living OoT, you have two kids to be cared for and probably aren't working?

I believe she said it was from their savings(the remodeling money.)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Yolo said:

EXACTLY!!! Don't believe the hype, I'm sure "Vicktim" was the "source". Duh!!! I'm pretty sure that Brianna wouldn't care about him or keep him in her life if he was so awful! He was the one treated like shit on the show!!! 

Well Briana admitted she knew about Donn's girlfriend during the time Donn was in the household.  Her hatred for Brooks seemed to take the place of common sense that Donnhaving a girlfriend hurt her mother.  It goes to Briana and the standards she sets for her mother.  Much like her mother, she has rather low standards.  It feels like it would be convenient for Briana if Donn were under the same roof.  I never really saw Donn get treated poorly. . .he seemed removed and dismissive of the others.  

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Well Briana admitted she knew about Donn's girlfriend during the time Donn was in the household.  Her hatred for Brooks seemed to take the place of common sense that Donnhaving a girlfriend hurt her mother.  It goes to Briana and the standards she sets for her mother.  Much like her mother, she has rather low standards.  It feels like it would be convenient for Briana if Donn were under the same roof.  I never really saw Donn get treated poorly. . .he seemed removed and dismissive of the others.  

Maybe Briana finally realized that both Vicki and Donn cheated on each other, after all, wasn't it rumored that Vicki cheated with Donn when she was still married to Briana's/Michael's father? I think the rumors of Brooks getting physical with Vicki are true, which would add to Briana's hatred of him and I don't remember if Vicki or anyone else ever claimed Donn got physical with her, so that may be a part in Briana's mind set. It's a "The devil you know" scenario IMO.

I do think Vicki treated Donn badly. She was always cutting him down, making snide comments about him not only to his face but behind his back which got worse/more frequent as the years went on, he just could never do anything right in her eyes. Of course we now know that Vicki was already involved with Brooks before the fake vow renewal Vicki pulled and I suspect it was because she had been cheating on him for years, much longer than she wants us to know about. The only source that Donn had a "long term mistress" was Vicki and I don't trust her on anything, let alone that little nugget because she failed to mention her "side pieces" when she made that accusation. LOL

• Love 19
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Donn who had a girlfriend throughout his marriage to Vicki, Donn who called Vicki a c*nt on TV, Donn who could not really stay gainfully employed, Donn who got fired for sexual harassment. Donn who frequents sex clubs where he has sex in front of others, Donn who faked a renewal ceremony where the first account was the conch lit their love life up and the second account was they went to bed in their pajamas and nothing?  Donn who Michael and Briana said they had no relationship with the first season?  Briana is somewhat entitled-to think her mom should settle for a cheating cad like Donn because it makes her life easier.  Donn being better than Brooks in Briana's eyes does not make him a good boyfriend for Vicki.   Let's see when Vicki was in deep sh!t after last season she tried to fake Donn joining the family for Thanksgiving.  Vicki has a new boyfriend until Briana decides she doesn't like him.  Sorry I just don't think Donn is all that great of a guy.

Thank you! I also think Donn had a little drinking/anger problem of his own. At least what we saw on camera. Of course, being married to Vicki would bring out the worst in anybody, but still...

• Love 1

Congratulations Kelly you are now the most despised person on a housewife show. Just awful. And that tomato red face as she's screaming at people! Good Lord. I could just see the producers (like on Unreal) clapping each other on the back over the ratings!!!!

WTF with the bedazzled wine opener? I think her entire house is tacky. 

Tamara makes sense.....Cue the twilight zone music.

Shannons a nut but she's harmless.

Brianna can go back to OK. 

I'm no prude and I do swear like a sailor but if someone started screaming you're a cu** at a dinner I'd pull a Heather and tell them to get out to. Nobody has to listen to that. 

