Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

As was explained to me on these boards a while a go; Derick and Jill are the mission. They don't need coloring books, crayons, ways to make clean water or sustainable income, condoms or first aid supplies because Jesus. Their sole purpose is to save folk's souls.  What the Dillards do is basically door-to-door evangelism, they just use a plane. 

What they don't know is crazy. Folks become members of gangs for so many reasons and finding God is not going to change those reasons. And folks live in poverty all over the world and finding God is not going to put food on the table. Finding God is not going to give children in orphanages families...  

In the Duggar/Dillard world God cures cancer and doles out TV shows to the few chosen devotees. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

As was explained to me on these boards a while a go; Derick and Jill are the mission. They don't need coloring books, crayons, ways to make clean water or sustainable income, condoms or first aid supplies because Jesus. Their sole purpose is to save folk's souls.  What the Dillards do is basically door-to-door evangelism, they just use a plane. 

What they don't know is crazy. Folks become members of gangs for so many reasons and finding God is not going to change those reasons. And folks live in poverty all over the world and finding God is not going to put food on the table. Finding God is not going to give children in orphanages families...  

In the Duggar/Dillard world God cures cancer and doles out TV shows to the few chosen devotees. 

Excellent points Geegolly. The weird thing is, the Duggars do buy into some version of buying souls with stuff (see dumdums, one supper per week, talking Bibles) but turn their noses up at actual useful things because "Who cares about clean water when you're going to HELL" (ummm... the people without clean water maybe?) 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

But they live a frugal lifestyle!!  They've been going to Dunkin Donuts instead!!!

What they surrender in quality, they make up for in quantity. Remember JB warning Jeremy he may need another job to support Jinger the thrift store guru? Sort of a contradiction to being frugal.

100 pairs of $1 shoes each = 1 $100 pair of shoes each

but math....

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

What they surrender in quality, they make up for in quantity. Remember JB warning Jeremy he may need another job to support Jinger the thrift store guru? Sort of a contradiction to being frugal.

100 pairs of $1 shoes each = 1 $100 pair of shoes each

but math....

Math is hard.....

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Math is hard.....

Yeah, it would be frugal if they made a lot of purchases for a lot of people, but JB debunked that theory with his advice to Jeremy, plus we've seen those storerooms at the TTH.

One of the episodes, I think Jill had a long list of things for the people coming down to DA to bring, why not support the local economy? They get the women to make jewelry, so do those people get the profits? Or is this a little abuse of the local people under the guise of teaching crafts. If it is to support their mission, we know where the money is going. They are missioning wrong.

• Love 4

Is there something they see as less godly about looking to help communities that are relatively local to where they live?  Without traveling?  I don't mean to disparage any real missionaries or groups who do travel, but, they see a need and then make it happen and really give of themselves.  I'm talking about the Dillards.

Edited by lookeyloo
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Is there something they see as less godly about looking to help communities that are relatively local to where they live?  Without traveling?  I don't mean to disparage any real missionaries or groups who do travel, but, they see a need and then make it happen and really give of themselves.  I'm talking about the Dillards.

Any locals would see right through Derick, and they don't depend on him for a crayon or a bag of rice. How would he get them to feign adoration?

• Love 4

I did chuckle watching the scenes when Derick, Jill and Izzy were leaving Central America because he was so sad to be leaving his friends. If I was his so-called friends, I would be celebrating the fact the two of them were leaving. Heck, I would be praying to God asking him to find ways to keep them from coming back.

1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

Any locals would see right through Derick, and they don't depend on him for a crayon or a bag of rice. How would he get them to feign adoration?

There are so many leghumpers I was guessing they could find a bunch of them who would be thrilled for a Duggar connection.

17 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I hadn't thought about this much -- Jill and Derick are so far from being actual missionairies, that I guess it's kind of pointless, but this is all very true.

The Duggars have made grifting their life's work, so why weren't Jill and Derick all over area churches looking for donations of all kinds -- medical supplies, school supplies, clothing, toys, etc. As far as I can tell, the most that they have done is put up a web page with a DONATE button.

