Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Dullards, including Cathy, are butt-ugly. Deena Dullard better hope her baby looks like her and not her husband. Also, Jill Dully's fashion (non)sense makes me cringe. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, awaken said:

Hahahahaha!  Cook??  Math??

I initially read this as “cook? meth?” and my first thought was that might explain a few things about Derick. 

Heading off to spend the day in the prayer closet. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 20

You don't have to spend a lot of money to look decent. The Dullards can afford to go to Colorado for a week, so I know she can dress better.  Even buying used, she could look better. 

• Love 20
21 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

Looks like Jill is still adhering to Boob's "Buy used and save the difference" mantra. I mean, look at Jill and Derrick compared to the other 3 adults! They both look like they just hopped off a freight train. 

For such religious, churchy people, don't these two own any actual church clothes?

Besides Derrick's ill-fitting, overly dressed up suit, doesn't he have a casual dress shirt and casual, non- canvas pants for church?

Besides Jill's numerous bridesmaids dresses, doesn't she have a dressier, yet casual dress or skirt and blouse for church?  Wearing her everyday, stretched out clothes is awful!

• Love 11

She is a wonderful mother who loves Jesus so much! She's even willing to raise her kiddos in the most challenging conditions in order to bring the Gospel to the nations.

Bring the Gospel to the nations? Willing to raise her kiddos in the most challenging conditions? Loves Jesus so much? You got to be kidding me! Go to the poorest areas in the country Jill to spread what you consider the Gospel. In Jill's mind, the most challenging conditions for her in Danger America was no sisters around to watch Izzy for her.

10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I'm shocked that he actually admitted that Jesus drank wine.  I can't stand the ones who insist that Jesus drank unfermented grape juice instead of wine.  Of course Derrck and Jill don't drink alcohol,  they are better than the rest of us. 

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm shocked that he actually admitted that Jesus drank wine.  I can't stand the ones who insist that Jesus drank unfermented grape juice instead of wine.  Of course Derrck and Jill don't drink alcohol,  they are better than the rest of us. 

I hope you're sarcastically referring to Derelict's comment, not people who choose not to drink for x reason. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I hope you're sarcastically referring to Derelict's comment, not people who choose not to drink for x reason. 

I really am.  I know there are many reasons to avoid alcohol that have nothing to do with Derrick' s smugness. 

• Love 15
16 hours ago, Heathen said:

Imagine their sex life: lights off, socks on. Ew. 

Do I really have to??  I cannot imagine anything less titillating.  

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Oh, bitch please. Jill and Derelict lived in a gated compound with armed guards and air conditioning. We saw regular postings of them at  the beach, shopping malls, Pizza Hut and smoothie cafes. Deena's definition of "challenging conditions" is a bit off.

Yeah but did they have  Chik-Fil-A there??  If not, major challenging conditions.

3 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Once again, Sammy is plopped in his carrier and no one is holding him for a fucking family photo. That poor kid must be touch starved. And Jill and Derick are too clueless to see how it looks. Please god, no more children for these two. 

I am not even a kid person but I would be holding the baby!  When my niece was little she was always in my arms!

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Heathen said:

Imagine their sex life: lights off, socks on. Ew. 

EWWWWW!!  But I think the socks are off - how else can Derelick rub Jillybean's feet for his foot fetish kink?  Oh Gods, I'll have brain bleach for everyone in the prayer closet.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

EWWWWW!!  But I think the socks are off - how else can Derelick rub Jillybean's feet for his foot fetish kink?  Oh Gods, I'll have brain bleach for everyone in the prayer closet.

I didn't say where the socks were. Or whose. 

• Love 4

Deredick and his brother look like two creepy stalker types from a bad Lifetime movie. I would like to know where Deredick's step father is at. He is probably the only sane one of the group especially if he avoids Jill, Deredick and the Duggars like they are the plague. And Sammy looks like he thinking he is surrounded by idiots in the picture.

3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I didn't say where the socks were. Or whose. 