• Love 14

Some words to some people are highly offensive, hateful and hurtful.  If an African American said to me that the "N" word doesn't bother them, do you think I would go around and start using it?  Hell no.  It's a disgusting word.  Same as the "C" word to most women.  Some may say comparing the two words is apples and oranges.  Not really.  Both words are meant to hurt.  A certain word may not bother some people but most people find these certain words offensive.  It's not just these two words I mentioned.  There are plenty of others out there that should just never be used. (calling a gay person the "f" word, just another example).    I'm just saying that because a certain person doesn't find a word offensive doesn't give them free rein to go around calling people by these names because most people do find it offensive and you have to be a cold ass, dumb ass individual to not realize that, college educated or not.  You are not only insulting and hurting the person the word is directed to but everyone else around within hearing distance.  I can understand why Heather got so upset.

Edited by Sai
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Sai said:

Some words to some people are highly offensive, hateful and hurtful.  If an African American said to me that the "N" word doesn't bother them, do you think I would go around and start using it?  Hell no.  It's a disgusting word.  Same as the "C" word to most women.  Some may say comparing the two words is apples and oranges.  Not really.  Both words are meant to hurt.  A certain word may not bother some people but most people find these certain words offensive.  It's not just these two words I mentioned.  There are plenty of others out there that should just never be used. (calling a gay person the "f" word, just another example).    I'm just saying that because a certain person doesn't find a word offensive doesn't give them free reign to go around calling people by these names because most people do find it offensive and you have to be a cold ass, dumb ass individual to not realize that, college educated or not.  You are not only insulting and hurting the person the word is directed to but everyone else around within hearing distance.  I can understand why Heather got so upset.

IMO, the intent of how the word is used is as important as the word itself, if not more so. Kelly did not call Shannon a "C" as a joke or a compliment like some use the "B" word. It was said as an insult, a way to degrade and humiliate her in the groups collective eye (as well as ours), it was unacceptable no matter if you use that word yourself or not. The "intent" is often more important than the word used IMO.  

• Love 13
10 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Unpopular opinion crash landing in 3, 2, 1 . . . I'm a little mystified by the pearl-clutching over Kelly's language and the suggestions that the diction she chooses and/or her verbal aggression inherently translate into a propensity for violence.

Are you talking about pearl clutching on the show, or here on the forums?  Because the only person I've seen, thus far, who could remotely be described as such is Heather. 

As for labeling her volatile and saying that she has a "propensity for violence" - it's got so much more to do with her track record (arrests, restraining orders) than it does with her diction and yelling.  But, yeah, screaming like a deranged harpy sure isn't helping her cause.

I sure can't stand Kelly and wouldn't shed a tear if she is gone after this season.  I'm still not quite ready to name her my "most hated housewife" just yet.  Carlton and Aviva are still tied for that prestigious title at the moment. But Kelly, you are inching your way up into the top tier, that is for damn sure.   

• Love 11
15 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:
6 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Congratulations Kelly you are now the most despised person on a housewife show. Just awful. And that tomato red face as she's screaming at people! Good Lord. I could just see the producers (like on Unreal) clapping each other on the back over the ratings!!!!

WTF with the bedazzled wine opener? I think her entire house is tacky. 

Tamara makes sense.....Cue the twilight zone music.

Shannons a nut but she's harmless.

Brianna can go back to OK. 

I'm no prude and I do swear like a sailor but if someone started screaming you're a cu** at a dinner I'd pull a Heather and tell them to get out to. Nobody has to listen to that. 

Well said! Well said! Take your mother with you Brianna when you go! Lol

Edited by Yolo
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, kdl88 said:

When I saw previews and saw Kelly's red face, I thought she had had a chemical peel before the dinner. 

I thought so too !!! 

In regards to Heather's fake crying jag phone call to Terry:  I honestly thought she was giggling at first.   For a few seconds, I imagined she was calling Terry to share how absurd these women are and to have a good chuckle.      Now THAT would have been a cool bitch ass move.  But... uh... no. 

Just now, jnymph said:

I thought so too !!! 

