Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

If Mechelle had just been honest and told us she had disc disease or arthritis in her spine, I wouldn't have thought twice about her weird excuses. But they remain weird. So does Mechelle.

Same here! I would never ever judge people for physical limitations - I have a ton of my own and it really sucks having mostly invisible disabilities. It's the fact that she's obviously either not being honest about it, or it's selective.

• Love 2

Hey that phantom back muscle has gotten Michelle out of holding babies, caring for babies, changing diapers, laundry, housecleaning, cooking, etc. That's her story and she's sticking to it!

• Love 7

If Mechelle had just been honest and told us she had disc disease or arthritis in her spine, I wouldn't have thought twice about her weird excuses. But they remain weird. So does Mechelle.

Because she doesn't? I do, and I'd never have been allowed to go sky diving. The company would have required a liability waiver, and it would have pointed out contra indicating conditions, among which back problems would be listed quite prominently. I certainly couldn't lift Josie. There's nothing wrong with Michelle's back; that's why she had to make something up.

• Love 3
That kid is ginormous! I don't know where he gets it from because none of the Duggar boys are particularly tall. Derick is tall but rangy. This kid looks like a linebacker.

Yeah, I was wondering that too, but Dan seems to be a bigger build than Derick, and it seems he gets that from their dad.  Derick seems to be tall and lanky like his mom.  Maybe Izzy is taking after Rick and Dan.

(edited)

Look at that face, will you? This is one cute baby. Here's wishing all good and wonderful things for this little face - most especially the gift of tolerance and understanding.

I see ALL JILL in that first pic with the raised eyebrows, and in other pics Jboob. I don't see a bit of Derrick at all, like not even a hint aside from his length.

Its been my experience that with babies I know they tend to come out looking exactly like the dad then slowly morph  into more their moms/ a combo of the two. I read somewhere , cant remember where and def can't cite it) that biologically this happens so the father knows its his kid LOL~

Agree with the PP that the Duggar genes must be something fierce. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 1

I cracked up during the Big Bad Birth episode when Jill was carefully reciting Derick's degree like it was a foreign language: His... bachelor ... of... ah, ah, science... in accounting. (whew) But it made me think, more generally, he is expanding her world a bit. Just taking her to see his college was a big thing. That whole culture had to be so alien to her. I don't think he's completely whipped in their marriage. We all wanted him to broaden her views, and I think he is doing that, just gently and little by little. Simple exposure to his mother and brother is doing that, for one thing. But I think he is challenging her some, bit by bit. He doesn't want to make her feel like an idiot, after all.

And I see him gradually, gently poking her to develop a sense of humor, obviously a completely foreign concept to her. But I can see her coming around on it. She does want to please him.

So I see them both drinking the Duggar kool aid, but Derick is diluting it a bit, or adding something to it. Okay, I've gotten lost in this metaphor; hopefully it will make sense to someone. Be kind to me -- I'm having a bad day health wise, and I had to take the heavy duty meds... sorry all! You guys are helping me a lot, you don't even know. :-)

• Love 11
And I see him gradually, gently poking her to develop a sense of humor, obviously a completely foreign concept to her. But I can see her coming around on it. She does want to please him

I agree with your posting, but I wanted to touch on your mention of Derick's "sense of humor."  Wow! He sure is lacking in that department.  Talk about Dullard! I can see why Jimbo liked him.  They seem to have the same corny sense of humor.

• Love 2

I cracked up during the Big Bad Birth episode when Jill was carefully reciting Derick's degree like it was a foreign language: His... bachelor ... of... ah, ah, science... in accounting. (whew) 

I laughed at that too! She is slowly adding to her vocabulary. First com-pe-tant. Now Bach-e-lors ... of ... Sci-ence. Also known to the rest of us as "BS" :)

• Love 1
I laughed at that too! She is slowly adding to her vocabulary. First com-pe-tant. Now Bach-e-lors ... of ... Sci-ence. Also known to the rest of us as "BS" :)

I guess we can also blame Derick for teaching her "surreal."

• Love 2

Nah, that was pre-Derick. All the Duggars use it to describe everything (along with "neat," "crazy," "blessing," "sweet," "precious," etc.).

• Love 1

I agree with your posting, but I wanted to touch on your mention of Derick's "sense of humor."  Wow! He sure is lacking in that department.  Talk about Dullard! I can see why Jimbo liked him.  They seem to have the same corny sense of humor.

Well okay, I didn't say it was a GOOD sense of humor...

:-)

• Love 3

Half the time she sounds like she's saying mushmouthed 'so real'. I don't think she knows surreal is a word.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sureal, neat, challenging, fun and exciting. Those words are going to put me in an institution. Can the producers please hand this family a Thesaurus so they can find some substitutes?

Jill mangling Derick's degree was pathetic. It's crazy she's married and has a child with this man yet she doesn't even know his basic background info. I thought she allegedly looked into nursing school at one point? Wouldn't part of her research have included the proper name of the degree program? Or was that just another lie to shut the Interwebz critics up?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5

That baby is huge. I have never seen a one month old that big. In the latest picture of Granny Uterus holding him, it is hard to believe that baby isn't older. Makes me wonder about the timeline of all this. After seeing that picture of Jill/Derrick on a beach somewhere (forget where, a "missionary" trip if I recall correctly), I was never convinced she wasn't further along in her pregnancy then.

