Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Something's Fishy

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

What I think she was taking too far was her joking about how Japanese speak.  She and Vicki are cut from the same cloth.  And they BOTH need to get off tv. 

I wonder, if Kelly has seen the episode where Vicki was speaking to the Latino laborers in her house about not scratching the wood, or whatever she said to them in a horribly racist way, how would Kelly feel about Vicki then?  

• Love 6

At one point Kelly was actually screeching that the "suck dicks" comment had been made in front of her child. The comment wasn't even made in front of Kelly, let alone in front of her child. Yet another new housewife that seems to have been chosen for her mental illness in lieu of having anything actually interesting or substantive about her life.

• Love 15

Someone posted to Heather's twitter some comments that are apparently on her Instagram: "Kelly's neighbor shared that Bravo couldn't film for 3 weeks because Kelly beat her husband until he had a black eye. She also shoved her mother down a flight of stairs and put her in the hospital." 

True or not, um, dayum. 

At that dinner, Kelly was so out of control over so little that it makes me wonder how violent she could get if someone actually did or said something truly provocative (guess this answers that question). Bravo producers seem to be casting more and more for mental illness rather than for substance or personality. Will it take someone actually being hospitalized, or even killed, for them to realize that casting these people isn't smart?

• Love 9

I hold no brief for Kelly (!) but Shannon was definitely classist when she snooted that SHE'd never refer to herself as "college educated" - Kelly is Latina, a culture with an average lower level of education than, lord knows, wealthy white socialites with I.Magnin-CEOing (grand?)dads. (I've read that Shannon actually has a law degree - quel waste of law school space, apparently.)  IMO, Kelly is very proud of her ASU education & maybe overly sensitive to educational assumptions, especially from the privileged. 

And Heather is NOT the boss!!

• Love 5

Tamra is her usual shit stirrer self. That is all she has done the last couple of seasons.

I can’t stand anything about Kelly. She obnoxiously steamrolled into this group by first inserting herself into the Vicki mess, which had nothing to do with her. That’s fine if she likes Vicki, but she needs to mind her own damn business when it concerns things that happened long before her bursting onto the scene. I don’t care if she is an educated multi-millionaire, she has learned nothing about manners or civility – God help that kid she is raising.

Rotten tomatoes to Heather. That was the worst “crying” performance ever!

Does it sound like Brianna still has a relationship with “Uncle” Donn? Too bad Vicki is so desperate for a man that she can’t be happy without one – and a boat.

Can’t believe that I am finding Megan the least distasteful of all these women this year.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Giselle said:

My Jack, like all my cats in the past, looks at me with disgust when I focus my attention on cleaning his litterbox. The look of distain in his eyes and the ears thrown back, I know he thinks of me as a lower life form only existing to serve and worship.

Come to think about it........Notice that none of THIS group ever has any pets around?

Thank god.

• Love 5

For the record?

When we were kids, our parents would drive us around So Cal in a station wagon. Sometimes we'd fuck around, then get hit and cry - but never shed any tears because the windows were rolled down and we were on the freeway - it dried our tears before they would form.

Science, bitches!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Come to think about it........Notice that none of THIS group ever has any pets around?

Thank god.

In earlier seasons Vicki used to have pugs when Donn was still there to care for them, I want to say Eddie had a dog at some point. ex-HW Gretchen had two fat little rat dogs. Heather let her kids play with puppies at home once on camera but I think the puppies left when the camera men packed up for the night.

Shannon would probably be cool with a dog as long as it had regular enemas, a crystal around it's neck.

Kelly should not be allowed around animals. If small enough I wouldn't put it past her to slam them against a wall, if too big she'd beat 'em with a bat.

Jim Edmonds is wishing Meghan would have settled for a puppy instead of a baby.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, autumnh said:

I wish I could reiterate that *I* am a multi millionaire! *hmph* lol

Oh that line, coming from her mouth.

No Kelly, the current guy you are locked onto and blowing is a millionaire. You are staying with him for access to his wallet and the goodies it buys. Just reach around back and lift a card or two while you are down there on your knees. "Don't worry bout it, don't think about it, turn your head...."

