Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I grew up in a big family and we made corn bread from scratch.  Super easy and I've never used a mix. Same with pancakes.  Simple ingredients that are in the pantry anyway, and it's almost just as quick as a mix.  Minus all the weird ingredients!

• Love 15
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder if JBoob regrets hooking Jill up with this loser?  

I would love to know his real thoughts on this.

12 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I bet Derelict is having some buyer's remorse himself.

Totally believe Derick regrets the decision.   She is NOT what he bargained for.

12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think the only one who is blissfully happy with the arrangement is Jill. She has a man to show off, clinging to him like a barnacle lest any other woman dare try to steal him. As if, Jill. 

While I agree that she is the happiest (of those 3) with the decision, I can't help but wonder how happy she actually is.   Those that are truly happy don't feel the need to convince others 24/7 that they have the #bestesthusband  #bestpapa #lovemyfamily  etc.   

• Love 16
1 hour ago, AnnaBaptist said:

What is "cheese melt"? Does she mean "cheese, melted"?

Wow, using corn muffin mix to make cornbread! Who would have thought? I had no idea you could just pour corn muffin mix into a cake pan instead of in a muffin tin.

The 'recipe' for the dip looks like something she would've stolen from a can of Rotel.

• Love 22

She also needs to realize that most families do not have 20+ people. Even one 9" x 13" pan of cornbread is a lot of cornbread. At least one third of it would go stale in my house. But then she would have to divide the recipe, and you know that is not going to happen. Dividing 4 Jiffy mix boxes by four is stretching her math abilities. Forget about having to divide 3/4 cup of oil.

At Walmart and Costco, you can buy 40 oz. boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix. Seems more economical than four smaller boxes, but then she would have to deal with pesky math again.

• Love 14
Just now, AnnaBaptist said:

She also needs to realize that most families do not have 20+ people. Even one 9" x 13" pan of cornbread is a lot of cornbread. At least one third of it would go stale in my house. But then she would have to divide the recipe, and you know that is not going to happen. Dividing 4 Jiffy mix boxes by four is stretching her math abilities. Forget about having to divide 3/4 cup of oil.

At Walmart and Costco, you can buy 40 oz. boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix. Seems more economical than four smaller boxes, but then she would have to deal with pesky math again.

Or, she could make a batch of cornbread, divide it up and freeze some of it; but that seems to be above her skill set.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, Jilly Muffin, it's called "queso." You'd think a "missionary" who begged for donations so she could become fluent in Spanish would know that. Btw, that's yet another recipe she stole off the back of a Velveeta box, but I've never heard of putting condensed milk in it. Usually you just melt the cheese and salsa. 

Eta: I take the milk comment back. Apparently some recipes do call for it, just none of the ones I'm familiar with.

The ones that call for evaporated milk seem to indicate that it makes the dip creamier; but they also seem to add cornstarch to the dip to keep the ingredients from separating. 

• Love 5
(edited)

From Jill:

I got this recipe from my friend Tannen. I think it’s best when made with raw milk, but you can also use store-bought whole milk.  This recipe does require a “starter” (a little bit of yogurt), but in the end it saves you money if you’re a big yogurt eating family!

Makes 1 gallon yogurt

1 gallon milk

1 cup plain yogurt

Directions: Pour milk into slow-cooker and cook on high for 3.5 hours. Turn off and let cool 3 hours. Take one cup of the warm milk out and mix with 1 cup plain yogurt. Add back in to rest of milk. Stir. Wrap crockpot with blanket or towel and let sit out 8-12 hours. Refrigerate and enjoy!

Notes: Yogurt will thicken in fridge. We like to top our yogurt with granola or fruit. You can also add some honey or maple syrup if you like yours a little sweeter. The consistency is more runny than store bought yogurt. You can also make a breakfast drink, smoothie, or popsicles out of it! Lots of options!

Virginia on April 4, 2018 at 12:09 pm 

How long is the yogurt good for in the fridge! I have been wanting to make my own for a long time and freeze some in cubes for smoothies and popsicles

Derick & Jill on April 4, 2018 at 1:01 pm 

I’m not exactly sure. Probably depends on the expiration on the milk and yogurt. Freezing it will help it keep longer for sure though!

Oh my........

AD0A82D9-51CD-4184-80A0-85CD1AB2B05E.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, louannems said:

I grew up in a big family and we made corn bread from scratch.  Super easy and I've never used a mix. Same with pancakes.  Simple ingredients that are in the pantry anyway, and it's almost just as quick as a mix.  Minus all the weird ingredients!

