Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Regarding all the crap on the floor, I'm sure this isn't the look Jana was going for when she fixed up the bedroom.  How long have they been home?  I see a black suitcase and possibly another one on the right below the red basket that looks like it still needs unpacking.  Geez, what a mess. 

• Love 3
Just now, Barb23 said:

Regarding all the crap on the floor, I'm sure this isn't the look Jana was going for when she fixed up the bedroom.  How long have they been home?  I see a black suitcase and possibly another one on the right below the red basket that looks like it still needs unpacking.  Geez, what a mess. 

Clearly she's waiting for Jannarella and her army of helpful forest creatures to come clean her house.

• Love 16

All that crap in the bedroom...maybe they don't have full use of a house.  Maybe they are sharing the pool house with the Smuggars so they do spend a lot of time in their bedroom.  I could see it, with Izzy sharing space with Marcus and Michael.

• Love 3

Teaching isn't the worst thing Derick could do with his life.  The school will keep Jilly Muffin from being a stage 5 clinger.  He has summers off to do missionary work.  Many school districts won't hire full-time teachers once the school year has started.  The best thing he could do for himself is work on his teaching certificate (which can be done online in most cases) and pick up subbing jobs.  Then when he applies for the full-time jobs in the summer, the schools already know who he is.

With his accounting degree, he could easily teach the basic math classes.  He may also be qualified for Economics.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Another middle finger to the internet! Jill writes something she calls a "research" paper. I wonder if she even knows how to structure one. As an accountant, I don't think Derick had to do a lot of writing in college. Well, it's not as if it's for a real school, so maybe they don't care if the paper doesn't have a clear thesis and arguing points. In conclusion, they're slobs. 

It's for a Bible class--one Jill is taking--so not a real research paper. He bibliography can consist of nothing but stuff Jim Bob has said during their family Bible study time and she'll ace it.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ozziemom said:

What a mess this room is! Maybe someday we will see a clean, picked up house as an Internet FU.

4 hours ago, NewDigs said:

I'm no Suzy Homemaker but that bedroom... 

And that ^^^

What kind of dorm room living are they doing??  That is the messiest bedroom for 2 grown ass adults with a toddler running around!!   What the hell are they thinking????  The bed isn't even made, it's just a bunch of sheets in a pile.  I just can't with the pure laziness of Jill.  Your ONE job is to be a housewife for fuck's sake!  You don't have to go to a job, you don't have to tend to your twelve thousand siblings any longer, all you have to do is keep your own home up.  Seriously.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, riverblue22 said:

All that crap in the bedroom...maybe they don't have full use of a house.  Maybe they are sharing the pool house with the Smuggars so they do spend a lot of time in their bedroom.  I could see it, with Izzy sharing space with Marcus and Michael.

Oh dear god I hope not. 

ITA about the bedroom. like couldn't you just shove the crap away for at least the picture? She has over 1 million followers- does she really not give a shit that she is posting her sloppiness for the whole world to see? She really must be clueless to how other people live. I am mortified if my inlaws pop by and there is shit all over my house never mind 1 million people. 

• Love 5

The wide-eyed, raised eyebrows, gummy smile is back. I thought she was toning that down. Well, the Duggs don't multi-task. This photo is "Jilly Can Read and Write." Other issues will be addressed in subsequent FU internetz opportunities. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Oh dear god I hope not. 

ITA about the bedroom. like couldn't you just shove the crap away for at least the picture? She has over 1 million followers- does she really not give a shit that she is posting her sloppiness for the whole world to see? She really must be clueless to how other people live. I am mortified if my inlaws pop by and there is shit all over my house never mind 1 million people. 

At least she acknowledges a messy room. Maybe she was working on her paper in the bedroom as a way of keeping busy little fingers off her keyboard and out of her hair while she got it done. Maybe that's why she hasn't picked up and made the bed. But I can't really criticize. I have a room in my house that looks much like this where all the clutter goes to live while I wait for the round tuit to deal with it. It'll get done, but it doesn't have to be today and the rest of the house is tidy.

