Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Derick's wisdom regarding Boy Scouts is up. 

http://www.dillardfamily.com/dillard family blog

A bit of the word salad:

I also feel it is important for people (especially some of my followers on Twitter) to recognize that some discrimination is good and it’s a vital part of a healthy society.  To “discriminate” simply means to make a distinction.  That is why it is important to discriminate, or make a distinction, between that which falls under the umbrella of “discrimination” and that discrimination which needs to be further clarified with certain conditions.  That’s exactly what our civil rights laws do when they include “…on the basis of….” 

27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

By the way, this shows as being posted on January 30th but it wasn't. No clue why he wants it to appear as if it was.

On January 30 the Boy Scouts announced they would accept transgender boys as members.

He's pre-dating his prejudice/discrimination. Sad.

Edited by Love2dance
Added thought.
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A bit of the word salad:

I also feel it is important for people (especially some of my followers on Twitter) to recognize that some discrimination is good and it’s a vital part of a healthy society.  To “discriminate” simply means to make a distinction.  That is why it is important to discriminate, or make a distinction, between that which falls under the umbrella of “discrimination” and that discrimination which needs to be further clarified with certain conditions.  That’s exactly what our civil rights laws do when they include “…on the basis of….” 

Idiot. Jill's a dumbass but Derick is an idiot. 

Discriminate, differentiate and making a distinction do not mean the same thing. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Bbbbbbbut....we sit around growing hair! And we "minister" to others by posting Bible verses and hateful screeds that make people question our mental stability...and we are soliciting donations for our ministry...DONATE

And gestating.  You forgot gestating.  Full time job there.

• Love 4

Discriminate:

1. Recognize a distinction; differentiate

2. Make an unjust or prejudicial distinction of categories of people or things

1. Apples are not oranges

2. Oranges are bad because unlike apples they are citrusy. I don't want oranges around because the Bible says citrusy things are bad, therefore it is okay for me to not to like oranges or allow them access to rights because of this distinction. 

No matter how hard Derick tries to twist the definition of discriminate, and he tried hard, he is acting in away that to many is very unchristian and discriminatory. 

• Love 18

Derrick needs to shush. Yes, the beta male is on the rise, and it's a shame. But, he doesn't realize he is exactly that now. The only beta male in the whole clan would be Jim Bob, and a little bit of JD. Don't worry Derrick. It won't be a problem much longer. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

He is an ass.  So I guess he doesn't mind if his brand of Christians are discriminated against since its a vital part of a healthy society?  Fuck you and your interpretive back up dancers.

Well I just spit my coffee. Let us pray.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A bit of the word salad:

"In United States federal anti-discrimination law, a protected class is a characteristic of a person which cannot be targeted for discrimination

No Derick the distinction is made to protect people. It is not to allow for discrimination.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9
On 2/14/2017 at 5:11 PM, Christina87 said:

Love the last paragraph!!! Jill has always bothered me the most too. Besides her holier-than-thou personality (which I could write 10 pages on), what I fundamentally don't like about her is that she seems extremely selfish. She thinks just because she is such a "good girl," and also weak, she deserves absolutely everything handed to her. If Derick wants to work, she clings and whines. No thank you for supporting the family. If Derick wants to go to CA, she gets all passive aggressive but won't speak up for herself. She must have 74947294 babies because Jesus, and who cares what Derick has to do to support that? She feels slightly tired, so her siblings have to come clean. She moves back home, so Jana has to decorate a house.

Now, it would be very different if she was tripping over herself thanking all these people and making sure they felt appreciated. That is not in Jill's vocabulary, though. She is special and weak, a sure fire victim-making combination. 

Jessa does see, to appreciate what has been handed to her, and arguably works the hardest for the reality teevee money they still have. Jana is the opposite of selfish, and Jinger seems to feel for others on a deep level, and is always willing to help when asked. Poor joy just doesn't have any intelligence to work with, but I've never really gotten a taker vibe from her either. 

But...everybody owes Jill everything because she is perfect...she's just...Jill!

This is so true, and I hadn't really thought about it this way.

Jill didn't want Derick to work 9-5, so he doesn't work.

Jill didn't want to do the work necessary to become a legitimate missionary's wife, so Derick took a job as a "missionary" with SOS.

Jill didn't like Danger America, so they are back in AR to stay.

Jill doesn't like cleaning house, or bathing her baby, so those things just don't get done.

Jill doesn't like to cook, so Jana helps her, or her "wonderful hubby" makes her breakfast in bed.

Jessa may be a bitch, but Jill is a brat -- and it's not going to get any better for Derick.

• Love 16
On 2/14/2017 at 2:41 PM, MamaMax said:

I am sure she's capitalizing on that and has moved up in Boob and Michelle's rankings.

She's moved up in their rankings because she's featured on the new show. TLC has nothing to film with Jilly Muffin and Triple D -- well, unless one counts barfing.

