Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I saw these earlier but wasn't in a position to post. I'm glad that Cathy is two years cancer-free, but I'm shocked that she can fit into a dress she bought way back then, apparently 25 lbs. less than she is now. I wonder if someone had to shop for her and just guessed her size or if Cathy gave the shopper her regular size, but she didn't realize how much weight she'd really lost? 

I stand opposed to every single one of the downright disgusting pieces of her belief system that she's posted on social media, but go get 'em in that dress today, girl! 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Those shoes look ridiculous with that dress! Or is it a skirt, tunic and modesty shirt rolled into one outfit. Yikes. Happy Cathy is better but wish she could help Jilly Muffin dress better.

Yes, Jill took a short dress or long tunic and stuffed a shirt under it instead of a camisole.  Then she wore all that over a random sort of matching the flowers but awkward length skirt and added shoes that went with nothing.  Most people would have worn a top that length with black leggings for a better style.  I looked at her and at Cathy and was all why doesn't Jill just buy dresses like that?  There are plenty of already modest dresses out there where she wouldn't look like she dressed with the lights off. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I saw these earlier but wasn't in a position to post. I'm glad that Cathy is two years cancer-free, but I'm shocked that she can fit into a dress she bought way back then, apparently 25 lbs. less than she is now. I wonder if someone had to shop for her and just guessed her size or if Cathy gave the shopper her regular size, but she didn't realize how much weight she'd really lost? 

I stand opposed to every single one of the downright disgusting pieces of her belief system that she's posted on social media, but go get 'em in that dress today, girl! 

Cathy looks fantastic and I'm glad she's well. I don't think she realized she  probably should have worn a black bra, but she's light years ahead of Jill in putting together an outfit. 

Though I don't agree with many of her beliefs, she rocks that outfit. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

"All better now!". Jill, you're not 5.

Jill can you say remission. Come on now, you can say it. Reminds me of my nitwit in-laws. They thought once my husband got his kidney transplant he was all better now! His transplant was a treatment not a cure. Just like Cathy's treatment was a treatment not a cure.  I cannot believe how simple minded Jill is portraying with her all better now. Cathy did not have a boo boo on her finger that a kiss and a bandaid would take away all the pain. I wish Cathy all the best even if I cannot stand her, her son, and her daughter in law's beliefs. I wish her husband would come out and spill the beans on what really happens behind the scenes because we all can tell he does not want to be part of the Duggar circus.

I don't think this has been posted yet (?), and oh boy, is there a lot of gobbledygook-speak here to try to figure out!

http://www.dillardfamily.com/blog?ID=229c8b16-a4bd-4e1a-9a91-9dddde6a1a8c 

October 6, 2016 - Dillard Family Stateside Update

As many of you already know from previous updates and personal correspondence, Jill and I have returned to the US for our stateside term.  Again, we want to thank all of our financial and prayer support partners.  Through your faithful giving to our ministry, God has provided a way for our family to follow His calling to missionary service.  Your sacrifice is deeply meaningful to us and since we began Dillard Family Ministries in June 2015, we have always strived to be honorable stewards of the call of God on our lives, the trust of those we are serving and the finances and friendship of those of you partnering with us. 

It is our greatest desire for the most support as possible to go toward the direct impact of reaching the spiritually dead of Central America with the message of hope in Jesus Christ.  We are thankful that we’ve been able to put ministry funds to the most direct use in Central America and have been able to cover all of our travel, except one trip there, and other indirect expenses with non-ministry funds. Your sacrificial giving is going directly to the mission! With Christ as our example, we want to help both the physically and spiritually destitute.  To read about how we have been doing this in Central America, please review our past updates and pictures.  Your giving truly is making a difference, and we thank you for your commitment toward the work of the Kingdom in Central America.        

While we are stateside in the US for this brief time, we want to continue to make the most of both our time and resources.  Jill and I are taking Bible classes, sharing the story of our mission with people in the US and preparing to return to Central America. Your support is helping make this possible. When our schedule allows, I’m also working a number of jobs in between for additional support of my family. 