• Love 6
Just now, Clemgo3165 said:

At least she acknowledges a messy room. Maybe she was working on her paper in the bedroom as a way of keeping busy little fingers off her keyboard and out of her hair while she got it done. Maybe that's why she hasn't picked up and made the bed. But I can't really criticize. I have a room in my house that looks much like this where all the clutter goes to live while I wait for the round tuit to deal with it. It'll get done, but it doesn't have to be today and the rest of the house is tidy.

I see your point- when I take a selfie in my room i push the messy laundry basket out of the picture or shoot around it. I don't want people to know how messy I am on a day to day basis lol! I can see how my comment " she must not know how other people live" was mess shaming ( haha) but I meant it more like " people pick up for company and also when you make an IG For millions of people to see" IMO.  :-)

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The wide-eyed, raised eyebrows, gummy smile is back. I thought she was toning that down. Well, the Duggs don't multi-task. This photo is "Jilly Can Read and Write." Other issues will be addressed in subsequent FU internetz opportunities. 

Yes, wonky slanted FU internet photos.  They make me stabby!!!

Good for Manbun getting out of the house. He was probably enjoying the freedom of being disentangled from his suctioned on succubus of a wife. I hope he keeps doing this, and it's not just a one hit wonder for an Internet FU. It's a lot more respectable an occupation than missioncationing. 

• Love 13

As someone said above, I'm sure he's not actually teaching anything as a high school sub. The teacher left plans and he just has to hand out the work and make sure they don't kill each other. I would actually be annoyed if a sub tried to teach content while I was out because subs are rarely if ever qualified in the content area.  Everyone just leaves worksheets or book work, basically busy work because no one trusts a sub to teach the material.  Elementary school is different because you're with the same class of kids all day so they have to do SOMETHING.  High school subbing is an easy gig if you have the temperament for it and can manage a class of kids that could potentially be filled with assholes.  I don't know how things are in Arkansas but my students don't generally listen to subs so they are disrespectful, rude, and insubordinate all day. Derick doesn't seem like he could handle that. 

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What is the fingerprinting for? I would think all states require a CORI to substitute teach, but it doesn't include fingerprinting. 

I wonder what subject Derick is teaching, and if he is a get called each day kind of sub or long-term. From the hashtag it appears it may have been for just one day.

Maybe its me, but once I had my own place I no longer hung out in my bedroom.

Fingerprinting us part of the background check to ensure you have no police record, especially crimes against children. 

And school districts that only require a GED to sub get what they pay for. Barely $10/hr. for certified teachers (7 period day, excluding lunch). Wow.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lemur said:

If it wasn't so early and a Monday, I might take a shot at writing Jill's "research paper" in the parody section.  

I saw a picture (on Pickles, IIRC) of Jill sitting amongst a group of women in skirts (heads cut off) all looking at the same book (not bibles; they had the same cover). It appeared to be at someone's home, although it could have been maybe a large church book store or something. I think that's the extent of her "class."

• Love 2

These days, I don't think any school or agency worth its salt will allow a worker or volunteer to be in the same room with a child without a background check . . . even if that person will never, ever be left alone with the child.  Sadly, that precaution doesn't catch all the pervs, but I think it's considered enough to release the school/organization from liability.

• Love 3

So many, many things to say. First....Big D a sub in a PUBLIC school. We all know how subs are treated a great deal of the time so let's hope he is hearing "F you" or better yet constant Duggar insults throughout the day. Welcome back to the states!! Unfortunately we aren't so amused with interpretive dance or Dum Dum lollipops or prayer cards. Jill and her "research" paper...the devil is bad, everything is bad. Jesus. The End.

Lastly....those fried Oreo cookies look like shit. That is all.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, poopchute said:

As someone said above, I'm sure he's not actually teaching anything as a high school sub. The teacher left plans and he just has to hand out the work and make sure they don't kill each other. I would actually be annoyed if a sub tried to teach content while I was out because subs are rarely if ever qualified in the content area.  Everyone just leaves worksheets or book work, basically busy work because no one trusts a sub to teach the material.  Elementary school is different because you're with the same class of kids all day so they have to do SOMETHING.  High school subbing is an easy gig if you have the temperament for it and can manage a class of kids that could potentially be filled with assholes.  I don't know how things are in Arkansas but my students don't generally listen to subs so they are disrespectful, rude, and insubordinate all day. Derick doesn't seem like he could handle that. 

