Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

"Corre por tu vida, cariño!" is what I would tell that little girl.  "Y golpearlo en la cara si es necesario!"   ["Run for your life, sweetie and smack him in the face if you have to!"  Thank you Google Translate.]

ETA:  It should be "carina" but I didn't specify the gender in the translation.  My mistake.

Edited by EAG46
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, EAG46 said:

"Corre por tu vida, cariño!" is what I would tell that little girl.  "Y golpearlo en la cara si es necesario!"   ["Run for your life, sweetie and smack him in the face if you have to!"  Thank you Google Translate.]

Would it be cariña for a girl? Trying to remember my high school Spanish of 4 decades ago. Though I did manage to get everything but the verbs.

• Love 2
(edited)

It's only May 5th, guys! Jill is going to be monstrous by even early July.

And check out DWreck "working" for that 24 grand.

18341662_1220292088069598_763503726916401703_n.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Her clothes really aren't the point. As @zoomama noted, she's cooking another Giant White Baby, and that's a concern if she's going to really attempt a VBAC at home.

i wonder how accurate her date is?  maybe she is due much sooner than we have been told? looking at hr belly, it appears to be a bit on the low side...

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 1

If she thinks it's early July, but she's wrong (again?), at least it won't interfere with Joy's wedding, since the Seewalds have those speaking engagements covering the last two weeks of June. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope Jill's not blowing bubbles over a tile floor. (What is she doing?)

For people with spotty cell service, Derick keeps his very handy.

Edited by ginger90
23 minutes ago, SMama said:

It would not be the first time Dr. Jill gets her own due date wrong.

For a "midwife" she's woefully uneducated about risks and basic maternal protocol. The average suburban mom-to-be researches the heck out of pregnancy, down to annoying minutiae. Dr. Jill goes off to a third-world country, ignoring Zika, while pregnant, blithely and blissfully unconcerned. Freaking idiot. 

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, wait.what said:

I think Jill looks good there. My niece who is not fundy, is 8 months pregnant is dressing just like Jill. She says comfort is her main goal at this point!

Is that tight of a shirt really comfortable?

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derick looks horrible & scary.  The little girl is so cute.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2

The little girl has more stable footwear than Dr. Jill. As for the rest of her attire, it's Duggar Wear. We really shouldn't expect anything different by now.  That's all I'm going to say about that, other than maybe if people are bent out of shape because she's wearing belly-button baring tops, maybe they should DONATE!!!! more. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's all I'm going to say about that, other than maybe if people are bent out of shape because she's wearing belly-button baring tops, maybe they should DONATE!!!! more. 

I'm not bent out of shape.  It just doesn't look like a "comfortable" look to me.  To each their own.  I do hope that Jilly is the one making that choice.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I know that they're there to evangelize, but that picture pisses me off. And if I had donated money I'd be even more pissed.

I expect that only true believers donate. Now at least. And, unfortunately, when it comes to true believers, you can "shoot somebody in the middle of 5th avenue" and they'll still be on your side, as another famous dunderhead has noted. 

19 minutes ago, ariel said:

She probably attended one of Jessa's "fashionable modesty" lectures. 

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, ariel said:

Derick looks horrible & scary.  The little girl is so cute.

She is a cutie-pie, and dressed very nicely in her wee party clothes.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jill does look pretty good there. She looks clean. Her hair looks combed. Her ankles aren't even swollen. I'm sort of amazed.

Ah, that's it...the ANKLES! I was looking at the picture thinking that she did, indeed, look pretty good despite being as "big pregnant" as she is; it just seemed that there was something unusually "light" about her look for someone looking otherwise ready to pop. I was huge like that with my first pregnancy, but had "only" an 8.3 lb baby (not without some complications, so don't get complacent, there, Jill!). But by 7 months, in the heat of summer, I had pretty much even given up on trying to wedge my feet into even my husband's sandals.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That little girl is like "Peace out. I'm bored"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ariel said:

I'm not bent out of shape.  It just doesn't look like a "comfortable" look to me.  To each their own.  I do hope that Jilly is the one making that choice.

I was being facetious. :)  I don't think anyone here really cares, other than they seem to defy "modesty" rules when you can see body parts they strive to remain unseen. Nothing more. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Was there a caption for that picture?  What are they supposed to be doing? Fellowshipping?

Pickles always cuts off captions, so you don't know her "sources." 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It's pretty sad that her hair looks 100 times better than it did in Jess's wedding! Girl can look pretty if she tries, but chooses to try at odd times. 

I agree.  Her hair looks much better here than at her own wedding.  Maybe it's the pregnancy hormone thing going on. 

