Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

These people calling their daddy-arranged marriages, to their "best friend?"  They don't know the meaning of those two words.  

Those of us that live in a non-crazy world aren't forbidden or afraid to spend alone time with a best friend.  

Mr. Xword happens to be my best friend, but I chose him, myself.  We also spent a lot of time alone before we were married.

They're nuts!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

These people calling their daddy-arranged marriages, to their "best friend?"  They don't know the meaning of those two words.  

Those of us that live in a non-crazy world aren't forbidden or afraid to spend alone time with a best friend.  

Mr. Xword happens to be my best friend, but I chose him, myself.  We also spent a lot of time alone before we were married.

They're nuts!

The best friend thing always makes me laugh.  You tend to KNOW things about your best friend.  Like how not to turn everything into a joke (Jill!) as you had to tell Big D not to do.  He might have also known you would never be allowed to be a real missionary because you went to the College of Michelle rather than somewhere that actually taught useful academic things.  The best I can say about your familiarity with each other is common religion and you knew each others names.  I don't see a friendship.  But whatever, I don't have to wake up next to either one of you.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Oh my gosh, it's even worse than I thought!!! I expected it to be something about how Derick was worth the wait to her, which is gag-inducing, but believable because she's a stage 5 clinger and sat around reading that Prince Charming book. However, it is so much worse! I hate when girls like her get all preachy, about how it's worth the wait for everyone else. Really, Jill? As a 29-year-old who was about to be engaged a few years ago, only to have it called off abruptly, that doesn't sit well with me. I don't need All Knowledgeable Jill giving me any advice on "waiting!!!"

i have a teenage cousin who is like that, too. She is so desperate that she latches onto just any guy who wants a serious relationship, and when one breaks up with her, she moves on to the next one in two seconds. Then, when she has a boyfriend again, she'll say something like, "single ladies...trust me, I've waited, but God will bring you someone when you are ready." I find it hard to hold back on the snark and point out that God has brought her many, MANY boyfriends who weren't quite enamored with her little self! ? I personally have waited a long time to be in a good relationship like I'm in now, but that's just my journey. I'm not going to pretend that God sees me as so super special that He sent me a great guy at the age of 28, so everyone else should look forward to that age or some BS like that. Just live your life, people!

I feel like your cousin should at least be married before bragging, lol

• Love 3
4 hours ago, saylubee said:

I can see two sides to that.  I did not want my MIL in the room when I was giving birth.  We lived close enough to the hospital that she stayed there until birth was imminent.  My mom stayed by my side until I started having complications and had to be rushed for an emergency c-section.  I don't know if I eventually would have kicked my mom out of the room too once things really got going.

But if Jilly is going to have everyone at the birth anyways why can't Miss Cathy be there.  

Hopefully this means Jill is having a hospital birth with fewer attendees.  Or that it was Miss Cathy's decision to hold back due to her health issues.

I can as well. Sure it would be nice for Jill to invite Cathy, but we don't know how close they are or how comfortable Jill is with her mother-in-law looking at her exposed lady bits. And in defense of Michelle, pregnancy and birthing is that woman's bread and butter. I'd probably take her over anyone else. 

• Love 6
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

None of the girls seem to have much of a sense of humor, but Jilly Muffin is the biggest killjoy by far.

This is one of the ways we know that the Duggarlings are simply stupid, I think.

In that clusterfuck of a family, anybody who had an actual brain would have developed into George Carlin or Tina Fey by age four, just to survive the cognitive dissonance without going completely insane. (and then would have fairly quickly absconded, of course). ...

But the Duggarlings are just not bright. ... Another reason why they really can't get much past their parents' and Gothards' absurd and horrifying "teachings," of course. I really do feel sorry for them, because they can't help being dumb, and I'm sure that the stupidity is a big factor in what keeps them utterly trapped in one of the most asinine mindsets ever invented -- and repeatedly behaving idiotically because of that. But I suppose they may mind it all less because of their dimness as well. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
52 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can as well. Sure it would be nice for Jill to invite Cathy, but we don't know how close they are or how comfortable Jill is with her mother-in-law looking at her exposed lady bits. And in defense of Michelle, pregnancy and birthing is that woman's bread and butter. I'd probably take her over anyone else. 

Bbbbbbut...Miss Cathy has to babysit the GWB.

• Love 5

If Jill went into labor away from home, in another state, with no film crew, and had to rush to the hospital with potential complications, well, let's just say Samuel will have won the Asshole Manipulative Baby crown from Izzy.

• Love 22
20 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

If Jill went into labor away from home, in another state, with no film crew, and had to rush to the hospital with potential complications, well, let's just say Samuel will have won the Asshole Manipulative Baby crown from Izzy.

I bet parts of their anniversary/#babycation were filmed. Gag. 

And if Jill went into labor, I hope they hightailed it to the nearest HOSPITAL, although that would screw up her very likely dreams of a home VBAC. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And if Jill went into labor, I hope they hightailed it to the nearest HOSPITAL, although that would screw up her very likely dreams of a home VBAC. 