Yeah I subbed exactly one time--and not even in high school. It was for a friend's class when we were both TAs, teaching Comp I. It wasn't an awful experience as far as subbing goes (I remember my own classes even as an elementary school student being meaner), but it was awkward just because I didn't know them and they didn't know me, and I was basically a glorified babysitter that they had no interest in listening to. After I graduated with my MA and was trying to find work, people kept telling me to sub for the local school districts, and that was just an absolute no from me. I can't even imagine dealing with highschoolers as a sub. 

9 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

So many, many things to say. First....Big D a sub in a PUBLIC school. We all know how subs are treated a great deal of the time so let's hope he is hearing "F you" or better yet constant Duggar insults throughout the day.

Didn't he go to both a public high school and university? I don't see him handling the sub position all that well, but I don't think he'd be clutching his proverbial pearls as much as one of the actual Duggars would be if they heard someone drop an F bomb. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I saw a picture (on Pickles, IIRC) of Jill sitting amongst a group of women in skirts (heads cut off) all looking at the same book (not bibles; they had the same cover). It appeared to be at someone's home, although it could have been maybe a large church book store or something. I think that's the extent of her "class."

Thanks! I was wondering about her "class" and had a hard time believing it was anything officially connected with a school. 

• Love 2

I think it's likely a bible study course offered through Cross Church, which is Derick's home church. It's a megachurch, so I suspect these classes are quite common and consistent with SBC teachings.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think it's likely a bible study course offered through Cross Church, which is Derick's home church. It's a megachurch, so I suspect these classes are quite common and consistent with SBC teachings.

I bet you're right! I was just on their website, looking at their Bible study groups, and it seems like they do have a lot of them. 

Edited to add: How common is it for churches to have research papers for their Bible study classes? I've never been to small group study session and wasn't sure if that was a standard operating procedure or not. Also wondering what Jill is defining as a research paper. . . . 

Edited by Zella
additional ramblings
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

I bet you're right! I was just on their website, looking at their Bible study groups, and it seems like they do have a lot of them. 

Edited to add: How common is it for churches to have research papers for their Bible study classes? I've never been to small group study session and wasn't sure if that was a standard operating procedure or not. Also wondering what Jill is defining as a research paper. . . . 

I doubt that Jill's writing qualifies as a 'research paper' in the usual sense.  She's just too dumb to know what an actual research paper requires.  Amongst other things, I presume she isn't doing footnotes or references nor is she going to produce any new or original thought on the subject she's covering.  You know, actual research.  She is probably doing something along the lines of taking a specific Bible passage and 'explaining' it using the SBC approved textbook for the class.  Or, taking a Bible verse and explaining how it applies to her own sinful life.  She's a Duggar through and through, no independent thinking allowed.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

I doubt that Jill's writing qualifies as a 'research paper' in the usual sense.  She's just too dumb to know what an actual research paper requires.  Amongst other things, I presume she isn't doing footnotes or references nor is she going to produce any new or original thought on the subject she's covering.  You know, actual research.  She is probably doing something along the lines of taking a specific Bible passage and 'explaining' it using the SBC approved textbook for the class.  Or, taking a Bible verse and explaining how it applies to her own sinful life.  Something like that, no actual research.

Yeah that's what I started to suspect. As I said, I'm not in the Christian small group scene, but I have friends who are, and I don't remember hearing anything about research papers. But then again, they would know the difference between an actual research paper and a writing assignment. 

• Love 3

Research paper???????

Jill has no idea what she is even talking about.  She is trying to look smart and well educated.  Maybe that is a good sign?  She is starting ro realize she is an uneducated fool and is trying to cover it up. 

Acknowledging you have a problem is the first step, Jill.  ;)

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Research paper???????

Jill has no idea what she is even talking about.  She is trying to look smart and well educated.  Maybe that is a good sign?  She is starting ro realize she is an uneducated fool and is trying to cover it up. 