I wonder what assets she actually has in her name as she has implied that one reason she was staying with him is for the money. I imagined Mike had her sign something when they got back together. I would have knowing her history.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 10

Kelly has at least one dog.  There was a scene maybe last episode of her telling her dog(s) to give her a high five and I think her giving treats in return.  I wasn't paying that much attention since Kelly was on, so I can't remember if it was 1 or multiple dogs and what kind of dog.  I think maybe small-to-medium and white, maybe maltipoo or something similar.  I only remember because my dogs do high fives and I was annoyed to have anything in common with Kelly.

• Love 7

Does it sound like Brianna still has a relationship with “Uncle” Donn? Too bad Vicki is so desperate for a man that she can’t be happy without one – and a boat.

I was wondering the same thing. Brianna referred to Donn as "Grandpa Donn" when talking to Troy, which made me assume that her kids have met him and hung around him if that is how she is addressing Donn to her kids. It was said with more familiarity than just her referring to an ex of Vicki's. 

• Love 9

My favorite thing about "notrocious" was that the editors put it in. That's easy enough to reshoot or leave out or reference a different way. They chose to feature it which is awesome. It also has me wondering...is it a legit slang term I'm perhaps too old to have heard of, or were they trying to create it? It reminds me of the Tyra-isms from Top Model. When something is especially heinous it's no-trocious. As in "no you did not just do that very atrocious thing."

• Love 3

I found it interesting when Kelly was flipping out over being called a prostitute, and that her child would hear that. Well, dope Kelly, what will your daughter think when her school friends make fun of her because her mother called other women  C You Next Tuesday?  That is by far much worse than saying prostitute. 

Heather's crying scene was pathetically bad.  If she wanted to use that scene to attract acting offers, forget it.  

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I miss that show. lol

It's on Hulu.  A word of caution though, I recently rewatched Daisy of Love and instead of being amused everyone on it just made me sad.  It's possible I've grown up some since it aired and that was the problem, but I still watch all the Bravo dreck, including this shit show, so I don't know.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Kelly's angry cause she just found out the doctor sewed an over-fucked sphincter onto her face

Hopping to the corner now...

At least she doesn't look like Eugene from Preacher.

preacher-season-1-post-100-eugene-ian-co

6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yes, for all of her many faults that season, at least Camille was operating with more than half a brain cell. Kelly thinks Phoenix is a state and can barely complete a coherent sentence. She is not fun to "hate watch" at all. 

I hate to defend Kelly, but I think she said "Phoenix" to mess with her daughter.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Giselle said:

Terry is one of the very, very few that Heather can converse with about incidents that happen while filming and not violate her contract.

Also, she blubbered something about not wanting to be associated with such stuff - and they probably talk about their career moves, as well as their fancy-pants reputations.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4

Kelly is the worst Bravo-lebrity ever. She makes the Guidices look classy. She makes Kim Richards look sane. She makes everyone look good. She is just mean and crazy and bad looking and unpleasant and I can't think of any more bad things to say about her. The scene where she was mimicking Heather was so uncomfortable to watch. Vickie wanted to laugh but tried not to as she knew she was on camera and she'd look bad. Tamra is trying to be holy...or whatever. It was all so NOT fun. I've seen flipped tables and children being subjected to violent outbursts and girl fights and sisters spewing family hatred but this chick is worse than that.  It's not just shocking. It's horrible and NOT fun. I'd rather watch Aviva throw her damn leg a thousand times than watch this broad.

I think she's certifiable and I'm scared of her. That isn't my idea of fun. She's a complete psycho and once they dump her, everyone needs to get restraining orders. I wouldn't want her to know where I live.

Heather's crying was ridiculous but, although I like her, she's often ridiculous. I think she's scared if she's stuck with this low rent bitch, she'll never get out of Jerry Springer-land. She doesn't want to be associated with 'that kind' of reality TV.  I think Shannon was snarky as hell but I liked it. She's a snot, but, hey, Kelly is mean, so she deserves it. 

I am now Team Shannon when I was not before. She can look that crazy bitch in her crazy face and take it. You go, Shannon, but be careful. Kelly will cut a bitch...and I mean that literally. 

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Giselle said:

I don't know why Kelly is so upset at the dick sucking comment, she bought and paid for a big ol' pair of DSL's.

6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Kelly's angry cause she just found out the doctor sewed an over-fucked sphincter onto her face

Hopping to the corner now...

