Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Can you even IMAGINE the hatred Jill has for Jessa's vagina??????????????????????

Oh she's fuming-especially after making the comment on the show how Jesss had an easy delivery and she hopefully would too. 

She's probably blaming the poor baby for being large.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

If Jill did have gestational diabetes would she even share that with the public?  Especially after Izzy's diasterous labor and delivery.

Would she even know if she had it?  I didn't think she had any prenatal care besides her own.

• Love 5

There is no way Jill would know she had GD unless she went to a real doctor, right? Do reputable midwives have their clients go for those tests? We all know she doesn't go to a reputable midwife.

I had to be induced with my third child at 37 weeks and consider myself to have been in labor for 36 hours. I was contracting and in major pain but nothing was happening. The hospital wanted to send me home to try again another day since my blood pressure issues seemed to have leveled out after the induction.  I refused and they induced me a 2nd time. 36 hours later I had my daughter but I consider all of that time labor since I was contracting the entire time. Most miserable time of my life. I was exhausted both mentally and physically. I was so close to having a c section but lucked out and delivered vaginally. 

Hopefully Mom and Baby are ok but damn she has some big babies! My third was my largest at 8 pounds and some change and she looked HUGE to me. My first two were barely 7 pounds. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

There is no way Jill would know she had GD unless she went to a real doctor, right? Do reputable midwives have their clients go for those tests? We all know she doesn't go to a reputable midwife.

Regular certified nurse midwives would certainly order it.  However, from what we've seen, Jill goes to a lay midwife who isn't even licensed.  Therefore, her midwife wouldn't be able to refer her to a lab that does the test since it would require an order from a licensed practitioner.  Odds are, she didn't have the test.  If she was a gestational diabetic, it would make for a big storyline for the show, which also makes me think she was never tested (or was tested and negative, though I think she would've said something it that were true).

Jill's sort of midwives tend to be 'don't ask, don't tell' about a lot of things.  They ignore the obvious risks and wait for something to go awry.  Not, IMO, the best idea.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Time for a thread title change!!

and our new precious addition Sammy might be good to add after Izzy.

Or Bam Bam II (giant white baby)

Ha.  The Dullards and Their Manipulative GWB's

47 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Do reputable midwives have their clients go for those tests? We all know she doesn't go to a reputable midwife.

Yes.  I had all of my babies at home with reputable, qualified, extensively trained and experienced midwives, and had GD testing, blood work, GBS testing, ultrasounds, estimates of fetal size/position, etc, with full informed consent, hour long appointments, in my home (except for the ultrasound).  

• Love 3

We have no idea what kind of 'tests' Jill 'passed with flying colors', but they probably involved tying a string to a wedding band and dangling it over the belly to see if spins straight for a boy or in a circle for a girl.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Something didn't go right, given all the monitoring that Sammy is undergoing. 

What am I missing?  Where does it say he is being monitored more than a normal C-section baby?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

That's one big baby! Doesn't appear to be a Zika baby, hopefully. I agree something looks off if he's on monitors. 

A bunch of monitors and oxygen.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

What am I missing?  Where does it say he is being monitored more than a normal C-section baby?

@doodlebug Is this amount of monitoring normal after a c-section, or would this indicate fetal distress of some sort? 

I honestly do not know, hence my alarm at seeing pulse-ox, heart, and oxygen. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, toodles said:

A bunch of monitors and oxygen.

I saw that too? I swear if Jill gets out of this fine, but with a birth injured baby, I'll go nuclear.

• Love 2

My scheduled c-section breech had issues breathing because he swallowed amniotic fluid.  He was in the NICU for 5 days because he was breathing too fast.  He had an IV and monitors but no oxygen.

Jill--please take this as a sign for you use a real doctor and hospital if you insist on keeping on spitting out babies.  Jana wins bestest brood mare ever.  This is the second time you've gotten extremely lucky-sorry "blessed"- with these birth outcomes.

• Love 11

I was just going to ask...what is all that shit hooked up to him?  And the things wrapped around his hands and feet?  Its weird seeing such a big baby with all that crap hooked up to them, usually its a preemie.

• Love 2

Well, it looks like Jill yet again tried a homebirth that looks to have gone not so well for Baby Sammy. Did she show up at the hospital at the 11th hour yet again looking for relief? All indications appear that that's the case. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, it looks like Jill yet again tried a homebirth that looks to have gone not so well for Baby Sammy. Did she show up at the hospital at the 11th hour yet again looking for relief? All indications appear that that's the case. 

