Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Why are they even over there? They're not doing anything.

Well, S.O.S. has to pretend it has a mission, and for that it needs people being pseudo missionaries. If S.O.S. doesn't have missionaries of a sort to trot out, then the U.S. missioncationers would have to admit that they're not visiting and helping out in a Danger America mission but that they're only VAcationers. They're paying for a trip that will allow them to feel self-righteous instead of self-indulgent, and unless there are pretend missionaries there for them to pretend to help, then it would only be a week at the beach. Basically, I think Jill and Derick serve the purpose of providing cover for a bunch of U.S. fundies to take beach vacations and for the S.O.S. guy to run a tourist operation while pretending that he's serving God.

1 hour ago, Marigold said:

The Duggars certainly like to share...especially dental issues.  We have been treated to how many wisdom teeth removals???!!!! Why not explain Derick's surgery?  

I wonder whether this is because he's not a "real" Duggar. They don't give much importance to anyone who's not, seems to me.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Marigold said:

I do wish that Jill or Derick explained the surgery.  . . .

The Duggars certainly like to share...especially dental issues.  We have been treated to how many wisdom teeth removals???!!!! Why not explain Derick's surgery?  

I doubt it occurred to either of the Dullards that they need to explain anything. For a lot of reasons, including naïveté, ignorance, and entitlement.

Ignorance: Jill didn't have any part in deciding what was included in 19K&C - including the dental work. The producers did that. What the Duggars "shared" on the show was shot and selected by the production company. Although Boob and MEchelle I'm sure totally scripted what was said in all the THs, unless a young kid just blurted something out. I doubt that Jill could even tell you which if any dentist visits were shown on the show.

Naïveté and entitlement: Jilly Moonbeam probably just thinks that God made her family famous, and she has all these fans and a TLC contract because she's a Duggar and deserves it, and people are enriched and inspired by all the shit she shares on social media. Because it's all part of her mission. Derick has no background as a reality TV star, and strikes me as almost as moonbeam-ish as his wife. Doubt it crossed his mind that sharing info about his serious surgery would be appropriate or that it would be anybody else's business. Or, maybe it crossed his mind but he feared that disclosing that he is in the middle of a long-ish multi-stage medical procedure, would detract from "Dillard Ministries." People might question his quitting a job with health insurance and hauling his family to Central America just after the first procedure, and worse yet, would hesitate to donate to his cause.

Ugh. I've thought way too much about this. **facepalm**

• Love 10

and I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks. 

Ummm, what is the name of this procedure?  (furtively checks insurance to see if it's covered for non-dental weight loss purposes)

Jill looks pretty in that photo. Probably because you can't blow bubbles and cartoonishly raise your eyebrows at the same time.

• Love 7

Jill Moonbeam!!!  That's hysterical. Love it.

Jill overshares inappropriate information like the name of Cathy's biological mother, for example. Why not tweet that Derick's surgery is actually a process? 

Those two are so crazy. They are lost in la-la land. Delusional thinking. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jill Moonbeam!!!  That's hysterical. Love it.

Jill overshares inappropriate information like the name of Cathy's biological mother, for example. Why not tweet that Derick's surgery is actually a process? 

Those two are so crazy. They are lost in la-la land. Delusional thinking. 

I know. I have asked them both on social media to address it, in the name of Jesus, to help others....

• Love 3
7 hours ago, CofCinci said:

That's what Derick wants. 

To be fair, it's what Muffy wants as well. She's used to cooking TTC and changing diapers, so her life really isn't much different aside from location.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, teevee4me said:

I know. I have asked them both on social media to address it, in the name of Jesus, to help others....

You mean to ENCOURAGE others. You have to be very specific or they won't know what you're talking about.

• Love 3

I think Jill is always going to look sort of pregnant even when she isn't. Izzy was the size of an elephant and Jill carried large and stuck out in front. Throw in the damage to her muscles from the c-section and it's unlikely she'll ever have a flat stomach again. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jill is always going to look sort of pregnant even when she isn't. Izzy was the size of an elephant and Jill carried large and stuck out in front. Throw in the damage to her muscles from the c-section and it's unlikely she'll ever have a flat stomach again. 