6 hours ago, Giselle said:

Poor baboon...hunted, captured, mutilated, all just to give up her stolen hinny to a horses ass. 

I listened to her interview with Heather McDonald (podcast) and she insists that her lips are natural.  Not sure if that means she thinks everyone is as stupid as she is....

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I'm going to be in the minority here, but I'm joining Team Heather along with Team Shannon.  While Heather has definitely become more precocious as the seasons have come and gone, she isn't a pot-stirrer.  She happily (and haughtily) keeps herself busy with her own affairs.  While she listens to gossip, she doesn't idly throw around insults to others behind their backs.  She is one of the few who will confront directly rather than throwing a grenade in a group of girls then acting surprised when it goes off.  She is usually the one who is looking for real evidence or corroboration before she believes what she hears and she generally tries to remain positive.  When she goes for the jugular, it  seems to be a planned group where she expects there to be fur flying like the reunion episodes (When you're dead, lie down).  Events like this, Heather comes in with a huge smile and, yes, she is very good at talking about herself, but I feel that is better than the venomous sniping, backstabbing, and duplicity the other women show.  Shame on Tamara for not doing what Heather did.  Tamara should have thrown Kelly out.  Even if the person being insulted in such a vulgar and crass manner was not a close friend, I could not allow that to happen at a party that I was responsible for.  She needed to be shut down or turned out.  If throwing her out wasn't a first impulse, Tamara (or Vicki -- or even Meghan) should have pulled her into the bathroom, slapped her across the face and threw some ice water to snap her out of it, and told her to go back and apologize for being disgusting.   Tonight's tears were.... uncomfortable (and unfortunate), but I'm not sure they were completely manufactured.  I'm an angry crier -- and I think that's what she was doing.  Because she wasn't a pretty crier - it was the ugly face contorting variety that I think was based in some genuine emotion.  

Kelly, quite simply, is a psychotic, angry, nasty drunk.  And the other women then allow Kelly to make fun of Heather when she leaves? Tamara & Vicki: I have news for you.  That's not Christian.  Kelly: If you were worried about what your daughters would think when they see this, perhaps you need to put down the cocktails and rethink how you are behaving.  

Shannon really impressed me by remaining quiet and above the fray.  And good for her for calling out Tamara for playing both sides of the fence.  

I don't think Kelly was drunk at the Susi dinner last night, when Heather tried to throw her out she, Kelly, was stone cold sober in her response/reaction to Heather. I just think this is how Kelly behaves and she even alludes to that in her blog where she once again admits she has anger management issues. She needs to get some serious help, like padded, 24/7/365, room in a nice white snug coat on help! This is someone who will one day seriously hurt/injure someone in the blink of an eye and she will be sober when she does it.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11

Count me in on the Donn love train!

I am not a kid/baby person, but I think Troy is adorable, sweet and smart. I enjoy watching him. 

Kelly is no longer watchable for me. I'll be fast forwarding ANY scenes she is in. She is vile & scary.

As I said, .. I'm not a kid person but I AM  a pet person so I'm pretty good at  that info which is as follows:

Vicki mentioned at one time that "Walter" the pug was now living with her son Michael.  

Eddie still has his dog ( can't recall his name )

Un-named puppies were at the Dubrows former masoleum, but they seem to have vanished without a trace.  

The Beadors do not have pets, but a few episodes ago their girls were jones-eying for a Labrador retriever.

dont know Kelly's little dogs name either but I fear for its safety ( not kidding ) 

Meghan & Jim just got a goldendoodle puppy "Girly-girl" (wtf?) 

wow. I need a life, eek 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Me three.  I wish there was a way for Donn to come back - any way except re-marrying Vicki.

Same. I know he took some heat for calling Vicky a bitch or something but .... who can blame him? lol  That's why she didn't want him.  He didn't suck up to her like her con boyfriend. 

• Love 7

I did find it amusing that Heather was lecturing Shannon on the way to the restaurant about not engaging with Kelly and just ignore her and then Heather is the one who loses it and Shannon is calm and cool.