In regards to Heather's fake crying jag phone call to Terry:  I honestly thought she was giggling at first.   For a few seconds, I imagined she was calling Terry to share how absurd these women are and to have a good chuckle.      Now THAT would have been a very cool move.  But... uh... no. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Again, did I understand correctly that Brisnna is investing 50k of her $$$ in a house that Vicki owns? How does that work exactly !? 

Brianna has to buy the house from Vicky once her house in OK sells, so eventually Brianna will own it anyway.  Vicky didn't actually buy her a house, much like she didn't buy her a Mercedes.  Vicky just likes to say self-aggrandizing shit.

52 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Are you talking about pearl clutching on the show, or here on the forums?  Because the only person I've seen, thus far, who could remotely be described as such is Heather. 

As for labeling her volatile and saying that she has a "propensity for violence" - it's got so much more to do with her track record (arrests, restraining orders) than it does with her diction and yelling.  But, yeah, screaming like a deranged harpy sure isn't helping her cause.

I sure can't stand Kelly and wouldn't shed a tear if she is gone after this season.  I'm still not quite ready to name her my "most hated housewife" just yet.  Carlton and Aviva are still tied for that prestigious title at the moment. But Kelly, you are inching your way up into the top tier, that is for damn sure.   

Fuck.  I forgot about Carlton.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Roxy said:

Kelly is the worst Bravo-lebrity ever. She makes the Guidices look classy. She makes Kim Richards look sane. She makes everyone look good. She is just mean and crazy and bad looking and unpleasant and I can't think of any more bad things to say about her. The scene where she was mimicking Heather was so uncomfortable to watch. Vickie wanted to laugh but tried not to as she knew she was on camera and she'd look bad. Tamra is trying to be holy...or whatever. It was all so NOT fun. I've seen flipped tables and children being subjected to violent outbursts and girl fights and sisters spewing family hatred but this chick is worse than that.  It's not just shocking. It's horrible and NOT fun. I'd rather watch Aviva throw her damn leg a thousand times than watch this broad.

I think she's certifiable and I'm scared of her. That isn't my idea of fun. She's a complete psycho and once they dump her, everyone needs to get restraining orders. I wouldn't want her to know where I live.

Heather's crying was ridiculous but, although I like her, she's often ridiculous. I think she's scared if she's stuck with this low rent bitch, she'll never get out of Jerry Springer-land. She doesn't want to be associated with 'that kind' of reality TV.  I think Shannon was snarky as hell but I liked it. She's a snot, but, hey, Kelly is mean, so she deserves it. 

I am now Team Shannon when I was not before. She can look that crazy bitch in her crazy face and take it. You go, Shannon, but be careful. Kelly will cut a bitch...and I mean that literally. 

My guess is the camera folks/producers like the Guidices and Kim better than Kelly (no idea why, can't stand any of them).  If they showed us what these twits are really like I suspect they all equally suck.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I'm going to be in the minority here, but I'm joining Team Heather along with Team Shannon.  While Heather has definitely become more precocious as the seasons have come and gone, she isn't a pot-stirrer.  She happily (and haughtily) keeps herself busy with her own affairs.  While she listens to gossip, she doesn't idly throw around insults to others behind their backs.  She is one of the few who will confront directly rather than throwing a grenade in a group of girls then acting surprised when it goes off.  She is usually the one who is looking for real evidence or corroboration before she believes what she hears and she generally tries to remain positive.  When she goes for the jugular, it  seems to be a planned group where she expects there to be fur flying like the reunion episodes (When you're dead, lie down).  Events like this, Heather comes in with a huge smile and, yes, she is very good at talking about herself, but I feel that is better than the venomous sniping, backstabbing, and duplicity the other women show.  Shame on Tamara for not doing what Heather did.  Tamara should have thrown Kelly out.  Even if the person being insulted in such a vulgar and crass manner was not a close friend, I could not allow that to happen at a party that I was responsible for.  She needed to be shut down or turned out.  If throwing her out wasn't a first impulse, Tamara (or Vicki -- or even Meghan) should have pulled her into the bathroom, slapped her across the face and threw some ice water to snap her out of it, and told her to go back and apologize for being disgusting.   Tonight's tears were.... uncomfortable (and unfortunate), but I'm not sure they were completely manufactured.  I'm an angry crier -- and I think that's what she was doing.  Because she wasn't a pretty crier - it was the ugly face contorting variety that I think was based in some genuine emotion.  