KJB and J-Chelle will do anything to keep their mugs on TV, up to and including throwing four of their daughters under the bus to conceal their brother's crimes.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A bit of the word salad:

Pardon my French.

I will be e-mailing this BS to TLC (and our close personal friend Nance) as quickly as I can find working e-mail addresses. This asshole needs to get a real wake-up call about his social media and even more, his bigoted, hateful and abhorrent personal views. Then again, I'm discriminating against HIM by not watching his show and actively avoiding as many of their advertisers as possible.

IMHO of course.

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Jessa may be a bitch, but Jill is a brat -- and it's not going to get any better for Derick.

I agree with your statement, but I think both girls are brats. Jessa is as much a lazy sack of do-nothing as Jill. She just has enough sense to make sure her children are polished and spit-shined for Instagram pictures.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A bit of the word salad:

Derick certainly has difficulty expressing his thoughts clearly.  He rambles like he's heavily medicated.  He also has a lack of knowledge about the history of the American Civil Rights movement.

In 1910, Camp Fire Girls of America was created to be the sister organization of the Boy Scouts of America.  After the Civil Rights movement resulted in legislation, the name of the organization was changed to Camp Fire Boys and Girls in 1975.  For over 40 years now boys have been able to join.  If the Boy Scouts is just now allowing girls to join, it's way overdue.

I bet Derick will totally freak out if a woman ever becomes Pistol Pete.

It's a shame that Derick hasn't found anything productive to do with his time in the six months he's been back in Arkansas.  I wonder if he's collecting welfare checks.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Pardon my French.

I will be e-mailing this BS to TLC (and our close personal friend Nance) as quickly as I can find working e-mail addresses. This asshole needs to get a real wake-up call about his social media and even more, his bigoted, hateful and abhorrent personal views. Then again, I'm discriminating against HIM by not watching his show and actively avoiding as many of their advertisers as possible.

IMHO of course.

Please do!!

im embarassed to admit that I joined twitter just so I can comment on his pointless ramblings. 

• Love 2

Derrick is a complete imbecile.  I wish TLC would quit filming these two (all of them for that matter) I do not understand how he gets away with his "preaching" and staying on TV in this day and age.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

@MOLLIE, Derick was referring to the Boy scouts admitting transgender boys as members, not girls. But he probably doesn't like that either.

This is his phrasing: "girls who identify as boys."  (But then, he goes on and on about the goals of the Boy Scouts organization, discrimination is a good thing, abortion is bad, his definition of sin, etc.  He completely loses track of his subject.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"In United States federal anti-discrimination law, a protected class is a characteristic of a person which cannot be targeted for discrimination

No Derick the distinction is made to protect people. It is not to allow for discrimination.

Worst part is, if the shoe were on the other foot, he'd cry persecution.

• Love 13

Dear Derick Dillydumdum:

Equal rights regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity were made the law of the land in this great country called the United States of America. Suck it, Derick! Protections were put in place to protect those different from you from being mistreated by you.

Sorry you created all this word salad to basically demonstrate to your audience that you really aren't that bright.  You so patronizingly define discrimination for us, but you defined discrimination between to mean the same thing as discrimination against. It's NOT.

Simply tolerating different people should not be a threat to what you believe. No one is forcing you to agree with it, like it, become it, encourage it, or condone it, but as a Christian, you are obliged to love and respect others. The law of the land only dictates that you treat others different from you with respect and dignity and to stand up against the mistreatment of anyone because of their protected by law characteristics.

AE

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, awaken said:

Please do!!

im embarassed to admit that I joined twitter just so I can comment on his pointless ramblings. 

Don't be embarrassed, for I've been considering exactly that. I need to get me a life.............I actually did a mock sign up but find Twitter rather messy and confusing to handle

• Love 2

I wonder if Jim Bob is surprised and disappointed that Derick is so dim?  What will the Duggars do with him? I know that the entire family has been totally brainwashed into this obsession with ministry, but Jim Bob can't possibly want his favorite girl Jilly trapped in Danger America where bad things happen.

44 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I wonder if Jim Bob is surprised and disappointed that Derick is so dim?  What will the Duggars do with him? I know that the entire family has been totally brainwashed into this obsession with ministry, but Jim Bob can't possibly want his favorite girl Jilly trapped in Danger America where bad things happen.

no, that is why is picked Derrick in the first place. 

I don't know a lot of self respecting men who would willingly live under another mans thumb like Bin and Derrick do. Even Babe ( so far) as remained his own person

Bin I think will eventually GTFO, he was just a kid when he fell into the Duggar fold. 

Boob saw Derick and saw someone lazy and impressionable....the perfect combo. Tho I do agree I dont think Boob wants Jilly in CA right now. I can't believe she is going PG with zika going on over there. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I can't help but think Boob thinks Derick is becoming a liability to the brand, even though he's not echoing any sentiment Boob doesn't already have. From the way he got torn a new one on Twitter, #practicewhatyoupreachDerickDillard!

