Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I'm thinking asking for donations to help these boys is just another scheme by the Dullards. The tutor mom probably knows nothing about it & would never see a dollar from the donations. I guess the Dullards bank account is running a little low.

That Zika virus thing is scary, especially since its mosquito driven. I'm with you JoanArc, they probably arent up on the news. Hopefully, Cathy is.

I agree they are probably are unaware or think it won't happen to them. However it would be a good time for Jill to use her Midwife expertise to spread awareness, and find ways to help pregnant woman reduce their risk of getting bitten by a mosquito.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3

I agree they are probably are unaware or think it won't happen to them. However it would be a good time for Jill to use her Midwife expertise to spread awareness, and find ways to help pregnant woman reduce their risk to getting bitten by a mosquito.

Jilly Muffin wouldn't know how to spread that "expertise" if a mosquito bit her in the face. She has NO science education, for instance. Obviously, she would have no idea that mosquitoes can spread contagion through bites. She would not be interested in telling the women in their area that it's best to sleep with a net around one's bed, let alone obtaining those nets to pass out. She probably thinks praying is sufficient to ward off the mosquitoes.

I can't imagine a convo with Jilly Muffin. It probably goes like this. Weather. Weather. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Weather. Jesus. Derick made me breakfast. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Weather. Izzy got a tooth. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.

• Love 12

Jilly Muffin wouldn't know how to spread that "expertise" if a mosquito bit her in the face. She has NO science education, for instance. Obviously, she would have no idea that mosquitoes can spread contagion through bites. She would not be interested in telling the women in their area that it's best to sleep with a net around one's bed, let alone obtaining those nets to pass out. She probably thinks praying is sufficient to ward off the mosquitoes.

I can't imagine a convo with Jilly Muffin. It probably goes like this. Weather. Weather. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Weather. Jesus. Derick made me breakfast. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Weather. Izzy got a tooth. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.

Perfect! But if she is anything like Michelle, eventually she won't notice a baby getting a tooth.

• Love 2

She would not be interested in telling the women in their area that it's best to sleep with a net around one's bed, let alone obtaining those nets to pass out. She probably thinks praying is sufficient to ward off the mosquitoes.

That's what missionaries are for, silly! Jill and Derrick are too busy being immersed! If they were really smart (Jill: Take Notes!) they'd be asking for $500 to pay for netting and citronella candles. It's the perfect blend of Jill's 'expertise' and a current event, so of course they won't think of it.

• Love 5

Don't forget, Derick said they're there to SAVE SOULS, not to actually HELP the local populace in any practical way. So, no, "extra" donations will not be earmarked for mosquito nets.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Don't forget, Derick said they're there to SAVE SOULS, not to actually HELP the local populace in any practical way. So, no, "extra" donations will not be earmarked for mosquito nets.

For people who claim to give a shit about baybeeeeees they do nothing to help them. (Don't worry Jill, the one that died were baptized by Catholics who give a shit).

• Love 5

And gosh, WHAT WOULD JESUS DO in this situation? Jesus would bring nets, citronella candles and instruction on how to use them. He'd get the Disciples to pass them out and offer practical assistance. That's secondary to what Jilly Muffin and Triple D want, so it doesn't matter, does it? Their missioncation, their donations and their "saving of souls" will always come in second to what Christ commands, won't it?

If they're not willing to offer the practical help Christ commands they must for the poor and needy, they can freaking leave the country.

• Love 9

I agree they are probably are unaware or think it won't happen to them. However it would be a good time for Jill to use her Midwife expertise to spread awareness, and find ways to help pregnant woman reduce their risk of getting bitten by a mosquito.

Or, Jill can help women finds ways to avoid getting pregnant! Yeah, right!

• Love 6

New York Times is confirming the first U.S. Zika virus case, in Hawaii. The mother had visited Brazil last May. The CDC is recommending pregnant women, and women who may become pregnant, avoid many CA and SA countries. They have all the countries listed, including Guatamala. The baby affected by the virus has an underdeveloped head.

He has microcephaly, affecting skull and brain size.

• Love 1

I can't post links through my phone, but Pickles has a post up where the Dullards are asking for another $500 on top of the original $500 they requested to send those two boys to language school. If this is so important to them, why don't the flipping Duggars kick in a lousy $500 bucks? Boob just spent a small fortune flying half his brood down to CA for a tropical vacation, so it should be chump change for him.

Btw, I clicked on the Dillard Family Ministry link on the Duggars' FB page and it immediately directed me to the donation site. Stay classy, Dullards.