Acknowledging you have a problem is the first step, Jill.  ;)

Seriously I would bet my paycheck Jilly couldn't write a research paper if her life depended on it. Which is sad, and not totally her fault, but enough already with the over inflated 'accomplishments'. 

I don't know many ( ok- any) college educated adults who would actually tolerate writing a research paper for funsies, lol. I did enough of that during school when I was a sociology major and am more than happy to leave that behind. :-) If Jilly wants to write research papers, she should get off her ass and go to a real accredited college and do so. With no job and only one kid I am sure she has time to be in classes at least part time. 

Just like Jana's a concert pianist, Jilly's three paragraph essay is now a research paper!

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I doubt that Jill's writing qualifies as a 'research paper' in the usual sense.  She's just too dumb to know what an actual research paper requires.  Amongst other things, I presume she isn't doing footnotes or references nor is she going to produce any new or original thought on the subject she's covering.  You know, actual research.  She is probably doing something along the lines of taking a specific Bible passage and 'explaining' it using the SBC approved textbook for the class.  Or, taking a Bible verse and explaining how it applies to her own sinful life.  She's a Duggar through and through, no independent thinking allowed.

My mother in law is part of a woman's-only bible study that's part of a national group affiliated with the Baptists, I think.  I usually start tuning her out when she starts in on it.  It's offered through her church, but you don't have to be a member to join and many churches offer it.  It's supposed to teach you the bible from the woman's perspective.  She does say it's pretty intense and harder then some of her basic college courses.  I forget the name of it off the top of my head.  Each "semester" they concentrate on one section of the bible, so you have to go for many years if you want to learn the whole thing.

They do have homework they do on a weekly basis in the form of "questions".  You can answer them in any format, but it's supposed to help you for the next week's lesson.  If you don't do the questions, you're screwed at the lesson since they expect you to do the homework.  I think my MIL said the instructor will read their answers, but nothing is for a "grade".  I'm sure if it's tied to the SBC, Derick makes Jill do a decent job so she makes a good impression to any higher-ups that would evaluate them for placement one day.  It's also a good way to get Jill introduced to high-level thought processes without the pressure of a pass/fail grade.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, yogi2014L said:

Seriously. I also don't know many ( ok- any) college educated adults who would actually tolerate writing a research paper for funsies, lol. I did enough of that during school when I was a sociology major and am more than happy to leave that behind. :-)

Just like Jana's a concert pianist, Jilly's three paragraph essay is now a research paper!

No joke! I was an English/history major and I have written more than enough research papers in my lifetime to ever do one for fun. And I say that as someone who actually likes doing research.  I'm still always reading up on new topics, but the hell if I'm going to write a paper about it in my spare time! 

• Love 3

Confirmation that they're attending Cross Church is in Jilly's comments. Dreck posted something similar this morning (his post was a CS Lewis quote). I guess they're in the "faith = proof" mode. Also interesting, she's not using KJV! 

• Love 1

Is Arkansas one of those states where "separation of church and state" isn't enforced much in public school? Because I really hope Derrick gets dinged for talking Jesus to the students. Imagine the blog post that would result from that!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Is Arkansas one of those states where "separation of church and state" isn't enforced much in public school? Because I really hope Derrick gets dinged for talking Jesus to the students. Imagine the blog post that would result from that!

Yes.  In fact, I know a couple of kids from down that way who had actual religion classes in public school.  

• Love 3

My dad was stationed in Arkansas for 2 years when I was 13-14 years old, 1988-1989. Satanic panic was all the rage in the South at the time, and we had straight-up school assemblies where they brought people in to warn us about heavy metal and Satan. One lady even furnished us with a handy list of all the bands with "known links" to Satan, which most of us saved and took with us the next time we went to a music store. (Funny note: most of the bands on the list were standard Satanic-panic fare, but I do remember, even at 13, laughing my ass off at the inclusion of ELO.) If there is separation of church and state in Arkansas, they never heard of it in Gosnell.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 14
39 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Seriously I would bet my paycheck Jilly couldn't write a research paper if her life depended on it. Which is sad, and not totally her fault, but enough already with the over inflated 'accomplishments'. 