She has quite a matronly figure for her age.

• Love 8

Yeah, she's always had that pooch post-Izzy. Before Izzy, Jill had a pretty pronounced pear shape. Now she has boobs, she's evened out. I agree that this is probably as good as her body is ever going to get. Poor Jill had almost zero time to flaunt her hot young body around the bedroom before she got as big as a house with Izzy. Then again, she's born to breed, so I'm sure she did more flaunting beyond what we saw on social media. 

• Love 2

She has quite a matronly figure for her age.

I was just coming here to say that, and Derek actually looks handsome there.  If he gained about 50 pounds, he wouldn't be bad. He looks like he's wearing a bracelet like the type you get upon entrance to amusement parks. "Danger America-- The Experience."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

I was just coming here to say that, and Derek actually looks handsome there.  If he gained about 50 pounds, he wouldn't be bad. 

I'm sorry, I just can't get past the mandles and his boney floppy feet. Ugh

2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I was just coming here to say that, and Derek actually looks handsome there.  If he gained about 50 pounds, he wouldn't be bad. He looks like he's wearing a bracelet like the type you get upon entrance to amusement parks. "Danger America-- The Experience."

I thought he looked good there too. What is that bracelet? He couldn't possibly be wearing a Fitbit, could he?

Jill would look better with a skirt that wasn't knit and a more supportive bra. Undergarments are the key to turning matronly into womanly. My boss does the same thing - she had a child nearly three years ago and walks around the office in knit dresses with underthings that don't fit her (think panty lines and bra bulges.) When she actually tries, say for an important meeting, and wears something with support her figure actually looks pretty good. There's a reason God made underwire and spanx ;)

• Love 3

Jill's not the type of celebrity who is obsessed about getting their "pre-baby" body back. Or at least, she's not the type of celebrity that tabloids can easily write stories about her gaining her "pre-baby" body back. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jill's not the type of celebrity who is obsessed about getting their "pre-baby" body back. Or at least, she's not the type of celebrity that tabloids can easily write stories about her gaining her "pre-baby" body back. 

I agree. I don't think Jill spends a lot of time checking herself out in the mirror wondering if her outfits flatter her. As long as her shoulders to knees are covered she is good to go.

When she dressed in the TTH, she probably had to wait 5 minutes for Jessa's reflection to fade from the mirror anyway.

• Love 20
22 hours ago, lulu69 said:

I'm sorry, I just can't get past the mandles and his boney floppy feet. Ugh

I know, right? I guess as long as Muffy loves Scruffy, that's all that matters.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all. 

Has the man bun disappeared??? Please not let it be so....I want to see that constipated frog face of disapproval on Legohead really, really badly....

• Love 4

Almost the only iota of suspense or surprise that Jinger and Jeremy: Cashing In could possibly offer me, is whether they will give the toxic Duggar 'rents any airtime, and if so how much. I'd love to see JB's "constipated frog face of disapproval" (brilliant, @Arwen Evenstar!) and I'd hope the TLC editing monkeys would enjoy slipping it into the final cut.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I know, right? I guess as long as Muffy loves Scruffy, that's all that matters.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all. 

Has the man bun disappeared??? Please not let it be so....I want to see that constipated frog face of disapproval on Legohead really, really badly....

Well, his hair was slicked back into it a few days ago in the last pic we saw. They can leave as early as today; it could be toast by Jenni's party this weekend.

Derick really looks like he belongs in the mission field. He just really seems to have taken to it (and would probably be fine to live more like the locals). I think if he wasn't so religious, he would be a stereotypical hippie. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, DoctorWhovian said:

Derick really looks like he belongs in the mission field. He just really seems to have taken to it (and would probably be fine to live more like the locals). I think if he wasn't so religious, he would be a stereotypical hippie. 

I agree, like if he wasn't stuck with Jill he'd be drinking Coronas at the local Cantina and watching soccer games on the bar's tv. Despite the Fundie dorkiness, Derick seems like he can blend pretty well into any environment. I think Jill is having a tougher time because she's so poorly socialized. She isn't used to making friends and looking outside her family group for entertainment.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, DoctorWhovian said:

It would be nice if he had some skills to share.  Actually, I hope that small business loan thing works out--I know it has been successful  in other areas.  Unfortunately I couldn't entrust my charitable dollars to him or SOS.