Kelly, quite simply, is a psychotic, angry, nasty drunk.  And the other women then allow Kelly to make fun of Heather when she leaves? Tamara & Vicki: I have news for you.  That's not Christian.  Kelly: If you were worried about what your daughters would think when they see this, perhaps you need to put down the cocktails and rethink how you are behaving.  

Shannon really impressed me by remaining quiet and above the fray.  And good for her for calling out Tamara for playing both sides of the fence.  

I am joining you on your team.  They are the only ones that don't make me slappy.  They have money, just enough dysfunction to be normal/interesting, can be snotty but not outright mean, and actually don't NEED this show to pay their bills.  I am a nobody but I would NOT want to be considered an associate of Kelly OR Vicki.  

There is a nice serene place with padded rooms beckoning both Kelly and Vicki.  If you play nice you don't have to wear that white coat with handy straps.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Maybe Briana finally realized that both Vicki and Donn cheated on each other, after all, wasn't it rumored that Vicki cheated with Donn when she was still married to Briana's/Michael's father? I think the rumors of Brooks getting physical with Vicki are true, which would add to Briana's hatred of him and I don't remember if Vicki or anyone else ever claimed Donn got physical with her, so that may be a part in Briana's mind set. It's a "The devil you know" scenario IMO.

I do think Vicki treated Donn badly. She was always cutting him down, making snide comments about him not only to his face but behind his back which got worse/more frequent as the years went on, he just could never do anything right in her eyes. Of course we now know that Vicki was already involved with Brooks before the fake vow renewal Vicki pulled and I suspect it was because she had been cheating on him for years, much longer than she wants us to know about. The only source that Donn had a "long term mistress" was Vicki and I don't trust her on anything, let alone that little nugget because she failed to mention her "side pieces" when she made that accusation. LOL

You're right, Vicki didn't just cheat with Donn when she was married to Brianna and Michael's father, she cheated ON Donn while they were married - with Brooks.  Neither Vicki nor Donn were faithful to each other.  I think Brianna loves Donn because he was a father to her, raised her, etc.  And, she knows what went on in her mom's marriage and knows the fault doesn't lie with just one person.  IDK, but maybe she is like many children of divorced parents who simply want their parents back together.   That aside, do we have to see Brianna on every single episode.  I get it, she signed a contract with Bravo, but whyyyyyy? 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Unpopular opinion crash landing in 3, 2, 1 . . . I'm a little mystified by the pearl-clutching over Kelly's language and the suggestions that the diction she chooses and/or her verbal aggression inherently translate into a propensity for violence.

Over the course of a quick succession of rage blackouts - one of which occurred while blackout drunk - she managed to exert more physical restraint over her conduct than, among others, Carole Radziwill (see: that time the Princess grabbed Aviva's face while a guest in the Drescher home).

As the references to Vicki's repeated efforts to use her comparably larger stature to bully others indicate, bodily intimidation has transpired in way more overt and reprehensible fashions than anything that Kelly has heretofore done. In addition to Vicks, the first example of this that comes to mind is when Tamra assaulted Shannon over and over by seizing her arms, face, and hands at the Rovsek beach house while Heather watched and then both proceeded to behave as if *Shannon* was nuts.

As for the gasps over Kelly's eloquence and the idea that *this* is finally the straw that's going to break the camel's back in terms of viewership, I got to say: huh? The franchise at large literally boasts a body count (Russell Armstrong). It's showcased one its lodestars (Tams) orchestrating and executing sexual battery on a cast mate with her son playing point guard. There's been overt homophobia ("queens"), consistent racism (imitating Latino accents; "chinky chinky chinaman"); etc.