As many of you with small children can attest to, everything in life becomes more complicated when you have a toddler; every minute becomes carefully strategized.  Even as I am writing this update, Jill is working on a research project for a class, trying to get as much studying done as possible before Israel wakes up from his morning nap, at which point any task will become immensely more complicated.  The other night, while Israel was sleeping, Jill was able to use her midwifery skills as a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) when she left in the middle of the night for about 4 hours to assist with a birth.  Anyway, I digress.  Needless to say, we try to make the most of the time when our son is asleep, employing tag-team parenting and family assistance when necessary.  Through focused time of Bible study in our classes, we hope to be more equipped missionaries, both here in the states as well as when we return to Central America.

Part of our role as international missionaries is to engage the American Church in missions, including what the Lord is doing in various places, as well as the importance for all believers’ involvement.  In doing this, we take advantage of every opportunity we can to speak to groups about international missions and specifically our personal testimony of the work in Asia and Latin America.  We’ve been blessed in the past to be able to present to groups ranging from children in AWANA to the ladies of the Women’s Missionary Union (WMU).

Being in one’s home country, and especially the US, does not mean disengaging or failure to initiate engagement of the international population domestically.  Twelve years ago I read Thomas Friedman’sThe Lexus and the Olive Tree, and it’s now more apparent than ever to me that the system of globalization Friedman spoke of carries with it new implications as well as unique opportunities in the seemingly borderless world we now live in.  Our world is becoming increasingly small, and it’s easier than ever to speak with someone from Africa, the Middle East, and Asia without ever leaving your home state or even your hometown, especially if it’s a college town. 

I have found this to be very true in my personal experience and, for this reason, I want to realize the opportunities, even in my own backyard of Arkansas, to build relationships with and really get to know people who have very different perspectives than my own.  Just recently, Jill and I were afforded the opportunity of attending a Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM) bonfire cookout for international students at the University of Arkansas, where we enjoyed hanging out and visiting with some awesome people.  As with anything in my life, my desire is to emulate the character and work of Jesus Christ the best I can.  I truly believe that we are living in a generation with unique opportunities that God is using to usher in the Kingdom of Heaven quicker than any of us may realize.  And, I love having a front-row seat to just get a glimpse of how God is going to fulfill Revelation 7:9.                 

We love hearing from as many of you as possible.   Please contact us via our website,www.dillardfamily.com, with any of these questions

• Love 1
Just now, ginger90 said:

"Spititually dead" for goodness sakes.

This all sounds like they have been questioned about there use of donated money, to me.

Agreed, and did all that stuff at the end about the world being small and connecting via the Internet, sound like a potential excuse to stay in the U.S. but still "cyber-serve" CA?

• Love 9

When his schedule allows it, Derick works a number of jobs. Really... He had a full time steady job at Wally World. And God forbid, he and the wifey may have to take care of their son. Boo freaking who!!! Pull the waambulance to the front door for a permanent stay. I am sure Jillyclingalong is happy her precious, wonderful, totally amazing family aka her unmarried sisters are nearby to take care of Izzy while she works hard on her studying and helping her while she assists someone bringing another life into the world with her amazing education skills. Seriously...*rolling my eyes with my bifocal lenses glasses on* I see less crap coming from farm animals in the area where I live.

So, Derick read a book when he was, what, 13 or 14? I can't see Jill reading it now, or being able to understand it, let alone being able to critically anylize it. "The world is getting smaller because of technology" is kinda banal and glib, oh highly educated Derick.

So he admits the mission funds are being used for their vacation from vacation in the US. Do other missionaries do this? Sounds wrong.

This whole thing is just a sad fundraising letter. "If you'd given us more cash we wouldn't have had to pay for that flight that time. Also Jesus, hellbound Catholics, a baby, my wife is smart (really), ministry, sharing, manbun, midwife to those people who actually count, and I'm pretending like I wasn't filming a reality tv show the entire time. Send money."

Tell us something we actually want to hear Derick, like how you're really paying for all this.

Oh, and nothing happens in Revelation 7:9  except for a bunch of people standing around. Kind of like his inlaw family.