I imagine her "research paper" reads much like Sue Heck's "Recipe for Peace in the Middle East" ala The Middle ...

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Aja said:

My dad was stationed in Arkansas for 2 years when I was 13-14 years old, 1988-1989. Satanic panic was all the rage in the South at the time, and we had straight-up school assemblies where they brought people in to warn us about heavy metal and Satan. One lady even furnished us with a handy list of all the bands with "known links" to Satan, which most of us saved and took with us the next time we went to a music store. (Funny note: most of the bands on the list were standard Satanic-panic fare, but I do remember, even at 13, laughing my ass off at the inclusion of ELO.) If there is separation of church and state in Arkansas, they never heard of it in Gosnell.

My Catholic school used to do the same thing, and every time my older sister came home with one, my father would immediately drive her to Sam Goody (remember them?) to buy the album.  

And your tidbit of mindblowing research for the day - "ELO, after being accused of Satanic backmasking on their 1974 album Eldorado, included backmasked messages in two songs on their next album, 1975's Face The Music.  "Down Home Town" begins with a voice twice repeating (in reverse) "Face the mighty waterfall".  And the opening instrumental "Fire On High" contains the backmasked message "The music is reversible, but time is not. Turn back! Turn back! Turn back! Turn back!". In 1983 ELO released an entire album, Secret Messages, in response to the controversy. Among the many backmasked messages on the album are: "Welcome to the big show" (2x); "Thank you for listening"; "Look out there's danger ahead"; "Hup two three four"; "Time After Time"; and "You're playing me backwards"."

Edited by Lemur
Grammar is hard sometimes.
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Lemur said:

My Catholic school used to do the same thing, and every time my older sister came home with one, my father would immediately drive her to Sam Goody (remember them?) to buy the album.  

And you're tidbit of mindblowing research for the day - "ELO, after being accused of Satanic backmasking on their 1974 album Eldorado, included backmasked messages in two songs on their next album, 1975's Face The Music.  "Down Home Town" begins with a voice twice repeating (in reverse) "Face the mighty waterfall".  And the opening instrumental "Fire On High" contains the backmasked message "The music is reversible, but time is not. Turn back! Turn back! Turn back! Turn back!" (listen(info)).[62] In 1983 ELO released an entire album, Secret Messages, in response to the controversy.[63] Among the many backmasked messages on the album are: "Welcome to the big show" (2x); "Thank you for listening"; "Look out there's danger ahead"; "Hup two three four"; "Time After Time"; and "You're playing me backwards"."

YES!!!!!!!!! The chick told us that Eldorado (the song) said "Christ you're infernal" over and over again when you played it backwards. Further to this, she told us that backmasking was particularly evil because it's mathematically impossible for a band to record sounds and lyrics so precisely that they know what it's going to sound like backwards, so the only logical explanation was that Satan played musicians kind of like how musicians play instruments, and that's how backmasking occurs.

PUBLIC SCHOOL, y'all.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Aja said:

YES!!!!!!!!! The chick told us that Eldorado (the song) said "Christ you're infernal" over and over again when you played it backwards. Further to this, she told us that backmasking was particularly evil because it's mathematically impossible for a band to record sounds and lyrics so precisely that they know what it's going to sound like backwards, so the only logical explanation was that Satan played musicians kind of like how musicians play instruments.

PUBLIC SCHOOL, y'all.

487v.gif

Anyway, you just know the kids saw Derick standing there as their sub and 90% of them thought, "FRESH FISH!"

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Yes.  In fact, I know a couple of kids from down that way who had actual religion classes in public school.  

The mere existence of a religion class in a public school doesn't necessarily equate a blurring of the church-state lines.  There IS such a thing as a religion class that teaches objectively about all world religions.  (I'm not saying that's how the course is taught in your area, though.)  In my small town, we could do with more of that kind of broad-minded religious instruction; people are so sheltered!  At my church, Episcopalians are seen as strange and exotic.

Satanic panic was all the rage in the South at the time

The 1990s Satanic Panic foolishness was even worse in Arkansas because of the West Memphis Three child murders.  (Not-so-fun fact: I lived in West Memphis for many years, including the time of the WM3 murders and trials. I know now that the WM3 case was a massive miscarriage of justice, but I've got to admit, at the time I was sure the police had caught the right guys, and I got nervous every time I saw a teenager with dyed hair and a black t-shirt.)