Personally, I find Bethenny's lunatic screams of "whore" and "slut" at LuAnn way more egregious than Kelly's outburst because Bethenny was specifically trying to humiliate and shame LuAnn as a woman rather than crazily using epithets as synonyms for "asshole."

I don't find Kelly watchable or interesting. She's crass, uncouth, and hasn't established herself to be very bright. I don't think she's a particularly good fit for the cast.

But on the scale of relative morality and vulgarity? She's, if anything, a throwback to the early days of the show with personalities like the Curtins, Tammy Knickerbocker's daughters, etc.

It wasn't the words she used cause if I am going to be honest I have colorful language myself.  It was the intensity and look in her eye.  She lost her fucking mind.  How she rallied after was equally alarming.  She is a bucket of crazy.  And looking at her history she has had AT LEAST 2 restraining orders on her.  And knowing what was reported about her harassment of the ex wife of her ex fiance she is just foul and has some very scary issues.

Vicki also knows no boundaries.  I want her fired for physically intimidating the crew member (whether or not he was intimidated is not the issue).  Had a man done that to a female crew member he would have been out of there.  

Bethenny also lost it but it didn't leave people looking to make sure there weren't any knives laying around in arms reach.  Plus she doesn't have a well documented history of batshit craziness with the PD and courts.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Brianna has to buy the house from Vicky once her house in OK sells, so eventually Brianna will own it anyway.  Vicky didn't actually buy her a house, much like she didn't buy her a Mercedes.  Vicky just likes to say self-aggrandizing shit.

Fuck.  I forgot about Carlton.

Kelly actually reminds me of Carlton in the way she's come in and immediately alienated most of the cast and is just an overall bad fit too. The way they are different is I think Andy's pretty much confirmed Carlton got a bad deal. She was given a storyline by tptb that she embraced but it didn't play well with the cast nor the viewers. Kelly seems to have real anger issues that as mentioned here before are probably scary for the cast and uncomfortable for the viewer.

I probably wouldn't have thought about this but after Tre Giudice's fish story I have to also point out the episode title, "Something Fishy" because I really think we're being punked. So not funny because the fish thing bothers me more than the "Tuesday" thing...

• Love 6
On 8/16/2016 at 8:29 AM, Ubiquitous said:

I'm willing to give Tamra a chance at being a good Xian, but someone needs to tell her it's not very Xianlike to tattle about what others say for the sake of being honest.

Yeah, I wanted to ask the now holier than thou Mrs. Judge just what the Bible had to say about gossiping and bearing false witness.  I'm sure it's mentioned in there somewhere.....

• Love 7

I was really hoping Vicky would stay locked in the elevator for the rest of the season. I cannot stand the woman, ditto Kelly.

My opinion on the Heather outburst, I think she really was just completely over it. Maybe she had a long day and was looking forward to dinner and then Kelly went off and she just hit her limit. Asking her to leave didn't bother me (Tamra really should have done that), I think she mainly did that because she has only met Kelly 3 or 4 times and has known the other women for years. Kelly is still somewhat of an outsider to her and she was the only acting a fool. With Kelly gone, maybe the dinner could have been saved and the night could have gone a little better (though Vicky was there, ugh). Kelly refused to leave and Heather was DONE imo.

My mouth dropped when Vicky mentioned "if I had slapped David, he would slap me back". If you had actually done that, you would be charged with assault, Vicky!!! I just can't with her.

Meghan's was acting like a child during her phone call with Tamra. I did laugh when Tams pantomimed shooting herself in the head.

• Love 9

I totally support Heather's outburst.  Good lord, it was refreshing.  It made me like her more!  

Kelly is nuts, and now she's going to have her crappy behavior supported/ enabled by s-stirring reality producers.  I don't think she feels bad about how she's coming across, she's just thrilled to be famous(ish) for being a housewife.  