If they really were missionairies at all, they would probably have returned to AR brimming with ideas of things that they could do to help people: we should stock up on X, but maybe try to get money to buy Y locally. They could have spoken to local merchants about selling some of the handicrafts that they are "teaching" the locals to create. They would have spoken at the churches of their donors telling people how their money was spent and what they hope to accomplish in the future. As far as I can tell, they did nothing more than loll around the TTH for months.

This would require W O R K.  How could they fit that in to their really busy schedules?  They have sinners to smite, Starbucks to buy, interpretive dances to do and make the DONATE button really big on the website.  

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, toodles said:

This would require W O R K.  How could they fit that in to their really busy schedules?  They have sinners to smite, Starbucks to buy, interpretive dances to do and make the DONATE button really big on the website.  

Even for some of these activities, they would try to get Jana to do them. After all, Muffy is incubating one of God's army, like the precious, helpless vessel that she is.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Do you think it's clicked in Jill's brain that she's going back to her personal prison? 

Good question. And do you think Derick knows he's bringing his wife back to her personal prison?

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Do you think it's clicked in Jill's brain that she's going back to her personal prison? 

Are you kidding?  Jill's going back to splash in the ocean.  It's in the mid 80s in Central America right now.  There's only one SOS missioncation tour between now and Jill's due date and it doesn't start until March 10th.  They've got three weeks to play around and spend all that money that came in from their latest solicitation for travel and food money.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Are you kidding?  Jill's going back to splash in the ocean.  It's in the mid 80s in Central America right now.  There's only one SOS missioncation tour between now and Jill's due date and it doesn't start until March 10th.  They've got three weeks to play around and spend all that money that came in from their latest solicitation for travel and food money.

And divvy up coloring books to one page per customer, crayons one to a customer. Crayons will be collected at the end of the two hour orphanage visit (sorry, kids...not sorry).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, toodles said:

And don't forget Catholics to convert.

• Love 2
On 2/18/2017 at 1:15 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Even LDS missionaries to modern places in first world areas give up transportation besides bicycles (there are exemptions when nothing else is available), have to delay marriage and kids until after, can only write family for a while, etc. Plus their primary focus is visitation and sharing their faith. No nail painting and sucker giving, then calling it a day.

LDS missionaries pay for their own mission.  My son will be serving in the near future.  Males get jobs before leaving and pay for everything except their rent and their transportation (car/bike/mass transit).  Sometimes parents will help out and sometimes they do not.  Part of serving is paying your own way. 

Derick and Jill blow my mind.  Why should I take my money and give it to them when they can't even work to help themselves????????????????

• Love 12
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

My pet theory on this is that because there's some saftey net in the US with services like medicaid and food stamps--which fundies are typically against--their local communities don't look impoverished enough to provide the good photo ups. When people comment on how poor in the US is rich in other places, it's a complaint on their part. They WANT poor people in the US to be literally starving and living in rundown shacks. 

• Love 2
On 2/19/2017 at 11:26 AM, Kiss my mutt said:

I'm sure there are plenty of unsaved, poor kids here they can hand out coloring books to. 

Those kids and their parents speak English and won't sign any type of paperwork so Jilly Muffin and Triple D won't have to answer uncomfortable questions about themselves and their family.

Ooops, did I say that?

• Love 5
On 2/19/2017 at 6:09 PM, cmr2014 said:

The Duggars have made grifting their life's work, so why weren't Jill and Derick all over area churches looking for donations of all kinds -- medical supplies, school supplies, clothing, toys, etc. As far as I can tell, the most that they have done is put up a web page with a DONATE button.

I am not a missionary and don't play one on TV.

The back-to-school specials: I found out something interesting this year. I called Brand X big box store that rhymes with Aples; they offer free shipping on their back to school loss leader items (pencils, crayons, paper, markers, glue sticks, whatever). I have big mobility challenges. I asked the guy if he would fill up a box of those loss leaders, charge me for them, and ship them to the local elementary school. He was thrilled to do so. It turns out that his wife is a teacher.

It would seem to me that TLC would help provide the items to pass out to the children of Danger America; it would be pennies compared to their production cost to film. One has to wonder why they are unwilling/unable to partner with a business to make this happen. Triple D and Jilly Muffin are too greedy to do so as well.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

It would seem to me that TLC would help provide the items to pass out to the children of Danger America; it would be pennies compared to their production cost to film. One has to wonder why they are unwilling/unable to partner with a business to make this happen. Triple D and Jilly Muffin are too greedy to do so as well.