OMG, I read this and got a flash of the old Red Hot Chili Peppers album cover with them all wearing socks on their penises.  

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

OMG, I read this and got a flash of the old Red Hot Chili Peppers album cover with them all wearing socks on their penises.  

Saw that in person way before they were a household name (c. 1984). ?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Saw that in person way before they were a household name (c. 1984). ?

Did the same for the B-52's back in like 85 - they were playing at a huge Frat house party on campus.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I recall that Anna's father did make such announcement on the show some years ago, saying that Jesus drank grape juice, not wine..  It might have been when she got married.  So, I am surprised at Derick's comment.  Very surprised, indeed. 

• Love 2

I believe that Jeremy said something to the effect of having no objection to drinking. That said,  I don't recall him stating a personal conviction about it like Derelict has. 

It's also worthy to note that Derelict isn't allowed to drink as part of his program, so even if he did occasionally imbibe in the past, he CAN'T at the moment.

7 hours ago, Lunera said:

It wasn't confirmed he keeps pretty quiet on SM. I did find this on his LinkedIn page. The Waltons are the founders of Wal-Mart. Screenshot_20180518-083724.thumb.jpg.a3ed048fa68c632d1a050587f5b201a2.jpg

I believe that if you scroll through the Jill/Derick thread, you'll find the post. It was either the day, or the day after the announcement that the Boy Scouts were accepting girls. The post said something like "saying goodbye to the boy scouts after all these years is bittersweet." It was clear that he's leaving BSA, but he didn't specifically say it was because girls were being accepted. It may have just been a coincidence . . .

• Love 3
7 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Once again, Sammy is plopped in his carrier and no one is holding him for a fucking family photo. That poor kid must be touch starved. And Jill and Derick are too clueless to see how it looks. Please god, no more children for these two. 

This is hardly a recent photo (Christmas tree) and there are plenty of photos where someone is holding him.  I doubt he's "touch starved". 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

Deena's birthday message to Jill.

Ok, I'm going to attempt and look on the possible positive side.  It seems they are at some type of gathering - that tree has to be 9-10 feet tall and the Jesus sign in the background - perhaps a Cross Church or other church gathering? and the fact that Cathy, Jill and Derelick all have jackets on makes me think that they were leaving to get the boys to bed and someone said - "Wait! let's take a family photo!" and that's why Sammy is in his carrier - because they were headed out the door.

That being said.  Jill has the WORST fashion sense EVER and she and Derelick look like they were out on a Walmart run when they stopped by.  Considering Derelick is wearing a freaking North Face jacket, I think they could spends money on some dress pants/shirts for him and some appropriate church attire for her for Gods sake!

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Jill has the WORST fashion sense EVER and she and Derelick look like they were out on a Walmart run when they stopped by.  Considering Derelick is wearing a freaking North Face jacket, I think they could spends money on some dress pants/shirts for him and some appropriate church attire for her for Gods sake!

^^^Preach. I swear, it's like color blindness, only it's some kind of style blindness. Long ago at work, a woman in our department *always* looked like she'd dressed out of a random bag of old garments. She wasn't stupid, she was a hard worker, married with kids. But somehow she just had no clue how to put anything together. I didn't work closely with her, but to this day I remember how ratty she looked. And, no, she wasn't dirty or anything. Just badly dressed. Jill's outfits remind me of that woman. 

So, does anyone know, is that a thing? Being unable to see how pieces of clothing look when worn together? Fashion impairment? Style dysfunction?

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

^^^Preach. I swear, it's like color blindness, only it's some kind of style blindness. 

So, does anyone know, is that a thing? Being unable to see how pieces of clothing look when worn together? Fashion impairment? Style dysfunction?

Just today, I had to beg my husband not to wear a blue plaid shirt with shiny green pants with an orange stripe down the sides. To top it off, he was wearing a camouflage ball cap.  So yeah..It's a thing.? (there's a reason things end up in thrift stores.)