• Love 16
11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I could not agree more.  I am critical, snarky, and sarcastic.  But I draw the line at judging a three year old's looks.  Yikes!  I especially hate the thought that this kid is receiving the hate deflected off his grandmother.  If this were LVP's grandson, people would more likely be praising his physical beauty.   And I'm pretty darn sure a child of Pandy's is unlikely to outshine poor little Troy.  Give the kid a break.  He's three!

This.

I'm all for snarking on Nana Vicky, her son-in-law...other random adults. But the kiddos? No. Leave them alone. 

Edited by Sarcastica
  • Love 10

I would totally have done exactly what Heather did (minus the fake crying). Shit has just gotten crazy and Kelly yelling the C-word at people over dinner would have put me over the edge. I liked that she walked out and said enough. 

Also, with the big sushi fight we haven't talked much about the discussion between Tamra, Meghan and Shannon at the gym. First of all Meghan not admitting she said it was okay to invite Vicki and all that confusion was weird. But then I find it interesting that Tamra jumped on Shannon after Shannon brought up how they were all letting Vicky back in. Very intriguing dynamic. 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I probably wouldn't have thought about this but after Tre Giudice's fish story I have to also point out the episode title, "Something Fishy" because I really think we're being punked. So not funny because the fish thing bothers me more than the "Tuesday" thing...

You're totally right.  I assumed it was referring to the sushi dinner because Vicky and her preschool palate said it during dinner and I didn't think that hard about it, but now that you mention it...  

They should have just named the episode "A dumbfuck and a c*** walk into a bar..." and been done with it.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I am joining you on your team.  They are the only ones that don't make me slappy.  They have money, just enough dysfunction to be normal/interesting, can be snotty but not outright mean, and actually don't NEED this show to pay their bills.  I am a nobody but I would NOT want to be considered an associate of Kelly OR Vicki.  

There is a nice serene place with padded rooms beckoning both Kelly and Vicki.  If you play nice you don't have to wear that white coat with handy straps.

17 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I'm going to be in the minority here, but I'm joining Team Heather along with Team Shannon.  While Heather has definitely become more precocious as the seasons have come and gone, she isn't a pot-stirrer.  She happily (and haughtily) keeps herself busy with her own affairs.  While she listens to gossip, she doesn't idly throw around insults to others behind their backs.  She is one of the few who will confront directly rather than throwing a grenade in a group of girls then acting surprised when it goes off.  She is usually the one who is looking for real evidence or corroboration before she believes what she hears and she generally tries to remain positive.  When she goes for the jugular, it  seems to be a planned group where she expects there to be fur flying like the reunion episodes (When you're dead, lie down).  Events like this, Heather comes in with a huge smile and, yes, she is very good at talking about herself, but I feel that is better than the venomous sniping, backstabbing, and duplicity the other women show.  Shame on Tamara for not doing what Heather did.  Tamara should have thrown Kelly out.  Even if the person being insulted in such a vulgar and crass manner was not a close friend, I could not allow that to happen at a party that I was responsible for.  She needed to be shut down or turned out.  If throwing her out wasn't a first impulse, Tamara (or Vicki -- or even Meghan) should have pulled her into the bathroom, slapped her across the face and threw some ice water to snap her out of it, and told her to go back and apologize for being disgusting.   Tonight's tears were.... uncomfortable (and unfortunate), but I'm not sure they were completely manufactured.  I'm an angry crier -- and I think that's what she was doing.  Because she wasn't a pretty crier - it was the ugly face contorting variety that I think was based in some genuine emotion.  

Kelly, quite simply, is a psychotic, angry, nasty drunk.  And the other women then allow Kelly to make fun of Heather when she leaves? Tamara & Vicki: I have news for you.  That's not Christian.  Kelly: If you were worried about what your daughters would think when they see this, perhaps you need to put down the cocktails and rethink how you are behaving.  

Shannon really impressed me by remaining quiet and above the fray.  And good for her for calling out Tamara for playing both sides of the fence.  

Welcome to the team!  We have champs and lemons in a bowl for everyone!