I stopped watching long ago, couldn't stand the Duggar hypocrisy any longer and am shocked the show is still on. Enjoy the hilarious snark here.

• Love 1

^^^^While visiting Derick's college, Jill looked none to pleased about being there. What's the matter JillyMuffin intelligent college educated people scare you?

OSU represents everything her parents have railed against for years. Women seeking education (oh, the horror!), kids living independently from their parents and having FUN! The introduction of new ideas, challenging yourself to be your best, exposure to people from all walks of life. Plenty of skinny-jean wearing NIKE co-eds. Jill probably spent hours in the Prayer Closet after her visit.

• Love 12

That baby is huge. I have never seen a one month old that big. In the latest picture of Granny Uterus holding him, it is hard to believe that baby isn't older. Makes me wonder about the timeline of all this. After seeing that picture of Jill/Derrick on a beach somewhere (forget where, a "missionary" trip if I recall correctly), I was never convinced she wasn't further along in her pregnancy then.

I stopped watching long ago, couldn't stand the Duggar hypocrisy any longer and am shocked the show is still on. Enjoy the hilarious snark here.

Dreck said on today's IG post that Izzy is 11.13 now. Yikes! 

• Love 1

The idea of her Derick spending time with "hot cheerleaders" as Pistol Pete probably has a very immature Jill very jealous.

Considering how defrauding "cheerleader" Michelle was, I'm sure they have been taught that cheerleaders are immodest hussies.

• Love 4

Now that we have seen pictures of Derick as Pistol Pete I wonder how no girl snagged him while in college?

He wasn't bad looking that's for sure. 

LOL Hundfan shhhh we won't tell JillyMuffin that her man is being lusted after.

• Love 1

^^^^While visiting Derick's college, Jill looked none to pleased about being there. What's the matter JillyMuffin intelligent college educated people scare you?

That's the look of someone trying not to look intimidated. :-) Mostly I thought she just looked uncomfortable. She's not used to being out of her element.

• Love 3

Now that we have seen pictures of Derick as Pistol Pete I wonder how no girl snagged him while in college?

He wasn't bad looking that's for sure. 

My speculation is that he was the kind of guy a girl would meet at the Baptist Student Union, think "ooh, he's cute," but after spending some time talking to him, pick up an odd vibe and put him firmly in the friend zone. 

• Love 17

But in her little world the only people who have sex are married. Unmarried people don't even know what sex is.

Of course they do, because their creepy parents flaunt it in their faces.

• Love 5

Ok, I saw that pic of Michelle holding Iz.   That baby is at least 6 months old.    Something is stinky in fundyland.

The post was on the other thread, but I agree with the poster that this needs a Dateline investigation.

A couple of other things I wonder about:

Why do the Duggars call women that aren't part of the family "Miss Cathy" or "Miss Debbie," especially since some of these women are married? 

And, do you think that at least one woman must be present in the TLC crew whenever Anna, Jessa, Jill or MEchelle are being filmed alone? Otherwise, wouldn't it be kind of weird (in Duggar world) for, say Jill, to be alone with several men?

• Love 1

My son uses Miss X (and Mr. Y) all the time, which gets him funny looks because he's now at a Northern University! :) But it's so ingrained, along with ending with sir and ma'am.

I think Derick liked being Pistol Pete because he could be right in the middle of the action, but no one was seeing the shy Derick. They were seeing Pistol Pete, and he could hide behind the costume.

• Love 2

One month old:

https://instagram.com/p/2bOiSHGCcr/

How long (these days) do newborns use those mittens to prevent them from scratching themselves? My kids didn't wear them once they left the hospital

I don't think there's a rule. Most likely he just has a particular tendency to hit his face with flailing hands. (Or, it's always possible that Healthcare Professional Jill has a Rule about cutting baby fingernails. You never know with these people!)

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok, I saw that pic of Michelle holding Iz. That baby is at least 6 months old. Something is stinky in fundyland.

The post was on the other thread, but I agree with the poster that this needs a Dateline investigation.

Right?! This is what I wrote on the other thread in response to Bitchelle's picture with RickJames! - "Are we sure we haven't been punked? Perhaps RickJames was born three months ago? Was there any sightings at the hospital? Do you remember that ambulance sighting at their home? How about when there were balloons and a banner sighted at their home? Maybe Jill is recovered because the birth happened months ago? We need a Dateline investigation."

Edited by bigskygirl
Edited for language use in the post
  • Love 2

Haha. The Duggars are plenty dishonest about many things, but the speculation that Izzy is many months old is just silly. My nephews were all huge at birth and at 1 month, wore size 6 months clothing and looked it. They're way too high profile to pull off a deception on that level.

Hehe. Gothard and Boob wouldn't believe it anyway, but we women sure CAN be "defrauded" by the male body. Romance novels do nothing for me but male strippers sure do. ;)

• Love 6