Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Jim Bob: Hey guys, People Magazine needs a picture of you announcing that you're having a boy.

*Jill looks up from her phone with a glazed expression while Isreal gnaws on three day old, dried macaroni*

Jim Bob: A picture Jill, a picture.

*DING, BUZZ*

Jim Bob: Jill, this the picture you texted your mom last night. Derick is in his sock feet....

*Jill shrugs and we hear the crumbs scratch underneath her dirty feet as she shuffles away to get far from Isreal. In the background we hear Isreal scream for Jana.*

You win the Internet today.  ??

• Love 1

A far cry from their first sex announcement with People. They don't even look like the same people: 

Oh, while I'm here, fuck you, Derick. (Click the hotlink in the tweet to see what he's reacting to.)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 12

I guess because he was an Eagle Scout and Dan is employed by them now? That's all I got. At any rate, repulsive. Then he claims he doesn't discriminate. Isn't that what that post and its link implied? 

Hypocrite. 

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's delusional. 

Indeed, but she's getting a royal bollocking from other posters in the Twittersphere.

Miss Cathy needs to find another hobby. Doesn't she have an adorbs grandbaby and one  son and DIL that seem somewhat less kooky than the Dillydumdums?

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 4
On 1/30/2017 at 6:53 PM, Christina87 said:

This pregnancy seems so sad to me. During their first one, they seemed so joyous, happy, and healthy. Derick had a great job with a legit employer, and it seemed like things would be so much better for them than anybody else. Now, there is obviously so much dysfunction in the marriage, and Jill seems to have a weak bond at best with her existing child. I do wonder if Jill will be happier raising this child in the states, and will bond with him, while Israel will be like a bad souvenir from her time in Danger America. I really hope not. At least he will have Jana and Cathy!

OMG, that is so sad. And hilarious. 

• Love 3

There's totally something so off about Jill and Derick.  No jobs, second kid on the way, health problems...feel sorry for Izzy. All we have to look forward to is even more questionable parenting  behavior posts.  

Revisit the swaddled "screaming grub" and filthy baby in unstable Bumbo chair, proving they haven't learned a bloody thing about parenting.  

• Love 6

The Dillard's are just as bat shit crazy as the Duggar's they just pretend better for the public eye. Also, the longer the girl's hair gets the worse they look and yes I will call them girls because they don't act like women, especially Jill. Screw them all and their self-righteous smugness since the election. (not inviting a political discussion per the mods instructions BTW).

Edited by maraleia
spelling mistake- due to continued rage about the world
  • Love 10

I am almost 100% convinced that this baby has serious health problems a la Zika, or is at least suspected to. All this rabid posting about abortion seemingly out of nowhere is weird, coupled with the glum demeanor about this pregnancy and general disengagement from the world around them. 

I wonder what Jessa really thinks about Jill's announcement. I wonder if she is laughing her ass off in the privacy of her own home. Now I'm sure that Jessa and Jana dressed Jill during her courtship, because she clearly doesn't have the fashion sense to pull that off. 

I wonder why Jill always wears those frumpy, one-color tops that somehow manage to be baggy and skin-tight at the same time. They look borrowed from Michelle's wardrobe, and are unflattering on anybody. Since Jill gained weight with Izzy, and is now pregnant, she would look good in something that doesn't highlight every bump. That purple top she wore on the bicycle in this week's episode showed where her bra straps dug into her back, and she is not fat at all! Why can't she wear something looser and trendier, or even a hoodie? Those tops are the worst for her age and body type!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, maraleia said:

Yep that's me and I did the same thing with his mom.

I hate this family so much and right now my hate for them is at an all time high.

I don't Twit or Tweet, but thanks for for your contribution!!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh dear. Derick and his mom are batshit crazy. 

And when is Derick going to learn that one can't post 'roses suck'. Then post an hour later that one 'supports all flowers'?

Yeah, that's what I meant in my first post about the transgender post. He totally tried to backtrack out of it. I guess he felt the heat (didn't read the comments...I can't figure out how to half the time). And that, my snarker friends, is the textbook definition of a hypocrite. 

He loves all people, just some more than others. /sarcasm

• Love 2

I think they deserve to be ridiculed for their social media posts because until they are taken off of TV and magazines they are public figures and are constantly shilling for their brand of backward ideas on the very platforms that were created by liberal Silicon Valley people.

• Love 6

Some posts were removed because they were only discussing the comments of other people on Twitter or were getting too political. Please make sure your comments are about Derick and Jill and Israel. Thank you.

And please don't post links or images of tweets about the families take on current events or politics. 

• Love 3

The message I  am getting from Cathy's tweet is "Jill dear, please stop after this baby."    