• Love 9

I think Meg got tested for the cancer gene and that's why she is getting this baby hell or high water and in a rush. And I think that's why Jimmy, who didn't want a kid and doesn't give a fuck...is going along with it since he knows she's under the gun. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Let's get it right. Vicki shoved the producer into a wall. Vicki is very very lucky that the people she's assaulted don't react exactly like she does. She's this amazing combination (amazing for reality TV not for reality) of insecurity, narcissism, entitlement, and vindictiveness. It's no wonder that she's bonded so quickly with Kelly. 

Speaking of Kelly, that bitch crazy. She went from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds flat and back to 0 like 5 seconds later. That is not normal. Not normal at all. Plus if I had a relationship with my husband that resembled how Kelly described her marriage, I would think calling it "sucking dick to get your bills paid" is about the kindest description of that mess. Kelly and Michael separated because Michael was too controlling. She got with a new guy. Michael tried to hide his assets from Kelly and leave Kelly destitute. He might have had a private eye following her. Kelly says Michael has narcissistic personality disorder and somehow got him confined to mental health facility on a temporary hold and evaluation during their separation. Where is this heartfelt and loving relationship that Kelly feels is being defamed?!? What about their interactions doesn't sound like a very base crass venal relationship?!? The single most altruistic thing these two assholes have ever done was get back together and spare future men and women from having to be in a relationship with either Kelly or Michael. Plus you know those two would be ALL up in each other's business and stalking each other for the rest of their days. 

This is what I hate about Vicki.  I HATE her hypocritical nature.  She bullies others, is cruel & nasty, is vindictive as hell -- but will not admit she is wrong ever.  I know that every cast of RH has a complete set of narcissistic harpies, but the OC is something else.  

• Love 13
54 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I think Meg got tested for the cancer gene and that's why she is getting this baby hell or high water and in a rush. And I think that's why Jimmy, who didn't want a kid and doesn't give a fuck...is going along with it since he knows she's under the gun. 

Has her mother had cancer? If so, I would figure that would be her cause instead of her husband's first wife.

Kelly trying to imitate Shannon was really pathetic.  It was bad.  Really bad.  IMO, even Vicks reaction to it was WTF. 
Some of the housewives do great imitations of one another but Kelly, put that in the file cabinet and close the door.

On another note, Heather's sobbing in the limo just didn't cut in for me but she made a lot of points when she said in response to Vick's declaration of apologizing, "Oh no you haven't" and did the arm thing.  Loved it.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

but she made a lot of points when she said in response to Vick's declaration of apologizing, "Oh no you haven't" and did the arm thing.  Loved it.

Just so dismissive - like a mother doing that to the "O.G."  Loved it, too!

• Love 17

Pleather is upset that no one jumped to attention when she tried to use her "jedi mommy" voice at the party.

She attempted to bring a little sanity to the situation, but over acted the scene - no one was impressed.

I can see where she went home  in the limo crying, no one took her seriously?

• Love 5

Unpopular opinion crash landing in 3, 2, 1 . . . I'm a little mystified by the pearl-clutching over Kelly's language and the suggestions that the diction she chooses and/or her verbal aggression inherently translate into a propensity for violence.

Over the course of a quick succession of rage blackouts - one of which occurred while blackout drunk - she managed to exert more physical restraint over her conduct than, among others, Carole Radziwill (see: that time the Princess grabbed Aviva's face while a guest in the Drescher home).

As the references to Vicki's repeated efforts to use her comparably larger stature to bully others indicate, bodily intimidation has transpired in way more overt and reprehensible fashions than anything that Kelly has heretofore done. In addition to Vicks, the first example of this that comes to mind is when Tamra assaulted Shannon over and over by seizing her arms, face, and hands at the Rovsek beach house while Heather watched and then both proceeded to behave as if *Shannon* was nuts.

As for the gasps over Kelly's eloquence and the idea that *this* is finally the straw that's going to break the camel's back in terms of viewership, I got to say: huh? The franchise at large literally boasts a body count (Russell Armstrong). It's showcased one its lodestars (Tams) orchestrating and executing sexual battery on a cast mate with her son playing point guard. There's been overt homophobia ("queens"), consistent racism (imitating Latino accents; "chinky chinky chinaman"); etc.

Personally, I find Bethenny's lunatic screams of "whore" and "slut" at LuAnn way more egregious than Kelly's outburst because Bethenny was specifically trying to humiliate and shame LuAnn as a woman rather than crazily using epithets as synonyms for "asshole."