Wait.what - that was some post.  I hope things turned out well for mom & baby.  Thank God for angels like you & your coworkers.   I had an emergency C-section & things were in a frenzy getting me to OR so I could relate to things in your post.  Too bad you can't send Jill your post to remind her that some births don't go as planned, as she should already know. 

(edited)
On 5/5/2017 at 8:03 PM, Farmfam said:

I don't think Jill looks all that big.

Yeah, me neither.  I think the girls nowadays wear their maternity clothes so tight, we think they look bigger than we did.  We were blousy things, or things that didn't hug the UNDERSIDE of the belly, so people didn't see the exact dimensions of our bellies! But I do recall at the end of my pregnancies looking in the mirror naked and thinking "How is this even POSSIBLE??" and Jilly is nowhere near that yet, LOL!

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 5
(edited)

@doodlebug, I am the flip side of your 10 section lady. I only had 2... and the OB who did my second one warned me against a third.

I had wanted a VBAC but I went to 42 weeks...no dialation, no effacement. Big baby, lots of fluid. The midwife said : " Take the section."  When the midwife tells ya to take the section, you do it, LOL.

Anywhoo, the attending came in to do a section the next day, and I felt like it was kind of taking a long time. Safely delivered a baby boy and started putting me back together. Afterwards, he came in to see me in recovery and said I had a lot of adhesions/scarring from my first section. He asked if we planned on a third? I said maybe, and he said, if you do, please schedule the section at about 38 weeks...since if I went into labor and something went wrong and they had to deliver via section quickly, they might not be able to. OR would have to do like a hysterectomy, I think? Anyway, #3 wasn't in the cards for us, but I always remembered that.

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I agree.  Her hair looks much better here than at her own wedding.  Maybe it's the pregnancy hormone thing going on. 

Wait.what - that was some post.  I hope things turned out well for mom & baby.  Thank God for angels like you & your coworkers.   I had an emergency C-section & things were in a frenzy getting me to OR so I could relate to things in your post.  Too bad you can't send Jill your post to remind her that some births don't go as planned, as she should already know. 

Baby had no pulse when born. Required chest compressions and airway support with blow by or bi pap (no intubation). I think she required about 2 minutes of compressions, and then she started crying!!!! It was a spectacular moment! Mom and baby both did well and was discharged in 3 days. 

Just imagine what could have happened if it had been a home birth?

i know, I know, babies have been born at home for hundreds of year just fine,but....

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, wait.what said:

Baby had no pulse when born. Required chest compressions and airway support with blow by or bi pap (no intubation). I think she required about 2 minutes of compressions, and then she started crying!!!! It was a spectacular moment! Mom and baby both did well and was discharged in 3 days. 

i know, I know, babies have been born at home for hundreds of year just fine,but....

Exactly, why take a chance if you don't have to.  I'm glad you & your baby are ok. 

Edited by ariel
7 hours ago, wait.what said:

This makes me think of all the laws regarding car sets, bike helmets, etc...Every couple of years, it seems, car seat regulations are getting updated after some study shows that this or that tweak in positioning can make a difference in outcome. And never mind that some of us grew up in the days when seat belts, never mind car seats, were still optional, kids just tumbled around in the back seat, and everyone mostly turned out fine.  And now you face fines for not having the latest model car seat, or having a baby forward-facing too early, or not still in a booster seat until practically middle school, yet attempting home-births under some pretty dodgy circumstances still seems to be OK. I'm not sure of the actual legalities given that my kids were all born over 25 years ago and I had no intention of ever having them anywhere but in a hospital, but it all just seems a bit inconsistent.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, wait.what said:

Babies and mothers also died at home for hundreds of years on a regular basis.  No way I'd have a home birth without some seriously trained and experienced nurse midwives, and then only if there were zero expected complications.

• Love 15

Jill looks lean in that photo. Her arms and legs are very thin. She also had her hair 'did', and looks pretty good. I'm guessing they are planning on a hospital birth, or why not stay in Danger America and have their own little citizen and fly back in time for the wedding. 

I still don't think those super tight tops are modest, and I've searched online and I know there are options out there. These are the people who promoted those horrendous modest bathing outfits, you know they know how to find the more modest/loose maternity wear. With that said, even though they aren't modest, I think the new way of dressing through a pregnancy is much nicer than those old tents. 

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Jill looks lean in that photo. Her arms and legs are very thin. She also had her hair 'did', and looks pretty good. I'm guessing they are planning on a hospital birth, or why not stay in Danger America and have their own little citizen and fly back in time for the wedding. 