These are the Duggars we're talking about. If it doesn't come out of a box or a can, it ain't food!

• Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

What is with the need help ask me t-shirt. He is the last person on earth I would ask for help.

The board ate my post with this pic! First, I addressed Jill's overuse of hashtags. Then, I explained the shirt. Derelict did a live Insta yesterday morning that toured the venue where he did his last act of voluntourism in CO. There were more kids in those blue shirts than there were parishioners. The venue appeared to be a school auditorium. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The board ate my post with this pic! First, I addressed Jill's overuse of hashtags. Then, I explained the shirt. Derelict did a live Insta yesterday morning that toured the venue where he did his last act of voluntourism in CO. There were more kids in those blue shirts than there were parishioners. The venue appeared to be a school auditorium. 

Wait, they're still in Colorado. I thought they were in Arkansas when they celebrated Israel's birthday.

On the cornbread, Michelle made a giant cornbread for atleast 15 people and only put in an eighth of a cup of sugar. Near us, the store-bought cornbread lists sugar as the number one ingredient. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
On 4/7/2018 at 4:17 PM, Heathen said:

In all honesty, Derelict might have a hard time now getting an actual career-path job. Imagine his resume:

1. OSU accounting degree
  2. Pistol Pete 
  3. Unofficial "missionary" in Nepal for two years
  4. Walmart accountant for a year followed by a dubious separation
  5. "Missionary" with no real organization or backing who yo-yoed between Danger America and Arkansas for two years and accomplished nothing tangible
  6. Now "missionary-in-training" with no real organization. 

Then add in the fact that he looks like shit, has the personality of an angry raccoon, lacks a work ethic, and comes with his very own cling-on. He's also got a documented social media presence that does not portray him in a favorable light unless "barely coherent bigot" is what a company is looking for. The only employers I can see taking a chance on him are fundies and/or friends of Cathy's. Hell, I've interviewed dozens of people, and I can't imagine he'd make it past the first round of interviews with a real employer. 

Tl; dr: Derelict is screwed and I think he knows it. It would explain some of his anger. 

What profit earning business wants someone so publicly unhinged representing them?  I don't work for a profit earning business but if I ran across his twitter feed (and I do social media stalk potential hires before calling for an interview) he would not be given a second look.  Even like minded businesses may not want to hire him because he would alienate a potential client base or bring about a huge amount of bad publicity.

We had a gal apply for our marketing position that was in charge of building wide marketing (events, dining, bookstore) and she was SOOOO sure she was getting the job based on her posts bragging about her soon-to-be new job (pre interview mind you).  We took a peek at what she puts out and well, her bagging on the bookstore and how she thinks they are a rip off got her application tossed.  As a marketing applicant she didn't have the common sense to take that shit down before putting in her application.  I also saw her at a concert after she applied but before she knew she didn't get the job super wasted who told my staff to fuck off when they asked her move along the stairs because she was blocking people.  Sometimes I fear for our future.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, I don't recommend reading 5 pages of the Dillards in one sitting. It tends to make the brain spin.

Izzy is old enough to walk an hour in the sun, "enjoy" books for school aged kids and make a birthday cake, yet sits in a highchair, wears a bib and drinks from a sippy cup.

I wonder if Jill and Derick passed any planes on their way up the mountain?

I see they saved the difference and left Kendra's baby shower decorations up for Izzy. Or maybe they crashed the shower with a pinata. 

Vegetarian chili with meat. Maybe Jill is trying her hand at suspending chunks of meat by toothpicks in a cup of water and growing it.

That sounds about right.  The Original Recipe Duggar kids could raise their siblings, build a house, be a midwife etc yet they have to have an accountability partner until marriage.  No real common sense among them.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is how she chose to share a recipe from Cathy: 

04BD0FAF-C1FB-4F95-A8DA-244BBE991876.jpeg

This recipe is ass backwards. Wouldn't you want to cook the meat,especially if it was sausage, and sauté the  onions before making the spaghetti? This God-awful concoction must have 5000 calories a serving, not to mention all the sodium. 

Judging from the condition of the recipe page, they must make It a lot. Don't they ever eat a healthy meal?

• Love 10
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From JILL:

This super easy cheese dip is the stuff we’d always have for big get-togethers at my family’s house.

1 (2lb.) block cheese melt

1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (or half a can depending on your spice tolerance)

1 can evaporated milk

Directions: Blend tomatoes and green chilies (unless you prefer chunks). Cube cheese. Add milk and warm in microwave. Blend with hand blender until smooth.

Note: If warming over stove, be sure to warm at low heat and stir frequently so cheese doesn’t scald!