Are. D3 and Muffy too greedy, or too ignorant and too idle?

1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Derick and Jill blow my mind.  Why should I take my money and give it to them when they can't even work to help themselves????????????????

Um, Because Jesus...you know they are special Snowflakes doing the Lord's work?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Knowing Boob, never. He's probably PROUD of them! 

But, first of all, they aren't even GOOD at it, because if they were, it wouldn't be so obvious.

Secondly, Muffy the Missionary has been kicked to the curb by Mean  Girl Jessa to help elevate the Duggar brand. Muffy does nothing for the brand. 

Finally, it appears Jessa has stopped grifting  because she reads posts and she smites the ones she dislikes by banning them.  But, from her behavior, it seems she took some of the critiques to heart.

If Boob were to find the Dillard grifting embarrassing, that would indeed be saying something.

• Love 2

I wonder how aware the Dillards are on how they are perceived by the normal population. Do you think TLC sits them down and says ok guys there seems to be backlash on you two so we are going to focus more on Jessa and jInger because they have actual personalities? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I wonder how aware the Dillards are on how they are perceived by the normal population. Do you think TLC sits them down and says ok guys there seems to be backlash on you two so we are going to focus more on Jessa and jInger because they have actual personalities? 

You would think the bollocking they've directly received about their SM posts, would have them cleaning up their act. However, I'm sure they feel it's simply persecution.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, toodles said:

This is why I never went on short term mission trips with others in my church. They went to the Philippines for 4-6 weeks at a time to support the local branch of our church by putting in a foundation for a new school, painting rooms, and putting in a playground...actual hard work stuff that benefited the community. The preaching and soul saving is done by Filipinos, not by pretentious white people. 

• Love 3

Not to mention the fact that Derick is not exactly hustling while he is in Central America. I feel like Derick is chilling and poking around...making a little small talk with some neighbors, practicing bad Spanish, avoiding meals.... 

Lazy is just such an obnoxious characteristic. 

As a brief aside, the LDS missionaries are required to log in a notebook every hour or something to account for their time.  Who, what and where.  It is checked weekly to make sure that guys working and also making sure that the guys are following up with opportunities etc.  The LDS church can be controlling but in this instance, it's a positive thing.  You don't send missionaries to clown around.  You sign up to do this mission and it needs to be done properly or go home.   

I'd LOVE to see a log book from Derick. 

• Love 8

Traveling to the Philippines from the US is a long flight and longer trips are necessary to justify the airfare, and not everyone who would go on that trip would be a native speaker of Tagalog or the many other languages spoken there. It makes sense to have the locals or native speakers  do the preaching and soul saving than pretentious white people who understand neither the language, customs, culture, or social mores. 

I thought maybe one day it might be nice to do a mission trip, but because the US doesn't have the type of paid leave policies that Canada and European countries have, it would have to be a very short one. My age and health might preclude me from doing more rigorous tasks in the heat, but there are plenty of ways to still be useful and helpful and make a difference in some way. I don't expect D3 or Muffy to dig ditches or frame houses or pour concrete, but helping at clinics, sorting supplies,preparing meals, assembling care kits, orientation for new helpers...doing something besides handing out DumDums and painting fingernails.

My dentist's office did one every year to Central America for 2 weeks. It was a lot of work and they paid their own way, but believed enough in giving back. Since Cancun is a 2 hour flight from most hub airports in Texas, relatively speaking, it doesn't take much longer to reach Central America, so CA, does make sense for short term mission trips. One doesn't need to proselytize -- there are lots of other things to do to make a difference.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2017 at 7:09 PM, cmr2014 said:

I hadn't thought about this much -- Jill and Derick are so far from being actual missionairies, that I guess it's kind of pointless, but this is all very true.

If they really were missionairies at all, they would probably have returned to AR brimming with ideas of things that they could do to help people: we should stock up on X, but maybe try to get money to buy Y locally. They could have spoken to local merchants about selling some of the handicrafts that they are "teaching" the locals to create. They would have spoken at the churches of their donors telling people how their money was spent and what they hope to accomplish in the future. As far as I can tell, they did nothing more than loll around the TTH for months.