I still don't think those super tight tops are modest, and I've searched online and I know there are options out there. These are the people who promoted those horrendous modest bathing outfits, you know they know how to find the more modest/loose maternity wear. With that said, even though they aren't modest, I think the new way of dressing through a pregnancy is much nicer than those old tents. 

I agree, there absolutely are options, having had two pregnant coworkers in my white-collar office over the past couple years, who wore clearly drapey empire-type pregnancy stuff that doesn't banana-skin.  I grant this is the relatively cold East Coast where we've only had one 80-degree day thus far, but it's either "too cheap to buy actual maternity stuff and determined to limp by on the extant contents of our closets" for the Duggars and Dugg-adjacent; or some sort of weird flaunty "pregnancy is the one type of situation where I can get away wearing these types of shirts, without my pregnancy-worshiping matrilineal line and its products carping at me about looking like an unchristian floozy".  

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Nobody does it better than Kate.

0 0 1 Kate.png

• Love 20

For me, it's not that they wear tight tee shirts when they're pregnant, it's that they NEVER wear anything else. And every single tee shirt is as tight as it can possibly be, belly button and boobs right up front on display.  As shown on Kate, there are tons of stylish and pretty maternity outfits; and they don't have to cost a fortune. Target and Kohl's have great selections of all sorts of maternity wear. As someone pointed out, Jill hasn't gained weight anywhere but in her belly, there's no reason she should look like the seams on her shirt are going to pop. They all need to buy a size up.

To me, the Duggar girls' maternity wear is the fundy equivalent of a low cut top or a string bikini; they've been taught all their lives that this is their only purpose; so they flaunt their pregnant bodies in very immodest ways.

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think it helps that Kate is 5'10" rail thin and carries small while the Duggar girls are short, pear shaped and carry stuck out on front. 

Kate is 5'7" and Jill is 5'4".  Jill reportedly weighed 115 lbs before marriage and pregnancy.  The biggest difference is that Kate has class and Jill thinks class is a homeschool course.  

0 0 1 Kate.jpg

• Love 11
(edited)

Actually, Kate is 5'9" and Jill is 5'7". Not that big of a difference. Joy and Jana are 5'4" and noticably shorter than Jill.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Babies and mothers also died at home for hundreds of years on a regular basis.  No way I'd have a home birth without some seriously trained and experienced nurse midwives, and then only if there were zero expected complications.

AND a nearby hospital!

• Love 2

I think that in addition to just being cheap and forcing clothes to stretch out as far into the pregnancy as possible, the Duggar girls just don't see anything at all sexual about pregnant bodies so modesty doesn't enter into it for them.*  And since formfitting clothes has been pretty standard in pregnancy for a while now (I don't know a single pregnant woman this day and age whose maternity wardrobe doesn't consist of a large amount of formfitting tops), they get to almost fit in with the rest of the world. I think there is a bit of showing off the god-ordained pregnancy , of course, but not as much as just them being cheap and lazy. 

*Remember when pictures of Jessa were posted in a foot fetish site? How much do you want to bet that she's on a pregnancy fetish sites as well? I'm not going to search because I just got rid of a vicious bit of malware and I'm not risking another, but it makes me laugh that they're all so ignorant about the fact that absolutely everything can and will be sexualized.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, queenanne said:

I agree, there absolutely are options, having had two pregnant coworkers in my white-collar office over the past couple years, who wore clearly drapey empire-type pregnancy stuff that doesn't banana-skin.  I grant this is the relatively cold East Coast where we've only had one 80-degree day thus far, but it's either "too cheap to buy actual maternity stuff and determined to limp by on the extant contents of our closets" for the Duggars and Dugg-adjacent; or some sort of weird flaunty "pregnancy is the one type of situation where I can get away wearing these types of shirts, without my pregnancy-worshiping matrilineal line and its products carping at me about looking like an unchristian floozy".  

I love this word. Fecund fundy floozy That's what Jill is, well all of the preggers, but since Jill is the only one participating...

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Actually, Kate is 5'9" and Jill is 5'7". Not that big of a difference. Joy and Jana are 5'4" and noticably shorter than Jill.

Here's what Google says according to its algorithms which choose the most trusted sources, based upon the quality of the websites where the information is found:

1.65 meters = 5'4"

1.75 meters = 5'7"

0 0 1 height.png

26 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I don't think Google is right this time. On that same picture it says Jessa is 1.68 m. Jessa is not taller than Jill. 

I don't know.  In some pictures Jessa looks taller and in some Jill looks taller.  In most pictures, you can't tell what shoes they are wearing.  At least we know that Jessa was barefoot on her wedding.

0 0 1 height.jpg

0 0 1 height 2.jpg

0 0 1 height 3.jpg