• Love 9

And Derick, you moron, Jill is not a LICENSED CPM. She never took her entrance exams, so although she has fulfilled educational requirements, she still has work to do to be what you claim she is in your asinine letter to the people. 

And hey kid, those books on globalization are so 2000. As to his point, NO SHIT SHERLOCK. The world has been shrinking ever since "regular people" got everyday access to the internet. Nothing new to write about there at all, other than his book(s?) may have had a religious slant to it/them. I'm too lazy to look up the author(s) at the moment. 

What a tool. 

• Love 9

And Derick, you moron, Jill is not a LICENSED CPM. She never took her entrance exams, so although she has fulfilled educational requirements, she still has work to do to be what you claim she is in your asinine letter to the people. 

Or she took the licensing exam and failed it.  I think that might be quite likely to have happened.  However, it came about she lacks a state license in her home state and the nearby states.  I guess Venessa could have convinced her that state licensing was either unnecessary or inviting unwanted scrutiny. 

• Love 5

While we are stateside in the US for this brief time, we want to continue to make the most of both our time and resources.  Jill and I are taking Bible classes, sharing the story of our mission with people in the US and preparing to return to Central America. Your support is helping make this possible. When our schedule allows, I’m also working a number of jobs in between for additional support of my family. 

As many of you with small children can attest to, everything in life becomes more complicated when you have a toddler; every minute becomes carefully strategized.  Even as I am writing this update, Jill is working on a research project for a class, trying to get as much studying done as possible before Israel wakes up from his morning nap, at which point any task will become immensely more complicated.  The other night, while Israel was sleeping, Jill was able to use her midwifery skills as a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) when she left in the middle of the night for about 4 hours to assist with a birth.  Anyway, I digress.  Needless to say, we try to make the most of the time when our son is asleep, employing tag-team parenting and family assistance when necessary.  Through focused time of Bible study in our classes, we hope to be more equipped missionaries, both here in the states as well as when we return to Central America.

This part reminds me of the job applications I wrote as a teenager, trying to pad my resume with that summer I picked strawberries for a month and all those times I babysat (nannying! nevermind I got payed in chips and movie tickets!), worked at an archaeology dig as part of a school assignment and, of course, those school "work experience" thingies where I spent two weeks each semester in junior high packing groceries/cleaning hotel rooms/re-arranging books in an old people's home.

The reasoning that once Izzy wakes up, they both become fully occupied and have to put less important things like studying and working on hold is just ridic. There are two of them and there's one baby. One could study or work while the other looks after Izzy, and even the "babysitter" could get stuff done as long as they baby proof their house properly. Make a safe space for Izzy, give him some toys and let him amuse himself for a while and get shit done. Most people manage to do this every single day without making it sound like a big deal.

• Love 21

Posts like Derick's are why I had to disagree with the poster who thought that Jill was just like us. Derick demonstrates that he thinks that he and his Jilly Muffin live on a much higher plane of spirituality than 99.9% of the world's population. 

He only wants to "save" people to assuage his own massive ego. Same goes for Jill. Th*ey're both arrogant as fuck people who think their shit doesn't stink. 

I can't believe people fall for this shit. At least he admitted that they used ministry money for one of their trips back to the States. I wonder which one? Michael Bates' wedding perhaps? An event they really didn't need to attend in the first place? As usual, my response to these Dullard missives is a middle finger, accompanied with a good ole "Fuck you" for good measure.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

And hey kid, those books on globalization are so 2000. As to his point, NO SHIT SHERLOCK. The world has been shrinking ever since "regular people" got everyday access to the internet. Nothing new to write about there at all, other than his book(s?) may have had a religious slant to it/them. I'm too lazy to look up the author(s) at the moment. 

What a tool. 

I don't think there's much sign that Friedman's works were particularly religious except that it says he was raised attending Jewish schools:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Friedman

He was embedded as the Times' Jerusalem bureau chief for 4 years in the 80's, and also the New York Times' White House columnist for the Clinton years.  For whatever it's worth Wiki also has him winning three Pulitzers.