I would think Derick could really help with his accounting degree if he volunteered for the Peace Corps, which actually focuses on skills needed in developing nations. His current mission seems totally useless, except as a tour guide for missioncationers.

\

• Love 4

Dreck took this pic this during a layover. Sign above Jilly Muffin is in English only. Dallas? At any rate, they'll be back in NWA at some point today. No clue how long ago this was taken, but they wasted no time getting out of DA after the missioncationers left yesterday. 

CpDM4GTUAAAgyPY.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Dreck took this pic this during a layover. Sign above Jilly Muffin is in English only. Dallas? At any rate, they'll be back in NWA at some point today. No clue how long ago this was taken, but they wasted no time getting out of DA after the missioncationers left yesterday. 

CpDM4GTUAAAgyPY.jpg

Yep, dfwairport

• Love 2
On August 3, 2016 at 0:29 AM, BitterApple said:

This may be about as good as Jill's figure is going to get.  A woman's abdominal muscles are forever changed both by the pregnancy and the surgery and it's not always possible to return to one's pre-baby body.  Hence, the PPP (perpetual pregnancy pooch).   A few lucky women can, but most I know have not been able to, unless they can afford a personal trainer and plastic surgery.  Or have amazing genes.  

I had two big babies, one 10 lbs 4 ozs and the other 12 lbs, both by cesarean.  After 15 years of trying, I still can't get rid of my PPP.  I gave up and named it Fred.  

Oh, and I would think that the PPP is a badge of honor in fundie circles.  So no real rush to get rid of it.

Edited by Lady Edith
Had another thought
  • Love 9

Derek's bun is neat and tidy.

That random girl toddler (with one sock on!) is cute.

Jill's skirt, however, ain't.

At first I thought it was palazzo pants though, so better than that reeking horror I guess.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, queenanne said:

Derek's bun is neat and tidy.

That random girl toddler (with one sock on!) is cute.

Jill's skirt, however, ain't.

At first I thought it was palazzo pants though, so better than that reeking horror I guess.

Wait, palazzo pants are a reeking horror? I practically live in those. They seem to be the only pants style that flatters my shape :(

Just ordered a couple more pairs off Amazon because my old ones were starting to fall apart. 

• Love 3

I wonder how philosophically different Fundies regard gauchos or palazzo pants vs culottes. Culottes are hideous, but gauchos and palazzo pants are far more stylish. Palazzo pants and split skirts are loose fitting and drape nicely. Not sure why these garments aren't Fundy approved as they aren't designated as male garments.  

That said, I'm with Jynnan Tonnix on Team Palazzo....I'm kind of short and they disguise my high waist and French bread legs and other aspects of my presently matronly figure.  Maybe the Duggars regard any properly fitting garment that isn't frumpy or dumpy as immodest.  They're always crowing about how modest they are.  It occurred to me the other day that most people who work in offices wear modest clothing...we don't crow about how modest we are ....it's just common sense.

• Love 5

Unless she's using the waist band of that skirt as a bra, I'd bet on it actually being a maxi dress that she threw a sweater or one of those "popcorn" tops over.  Because modesty, y'all.

Can't comment on the print, it's not my personal style, but then again I pretty much look like I'm taking the yacht out after work here today. (Haha!  I will I owned a yacht ...)

• Love 1

I dig the tidy man-bun look on Derek.  It suits him.

Fight for the right to keep the bun!  Point out to Boob that at least you're not polluting the atmosphere with 147 cans of Aqua-Net per year.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I dig the tidy man-bun look on Derek.  It suits him.

Fight for the right to keep the bun!  Point out to Boob that at least you're not polluting the atmosphere with 147 cans of Aqua-Net per year.

Boob doesn't believe in pollution and climate change.  If the Godman didn't want him to have plastic hair, the Godman wouldn't have invented Aquanet.

• Love 9