I'm fine with her having a hospital VBAC.  As long as sh goes to the hospital to deliver.  Don't be a Silly Jilly.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Remember when Anne Heche randomly wandered into some lady's hose, took a shower, started talking nonsense, and crashed on the sofa? Jill would just walk into someone's bedroom and proceed to deliver on their bed.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Oh Lord, please let this happen!!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Schrodinger's abortion?

Slightly OT for this thread, but someone on free jinger called Jana "Schrodinger's fundie" basically because, until she opens up more, no one really knows much about her or about what she truly thinks.  I thought that was funny yet accurate.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm fine with her having a hospital VBAC.  As long as sh goes to the hospital to deliver.  Don't be a Silly Jilly.

Ugh. After that shit show of a delivery with GWB, a scheduled C would be the responsible route. Well, Duggars/brain = lacking. 

A hospital VBAC would be a moral failing for them from their POV. If they can't have their dangerous home deliver, they'll do the emergency admit, slash and splash C. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

I'm sorry, what is GWB in this context? (It just means George Washington Bridge to me but I think Jill did not give birth to the bridge.) 

GWB = Giant White Baby. ❤️?

• Love 4
On 6/21/2017 at 8:40 PM, Sew Sumi said:

No one can answer that, since we're all asking the same question! LOL

Hope springs eternal.

BTW, happy belated birthday! Please tell me that you weren't subjected to the dreaded Drippy Sundae... 

• Love 3

No sundaes! My hubby came down with the flu, so I went to the store and bought a pint of Reeses and chocolate sorbet. I'd been eating clean for so long....

As far as the Dullards at Olive Garden. I've never been to one, but I've heard they're really unhealthy. Can they even have a salad that's beyond iceberg lettuce and thousand-calorie dressing on the side? Sorry, other than a BK and Wendys nearby the high school about a mile from here, we don't have chain food places aside from Starbucks and (again near by the high school) Jamba Juice. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"We should wait as eagerly for Jesus to return as I am waiting for the call about baby Samuel arriving! #beready @derick4Him @jillmdillard"

Something my mother never said while awaiting any of my children to be born.

Wow. Total Jesus juke there. Can any of these people just enjoy life without throwing guilt EVERYWHERE? Damn...

• Love 14
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

None of the girls seem to have much of a sense of humor, but Jilly Muffin is the biggest killjoy by far.

That's because they grew up with pranks and visuals being funny, since their parents--especially JB--lack the tiny bit of wit necessary for a true sense of humor. Things that have qualified as hilarious jokes in the Duggar world:

1)One of the boys wrapping a doll in a blanket to make it look like a baby, and then dropping it in front of the TLC crew.

2)The Duggars--spearheaded by Jill--giving Erin a fire extinguisher as a wedding gift to mock her inability to cook.

3)Jill taking a hospital room selfie with her swollen-faced, unconscious husband.

4) Jill taking two pictures of a Israel crying his head off because she swaddled him. 

I'm not even going to try to go into all the "funny" mean and/or inappropriate crap JB has said and done over the years.

Jill's fine with her version of jokes, she just can't stand not understanding the jokes of others, and since she's the dimmest of dim bulbs but thinks she's smart, she couldn't take Derick joking all the time and not getting it. She probably felt like the butt of the jokes, when she prefers doing the "joking."

• Love 19
17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's damning with faint praise, but if I had to deliver a baby and my only choice was a Duggar (that might actually be my personal hell), I would likely pick Michelle too. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No sundaes! My hubby came down with the flu, so I went to the store and bought a pint of Reeses and chocolate sorbet. I'd been eating clean for so long....

As far as the Dullards at Olive Garden. I've never been to one, but I've heard they're really unhealthy. Can they even have a salad that's beyond iceberg lettuce and thousand-calorie dressing on the side? Sorry, other than a BK and Wendys nearby the high school about a mile from here, we don't have chain food places aside from Starbucks and (again near by the high school) Jamba Juice. 

I hope your husband is on the mend. I also hope the sorbet was fabulous. ;-)

I think I've been to Olive Garden once in my life. It must be so exotic to Jilly Muffin -- Italian food! That's not really Italian food! She also doesn't have to deal with a menu listing entrees she's never heard of or worry about actually trying something new!

Things in our small town are about the same as yours. We have a Subway that nobody eats at, a Quizno's, and two Starbucks for a town of 8,000. There are actually seven other coffee places here; it's thirty miles from Seattle and it's the law that everyone over 21 must consume as much caffeine as humanly possible...

• Love 8
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

That's because they grew up with pranks and visuals being funny, since their parents--especially JB--lack the tiny bit of wit necessary for a true sense of humor. Things that have qualified as hilarious jokes in the Duggar world:

1)One of the boys wrapping a doll in a blanket to make it look like a baby, and then dropping it in front of the TLC crew.

2)The Duggars--spearheaded by Jill--giving Erin a fire extinguisher as a wedding gift to mock her inability to cook.

