Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

The Dillards have medical insurance.  Remember, in their letter asking for $24,000 in donations for this 2 - 3 month trip to Central America, Derick said they needed the money for groceries, gasoline, medical insurance, etc.  (At least he was honest that the money would NOT be used for missionary activities!)  They want these donations on top of their hefty TLC paychecks and the free housing, utilities, transportation, and money that S.O.S. ministry provides for them.  

0 0 1 Greed.jpg

• Love 8

The only babies who automatically qualify for Medicaid are micropreemies, generally, those at 26 weeks or less. The reason for this is that almost all health insurance has a lifetime limit, usually $1 million. Extremely premature babies are very expensive and virtually all survivors would use up their lifetime limit before they ever left the hospital. So, in order to prevent their care from bankrupting insurance companies, hospitals and parents; the government picks up the tab from birth until the baby is discharged. Same reason why all people who need dialysis are covered by Medicaid.

Jill is going to try to deliver at home not only because she is an ignorant twit who doesn't understand the potential risks but also because their income is dependent on allowing TLC to film the delivery. Many, if not most, hospitals don't allow videotaping of the birth for any reason (the one where I practice  made it a rule about 10 years ago).  Why? Because, on multiple occasions, someone sued for malpractice and came to court with their home video to 'prove' the case. Often, they ere highly edited or without context; but video is very compelling to a jury. So, no videotaping.

There is no absolute number of cesareans any woman can have, but the more someone has, the more risk of bleeding and/or uterine rupture or damage to nearby structures like veins, arteries, bladder or bowels.  I have done a 10th cesarean on someone (7 through 10 actually) and she did fine (other than being kinda nutty).  She never did use birth control. Menopause stopped her. She had a sister who had 7 cesarean (I did the last couple).

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The Dillards have medical insurance.  Remember, in their letter asking for $24,000 in donations for this 2 - 3 month trip to Central America, Derick said they needed the money for groceries, gasoline, medical insurance, etc.  (At least he was honest that the money would NOT be used for missionary activities!)  They want these donations on top of their hefty TLC paychecks and the free housing, utilities, transportation, and money that S.O.S. ministry provides for them.  

0 0 1 Greed.jpg

Well that mystery is solved, Scooby! The Dillards DO have health insurance.

I know 'how are these people insured?' keeps coming up over, and over, and over, and over, but bottom line is, THEY DON'T CARE. 

They aren't concerned about being financially or medically responsible. They don't care if they're insured or not. They'll take advantage of whatever they can, and just say 'the Lord will provide.' 

Also - sorry I didn't specify that if something is wrong or if there are complications with Jill's delivery, as with Josie, Medicwhatever will most likely pay for it. No woman would ever pay for real insurance if she could just walk into a hospital, have a normal birth, and everything would be covered by the government.

Bottom line = Jill is still a Dumb Ass, and they only have insurance because it is force upon them by their employers.

Now back to beat another dead horse. Raising support for missions is how most of these groups operate. These groups, as in the kind that Jill and Derrick are associated with, like S.O.S., Campus Crusade for Christ, IMB (Southern Baptists), Young Life, etc. Not every single church or missionary ever.  Jill's group may sponsor a missionary couple, but the couple is responsible for raising nearly all of their support. They'll spend months or years on their mission site, and then a few weeks furlough back home to visit churches and prayer partners to drum up pledges to fund them. They'll  create blogs, send email blasts, write letters, send post cards from the field, etc., to show progress and continue support. Prayer partner can mean someone who literally partners to pray with you/for you, but it's also a code word for financial donor. This is why Derrick sought Jimbob for a prayer partner. $$$ or at least opening the door to $$$ by gaining Duggar approval. It's all about sales. Derrick may not even realize its sales, and thinks this is how you do the Lord's work. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Also - sorry I didn't specify that if something is wrong or if there are complications with Jill's delivery, as with Josie, Medicwhatever will most likely pay for it.