Cathy ‏@cldilla

A very special 'pattern'-- 2 Dillard boys, 2 Dillard boys, 2 Dillard boys! 3 generations now! @derick4Him @JustDanD_

• Love 3

We should've realized Derick was nuts when he was photographed in the hospital barefoot, after Israel's birth!!!  Remember that?  We were all like "Yuck!" but didn't connect the crazy dots. 

WTF is with the cowboy hat?  Do guys his age wear cowboy hats in Arkansas?  I'm from the NYC area and to me, it's looks kooky but maybe that is a cultural thing. Derick is a freaking accountant turned pretend missionary.  A cowboy hat?? Seriously?  For a baby announcement? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

WTF is with the cowboy hat?  Do guys his age wear cowboy hats in Arkansas?  I'm from the NYC area and to me, it's looks kooky but maybe that is a cultural thing. Derick is a freaking accountant turned pretend missionary.  A cowboy hat?? Seriously?  For a baby announcement? 

Yeah, it's too small for his head. Looks ridiculous. Lived in Texas almost all my life and never owned a cowboy hat. Have borrowed Mr E's for Go Texan Day at work.

You see them in Texas, but mostly on ranchers and farmers and of course, at the rodeo, but the men and women who wear them do so with pride, as in NOT Dillard sloppy. These are often expensive, well made hats acoupled with Lucchesse boots (expensive but one pair is all you'll ever need since they hold up for YEARs...they're meant to be scuffed up and used by ranchers because they last...You don't see the hats now as much as when I was younger, but boots are still often seen.

Was always a classic rock/British rock, metal, and punk kind of girl...never liked country music all that much, though I find the lyrics are often humorous and clever.  But you don't have to be a country music fan to know that if one is going to don a cowboy hat, please wear one that fits.

Is he going for the Crocodile DumbD look? It boggles the mind.

• Love 2

It almost looks like the cowboy hat was meant for Izzy, but it ended up on Derick's head for whatever reason.

I don't think the baby has Zika problems.  Microcephaly doesn't really show up in the first trimester even if Jill was having real prenatal appointments with a real OBGyn with a real 11 week ultrasound.  The pregnancy announcement was when all the abortion speak started, so if it was caused by any abornormalities it would have to be from something spotted early.  Unless it's something that was determined from a heartbeat, I just don't see Jill getting the appropriate care she needs to find out about any abnormalities.  Even if she had diagnosed Zika in CA.

On 1/25/2017 at 2:32 PM, GeeGolly said:

I'm afraid I may be more Duggar in this category than Jill. When my kids were little we made personal pizzas, which consisted of toasted English Muffins, jarred spaghetti sauce and whatever toppings we could find in the fridge like peppers, mushrooms, salami, ham, etc, topped with Parmesan cheese.

I call those stoner pizzas and they are yummy.  

• Love 5

I've never seen a family wellness visit before. The entire family goes in the office at once?

It just seems like the Dullards can't generate anything interesting in their lives so they FU the internet that Derelict is looking into medical issues after public criticism of his deteriorating appearance. How can the couple that left the compound and went to Danger America, not fill in segment for a reality show. Now that they are back in captivity, they are even less interesting. Jill's hard drive is continually wiped clean to the point she had to ask Derelict to confirm how many weeks she was into the pregnancy. C'mon, you don't want to risk that answer Jill? She wants what he wants. She is a husk of a person. That's fine if that's what the Duggs are into, but why is it on tv?

Their spirit animal is Eeyore.

• Love 9
On 2/1/2017 at 8:14 AM, lookeyloo said:

So will Dan quit in protest?  From what I understand the Boy Scouts still don't accept gay/transgender leaders, because we know heterosexual men *never* act "inappropriately" around young boys, now, do they??

You know that the distinction between "gay/transgender" and "pedophile" is completely lost on them.

@sometimesy, not Eyeore! He's just a little pessimistic. These guys are.....more problematic.

Edited by MargeGunderson
Fixed - thanks for the correction Maraleia!
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

You know that the distinction between "gay/transgendered" and "pedophile" is completely lost on them.

Yep and the delusion is so deep that Cathy actually responded to my tweets with an invitation for coffee when she visits Chicago. I'm finding their lack of knowledge disturbing and funny at the same time.

Also, for future reference you can leave the ed off of transgender per grammar rules.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

No, not Eeyore. Eeyore was the way he was because he had a nail in his bum. Who wouldn't complain if they had that?

i would say a sloth is their spirit animal.  Lazy, slow, matted and unkempt, and only moves out of its tree to defecate on the ground and then climbs back up. Apologies to sloths since they are at least kind of too cute to be compared to these two.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, maraleia said:

Yep and the delusion is so deep that Cathy actually responded to my tweets with an invitation for coffee when she visits Chicago. I'm finding their lack of knowledge disturbing and funny at the same time.