3)Jill taking a hospital room selfie with her swollen-faced, unconscious husband.

4) Jill taking two pictures of a Israel crying his head off because she swaddled him. 

I'm not even going to try to go into all the "funny" mean and/or inappropriate crap JB has said and done over the years.

Jill's fine with her version of jokes, she just can't stand not understanding the jokes of others, and since she's the dimmest of dim bulbs but thinks she's smart, she couldn't take Derick joking all the time and not getting it. She probably felt like the butt of the jokes, when she prefers doing the "joking."

It's been my experience that most Fundies don't have much of a sense of humor to begin with. The ones I knew weren't allowed to watch comedy on TV or participate much in mainstream culture.  Everything is about being pious.  Tell a Fundy a joke about anything worldly (even if you aren't being vulgar), chances are you'll get a look of stank or a preaching to.  In that environment, it's not surprising to find so many humorless killjoy types.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, lascuba said:

Was it Jill's idea to hire the giant clown on stilts for Amy's birthday? For Amy, who claims a fear of clowns?

There's an Olive Garden in Vallejo, Sew Sumi.  And no, it's not healthy.  A typical entree can run to 1,500 calories, not counting the salad (lettuce, onions, a couple of tomatoes, black olives and croutons with Italian dressing) and the ever deadly addictive bread sticks.  And lots of sodium.  But what do Duggars care about high sodium and/or fat?  God's taking care of their health, because God loves them.  He doesn't love you, you heathen.  Heh.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It's been my experience that most Fundies don't have much of a sense of humor to begin with. The ones I knew weren't allowed to watch comedy on TV or participate much in mainstream culture.  Everything is about being pious.  Tell a Fundy a joke about anything worldly (even if you aren't being vulgar), chances are you'll get a look of stank or a preaching to.  In that environment, it's not surprising to find so many humorless killjoy types.

I'm not surprised. On this week's epi, Jeremy was joking about needing that massive block of mozzarella because of his Italian heritage and it was going right over Jinger's head. I can't imagine being married to someone who has no sense of humor.

• Love 9

Found this gem scrolling through the Derick's old posts. What the heck happened to this guy?? He seemed so sure he was gonna be permanent at Walmart and have a career there. He was never the same after his surgery. I'm convinced something fishy happened to him, it's almost as if he got some Duggar DNA injected intohis brain.Screenshot_20170623-155747-1026x1801.thumb.jpg.9ca595b60bb04a192f25e1edd05a6c86.jpg

• Love 5

Please tell me that Jill didn't really tell Derrick that he shouldn't joke around so much. Please please please. If she did, can you tell me when and where so I can go read it and reboost my dislike of Jill all over again.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Please tell me that Jill didn't really tell Derrick that he shouldn't joke around so much. Please please please. If she did, can you tell me when and where so I can go read it and reboost my dislike of Jill all over again.

During the time she was pregnant with Izzy, when they were taking childbirth classes and I think she said it again in a talking head.  And in some talking head Jill mentioned that Derick asked her to speak more quietly.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Part of the reason is their grasp of language is so poor they miss puns and double entendres. They have limited cultural literacy, so no point of reference. Well, that and the enormous stick up their collective asses. 

• Love 22

Not cutting them ANY slack, but Olive Garden may be the only "nice" restaurant in their area.  

I had a work trip to rural Ohio and our wrap-up "good job" dinner was at the OG. The folks I flew in to see were positively giddy all week at the venue.  I live in a major metro and am used to having a zillion options and ethnicities to choose from.  It's all perspective I guess. And damn you, now I want breadsticks! 

• Love 9

I'm sorry, but how many baby showers do the two of them need for baby number two? What about working in order to supply things for your children or does this make too much sense? Sorry, I am in cranky mood because my neck and upper back muscles are not too happy with the strength exercises the other day in physical therapy. Maybe I need to pray the evilness out of my body and start reading the bible and try to save others in order to get rid of the pain and stiffness.

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm sorry, but how many baby showers do the two of them need for baby number two? What about working in order to supply things for your children or does this make too much sense? Sorry, I am in cranky mood because my neck and upper back muscles are not too happy with the strength exercises the other day in physical therapy. Maybe I need to pray the evilness out of my body and start reading the bible and try to save others in order to get rid of the pain and stiffness.

Sounds to me like Satan is building a fortress around your heart.  That's why you're crabby.  

Satan was building a fortress around my heart yesterday.  I had some lunch and I felt ever so much better.  Apparently, yogurt and some grapes is a sure-fire Satan repellent.  You might want to try it.  A glass of wine might work too.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That's where this was too, but it was a "sprinkle"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVGuCWHgjP8/

I'm laughing at Jill sitting in such close proximity to all that wine... ?

And yeah, I live near a small town where Olive Garden is about the only "nice" restaurant. The wait to get in on a weekend night is like 3 hours. They also have a carrabba's, but it is only for "rich" people. ??‍♀️

• Love 8