I don't find Kelly watchable or interesting. She's crass, uncouth, and hasn't established herself to be very bright. I don't think she's a particularly good fit for the cast.

But on the scale of relative morality and vulgarity? She's, if anything, a throwback to the early days of the show with personalities like the Curtins, Tammy Knickerbocker's daughters, etc.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Unpopular opinion crash landing in 3, 2, 1 . . . I'm a little mystified by the pearl-clutching over Kelly's language and the suggestions that the diction she chooses and/or her verbal aggression inherently translate into a propensity for violence.

I think that her actions combined with her arrest record do equate to a propensity for violence.  I'm a crazy bitch, but I've never been arrested for assault and probably never will be.

Edited to add: all the restraining orders aren't helping her case either

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Over the course of a quick succession of rage blackouts - one of which occurred while blackout drunk - she managed to exert more physical restraint over her conduct than, among others, Carole Radziwill (see: that time the Princess grabbed Aviva's face while a guest in the Drescher home).

As the references to Vicki's repeated efforts to use her comparably larger stature to bully others indicate, bodily intimidation has transpired in way more overt and reprehensible fashions than anything that Kelly has heretofore done. In addition to Vicks, the first example of this that comes to mind is when Tamra assaulted Shannon over and over by seizing her arms, face, and hands at the Rovsek beach house while Heather watched and then both proceeded to behave as if *Shannon* was nuts.

As for the gasps over Kelly's eloquence and the idea that *this* is finally the straw that's going to break the camel's back in terms of viewership, I got to say: huh? The franchise at large literally boasts a body count (Russell Armstrong). It's showcased one its lodestars (Tams) orchestrating and executing sexual battery on a cast mate with her son playing point guard. There's been overt homophobia ("queens"), consistent racism (imitating Latino accents; "chinky chinky chinaman"); etc.

Personally, I find Bethenny's lunatic screams of "whore" and "slut" at LuAnn way more egregious than Kelly's outburst because Bethenny was specifically trying to humiliate and shame LuAnn as a woman rather than crazily using epithets as synonyms for "asshole."

I don't find Kelly watchable or interesting. She's crass, uncouth, and hasn't established herself to be very bright. I don't think she's a particularly good fit for the cast.

But on the scale of relative morality and vulgarity? She's, if anything, a throwback to the early days of the show with personalities like the Curtins, Tammy Knickerbocker's daughters, etc.

I think many see Kelly as a loose cannon (dangerous) because of her previous DV charge, the RO her husband was granted and the RO the ex wife of her then  fiancé was granted against Kelly, it's not just her language or even her OTT rants but all of these combined. Kelly even admits she has anger control problems! So, take all of the bad behavior done by other HWs and combine them into 1 HW and you have Kelly!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, autumnh said:

Brianna has said she still has a relationship with Donn...he was basically her dad. I liked Donn!

Donn who had a girlfriend throughout his marriage to Vicki, Donn who called Vicki a c*nt on TV, Donn who could not really stay gainfully employed, Donn who got fired for sexual harassment. Donn who frequents sex clubs where he has sex in front of others, Donn who faked a renewal ceremony where the first account was the conch lit their love life up and the second account was they went to bed in their pajamas and nothing?  Donn who Michael and Briana said they had no relationship with the first season?  Briana is somewhat entitled-to think her mom should settle for a cheating cad like Donn because it makes her life easier.  Donn being better than Brooks in Briana's eyes does not make him a good boyfriend for Vicki.   Let's see when Vicki was in deep sh!t after last season she tried to fake Donn joining the family for Thanksgiving.  Vicki has a new boyfriend until Briana decides she doesn't like him.  Sorry I just don't think Donn is all that great of a guy.

• Love 6

I am not offended by the words that Kelly used.  I wasn't offended when Erika used it on BH, and I wasn't offended by Bethenny's language in her rant on NY.  What I have an issue with is the context, basically.  For the most part, people were talking about the situation.  Was it tense? Sure.  It wasn't the conversation you imagine having at your dinner party.  But, no one else was really slinging names or anything, they were basically addressing points that were brought up by Kelly, and doing it pretty calmly.  Shannon got a bit of a zinger in with the college educated thing, but, still, it was calm, and had Kelly thrown back a sarcastic crack, then fine.  But, Kelly went for the nuclear response and just blew up the entire situation with name calling, screeching over people, and refusing to hear anything that anyone said.