I've been wondering: if the Dullards were indeed doing these kinds of things in Arkansas, would TLC be shooting footage?

I think so, because the Duggars are so painfully dull that TLC's always had to come up with scripted "projects" and trips so they have some footage to air. And if Dillweed and Muffy were actually working in AR to support their missions, that would be one less thing that TLC would have to create. Surely they could find enough people willing to be on teevee for TLC to shoot some of the Dullards' "mission support" activities. If any exist.

And if so, then the lack of any such footage indicates they're doing no such thing. OTOH I think that TLC's finding the Dullards to be much less airworthy than Jessa/Bin and Jinger/Babe. 

After all, it's reality TV which means they are creating a 'reality' to show us, and we'll usually never know what they choose to not show us.

• Love 4

Won't they be back for Joyless's wedding? I've been wondering if Jill will be the Matron of Honor or will it be Grandma or better yet Josiah (maid of honor).

Edited by Fuzzysox
Because I can't spell correctly. lol
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Won't they be back for Joyless's wedding? I've been wondering if Jill will be the Matron of Honor or will it be Granda or better yet Josiah.

If they go away for two months, they will be back by mid April, just in time for the festivities.

I think their job is to be the host family for the paying missioncationers.  They do camp director, den mother stuff.  Their time would be short, a little preparation, the time the missioncationers were there, and wrap up.  That seems to be their job.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Micks Picks said:

I think their job is to be the host family for the paying missioncationers.  They do camp director, den mother stuff.  Their time would be short, a little preparation, the time the missioncationers were there, and wrap up.  That seems to be their job.

That's more in line with what they're qualified for, but I don't think they should call themselves missionaries. It's more appropriate to say that they're den parents.

1 hour ago, Micks Picks said:

That's more in line with what they're qualified for, but I don't think they should call themselves missionaries. It's more appropriate to say that they're den parents.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Knowing Boob, never. He's probably PROUD of them! 

They updated the TTH for free when both Jilly Muffin and Jessa Blessa got married. He's probably trying to think up a "vow renewal" so they can make another haul.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

So if that's the case, what do they need $24k for?  Sorry.  I guess that's a rhetorical question.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, toodles said:

So if that's the case, what do they need $24k for?  Sorry.  I guess that's a rhetorical question.

It really just doesn't make sense. I guess we'll be treated to more photos of a grubby Giant White Baby because Muffy can't be bothered to bathe him.  And bug eyed selfies showing them eating salad out of plastic food containers.

3 minutes ago, Marigold said:

As each day passes, Jill and Derick get crazier and crazier.

I seriously wonder how it will end for those two.  In 3 years, what the heck are they going to be like????????????????????

Cue--Jill and David Rodrigues and their hoard of zombie children. That's where Jill and Derick and the shrinking white babies are headed, I fear. 

• Love 8

Wouldn't a real missionary spend their home time visiting churches and promoting their ministry?  I remember ministers coming through with slide shows to demonstrate what was going on, and of course there would be a collecting to help out their ministry.  Obviously DDD didn't do this or he would have mentioned it on social media.  I wonder what kind of planning and preparation goes into their missioncation as well.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Wouldn't a real missionary spend their home time visiting churches and promoting their ministry?  I remember ministers coming through with slide shows to demonstrate what was going on, and of course there would be a collecting to help out their ministry.  Obviously DDD didn't do this or he would have mentioned it on social media.  I wonder what kind of planning and preparation goes into their missioncation as well.

I don't think Derick plans anything. It's haphazard. 

Being a missionary is a full time job.  Not clown around time.  It should be treated with respect.  A missionary is representing his church/religion and that should present well.

Your time should be accounted for.  You should have solid plans and implement them. 

That Cross Church dodged a bullet by not commissioning them.  Any church should be embarrassed to have those two bimbos representing them. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

That Cross Church dodged a bullet by not commissioning them.  Any church should be embarrassed to have those two bimbos representing them. 

Now, Marigold, aren't you being a little unfair to bimbos?  Compared to the collective IQs of the Dillydumdums, bimbos are Rhodes scholars.

• Love 7