• Love 20

I can't post links through my phone, but Pickles has a post up where the Dullards are asking for another $500 on top of the original $500 they requested to send those two boys to language school. If this is so important to them, why don't the flipping Duggars kick in a lousy $500 bucks? Boob just spent a small fortune flying half his brood down to CA for a tropical vacation, so it should be chump change for him.

Absolutely. This makes me so angry. Why don't THEY donate, and not advertise it? They're trying to publicize their good deeds without actually having to do any.

• Love 11

Btw, I clicked on the Dillard Family Ministry link on the Duggars' FB page and it immediately directed me to the donation site. Stay classy, Dullards.

No, this is the original plea. It says that they've received almost enough donations for one kid, but need  $500 more for the second. They did not specify how much in donations they originally received. 

• Love 1

No, this is the original plea. It says that they've received almost enough donations for one kid, but need $500 more for the second. They did not specify how much in donations they originally received.

Thanks for the clarification, SewSumi. I have a tough time keeping their scams straight.

• Love 3

I'm thinking asking for donations to help these boys is just another scheme by the Dullards. The tutor mom probably knows nothing about it & would never see a dollar from the donations. I guess the Dullards bank account is running a little low.

That Zika virus thing is scary, especially since its mosquito driven. I'm with you JoanArc, they probably arent up on the news. Hopefully, Cathy is.

I thought the same except I figured they'd ask for way more than $500 for a low bank account. I think that confused me more than if they'd asked for $50,000 Don't know the value of a $?  $500 goes really, really far in Central America?  I just thought it was an odd amount.

And I'll just go on record as saying I hate mosquitos! We get aerial spraying around here all the time for West Nile and it freaks me out. Zika seems far worse. 

Btw, I clicked on the Dillard Family Ministry link on the Duggars' FB page and it immediately directed me to the donation site. Stay classy, Dullard

If it's so important to them why not spend the $1000 on language classes for THEMSELVES?  They are so freaking frustrating.

• Love 5

The $500 on top of all the "love offerings" they've already received (but don't realistically need at all) is bad enough. 

Makes me wonder how many of those original "love offerings" they had to refund.

• Love 1

I think its quite obvious a few of the brood mares offspring are not playing cards with the full deck.Jill seems to behave and speak like a ten year old girl.

I think as some of the younger ones grow and become more vocal,it will be more noticable.

Every picture I see of Josie gives me a serious, neck prickling feeling of "Ohh. There are some PROBLEMS here, honey. Mm-hm." Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 3

Every picture I see of Josie gives me a serious, neck prickling feeling of "Ohh. There are some PROBLEMS here, honey. Mm-hm."

And they will ignore it all or pray it away,take a look at poor Pricilla Keller as an example.

Look at how Mechelle brushed off Josies attack!

Jill is failing at motherhood even worse than Michelle. To her credit, wasn't Michelle something like five or six kids deep before she had her laundry room breakdown? Jill can't even handle one, and Izzy seems like a relatively calm baby.

This is beyond bizarre to me. Is Jill stupid? Somewhere on the autism spectrum (not saying autistic people are stupid, but asking if Jill has some sort of processing disorder - I still think she is low iq as well as some sort of disorder)? Is her learning ability really that stunted due to her upbringing?

I mean seriously, she is another one who is not a natural mother. Clearly. She can't make basic decisions. She might be able to open a book and look at the words, but she retains twisted and inaccurate 'facts' instead of being able to put 2 and 3 together.

How on earth does a grown ass woman who already raised four or five siblings from infancy to at least middle school have such a difficult time handling one baby. Her OWN baby. How does she not know by now that teething babies chew and need something besides paper. That if you have a errand or 1 hour scheduled appointment, you get a sitter or schedule it when your baby is napping.

She is incompetent.

For someone whose whole life has revolved around pregnancy, birthin' babies and raising a huge family, Jill is a major dumbass. Totally.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 15

This is my belief as well. I'm not saying all men do this, but I know plenty who have chosen to work the night shift so they get to sleep the entire day and then leave for the entire night to get a break from their wife and kids. Derick going to class alone to get a break from Jill and Iz makes sense.

Absolutely. Or like men who love to travel for work so they get a few evenings to just veg in a hotel room eating pizza and watching baseball without three kids whining. It is selfish, but not that unusual.

As clingy as Jill is - she's Stage 55 if that's possible - I couldn't imagine not feeling smothered. The whole helpless helmeet sounds appealing to men who need a reason to be authoritative, but hobestly, having a spouse who can't make basic life decisions without permission, or be alone for five minutes - that sounds like hell on earth. Even my obedient (sometimes) Lhasa Apso will get sick of my husband and me and go hide under the bed.