When people who were previously friendly with her were trying to explain that what she said wasn't called for, she flipped out on them and couldn't "hear" a word that was said to her.  She was not having any sort of reasonable or rational response to Shannon possibly setting her up, or Shannon's friend saying she sucks dick for money.  She was just out for blood.

I have a mouth like a truck driver, but, I know better than to go off like that on other people.  I know better than to go off like that in public.  I don't care how mad I am, I wouldn't go there, even though I don't generally have an issue with the C word, because I know the response that other people have and how it is viewed.  Kelly has no ability to control her mouth, and a record that suggests that she can't control her hands, and I wouldn't want to be around her either.  I see her behavior as very different when you start adding arrest records into the mix.  When she is flat out saying "I have an anger problem, BUT" it tells me that she hasn't really learned how to manage it, and is just going to use the fact that she went to anger management as a hall pass, because hey, she's working on it.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

Someone using the word "c***" bothers me not one bit. I am not sure when that word became verboten. Maybe I'm just too old?

Anyway....I don't watch all of the shows so I couldn't tell you what Bethenny does and how it compares to Kelly. All I know is that Kelly is annoying and seems to have a really quick temper. I just don't like her. I think she tries way too hard.  Not sure if that's "pearl-clutching" but I just don't like the bitch. Not that I really like ANY of them but she is not fun for me to watch. When someone said it is too Rock of Love, I think that's exactly it.  She's just crass and trashy.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Donn who had a girlfriend throughout his marriage to Vicki, Donn who called Vicki a c*nt on TV, Donn who could not really stay gainfully employed, Donn who got fired for sexual harassment. Donn who frequents sex clubs where he has sex in front of others, Donn who faked a renewal ceremony where the first account was the conch lit their love life up and the second account was they went to bed in their pajamas and nothing?  Donn who Michael and Briana said they had no relationship with the first season?  Briana is somewhat entitled-to think her mom should settle for a cheating cad like Donn because it makes her life easier.  Donn being better than Brooks in Briana's eyes does not make him a good boyfriend for Vicki.   Let's see when Vicki was in deep sh!t after last season she tried to fake Donn joining the family for Thanksgiving.  Vicki has a new boyfriend until Briana decides she doesn't like him.  Sorry I just don't think Donn is all that great of a guy.

All of this is according to whom?  I read Radaronline's story about Freedom Acres and it quotes an "anonymous source."  Yeah....I still tend to like Donn.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

I hold no brief for Kelly (!) but Shannon was definitely classist when she snooted that SHE'd never refer to herself as "college educated" - Kelly is Latina, a culture with an average lower level of education than, lord knows, wealthy white socialites with I.Magnin-CEOing (grand?)dads. (I've read that Shannon actually has a law degree - quel waste of law school space, apparently.)  IMO, Kelly is very proud of her ASU education & maybe overly sensitive to educational assumptions, especially from the privileged. 

And Heather is NOT the boss!!

Oh, it absolutely was classist. The underlying implication in her barb was that it's assumed that everyone in her social circle is college educated.

I come from an immigrant background and it's one of those groups that is typically high achieving educationally and professionally. One of the guys I grew up with (who has the same background) is now a very well respected millionaire musician. But if you ask his mother how he's doing, she will give you this sad response that he might be going back to school for an MBA or a PhD. He is not doing that, but his mom is a little embarrassed because she's the only one of her friends whose child doesn't have at least a masters degree. It's ridiculous, but in some groups it means a whole hell of a lot.

I like Shannon, but she knew exactly what she was doing with that remark. Shannon was marking her territory and marking Kelly as someone who didn't belong. "Why would you mention a college degree? It's assumed you have that. Everyone has at least one of those." It was said in this tone of incredulity as if Kelly just announced that she's potty trained. The irony is that across the entire Real Housewives franchises, there are a decent amount of associate degrees, really aren't a ton of bachelors degrees, and precious few professional or graduate degrees. Frankly, the real housewives are the company Shannon keeps and there aren't too many of them who can list a bachelors degree on their résumés.

• Love 4