• Love 11
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Heard it was good for wrinkly folds

tumblr_m66axmrwi21r84iplo1_500.gif

Hopping back to the corner

• Love 4

I wondered why Vicki would want to go to a party for Meghan.  Meghan pretty much told her they were never friends.  Why go to something to celebrate Meghan?

Tamra wants Vicki back in the fold because she needs a paycheck and will do whatever the producers tell her.  Shannon, Meghan and Heather don't need the money.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Vicki and Briana have confirmed Donn had a girlfriend throughout the marriage, Donn is on tape calling Vicki the C-word, the show started with Donn being unemployed, the divorce documents and the fact Donn wanted lifetime spousal support, Donn no longer works and is "retired" before the age of 60.  Throwing out the Freedom Acres component does not negate that Donn was a heel in many aspects of a marriage.  I guess what he has goinjg for him is he was not as big a heel as Brooks.

Not disputing the other things about Donn, but didn't Vicki have extra-marital relationships as well? I thought it was discovered that they both dabbled in infidelity, or maybe even had an open marriage. Donn had his moments, but Vicki treated him poorly as well. I think what we saw in the final years of their relationship was the result of two people not making each other a priority. Donn wasn't employed, so I don't know what it was like when he was working. But we know with Vicki - she barely made time with him, and when she did carve out a vacation, it was the girls. Not him. I don't necessarily think they should get back together, but I don't think he is any more of a POS than she is. 

44 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

Also, with the big sushi fight we haven't talked much about the discussion between Tamra, Meghan and Shannon at the gym. First of all Meghan not admitting she said it was okay to invite Vicki and all that confusion was weird. But then I find it interesting that Tamra jumped on Shannon after Shannon brought up how they were all letting Vicky back in. Very intriguing dynamic. 

I think the main bond Tamra and Shannon had was their betrayal by Vicki. I don't think Shannon likes seeing Tamra letting Vicki back in, inch by inch. But Shannon has to understand that their friendship goes back much longer than hers with Vicki did. I'D, personally, be done. I'm with Shannon. But you can't tell other people who to be friends with. 

32 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I wondered why Vicki would want to go to a party for Meghan.  Meghan pretty much told her they were never friends.  Why go to something to celebrate Meghan?

Camera time. A chance to keep trying to get back in with the other girls. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

They totally missed a Jeff Lewis crossover opportunity. Unless that's coming.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Yeah, I wanted to ask the now holier than thou Mrs. Judge just what the Bible had to say about gossiping and bearing false witness.  I'm sure it's mentioned in there somewhere.....

Along with Judge not, lest ye be judged. 

Pun intended but it fits ;)

Unless it's "judgy eyes not, lest ye be judgy-eyed." ;)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 5

Something seemed so different to me with Vicki's face this episode.  It was during the dinner scene with Brianna and Troy.  I thought her nose looked distinctly different and her face seemed longer.  I know she's had a significant weight loss, but I thought she looked really good until this episode.   Maybe her fillers wore out and her face seemed deflated, but her nose seemed pared down - and not in a good way. 

• Love 1

My take on Heather's embarassing faux breakdown to Terry is that she was going the extra mile to distance herself from that certain cast member and her behavior for the sake of their "brand".  She doesn't want it to hurt sales or affect any current or future investors' opinion of the potential success of their business ventures.  She was worried that she wouldn't be taken seriously after that scene.  

It was hilarious, though - I'll give her that!  Unless she was portraying a horrible actress, I'd say it won't be bringing in any offers - but it was done with the goal of damage control, so I think she's ok with that. 

• Love 4

Regarding Shannon's comment about what she saw as an unnecessary proclamation - that Kelly had a college degree, I didn't take that as coming from a classist or snobby place - I took it as her saying that her level of education is irrelevant in regard to what was supposedly said about her.  A prostitute, as Kelly claimed she was called (but wasn't), can have a college degree, as can a person who "sucks $%@k to pay her bills".   

• Love 11