Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I kind of wish that Jill was the one with the Grub Hub gig. Because it would: a)Annoy her parents b)be a low stress introduction to the world of work c)allow her to talk to other people (I think she quite enjoys meeting new people) and d) Let her experience earning her own money.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Will Jill be the first of the Duggar 19 to have no child in diapers and not be pregnant with another?

She has maybe a few months to make this happen.

I would think this is already true. Also if they're preventing, she has as long as they want for this to be true.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

I would think this is already true. Also if they're preventing, she has as long as they want for this to be true.  

Sam is out of diapers?

And I meant she has the next few months of Sammy being in diapers not to get pregnant to make it be true.

Derelict does Grub Hub by himself all the time. Why accompany him on a day in which he had a 6 hour exam and severe weather warnings? I just can't with their decision making processes.

Maybe she was afraid to stay home alone. Is she afraid of storms?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm betting the "allergist" she's referencing was from an online site that quoted somebody with M.D. after their name.  And a list of things to do if your kid sneezes a lot. 

Probably a site something like momofboyswhosneeze.com

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Sam is out of diapers?

And I meant she has the next few months of Sammy being in diapers not to get pregnant to make it be true.

He's almost 2, don't most people potty train by 3?

mistyped this: He's almost 3. 

Edited by Temperance
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

He's almost 2, don't most people potty train by 3?

I believe 3 is the trend now. Back in the day it was at around the second birthday. I think typically, by age 4 all kids are potty-trained.

So if he's not yet 2 and won't be potty trained until 3, Jill would need to avoid getting pregnant for the next year to win the award of having no kid in diapers and not being pregnant with another.

• Love 3

Sam turns 3 in July. So possibly he's on the road to potty training or will be in the near future.

(I don't remember... did Jill post anything when potty training Israel? I hope we're not subject to weird potty training polls and hashtags in the future...)

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe 3 is the trend now. Back in the day it was at around the second birthday. I think typically, by age 4 all kids are potty-trained.

So if he's not yet 2 and won't be potty trained until 3, Jill would need to avoid getting pregnant for the next year to win the award of having no kid in diapers and not being pregnant with another.

I mistyped, because I got distracted. He's almost three. Most of the people I know potty train before 3, I think. 

22 hours ago, Zella said:

Maybe Derick mentioned Dorothy weather, and Jill took it literally. "There's a Dorothy he wants to see. I must distract him with my feminine wiles and lotion! Or I could just ride along. . . ." 

"Wait, you can have sex in cars? I thought you just went on dates and scarfed down Domino's Pizza on dates in them!" -Jill

• LOL 11
6 hours ago, leighdear said:

I'm betting the "allergist" she's referencing was from an online site that quoted somebody with M.D. after their name.  And a list of things to do if your kid sneezes a lot. 

Probably a site something like momofboyswhosneeze.com

It's a good thing she's never read Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland:

"Speak roughly to your little boy,
And beat him when he sneezes;
He only does it to annoy,
Because he knows it teases."

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
Just now, MaryAnneSpier said:

If I were a customer of GrubHub, I'd be not-pleased to see an additional adult and two young children in the car around my food. 

Especially in this current enviroment. I would refuse it and call the restaurant to cancel the order.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The hapless Travis Story as lead attorney. 🤣

My spidey senses tell me 1/2 of that team is Story and Ballinger. And as we say in Arkansas, those dogs don't hunt!

• Love 6

Yeah, I also considered Ballinger but wasn't sure if he was practicing atm. But he's definitely a crony of Boob's. I could see him in a consultant role if Derelict's book ever materializes.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I also considered Ballinger but wasn't sure if he was practicing atm. But he's definitely a crony of Boob's. I could see him in a consultant role if Derelict's book ever materializes.

He still has his website up, but to be honest, I've never met anyone who's hired him as an attorney. Lololol 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'd love to hear more about Jim Bob's crack legal team. 

Not to mention the unethical business practices that this article alludes to. I mean now that we didn’t know it, but verification is nice. I’m sure homeland security will verify too.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

If I were a customer of GrubHub, I'd be not-pleased to see an additional adult and two young children in the car around my food. 