• Love 11

Razzleberry, I think it's because for as many kids the Duggars have, they know jack shit about child development; what's normal, what isn't. I've watched the show since the beginning and even small toddlers were left to their own devices or supervised by siblings just a year or two older. The family warehouses kids and meets their basic needs, but doesn't do much more beyond that.

Additionally, I think Jill is just dumb. Like, doesn't have even a mid-level IQ dumb. The lights are on, but no one's home.

• Love 10

Razzleberry, I think it's because for as many kids the Duggars have, they know jack shit about child development; what's normal, what isn't. I've watched the show since the beginning and even small toddlers were left to their own devices or supervised by siblings just a year or two older. The family warehouses kids and meets their basic needs, but doesn't do much more beyond that.

Additionally, I think Jill is just dumb. Like, doesn't have even a mid-level IQ dumb. The lights are on, but no one's home.

Dumb and brainwashed. I seen a huge difference in some people who are not very 'high IQ' intelligent or educated, but just naturally are more nurturing. Some people who have never been around babies just have an instinct and know what to try, or have an interest and want to learn and apply as much as possible.

Dumbass Clinger Jill THINKS she knows everything and has picked and chosen weird tidbits from Gothardy boons, but still doesn't have a clue. Worst part is, she's one to pontificate and tell everyone else how to 'do things a little differently' - but her ways put lives at risk. Note: Jessa's homebirth and Jill's own homebirth. It's one thing to insist you know the BEST way to curl your hairC but worst case scenario is the curl doesn't hold or you burn a strand. With midwifery and foreign missions, somebody is going to get killed.

At least with Priscilla Keller, she maybe isn't articulate, and the jury is out if she is low iq or brainwashed, but she really is a hands on, dedicated, attentive mother. I think a lot of it is natural instinct for her, plus, she is actually trying to learn. Learn facts and figures, but also to learn to identify and anticipate how to respond to her babies needs. Jill is just way out there. Way out there.

• Love 7

Jesus for president?

So Jill was taught to train babies and doesn't seem to have any instinct when it comes to Izzy. What is Derick's excuse?

chrisjana1976

"I believe anyone that excepts Jesus Christ as there savior is a christian. If they believe that Jesus died for their sins they are Christian. There are aspects of catholicism that I do not follow but I do not condemn them for their beliefs."

chrisjana1976

"I believe anyone that excepts Jesus Christ as there savior is a christian. If they believe that Jesus died for their sins they are Christian. There are aspects of catholicism that I do not follow but I do not condemn them for their beliefs."

Well alrighty, then. She sure done a mic-drop on that 'un.
  • Love 1

on Duggar Family Official Facebook page, they're asking for $$ again, on the Dullards behalf. Well, supposedly to put those boys through English school. They're getting really specific now - asking for $500.

But get a job Duggars. Imagine if normal people did this

• Love 3

chrisjana1976

A case of unfortunate spelling if I ever saw one. WHY are all the leghumpers so DUMB?? Seriously!

• Love 5

Most of Jilly Muffin's problem is the fact that her family refuses to allow any "outside" influence or educational effort. They don't read. I'll bet the siblings haven't seen a newspaper in a year, if they've ever seen one at all. They don't watch anything that's not "bible based" or contains any knowledge that didn't emanate from Gothard, Inc. They don't spend time with anyone who might be a critical thinker, or anyone who has more than a high school diploma. (Triple D is not an exception; he doesn't strike me as smart, either). Jim Boob and J-Chelle wanted dumbed down, compliant children, and that's what they got.

A case of unfortunate spelling if I ever saw one. WHY are all the leghumpers so DUMB?? Seriously!

They pride themselves on it.

As some of the fundies I used to know love to parrot: "Jesus said it. I believe it. That settles it."

• Love 9

Jill put the safety of her unborn child before everything else? Nah! If she is pregnant.. She's an idiot.

THE LORD will protect them.

And someone who was actually smart would a) get on birth control until they could leave the country and b) invest in netting, screens for windows, etcetera.

• Love 4

They're supposedly going to leave their safe surroundings to go to villages and whatnot. How would a pregnant Jilly protect herself then? She could easily be bitten outdoors. Heck, she could get bitten outdoors even now. Mosquitoes don't discriminate between country and city. 

• Love 2

I wouldn't want a baby with no brain to have parents like Dillarduggars. Can you even imagine Jilly trying to take care of a child with such huge needs? Not to mention the irony- they get a baby with a minimal brain and Jill and Derrick function without using the brains they actually have.

• Love 2

I wouldn't want a baby with no brain to have parents like Dillarduggars. Can you even imagine Jilly trying to take care of a child with such huge needs? Not to mention the irony- they get a baby with a minimal brain and Jill and Derrick function without using the brains they actually have.

You just birth another one to care for it. Easy.

• Love 6