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Portia said:

The mere existence of a religion class in a public school doesn't necessarily equate a blurring of the church-state lines.  There IS such a thing as a religion class that teaches objectively about all world religions.  (I'm not saying that's how the course is taught in your area, though.)  In my small town, we could do with more of that kind of broad-minded religious instruction; people are so sheltered!  At my church, Episcopalians are seen as strange and exotic.

Allow me to rephrase that ... "Bible study taught by a non-denominational preacher/gym teacher".

• Love 5
Just now, Lemur said:

Allow me to rephrase that ... "Bible study taught by a non-denominational preacher/gym teacher".

Hahahaha . . . yeah, that sounds about right.  #smalltownliving #jesusistheonlyway #blessed

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Is that something unusual? It's perfectly normal here

A class ABOUT religion is normal. Holding official school assemblies to tell students that Satan plays musicians like musicians play instruments is perhaps a tooch outside of normal.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Aja said:

YES!!!!!!!!! The chick told us that Eldorado (the song) said "Christ you're infernal" over and over again when you played it backwards. Further to this, she told us that backmasking was particularly evil because it's mathematically impossible for a band to record sounds and lyrics so precisely that they know what it's going to sound like backwards, so the only logical explanation was that Satan played musicians kind of like how musicians play instruments, and that's how backmasking occurs.

PUBLIC SCHOOL, y'all.

Our youth pastor decided to play some instructional tape for the youth group about the backmasking in popular music. Since ELO was one of my favorite groups, I didn't sleep most of the night as a result and my non-churched mother called the youth pastor to ask why I was so upset.

It turns out that some of the big donor$ (AKA board members) were angry about the presentation as well. I don't believe he ever used the material again. LOL

I'm still listening to every group he named that night, too.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Is that something unusual? It's perfectly normal here

Religion - either comparative or through the lense of history - is a common topic.  Evangelizing on school time (being paid for by taxpayer dollars) is unconstitutional.  

• Love 13

no KJV and CS Lewis??? uh-uh...someone is getting pretty darn liberal! Add in the manbun and we have a reprobate here! Maybe Ben can shake some sense into them! Wait, Ben is a Calvinist.  Oh My God! Jeremy is a nutter and Josh is a vile freak. Jim Bob's kingdom is falling apart. 

I grew up in the late 70's Satanic Panic.  Seems there is a revival of some sort every decade? 

• Love 5

I'm sure I'm not alone in having gone to my friends houses when I was younger and noticing differences. Whether it be table manners, bedtime routines, parenting styles, etc. And in school the differences between two English teachers classes or a couple of professors' courses. Or in regard to a research paper, the different citing styles, e.g. APA, MLA or Chicago.

It is things like this the Duggar 19 have never really experienced. And because they have never experienced them they are totally clueless. So like many of you said Jill has no idea what a real research paper is. The closest she has probably come to citing something is chapter and verse from the Bible. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5

Truthfully, Jill probably wrote some type of a one page essay about a verse.  

She doesn't know the word "essay" but has bumped into the word "research paper" at some point.  She really believes you write a research paper for a Bible study class?  

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure I'm not alone in having gone to my friends houses when I was younger and noticing differences. Whether it be table manners, bedtime routines, parenting styles, etc. And in school the differences between two English teachers classes or a couple of professors courses. Or in regard to a research paper, the different citing styles, e.g. APA, MLA or Chicago.

It is things like this the Duggar 19 have never really experienced. And because they have never experienced them they are totally clueless. So like many of you said Jill has no idea what a real research paper is. The closest she has probably come to citing something is chapter and verse from the Bible. 

I agree with you that Jill has no idea what a research paper is. In my work life, I come across many students with the same confusion. However, the people I work with are eager to learn and don't post selfies to brag about their cluelessness. The Duggars are cursed with a self-serving arrogance that they assume everyone else shares. Their insular existence is at odds with their belief that they are at the vanguard of American thought.  

• Love 7