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Just today, I had to beg my husband not to wear a blue plaid shirt with shiny green pants with an orange stripe down the sides. To top it off, he was wearing a camouflage ball cap.  So yeah..It's a thing.? (there's a reason things end up in thrift stores.)

So he was dressing for his busy day?  I'm guessing hunting in the wee hours - camo cap, work - blue plaid shirt and then off to a late night rave with the green and orange pants? :-)

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

So he was dressing for his busy day?  I'm guessing hunting in the wee hours - camo cap, work - blue plaid shirt and then off to a late night rave with the green and orange pants? :-)

Busy for his day of hitting every thrift store in town is more like it. (And OMGosh here comes garage sale season again)?

I do feel sorry for all those kids brought up in that thrift store mindset though. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

You don't have to spend a lot of money to look decent. The Dullards can afford to go to Colorado for a week, so I know she can dress better.  Even buying used, she could look better. 

I buy lots of things from thrift stores, but I also get compliments on my wardrobe.  Most people are shocked when I tell them. It can be done.

• Love 11
Just now, Normades said:

I buy lots of things from thrift stores, but I also get compliments on my wardrobe.  Most people are shocked when I tell them. It can be done.

Oh, I know you can get good deals at thrift stores..been there done that with five kids of my own and hardly any money. But you still have to be picky and DIG. I never bought second hand shoes though.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

^^^Preach. I swear, it's like color blindness, only it's some kind of style blindness. Long ago at work, a woman in our department *always* looked like she'd dressed out of a random bag of old garments. She wasn't stupid, she was a hard worker, married with kids. But somehow she just had no clue how to put anything together. I didn't work closely with her, but to this day I remember how ratty she looked. And, no, she wasn't dirty or anything. Just badly dressed. Jill's outfits remind me of that woman. 

My mother had no fashion sense whatsoever, and her alcoholism didn't help at all. I still remember the garish orange patterned dress with clashing polka dots and bright pink jewelry she wore to a court appearance one day. It was over twenty years ago and I still sometimes randomly think about it and wonder, "What the hell?" 

That being said, I completely inherited her inability to match patterns or colors. But I've known this about myself since I was a teen and have spent a fair amount of time trying to research non-hideous color combos and what looks good with my coloring. I also make a point of buying neutrals that don't look awful together to reduce any bizarre color combos and soliciting shopping advice from people who I know are stylish. I've run into some other fashion-impaired women over the years, and they all seem to have fairly similar tactics. 

All of that's to say that I don't think Jill's innate fashion ineptness is uncommon so much as her apparent inability to recognize it is. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

It's definitely a struggle for some people. We all know people who may not stand out as particularly stylish or fashion savvy but who still look good in the day to day and understand the basics of a decent outfit.

On the other hand, there are the Jills of the world who possess no conception of color, fit, and pairing garments together. These are the people whose outfits typically provoke reactions of "yikes."

One girl I go to school with is definitely fashion impaired, and her outfits frequently make me want to scream. Here's the thing: she doesn't play it safe and just stick to a basic combination of blue jeans, tshirts, and sneakers—a nice "fail safe". This girl has worn all of the above and managed to have it look rather atrocious. Imagine this ensemble: pale pink skinny jeans, dark grey and teal Nike sneakers (the less expensive kind), a purpleish tshirt of some kind, and a dark magenta down jacket. It wasn't good to say the least. She is someone who struggles with fit in addition to color. Even when I've seen her in more formal outfits, she always looks kind of frumpy. Now, she is definitely a smart girl (she has played chess on an international level), but fashion is not one of her talents. I wouldn't dare say this to her because it would come across as mean, but the honest advice I have for her is that she really ought to find a stylist to help her with work wear once she finishes her math degree, especially if she has high career ambitions.

Edited by SnarkyShark
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

reach. I swear, it's like color blindness, only it's some kind of style blindness. Long ago at work, a woman in our department *always* looked like she'd dressed out of a random bag of old garments. She wasn't stupid, she was a hard worker, married with kids. But somehow she just had no clue how to put anything together. I didn't work closely with her, but to this day I remember how ratty she looked. And, no, she wasn't dirty or anything. Just badly dressed. Jill's outfits remind me of that woman. 