• Love 1

Derrick is close to word salad with that little missive which just goes to show much he didn't really learn in school. Who needs that English stuff when you are going to be an....accountant or a grifter.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 7

Sorry, I was too busy to google Friedman before my last post. So, this bio means that when Derick was 15, he was reading SECULAR material that he seems to still source to this day (I'm sure it was assigned reading for him in high school, nothing he searched out on his own). And yes, the message still so 2000-05. I have an entire shelf of books about globalization and the education of millennials, the bulk of which were penned in the early aughts. Now that I'm home, I checked my bookshelf, and none of my tomes were written by Friedman. But it sounds like the message is quite similar. 

Derick writes as if he just discovered gravity. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sorry, I was too busy to google Friedman before my last post. So, this bio means that when Derick was 15, he was reading SECULAR material that he seems to still source to this day (I'm sure it was assigned reading for him in high school, nothing he searched out on his own). And yes, the message still so 2000-05. I have an entire shelf of books about globalization and the education of millennials, the bulk of which were penned in the early aughts. Now that I'm home, I checked my bookshelf, and none of my tomes were written by Friedman. But it sounds like the message is quite similar. 

Derick writes as if he just discovered gravity. 

I was rather interested that the links indicate that Friedman believes in "green revolution" tenets.  So those who have guessed and christened Derick as heading towards the nouveau-hippie end of the spectrum, have got some bedrock behind their theories.

I hate to be a killjoy, but with a lot of non-fiction, people take what they are looking for and often discard the rest. We really have no idea how Derick interpreted Friedman's ideas, either as a 15 year old or now. By noting he read the book 12 years ago, I imagine he has a rather idealized view of Friedman's thesis. A lot has happened to him since then; no one is the same as they were at 15. If he had indicated that he had FIRST read the book at 15, I would be willing to cut Derick a little more slack, but even in his very carefully scripted missive, he did not say that. 

Based on everything else Derick has written, here or otherwise, I think Derick's view of globalization includes everyone under the same fundamentalist Christian umbrella. How he accomplishes this due to the "shrinking of the world" is far different than how anyone here would accomplish it. He's handing out candy and bibles; so many others are doing so much more to make today's world a more cohesive place. 

That said, I agree that Derick is extremely idealistic, and that was likely his takeaway from anything a secular Jew could have gotten across to a 15 year old Southern Baptist. However, idealism is mostly a trait of the young; life catches up to most people and reality sets in at some point. He just doesn't seem to have reached that point yet. TLC money has helped see to that. I don't think we will see a big change in him until he has to actually be self-supporting. Otherwise, we have another John Shrader on our hands; a man who will never grow up because he can talk about globalization and grift until the cows come home. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I don't think this has been posted yet (?), and oh boy, is there a lot of gobbledygook-speak here to try to figure out!

http://www.dillardfamily.com/blog?ID=229c8b16-a4bd-4e1a-9a91-9dddde6a1a8c 

October 6, 2016 - Dillard Family Stateside Update

As many of you with small children can attest to, everything in life becomes more complicated when you have a toddler; every minute becomes carefully strategized.  Even as I am writing this update, Jill is working on a research project for a class, trying to get as much studying done as possible before Israel wakes up from his morning nap, at which point any task will become immensely more complicated.  The other night, while Israel was sleeping, Jill was able to use her midwifery skills as a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) when she left in the middle of the night for about 4 hours to assist with a birth.  Anyway, I digress.  Needless to say, we try to make the most of the time when our son is asleep, employing tag-team parenting and family assistance when necessary.

On a slightly less ethereal note, I think the above is Dill's attempt at an Internet FU, 'See, Izzy isn't being blanket trained. In fact he bothers us all the time. The fact that he interrupts our special Jesus time is a-ok with us. No baby beatings here.'

• Love 9
8 hours ago, queenanne said:

I was rather interested that the links indicate that Friedman believes in "green revolution" tenets.  So those who have guessed and christened Derick as heading towards the nouveau-hippie end of the spectrum, have got some bedrock behind their theories.