Not excusing their behavior.... today I took my 77 yo husband on an hour drive out in the country to look at cows and barns and sunny skies with the end goal being a stop at McDonald's for his beloved chicken nuggets.  When I paid, the employee was a distracted young woman, with her little one in that tiny area.  I suspect finding good employees is tougher than ever and some compromises are happening. 

Yet another something to think about when trying to stay safe. 🤔

• Love 15

I’m from SC, and I called my paternal Grandmother Mema (like Sheldon Cooper calls his grandma on BBT). I think the Dillard’s pronounce it like it’s spelled. Southern people can go a little crazy with the grandparent names 😂

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

I’m from SC, and I called my paternal Grandmother Mema (like Sheldon Cooper calls his grandma on BBT). I think the Dillard’s pronounce it like it’s spelled. Southern people can go a little crazy with the grandparent names 😂

Yeah I usually see it spelled Meemaw, and that's how I am saying Mima in my head. I usually see Bawpaw as Pawpaw, but maybe one of the boys can't say that well, and it became Bawpaw. 

My Southern grandparents were always Granny and Papa to me, but as I said in my earlier post, Meemaw and Bawpaw and variations thereof are both really common. 

It irritates the hell out of me they are not social distancing, but I actually think it is nice the boys think of and apparently treat Cathy's second husband as a grandpa. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm hoping that Isreal just stepped back closer to Cathy. Being immuno compromised, you'd think she knows to stay away.

Cathy, noted author of “I shall not die”?

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Cathy, noted author of “I shall not die”?

Yup, her. 😁

in all seriousness, she's posted about distancing, so that's why think Izzy was at fault in that picture. He's probably just old enough to sort of understand distancing, but probably has no concept of what six feet looks like.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Yup, her. 😁

in all seriousness, she's posted about distancing, so that's why think Izzy was at fault in that picture. He's probably just old enough to sort of understand distancing, but probably has no concept of what six feet looks like.

Even then, that child has been around his father, in an enclosed space no less,who has been doing deliveries and is exposed to the outside world.  Plus that little child was also exposed to his other little cousins not too long ago. And we all know the kind of social distancing they practice.

Doesn’t the Bible have a lot to say about not testing the will of God? 

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah I usually see it spelled Meemaw, and that's how I am saying Mima in my head. I usually see Bawpaw as Pawpaw, but maybe one of the boys can't say that well, and it became Bawpaw. 

My Southern grandparents were always Granny and Papa to me, but as I said in my earlier post, Meemaw and Bawpaw and variations thereof are both really common. 

It irritates the hell out of me they are not social distancing, but I actually think it is nice the boys think of and apparently treat Cathy's second husband as a grandpa. 

On the other hand, I opted for being called "Mima" when my granddaughter was born, because I somehow wasn't even aware of the "Meemaw" pronunciation. My granddaughter calls me "Meema", but I have had a bunch of people, when they ask me what my choice of name was, say, "Oh, like in Big Bang Theory?" Or "Young Sheldon", or other hillbilly derivations. Mr. Jyn said he did not care what he was called, but since Grand-Jynlet pronounced (and still pronounces) "Grandpa" as "Papa", we kind of decided that since the other grandparents were "Grammy and Grandpa", Mr Jyn could continue on as "Papa". But now he keeps complaining that he doesn't like that name, but has no other one he prefers.

Oops...sorry...content....I do think those are sweet pictures, really. The boys look happy and relaxed, and it's nice to see them spending time with relatives who, though they might be a bit fundier than one might prefer in terms of politics and such, still seem to be able to interact without making every move be Godlier than thou.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

On the other hand, I opted for being called "Mima" when my granddaughter was born, because I somehow wasn't even aware of the "Meemaw" pronunciation. My granddaughter calls me "Meema", but I have had a bunch of people, when they ask me what my choice of name was, say, "Oh, like in Big Bang Theory?" Or "Young Sheldon", or other hillbilly derivations. Mr. Jyn said he did not care what he was called, but since Grand-Jynlet pronounced (and still pronounces) "Grandpa" as "Papa", we kind of decided that since the other grandparents were "Grammy and Grandpa", Mr Jyn could continue on as "Papa". But now he keeps complaining that he doesn't like that name, but has no other one he prefers.