May I come, as well?  I have airline miles.

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, sheshark said:

May I come, as well?  I have airline miles.

Sure but the thing is she thinks she'll be able to sway me toward right-wing Christian fundie thinking and she has no idea who she is dealing with. I haven't responded yet because I find the whole thing comical.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, maraleia said:

Sure but the thing is she thinks she'll be able to sway me toward right-wing Christian fundie thinking and she has no idea who she is dealing with. I haven't responded yet because I find the whole thing comical.

I recognized your name as soon as I read her post. I came back here to raise a titter about that. I was really surprised she engaged. You should totally have coffee with her. If you put 'em out there, you invite challenges to your beliefs. It's an opportunity!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, maraleia said:

Ooooh, yes, please do it and report back!  That would be so much more interesting than snarking on this boring show!

• Love 2

OK I'll tell her I'm open to coffee with her.

Should I tell her we were hoping they (the Dillard's) would introduce Jill to the rest of the world since both Derick and Dan went to actual school and college but were disappointed that the opposite thing happened? That we were excited when Jill broke the Jim Bob courtship rules and hugged Derick in the airport and actually went to a play in NYC.

Edited by maraleia
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I've never seen a family wellness visit before. The entire family goes in the office at once?

It just seems like the Dullards can't generate anything interesting in their lives so they FU the internet that Derelict is looking into medical issues after public criticism of his deteriorating appearance. How can the couple that left the compound and went to Danger America, not fill in segment for a reality show. Now that they are back in captivity, they are even less interesting. Jill's hard drive is continually wiped clean to the point she had to ask Derelict to confirm how many weeks she was into the pregnancy. C'mon, you don't want to risk that answer Jill? She wants what he wants. She is a husk of a person. That's fine if that's what the Duggs are into, but why is it on tv?

Besides just being boring and unappealing people in a general sense, I also think that they must be truly heinous beyond what they believe. It's not that they want to give the cameras as little as possible while still getting that TLC check, it's that their activities are so objectionable that even they are smart enough to know not to share it with the public (or, more likely, TLC says "No way can we show that.").

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, maraleia said:

Should I tell her we were hoping they (the Dillard's) would introduce Jill to the rest of the world since both Derick and Dan went to actual school and college but were disappointed that the opposite thing happened? That we were excited when Jill broke the Jim Bob courtship rules and hugged Derick in the airport and actually went to a play in NYC.

And I will bring the Jameson's.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, maraleia said:

OMG,  Yesssssss! We're still hoping. I want Jill to have real school and real credentials that mean something, real fresh fruit and vegetables, real friends, and get good prenatal and medical care, and real therapy to deal with her issues.  And even though many of us find their brand of idealism repugnant, what upsets us more than any of that, it's seeing how woefully unprepared the Duggar offspring are for everything.

And that though we snark on them a lot, we actually show genuine concern for her wellbeing as well as that of Jill and Derick, even more so than many of their fellow leghumpers...Tell her, Maraleia!

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, maraleia said:

She followed me on twitter. This is going to be interesting because if any of you follow my tweets they are rage filled political screeds and stuff about queer and POC focused episodic TV.

Well, well....I think you might just be the one to give her the education she so desperately needs, either directly or indirectly.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Regarding family office visits, I don't think they're a thing. My initial [horrified] reaction was that they were there for Izzy, and Derick just fired off questions while he was there. That would be sooooo annoying for a doctor. He should have just given him some vague possibilities and offered to schedule a separate appointment later. I get so annoyed scheduling doctor's appointments, because I WORK. Derick doesn't. He should just come in another day instead of wasting the doctor's time!!!

• Love 1

I call FU Internet on the whole doctor visit because people have been questioning Derick and Jill's health. She has a possible problem with arteries in her neck, and she waiting two weeks to have a test while she is trying to get pregnant. Most doctors would tell the patient to put aside trying to get pregnant and wait for the test results to come since possible plaque buildup in her arteries can lead to a stroke and danger for her and her baby. Of course common sense is not common among the Duggars and spouses. And Derick waited another two years to see the doctor after he kept getting sick. I swear they both have the common sense God gave a goose. No I take it back, geese are a lot smarter and have it more together than all the Duggar clan combine.

My son has the same shirt from the baby announcement. I think it's a Cat and Jack shirt from Target (his was a Christmas gift so I'm not positive).

I wonder if Jill and Derrick even like each other, never mind actually in love with each other.

• Love 1