With total disregard for the wellbeing of her unborn child.

• Love 11

I'm gonna set my snark aside and say:

A failed VBAC will most likely lead to repeat C-sections, which will inhibit her large family plans.  Jill just helped to deliver Jessa's smooth home birth baby and now it seems that Samuel is having a rough start.  

I really hope Jill can handle this emotionally; we suspected she might've suffered from depression after Izzy.  

• Love 21
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Patricia07 said:

With total disregard for the wellbeing of her unborn child.

The safety of the baby comes in third after Mommy's ego and Martyr Complex. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think they really believe bad things can happen.

Michelle has a clue after she lost Jubilee.  But Jill lives in La-la land.  What could possibly go wrong? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Marigold said:

I'm gonna set my snark aside and say:

A failed VBAC will most likely lead to repeat C-sections, which will inhibit her large family plans.  Jill just helped to deliver Jessa's smooth home birth baby and now it seems that Samuel is having a rough start.  

I really hope Jill can handle this emotionally; we suspected she might've suffered from depression after Izzy.  

I can't help but wonder if Jessa's thinking something like "dang, glad to have healthy babies, but if repeat C-sections = fewer babies, SIGN ME UP NOW." I think Jessa will stop at four or five, if she can figure out how to trick Bin into natural planning.

• Love 2

I hope this doesn't mean that their "pattern" is kids names ending in  "-el".  Gag. Next comes Ezekiel, then Abel.......then the girls.....Ariel, Rachel, and Mabel. The possibilities are endless.

• Love 3

Perhaps this isn't the time to ask, but I wonder if some agency steps in and says WTF at some point?   Clearly her/their decision making sucks.   Who steps in for the child?   This is actually stressing me out.  That poor baby.   I can't even let myself think about poor Izzy once/if they bring Samuel home.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Perhaps this isn't the time to ask, but I wonder if some agency steps in and says WTF at some point?   Clearly her/their decision making sucks.   Who steps in for the child?   This is actually stressing me out.  That poor baby.   I can't even let myself think about poor Izzy once/if they bring Samuel home.

I think as long as Jill stays in Arkansas she can maintain, but if they go back to Danger America she will lose her shit. Whatever's going on down there has her so terrified she's having breakdowns over shower rods, there's no way she can handle the isolation plus two small children. 

• Love 20
(edited)

I'm so truly worried for both Samuel and Izzy.  My heart just aches for them.  Derrick is a fucking idiot (being generous on a good day) and Jill is just clueless (and willfully ignorant).  These poor kids just don't stand a chance. 

I fully believe the family doesn't begin labor/delivery at the hospital due to the co-pays involved.  Just because someone has insurance doesn't mean they can afford their portion.  Or is willing to pay their portion.   If these fucknuts would consider the true costs of actually caring for their children, they might just slow the fuck down.   God is full of grace, but at some point you need to carry your own weight.   Only a fool would simply sit around and wait for a miracle birth. 

These fools just set off my anger and I cannot help it.  The hatred is real, ya'll

Edited by tabloidlover
slight correction
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm sure she like totally chanted the right bible verses this time though.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

In my experience in L&D, no reputable doctor would allow a woman to labor for 40 hours anywhere, home or hospital.  Personally I think Jill is trying to win the "Longest Labor" award and is lying about how long she was in real labor.  Either that or she's so damned dumb that she doesn't know how to tell what real labor is.

Hospitals can't actually force a patient to have a c-section, can they? One's private doctor could refuse to treat her, but I think a hospitalist would be shit out of luck.  So if Jill did show up in labor and insisted on a trial of labor, I don't think there would be anything the hospital staff could do but cajole and attempt to educated the incapable of being educated. That said, until proven otherwise I'm assuming she labored at home until she came to the conclusion that a VBAC wasn't going to happen and went to the hospital.

• Love 2

I'm just glad that Jill never officially delivered a baby as a licensed midwife. It's like saying that there's a doctor out there practicing who graduated last in his/her class. Look no further than her mentor midwife. OMG. 

If this is the result of two deliveries of her OWN CHILDREN, I can't imagine all the bad decision making with disastrous results that could have happened if she had been practicing on her own. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I fully believe the family doesn't begin labor/delivery at the hospital due to the co-pays involved.

A week in the NICU ain't cheap.

• Love 1