Not really.  It doesn't work that way.  Medicare is based on either age or LONG term disability usually permanent.  MEDICAID is means tested (income and resources).   A micro-preemie is by definition disabled compared to healthy newborns and because it has spent its life in an institution has no income or resources.  That's how they can be covered under medicaid.  It is really a very basic and important distinction.  Jill would have no claim on either program simply by virtue of giving birth in a hospital not even with a very complicated delivery.  Neither would the infant unless something is really, really wrong with it requiring quite prolonged hospitalization. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Prayer partner can mean someone who literally partners to pray with you/for you, but it's also a code word for financial donor. This is why Derrick sought Jimbob for a prayer partner. $$$ or at least opening the door to $$$ by gaining Duggar approval. It's all about sales. Derrick may not even realize its sales, and thinks this is how you do the Lord's work. 

I wonder if Jim Bob knew that this is how Derick did 'the lord's work' in Nepal:

0 0 1 Derick in Nepal.jpg

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I wonder if Jim Bob knew that this is how Derick did 'the lord's work' in Nepal:

What is that on the ground in front of him?  It looks like either some strange kind of homemade bong or some novelty amusement park sippy cup...

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

What is that on the ground in front of him?  It looks like either some strange kind of homemade bong or some novelty amusement park sippy cup...

Derick actually looks happy.  I think it's a bong.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

The guy on the left is definitely pouring an alcoholic beverage.  As to the bong-like utensil, it has been debated whether this is used for drugs or for mixing Tibetan butter tea.  You can see more pictures of butter tea churns here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tea

That picture used to be on Derick's Facebook or Instagram, but he removed it when so many people commented that he was using drugs. In fact, he removed a lot of pictures from his Nepal days.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Mollie said:

His feet look awful.  Are those bunions right beyond the big toe?  I've never seen lumps like that...  I mean he could just have bony feet but that's excessively large...

• Love 3
(edited)

Yup, I would say bunions.

as far as the strange thing in front of Dereck I will ask my friend who is a Nepalese immigrant.  She should know.  

2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

He looks so happy and relaxed there.  I can't remember the last time he seemed that way.

Easy.  Before he met the Duggars.  

He does look different.  Then again, he was living his life unrestricted.  No Jill, no Jim Bob. Just him and his bigass bunions stomping through the Himalayas and searching for Squatch. 

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Yup, I would say bunions.

as far as the strange thing in front of Dereck I will ask my friend who is a Nepalese immigrant.  She should know.  

Easy.  Before he met the Duggars.  

He does look different 

Well with bunions like that I'm not surprised he looks happier without shoes.  Lord, I want to send him some moleskin pads because he's making MY feet hurt.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

He needs to hit thst bong again and regain his appetite. 

Especially with the clingy Jilly attached to his hip.

• Love 2

Derick looks good in that Nepal pic -- meaning happy and at a healthy weight esp when you look at his arms/neck etc.  Though I will say the recent IG pictures (from 6 weeks ago) look better than previous Central America pictures in terms of his weight/health.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

He looks so happy and relaxed there.  I can't remember the last time he seemed that way.

I would venture to say the last time he used a bong and drank booze. Lol

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

This! A natural smile that reaches his eyes. Now that he smiles for a living it's just not the same.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I think bunions are more likely. If it were gout, it seems there'd be more signs of inflammation and swelling in his feet. The picture isn't all that clear but I don't see any of that. His feet look skinny and uninflamed to me, just with giant bunions on them.

Whichever it is, it's gotta be uncomfortable, though.

Both size-of-jaw problems and bunions are common in people with Marfan syndrome, I read.

Somebody should do a PSA: This Is Your Brain on Duggars. Do Not Marry One. Or Ever Associate With Jim Bob.

A before and after of Derick can be the cautionary example and a before and after of Marjorie can be the example of: this can be you if you refrain.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Somebody should do a PSA: This Is Your Brain on Duggars. Do Not Marry One. Or Ever Associate With Jim Bob.