Jim Boob still wants to make his family likeable enough to keep an audience.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I can't help but think Boob thinks Derick is becoming a liability to the brand, even though he's not echoing any sentiment Boob doesn't already have. From the way he got torn a new one on Twitter, #practicewhatyoupreachDerickDillard!

Jim Boob still wants to make his family likeable enough to keep an audience.

At least Derick is honest and puts himself out there, no matter what you think of him (and I really don't like the guy), but kudos to him for not watering down what he believes just because of the risk of how it would affect TLC ratings.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Just when I thought the ding-dong Dillys couldn't get any worse.  Duggar assholery and hubris on full display.  If you understood the definition of discrimination, you can see it's not a bad thing.

So today we will discriminate against pregnant women with long,dry banana curls.  I found a Bible verse that says I should.  OK, Dillys?  Not OK?  Well, I'll clarify discrimination for you.

Some free advice to Derrick:  stfu and get a J O B.  You're welcome.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

They are begging for $24,000!

And that's just to cover THEIR expenses. How "frugal" of you, Dullard. Where's all that TLC and People money? The extra dollars they want are for rice, beans, and fingernail polish. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Oxford comma
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

*wild applause*

I just want to know how he thinks they're getting on a jet to return home to "have this sweet baby". Does he not realize that airline employees read People, US and every other scandal rag that's going to print her due date?

Plus, ZIKA: Those other people just didn't pray hard enough, did they?

• Love 4

I was typing this when @doodlebug's reply popped up! I also did the math: pre-delivery that would be 4 months tops down in CA, and @doodlebug has brilliantly analyzed that $24K donation goal for "expenses." 

Does Derick's use of "extended" mean he intends to haul his family back down to Danger America ASAP after Jill pops out Kid #2?

Anyway, I have trouble getting past his bullshit statement that this is "the work that our hearts love so much." Really, dude? And is that why your wife was a weepy sloppy sad-looking mess down in CA the last time? Also, when she did that TH about that terrifying night when she was home alone with Iz, and it turned out to be a shower rack falling down, I didn't get the impression that her heart LOVED being there in CA and doing all that interpretative dance work. 

Have I missed something? Is Jill all aquiver to return to Danger America? 

Or will we see tears aplenty from Jill on their teevee show? Because I bet the family will give the Dullards another big goodbye bash, complete with TLC crew and a big "DONATE HERE" box, and turn out to see them off at the airport. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 8

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding (easy to do with anything Derrick or Jill write), but are they saying that they visit a village only once a week, or a village for an entire week (and then move on to another village). Those are vastly different things. If it's truly only once a week, what are they doing the other 6 days?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

They are begging for $24,000!

I damn near choked when they asked 600 families to donate $40. There's no way in holy hell it costs 24k to do a freaking "term" in Danger America. What living expenses do they possibly have? And they want all this money so they can visit a village ONE time a week and do crafts with the kiddies? I'm honestly dumbfounded that scams like this are legal. Jesus would not be happy.

• Love 22

Jill and Derick are useless in Danger America.  In fact, they're more detrimental to SOS's mission because the only thing they've done since coming back is talk about what a dangerous and dirty place El Salvador is.  OK, Jill did bake banana bread for the ladies' day at her place.  They could have been doing fundraisers and highlighting the SOS's work while in the US.  They don't care about the people they are supposed to be serving, they just want the missionary title and any donor money to go to their lifestyle.  

Derick should have gotten a temporary job to fund the mission in the six months they've been back.  This whole thing is insulting.

• Love 24
17 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

What is wrong with Derek...All of America can see that Jill doesn't want to go back to Danger America.  I think if Jill could trade places with Jana she would!  

Doubtful. Jana ACTUALLY does stuff that matters. Muffy just sits and whines about how "super hard" it is to do anything .

53 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And he very cleverly tells us that a mere $24,000 will cover their expenses 'for the term' without elaborating as to exactly how long that 'term' will be.  She's due in July and they plan to be back in Arkansas by then.  Presuming they aren't leaving for CA before March 1 or so; does that mean the 'term' is 3-4 months tops?  They are begging for $6-8000 a month for 'expenses'? 

Bbbbbbbbbut math is hard! It will be their excuse when they get ripped a new one for "miscalculating". They're just SOOOOOOOOOOO misunderstood.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

Derick should have gotten a temporary job to fund the mission in the six months they've been back.  This whole thing is insulting.

Yes it is. They are making the baby Jesus cry! It's an insult to Christians and missionaries who are really working hard to make a difference.

• Love 13

Do leghumpers actually donate? I seriously want to know. Why would ANYONE donate money to these people? Maybe they should make their own merch so they can profit off of that too.

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

Do leghumpers actually donate? I seriously want to know. Why would ANYONE donate money to these people? Maybe they should make their own merch so they can profit off of that too.

This is what I would like to know as well.

• Love 3