Fancy Cornbread ( she doesn’t even use her own photo for this)

Y’all! This is my favorite cornbread. My mama made this for us growing up and it is a little bit sweeter than normal cornbread. Oh, and you gotta put the melted butter on it at the end to get the entire flavor! I like to eat it for breakfast the next morning.

Makes two 9×13″ pans

Ingredients:

4 boxes Jiffy cornmuffin mix

4 eggs

3/4 cup oil (vegetable or light olive oil is what I use)

1/8 cup sugar

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

1 t. onion powder

1 can creamed corn

Directions: Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into two greased 9×13″ pans. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Brush with melted butter when done.

This has potential to be a big hit!  She needs to contact block cheese  people because it sounds like it would be good for a football game or something.  Will someone be my buddy?  I am going to attempt the corn bread and just in case I get stumped I want to be able to phone a friend.  I would ask Mr. Natalie but I think this is way too complicated for him.

• Love 10

Best husband in the world because he went for a walk with his wife and kids. Seriously... Should I say my husband is the best husband in the world because he leaves the toilet seat down. Trying to prove Derelict is the best husband when his actions and words tell a different story. #mylifeisperfectevenwithmyhusbandthenutcaseandIclingtohimlikenotomorrow

1 hour ago, bythelake said:

This recipe is ass backwards. Wouldn't you want to cook the meat,especially if it was sausage, and sauté the  onions before making the spaghetti? This God-awful concoction must have 5000 calories a serving, not to mention all the sodium. 

Judging from the condition of the recipe page, they must make It a lot. Don't they ever eat a healthy meal?

And how on earth are they all so skinny?! Here I am trying to lose weight, eating super clean, and barely succeeding. The Dillard family must have amaaaaazing metabolism! However, as I was reading this, the saddest thought in the world occurred to me: I honestly bet this is the most complicated, "from scratch" food with the least amount of processed ingredients that jill has ever made! Sobering thought. 

• Love 6

Oh Derelict drop the act, you are not fooling anyone. You already know God will call them to the mission field. It is why you chose to join a patriarchal, legalistic, soul sucking, science/fact denying cult.

• Love 14
(edited)

Sassy has a better chance of being a scientist than Izzy and Sammy. Btw, should it be I will be proud if either of my sons grew up to be a scientist. I admit I have butchered the English language on here, but the way he said it does not seem right to me.

Edited by bigskygirl
Following Derelict's butchering of the language: said it does not said does

I have no idea if Jill put sunscreen on her kids. It would be hard to tell from the pictures. Sunscreen would be easy to throw in a bag/stroller, etc. When they were hiking, they lacked hats, sunglasses, etc. Some people have a hard time not getting burned like my friends with red-hair and freckles. 

• Love 1

Derick needs to specify the science he buys into. Flat earth, man on the moon hoax, people riding dinosaurs? A lot of people think they know and believe in science, but in reality - not so much.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Wait, they're still in Colorado. I thought they were in Arkansas when they celebrated Israel's birthday.

On the cornbread, Michelle made a giant cornbread for atleast 15 people and only put in an eighth of a cup of sugar. Near us, the store-bought cornbread lists sugar as the number one ingredient. 

They had Izzy's parties before they went to CO. 

• Love 1

Don't know about JB, but I'm sure Jana has no regrets that she passed on the loser.

What a minute, what?  Jana had first crack at this clown?  You mean that JB was just going down his list of daughters and the first one that said yes became Mrs. Dullard?  Isn't that romantic.  

• Love 5

I’d be very proud if either of my sons grew up to be scientists. ...Or whatever else God may call them to do with their life.

Two boys = one life.  We need a collection for grammar lessons for Derick. 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Two boys = one life.  We need a collection for grammar lessons for Derick. 

He has been around the Duggars for too long. Like I said, I have butchered the English language on here, but at least I admit to it.

28 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

What a minute, what?  Jana had first crack at this clown?  You mean that JB was just going down his list of daughters and the first one that said yes became Mrs. Dullard?  Isn't that romantic.  

Or Dickweed wanted Jana but he got Door #2?  I hope Jill was his one and only choice.  It would suck knowing that your husband or #besthubbyevah really had Jana in his heart but only you were willing.  

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick needs to specify the science he buys into. Flat earth, man on the moon hoax, people riding dinosaurs? A lot of people think they know and believe in science, but in reality - not so much.

Missionary Science! God knows the social sciences are off the tabe.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Or Dickweed wanted Jana but he got Door #2?  I hope Jill was BOOB'S one and only choice.  It would suck knowing that your husband or #besthubbyevah really had Jana in his heart but only you were willing.  