A before and after of Derick can be the cautionary example and a before and after of Marjorie can be the example of: this can be you if you refrain.

AMEN! Maybe a slide show or youtube video that can be shown to all Southern Baptist youth and young adult church groups.

• Love 3

That contraption sure looks like it has a really complicated neck (with a nipple?) for just being the handle of a churn.  Derrick really looks happy there; I almost feel sorry for him now.  

I was thinking: what if Jill is planning a home VBAC because, on some level, she hopes it will kill her?  Worst case scenario: she's desperately unhappy, her husband (who isn't the same man she married and who she doesn't love) keeps dragging her away from her family to (literally) God-forsaken Central America, where she's terrified.  Her dreams of a perfect home birth were dashed, and she hasn't bonded with her child and finds it hard to handle him but there's another baby on the way with a seemingly-infinite number to come.  She has no power at all in her life; it's all found in her father and her husband, who keep telling her to do these things that just make her more unhappy.  Add possible postpartum depression to that, and maybe death looks like the best (and only) way out.  She'll be in paradise with Jesus and be also venerated back on Earth, having died in the best and most noble and most Godly way for a woman short of religious martyrdom: giving birth.  Baby-assisted suicide, as it were.

I think I need to go back on my antidepressants.  I wish I could give some to Jill; they might help.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

That contraption sure looks like it has a really complicated neck (with a nipple?) for just being the handle of a churn.  Derrick really looks happy there; I almost feel sorry for him now.  

I was thinking: what if Jill is planning a home VBAC because, on some level, she hopes it will kill her?  Worst case scenario: she's desperately unhappy, her husband (who isn't the same man she married and who she doesn't love) keeps dragging her away from her family to (literally) God-forsaken Central America, where she's terrified.  Her dreams of a perfect home birth were dashed, and she hasn't bonded with her child and finds it hard to handle him but there's another baby on the way with a seemingly-infinite number to come.  She has no power at all in her life; it's all found in her father and her husband, who keep telling her to do these things that just make her more unhappy.  Add possible postpartum depression to that, and maybe death looks like the best (and only) way out.  She'll be in paradise with Jesus and be also venerated back on Earth, having died in the best and most noble and most Godly way for a woman short of religious martyrdom: giving birth.  Baby-assisted suicide, as it were.

I think I need to go back on my antidepressants.  I wish I could give some to Jill; they might help.

Nah, Jill's just a Dumb Ass who thinks she knows it all.

• Love 8

As a former ballet dancer, I can say with painfully-earned expertise that those are bunions. My feet look like they're 90...thank you, pointe shoes.

It does beg the question how Derrick got his, though...did any of his Jesus-through-interpretive-dance routines involve dancing en pointe?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

As a former ballet dancer, I can say with painfully-earned expertise that those are bunions. My feet look like they're 90...thank you, pointe shoes.

It does beg the question how Derrick got his, though...did any of his Jesus-through-interpretive-dance routines involve dancing en pointe?

It's a possibility for people with Marfan syndrome. As are those jaw problems he had. .... Given that this is yet another bone issue we've noticed with Derick, I'm beginning to think that he has, if not Marfan's, some somewhat similar genetic health issue. 

• Love 3

Did Jill state that she was planning a vaginal home birth? If she is, I don't think it's because she's suicidal, but because she's bought into the belief that a "natural" childbirth is the only "real" childbirth. You would not believe how many people told my daughter-in-law that she didn't really give birth to my granddaughter because she had a c-section, including one of the nurses.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

AMEN! Maybe a slide show or youtube video that can be shown to all Southern Baptist youth and young adult church groups.

They could borrow the name DARE from the drug education program and rename it "Duggar Association Resistance Network"

• Love 11
On 5/1/2017 at 6:35 PM, Absolom said:

Not really.  It doesn't work that way.  Medicare is based on either age or LONG term disability usually permanent.  MEDICAID is means tested (income and resources).   A micro-preemie is by definition disabled compared to healthy newborns and because it has spent its life in an institution has no income or resources.  That's how they can be covered under medicaid.  It is really a very basic and important distinction.  Jill would have no claim on either program simply by virtue of giving birth in a hospital not even with a very complicated delivery.  Neither would the infant unless something is really, really wrong with it requiring quite prolonged hospitalization. 