He also believes he's going to live to see the end times. Kind of a wash.

• Love 1

Do they not realize that so many people manage to get their Bachelor's/Masters/PhDs all while raising families at the same exact time? Yet two able-bodied adults taking care of one toddler while one of the parents takes one useless, non-accredited class for fun and the other works the occasional odd job is supposed to be noteworthy?

Every sentence of that post is why Jill and Derrick are top on my list as The Worst and why I want nothing but bad things for them. They are such awful, entitled, arrogant, tone-deaf people even by Duggar standards.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, queenanne said:

Actually, the "green revolution" mentioned here is the opposite of hippiedom. This "green revolution" is all about increasing crop yields through the use of high-performance chemicals, basically. It's a "green revolution" in the Monsanto/Dow sense. Not the hippie/environmentalist/back-to-the-land type.

Doubt that Derick gave that aspect of things much attention, though. He's too fixated on stuff that looks to him closer to Jeebus-y worldbuilding, I expect.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, lulu69 said:

On a slightly less ethereal note, I think the above is Dill's attempt at an Internet FU, 'See, Izzy isn't being blanket trained. In fact he bothers us all the time. The fact that he interrupts our special Jesus time is a-ok with us. No baby beatings here.'

I expect that's true, although I think I'd probably not call it a real FU Netz moment, since I expect it's mostly a true description of things rather than a cover for their actual attitudes, the way most of the Dugg FU Netz stuff is. Just from what we see, I don't think anybody's beating Izzie or Spurgie at this point, at least. I have a feeling that's a place where both Derick and Bin would draw the line when it comes to their kids, no matter what Dugg traditions Jessa and Jill might think they should adhere to. Despite their flaws, I don't see either of the guys following JB and M down that particular path, for some reason. Doesn't look to me as if either was brainwashed in that direction the way their wives were.

• Love 4

I wonder if the trip Derick is referring to is Jim Bob and Michelle's trip in February that was "an impromptu visit" and seemed to kick off the Danger America rhetoric.  Last minute international plane tickets aren't cheap.  I can totally see Jim Bob making Derick pay for the tickets especially if Derick put Jill or Izzy in harm's way.  I can't think of any stateside trips that were impromptu.

• Love 1
On October 9, 2016 at 11:20 PM, Malvina said:

Wow, I can't know for sure, but that sure as hell looks like a window valance sewn onto the bottom of that dress. It's a pretty dress. I owned a similar one in the 90's that was actually longer than Jill's. I'm sure it's made its way to some thrift shop in Arkansas by now...along with the choker I wore with it. Jill could've bought my dress instead of uglying up a perfectly nice dress with window coverings and Dad slippers.

The arrogance and ignorance of referring to people as "spiritually dead" is just...wow.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

What is the "American Church?"

According to our Constitution, we are not supposed to have one. I totally missed that in my first read. Derick is now a moron AND a bigot. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

Cathy's kitchen looks so normal. I wonder if she envies the more modern one(save the dented fridge)  that her son gets without having paid a dime for it. (I'm pretty sure this came from her "cancer-free" weekend that was at her place. This is based on the front porch pic, and Cathy's post that her sons had been pictured there as well. 

I think Cathy still has to work, so I doubt this picture was taken today. 

• Love 2
On 10/10/2016 at 9:33 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Cathy looks fantastic and I'm glad she's well. I don't think she realized she  probably should have worn a black bra, but she's light years ahead of Jill in putting together an outfit. 

Though I don't agree with many of her beliefs, she rocks that outfit. 

HUGE peeve of mine!  Do not wear white bra's under dark clothes!  If Satan lives in black bras at least wear a nude bra!

• Love 2

We are thankful that we’ve been able to put ministry funds to the most direct use in Central America and have been able to cover all of our travel, except one trip there, and other indirect expenses with non-ministry funds. Your sacrificial giving is going directly to the mission! 

I wonder how this money is going directly to the mission? I don't really understand the whole mission thing; are they providing Bibles? Did they build a church? Talking doesn't cost money! Can someone help me understand?

• Love 2