I have almost no fashion sense. I generally wear jeans b/c it's appropriate for my job. Years ago, I had about 10 different colored/patterned polo shirts and I would wear the first one and put the clean ones at the end of the row. I get complimented when I wear jewel tones (red/teal/purple), so I have a lot of nicer blouses in those colors, plus a lot of black & white patterned blouses. But, I'm most comfortable wearing baggy unisex t-shirts I get for $5 for attending different functions at the college where I work. At the beginning of the school year, I'm dressed office casual and by the end of the school year it's t-shirts, jeans, and slip on shoes.

• Love 9

Interesting discussion, and to bring it back to Jill, it's too bad that she may be oblivious to her lack of style sense. She pretty much grew up with a professional television location crew in her house, she's at least a D list celebrity, and all of that basically put as much food on her table as her father's business ventures (I believe it was a LOT more food, but that's another discussion). IOW, being in the public eye is her job, and she must know that because of her social media activity. 

I think she may be going for some kind of laid-back casual look but as we've discussed, she usually just looks ratty and badly groomed. It's too bad she was reared by her beastly parents to distrust so much of the big wide world and the people in it. With her arrogant insular Duggar attitude, it wouldn't occur to her to ask for styling tips from anyone, or at least anyone outside the family. 

@Zella and @Nysha, you know your own limits, and I bet that as you go through your lives, you look just fine and appropriate for the situation/occasion. @SnarkyShark, you're right, some have a gift for seeing style, and for others it's a struggle. The sad thing is, when you don't know what you don't know. I think that's the deal with Jill - as to style and fashion and a whole lot more. 

• Love 9

From their blog:

We had a fun day celebrating Jill’s birthday at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO with my mom (Cathy), my brother (Dan) and his wife (Deena).  Part of Jill’s “buddy team”, her brother (James) and sister (Jennifer) also joined us.

Derick made me (Jill) a special romantic dinner the night before my birthday, complete with sparkling cider and candles!

E124AA19-3FEA-4958-B184-B0A2F5CFFB4C.jpeg

DC2A61FB-599A-44AB-9C3D-5F61CD78D583.jpeg

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From their blog:

We had a fun day celebrating Jill’s birthday at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO with my mom (Cathy), my brother (Dan) and his wife (Deena).  Part of Jill’s “buddy team”, her brother (James) and sister (Jennifer) also joined us.

Derick made me (Jill) a special romantic dinner the night before my birthday, complete with sparkling cider and candles!

E124AA19-3FEA-4958-B184-B0A2F5CFFB4C.jpeg

DC2A61FB-599A-44AB-9C3D-5F61CD78D583.jpeg

Again with the worst pictures...A "romantic dinner" of a salad, on only one plate no less, and a smoke-filled kitchen. Couldn't they wait to photograph some actual food?

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

What is Derick making her? He looks like he's burning something in the pan.

Hahaha. They're such dumbasses that they don't even realize how mediocre they make themselves look with their own posts celebrating themselves. That smoke is arching all the way up to the ceiling and across the kitchen.

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, graefin said:

Hahaha. They're such dumbasses that they don't even realize how mediocre they make themselves look with their own posts celebrating themselves. That smoke is arching all the way up to the ceiling and across the kitchen.

They are in an apartment (or duplex) right?  I'm thinking the smoke alarm is probably going off with all that smoke.  (yes I hate to admit, but I'm speaking from experience LOL).

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

They are in an apartment (or duplex) right?  I'm thinking the smoke alarm is probably going off with all that smoke.  (yes I hate to admit, but I'm speaking from experience LOL).

I kinda feel like he did that in purpose.  I can see these 2 playing into the stereotype of a man being unable to cook a meal without setting off the smoke alarm.  I wonder if they will have a blog post about this in the next few days.   Best hubby ever can't cook, lol.

• Love 3