FTFY. ?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

That's because Michelle's recipe starts with Jiffy cornbread mix.  The main ingredient in that box is sugar!  Then she adds more!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I totally agree that her "family cheese dip" is the familiar melted Velveeta with Rotel stirred in. But then I realized that she may not know that a lot of her recipes are well-known to most of us. She grew up sheltered, didn't read magazines, watch TV, didn't go to football game parties, etc.  She may actually think these are original family recipes!

I wonder whether in calling it "cheese melt" she is referencing some generic substance which is not even genuine Velveeta. Oh, the nutrition!

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick isn't aware of the Duggars discouraging higher ed? A family who won't let their kids leave home alone? A family whose adult children consist of a fake midwife daughter, a son with a quasi college certificate in something, and a pilot. That leaves 8 other adult children who may or may not have a GED. Out of 11 adult children 1 went to college and 2 furthered their 'education'.

Derick comes from a family with 2 kids, both college educated.

Do the math Accountant Boy.

1,000 likes for this. WHY is he incapable of a straight answer? It's more than evident to even the casual viewer/follower that the Duggars have no use or respect for higher education and would most likely severely try to dissuade any child who showed interest in it. Every response he gives is just another attempt to deflect the question.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, Jilly Muffin, it's called "queso." You'd think a "missionary" who begged for donations so she could become fluent in Spanish would know that. Btw, that's yet another recipe she stole off the back of a Velveeta box, but I've never heard of putting condensed milk in it. Usually you just melt the cheese and salsa. 

Eta: I take the milk comment back. Apparently some recipes do call for it, just none of the ones I'm familiar with.

I use regular milk and add sausage. It's amazing and my guilty pleasure. Jill is looney if she thinks this lifestyle blog thing is going to work out for her. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From Jill:

I got this recipe from my friend Tannen. I think it’s best when made with raw milk, but you can also use store-bought whole milk.  This recipe does require a “starter” (a little bit of yogurt), but in the end it saves you money if you’re a big yogurt eating family!

Makes 1 gallon yogurt

1 gallon milk

1 cup plain yogurt

Directions: Pour milk into slow-cooker and cook on high for 3.5 hours. Turn off and let cool 3 hours. Take one cup of the warm milk out and mix with 1 cup plain yogurt. Add back in to rest of milk. Stir. Wrap crockpot with blanket or towel and let sit out 8-12 hours. Refrigerate and enjoy!

Notes: Yogurt will thicken in fridge. We like to top our yogurt with granola or fruit. You can also add some honey or maple syrup if you like yours a little sweeter. The consistency is more runny than store bought yogurt. You can also make a breakfast drink, smoothie, or popsicles out of it! Lots of options!

1. I think that Jill is going for something similar to the recipe books that church congregations used to compile and sell with a lot of Jello dishes and things made with canned soup. Maybe she's trying for a lifestyle blog, but she really doesn't understand what that is yet. Of course, being a Duggar, she only needs to read 1-2 entries on another lifestyle blog in order to be qualified to create one of her own.

2. A GALLON of yogurt? There are four people in her family -- how much yogurt do they eat? They could eat yogurt three meals a day for a week and not eat a gallon of yogurt. It's too bad that Jill never learned division at the SODRT.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

2. A GALLON of yogurt? There are four people in her family -- how much yogurt do they eat? They could eat yogurt three meals a day for a week and not eat a gallon of yogurt. It's too bad that Jill never learned division at the SODRT.

I was wondering about this too. I eat a lot of yogurt due to some health problems and live in a house where 2 other full-grown adults also eat a lot of yogurt. I just did the math, and even with all of us eating yogurt 1-2 times a day, plus using it as a cooking substitute, we don't go through a gallon in a week. I don't see how a family of 4 with 2 small children would either. And we're, um, hearty eaters. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

1,000 likes for this. WHY is he incapable of a straight answer? It's more than evident to even the casual viewer/follower that the Duggars have no use or respect for higher education and would most likely severely try to dissuade any child who showed interest in it. Every response he gives is just another attempt to deflect the question.

PLUS, his wife Jill wanted to go to nursing school at one point, and JB steered her away from it. Duh!!!! How can he say they are for higher ed? There was no valid reason to discourage jill from nursing school. I could understand if she had been pregnant, or working a full-time job, or had some other obligation. However, she was a young, single woman with no responsibilities! Why not nursing school?

btw, no way would jill have been smart enough to make it through. Maybe in an alternate universe where she went to real school, but not with her SOTDRT education, sadly. 

• Love 15