Oops...sorry...content....I do think those are sweet pictures, really. The boys look happy and relaxed, and it's nice to see them spending time with relatives who, though they might be a bit fundier than one might prefer in terms of politics and such, still seem to be able to interact without making every move be Godlier than thou.

Taking response to Small Talk. 🙂 

(edited)
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Even then, that child has been around his father, in an enclosed space no less,who has been doing deliveries and is exposed to the outside world.  Plus that little child was also exposed to his other little cousins not too long ago. And we all know the kind of social distancing they practice.

Doesn’t the Bible have a lot to say about not testing the will of God? 

Well, we all know that these people think they are better than the rest of us and favored by God. But it's on both Jill and Cathy to ensure the grublets remain distanced from both Mima and Bawpaw (who is 10 years Cathy's senior).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
(edited)

It took me a while to realize that that was Sam in the fourth picture, not Israel. Sam's really getting bigger and totally looks like John David.

ETA: Fourth, not third. The one where he's climbing the tree.

Edited by madpsych78
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

More lake pics.

I'm glad to see the boys wearing life jackets around the water. Since the Duggars have never been big on child safety, so this is a step up. 

I called my grandma Meemaw. Just saying. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Especially in this current enviroment. I would refuse it and call the restaurant to cancel the order.

All Grub Hub deliveries I’ve received have been contained in an insulated bag, and the deliverer pulls out the order from the sealed bag. I don’t think the order is in any way compromised by multiple people in the car. 🤷‍♀️

Plus, orders are pre-paid, and it’s common for orders to be left at door to limit contact. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
(edited)
57 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

All Grub Hub deliveries I’ve received have been contained in an insulated bag, and the deliverer pulls out the order from the sealed bag. I don’t think the order is in any way compromised by multiple people in the car. 🤷‍♀️

Plus, orders are pre-paid, and it’s common for orders to be left at door to limit contact. 

agree  also who knows where the cars have been prior - are spouses, kids or whatever in the cars 5 minutes before they go to work for grubhub. did they go to a state capitol to protest then back to delivering right after?? you just don't know

you don't ever know who the driver or the restaurant employees are - is their day job/other job in a eldercare home/prison/grocery store??

you either trust them or you don't

i have heard of 0 cases traced to food delivery

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 6
  • Love 7

Not to get too off topic, but "mema" prounced me-ma is common among German speaking folks.  The internet offically says Oma for grandma, but Germans we've known have found Oma and Opa(grandfather) too close in sound and use Mema and Opa.

I know Cathy probably missed her grandsons, but they should be social distancing. 

• Useful 3

Oh thank God, they got brown stuff with beige things to stick in it. Otherwise Jill wouldn't recognize it as food.

Someone ask Jill about Greek homosexuality. Or Dillard family ministries ministering to Lesbos.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Oh thank God, they got brown stuff with beige things to stick in it. Otherwise Jill wouldn't recognize it as food.

Someone ask Jill about Greek homosexuality. Or Dillard family ministries ministering to Lesbos.

Well her brother Jason, Lauren Caldwell and Madison Nicole, photographer, went with a group of people to minister to the Greeks a year or two ago. (One or two years?) Madison went on a nice little diatribe about these people aren't real Christians or whatever bs she was saying.

Jill might know that several of the groups Paul wrote to in the bible were Greek, (such as the Corinthians). 

More bad weather forecasted for this evening, including hail up to 3 inches, 80 mph straight line wind, and possibility of tornadoes. Wonder if Jill is planning on doing another ride along. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

More bad weather forecasted for this evening, including hail up to 3 inches, 80 mph straight line wind, and possibility of tornadoes. Wonder if Jill is planning on doing another ride along. 🙄

Maybe they'll go looking for the Tinman and Scarecrow.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2