Would Josie still be considered disabled?  Wonder if she currently gets any aid?

On 2017-05-02 at 1:16 PM, Nysha said:

Did Jill state that she was planning a vaginal home birth? If she is, I don't think it's because she's suicidal, but because she's bought into the belief that a "natural" childbirth is the only "real" childbirth. You would not believe how many people told my daughter-in-law that she didn't really give birth to my granddaughter because she had a c-section, including one of the nurses.

Wow. People really are assholes :|

• Love 18
On 5/2/2017 at 1:11 PM, Churchhoney said:

It's a possibility for people with Marfan syndrome. As are those jaw problems he had. .... Given that this is yet another bone issue we've noticed with Derick, I'm beginning to think that he has, if not Marfan's, some somewhat similar genetic health issue. 

He definitely has some weird bone structure in his hands and feet. And of course the long and gangly arms and body.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Wow. People really are assholes :|

I can vouch from personal experience that it happens.  All too frequently.  And it's ludicrous.  All that matters is that baby and mama are healthy in the end.  But there are assclowns out there who seriously believe that a woman only technically gives birth vaginally.  A C-section isn't "childbirth".  

• Love 4

Did Michelle show up at the 11th hour for her multiple VBACs? She delivered what, 2 or 3 kids at home? And had a couple of C-sections? Were all her kids born in Arkansas?

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Would Josie still be considered disabled?  Wonder if she currently gets any aid?

I really don't want to speculate about Josie's condition, but her parents' income and resources would deny her from SSI or Medicaid at this point if she did qualify medically. 

Being a micro-preemie isn't a permanent disability on it's own. There are different disability standards for children that a child must meet to continue to receive benefits. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I really don't want to speculate about Josie's condition, but her parents' income and resources would deny her from SSI or Medicaid at this point if she did qualify medically. 

Being a micro-preemie isn't a permanent disability on it's own. There are different disability standards for children that a child must meet to continue to receive benefits. 

The threshold to meet disability qualifications vary, but the parents would first have to recognize their child has a disability and would need documentation of a diagnosis and treatment, to even be considered. So that likely rules the Duggar family out. Well unless one of them is disabled due to teeth issues. ;)

17 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Thanks for the answer.  I didn't think anything in her current state would suggest it but I didn't know if it was considered permanent

• Love 1
On 5/1/2017 at 9:40 PM, ariel said:

Samaritan Care is very choosey & FUNDY on who they chose to reimburse.

Of course. Because they don't want to be like the Good Samaritan, they'd rather be super choosey like the priest and the Levite. Because Jesus just HATED the way the Good Samaritan ignored all social and religious norms to help a dude who was beat up and left for dead. . . wait. . .

I do hope Jill has some plan in place, but I fear she probably thinks that, well, birth #2 went fine for Jessa so birth #2 is sure to go well for her.

• Love 9
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:16 PM, Nysha said:

You would not believe how many people told my daughter-in-law that she didn't really give birth to my granddaughter because she had a c-section, including one of the nurses.

That's mean & nasty.  It most likely saved her & her baby's life.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 7

Wow, I can't believe how good Derick looked in that photo of him in Nepal. He really was a cute guy; twinkle in his eye, that same little boy smile that was posted of him in school with his father, etc. Something health-wise truly must have happened to him since he married Jill and they're just not saying what that was or is. That healthy looking young man went to 'heck' in  a short time. I really wonder what's been going on with his health. I personally don't think he needed such jaw surgery in the first place. It spiraled downhill from there. I'd love to hear the truth from Cathy or her husband.

I can't believe that someone would be so insensitive to tell a mother that a C-section isn't 'really giving birth'.  That's like telling a woman who adopted a child that she can't be or isn't that child's parent. Some people just don't think before they speak or they are plain mean spirited, IMO.

• Love 10

Last night I was reading a 3 year old magazine at the Manicurist, and it had a blurb about Jill and Derek's wedding.  It said she was marrying an Accountant at Walmart (Well he ditched that pretty darn quickly) and their gift registry included a shotgun and Raisin Bran.  Does this sound familiar or was I inhaling too much acrylic nail dust??

• Love 7
On 5/1/2017 at 6:58 PM, doodlebug said:

The only babies who automatically qualify for Medicaid are micropreemies, generally, those at 26 weeks or less. The reason for this is that almost all health insurance has a lifetime limit, usually $1 million. Extremely premature babies are very expensive and virtually all survivors would use up their lifetime limit before they ever left the hospital. So, in order to prevent their care from bankrupting insurance companies, hospitals and parents; the government picks up the tab from birth until the baby is discharged. Same reason why all people who need dialysis are covered by Medicaid.

Jill is going to try to deliver at home not only because she is an ignorant twit who doesn't understand the potential risks but also because their income is dependent on allowing TLC to film the delivery. Many, if not most, hospitals don't allow videotaping of the birth for any reason (the one where I practice  made it a rule about 10 years ago).  Why? Because, on multiple occasions, someone sued for malpractice and came to court with their home video to 'prove' the case. Often, they ere highly edited or without context; but video is very compelling to a jury. So, no videotaping.

There is no absolute number of cesareans any woman can have, but the more someone has, the more risk of bleeding and/or uterine rupture or damage to nearby structures like veins, arteries, bladder or bowels.  I have done a 10th cesarean on someone (7 through 10 actually) and she did fine (other than being kinda nutty).  She never did use birth control. Menopause stopped her. She had a sister who had 7 cesarean (I did the last couple).

My oldest was a full term baby delivered on due date and qualifed for Medicare because coded blue 4 times within the first 2 hours of birth even though me and my ex had the best insurance that would cover all expenses but because baby went into the NICU the government took over health insurance. 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Last night I was reading a 3 year old magazine at the Manicurist, and it had a blurb about Jill and Derek's wedding.  It said she was marrying an Accountant at Walmart (Well he ditched that pretty darn quickly) and their gift registry included a shotgun and Raisin Bran.  Does this sound familiar or was I inhaling too much acrylic nail dust??

Sounds about right. Plain old grocery-store food along with camping/hunting/fishing equipment of some sort has figured into all the registries we've seen, as I recall.   Those -- along with, usually, several sets of duplicative high-end cookware and a ton of restaurant gift cards.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Bunions. My granddaughter's other grandmother had them. My daughter in law doesn't. My dear granddaughter who isn't even 14 started getting them a few years ago. Her big toes don't lie straight - and she has never worn heels or tight shoes. But she doesn't have any other of Derick's visible issues

• Love 1

Derick claims his kid is "very manipulative" and says "I love you" when " he’s really trying to get something to butter you up right before he asks for something.”

Obviously, the Dillards have some serious parenting issues.  In the pic below, it looks like Izzy is untying a little girl's dress while in the full courtship mode of a side hug.  Is he becoming "a little too curious about girls?"  And, notice the devil eyes. 

0 0 1 Izzy.png

• Love 13

In the pic below, it looks like Izzy is untying a little girl's dress while in the full courtship mode of a side hug.  Is he becoming "a little too curious about girls?"  And, notice the devil eyes. 

HEE!  I know you're being sarcastic, Mollie, 'cause that's how we roll here. I think he's trying to talk her into !DONATING!  the neon green ring she is holding.

• Love 9

I wonder if Jill actually believes that the adorable little girl is inappropriately and imodestely dressed?  Even in a tropical climate, would Jill still layer the leggings and tee shirt? How can she even think that little girl is anything but adorable and comfortable?

• Love 2