Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The person who "outed" Josh is certainly very proud of herself, but I can't support an action like that. In exposing Josh, she also exposed his victims, and that wasn't fair. It doesn't matter that the police report was redacted, there were so many other identifiers it didn't take a genius to put two and two together and figure out who was violated. Yeah, the FRC is a shitty organization, but they're still in business, so what was the point? All this woman accomplished was getting Josh fired. To me, that wasn't worth re-victimizing the survivors. 

I agree 100%.

22 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I know it's splitting hairs - but the molestations were fairly common knowledge among the townsfolk. The secret was already "out". It as the department's screwup that made victim. She may have expected that to go more professionally; I don't know.

You may be right, however she outed Josh to InTouch. Poor choice for a professional news outlet.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Mollie said:

As far as "re-victimizing the survivors", in the farcical interview Jill, Jessa and Ma and Pa Duggar gave with Megyn Kelly of Fox news, they all acted like it was no big deal.  Jessa dismissed it saying Josh was just "a little too curious about girls" and Jim Bob said sexual molestation was quite common in many families he knew. 

Exactly. They can't claim that the molestation wasn't a big deal at all and then cry about how poorly they were treated as victims when everything became public. 

• Love 13

Slight correction. The specials filmed in 2003 aired in 2004 (think Smuggar's shaved head). Discovery then made three more specials featuring Hannie's birth, moving into the TTH, and the road trip to CA, which coincided with Smuggar's 18th birthday. Those all aired in 2006. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Slight correction. The specials filmed in 2003 aired in 2004 (think Smuggar's shaved head). Discovery then made three more specials featuring Hannie's birth, moving into the TTH, and the road trip to CA, which coincided with Smuggar's 18th birthday. Those all aired in 2006. 

Here are the exact dates the first specials aired:

September 6, 2004

March 13, 2006

March 15, 2006

June 11, 2006

September 22, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_19_Kids_and_Counting_episodes

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 2

I don't know if I even want to open this box, but wasn't it 3 Duggar sisters and 1 family friend?

Jill and Jessa came forward.  The other sister chose to remain silent. The family friend remained silent but wasn't there a lawsuit recently?

Gee, Josh is such a nice Godly man.  Jim Bob should be so proud. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I don't know if I even want to open this box, but wasn't it 3 Duggar sisters and 1 family friend?

Jill and Jessa came forward.  The other sister chose to remain silent. The family friend remained silent but wasn't there a lawsuit recently?

It was 4 sisters and one friend. I do know that back in 2015, the victim who was still a minor at that time legally petitioned the courts to have the records destroyed/expunged and won. I don't know of any other lawsuit other than that and the Danica Dillon one.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jill, Jessa, Jim Bob and Michelle, on the other hand, agreed to TV interviews about the molestations because they wanted to publicly display their tears, their 'distress' over all the headlines and, most importantly of all, plead for the reinstatement of their reality TV show and their lucrative salaries. 

....and BINGO was his name-o.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

It was 4 sisters, and the two that didn't come forward are the ones who weren't asleep when Josh assaulted them, which is, I think, the reason Jessa and Jill were the ones to speak out, not because they were the only ones married at the time.

• Love 14

I think it was a happy coincidence that the two who were purportedly asleep were also the the married ones who were allowed to speak. The third girl (laundry room) was also of age when Joshgate broke, but in their world, she wasn't considered an adult until she married, so no, she couldn't speak. We just saw them reiterate this mentality with that inane interview with Jana and Jinger. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, lascuba said:

It was 4 sisters, and the two that didn't come forward are the ones who weren't asleep when Josh assaulted them, which is, I think, the reason Jessa and Jill were the ones to speak out, not because they were the only ones married at the time.

Oh Lord, I thought it was four total. 

Four sisters and one friend. 

Josh has quite a resume of perversion. 

• Love 1

Maybe Josh tested positive for a sexually transmitted disease? That would explain a few things...like no pregnancy. 

This whole topic is repulsive.  Anything to do with Josh turns into the most vile and disgusting conversations, doesn't i?.  We happily snark on the Duggars, analyze them and debate nicely.  Then Josh's name comes up and we all all descend into this pit of perversion.

I don't think I have ever said, in real life,  "well, maybe the wife is not pregnant because the husband has a STD"  On what freaking planet is this an acceptable sentence???   It's mind blowing how Jim Bob and his groupies think this is no big deal.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Maybe Josh tested positive for a sexually transmitted disease? That would explain a few things...like no pregnancy. 

This whole topic is repulsive.  Anything to do with Josh turns into the most vile and disgusting conversations, doesn't i?.  We happily snark on the Duggars, analyze them and debate nicely.  Then Josh's name comes up and we all all descend into this pit of perversion.

I don't think I have ever said, in real life,  "well, maybe the wife is not pregnant because the husband has a STD"  On what freaking planet is this an acceptable sentence???   It's mind blowing how Jim Bob and his groupies think this is no big deal.  

It's amazing how many scandals surround this ilk. Josh and the molestations, the Vision Forum guy assaulting his nanny, Gothard's history of preying on young women, Tim Robertson raping his roommate and the Willis guy attacking a female relative. I know this sort of thing happens in all walks of life, but aren't these folks supposed to be morally superior to us peons? They sure do have a lot of skeletons in their closets.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16

I have found that people are attracted to very controlling religions for a reason.  They have their own demons that they need to control and can't. They seek out a religion to choke them with rules and regulations so they are forced to live a decent life...and then feel superior to everyone else. Bonus!!! 

However, demons pop back up and you have all these scandals with people who proclaim such holiness and perfection.

Makes me concerned for many in this family....

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Lunera said:

When is the last time Ana was pictured ?I'm pretty sure is pregnant right now and in hiding. 

I think we saw fuzzy shots of her in the background at Jessa's baby shower, but other than that, nothing.

5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think we saw fuzzy shots of her in the background at Jessa's baby shower, but other than that, nothing.

I'm not sure, but I believe her last speaking appearance was at a jungle gym play place; she was wrangling her kids while Jill looked on narrating how tough it looked to have 4 kids. Jill wasn't going to lift a finger to help, but she did note the effort Anna was putting into the challenge.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 8

Baby Meredith is the only Duggar grandchild whose birth wasn't filmed...And her birth was announced days later..... I hope Anna isn't pregnant..How sad she has to sleep with that pervert and bear his children.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

I hope Anna isn't pregnant..How sad she has to sleep with that pervert and bear his children.

How sad she allows two daughters to live in the same house with that pervert.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Baby Meredith is the only Duggar grandchild whose birth wasn't filmed...And her birth was announced days later..... I hope Anna isn't pregnant..How sad she has to sleep with that pervert and bear his children.

I'm praying she isn't pregnant, but I have to admit the radio silence is alarming. Or maybe the Duggars no longer need Anna to play nice for the cameras since the show is getting renewed and ratings are good. They could've banished her to some hidey-hole in the woods where they've got Smuggar chained up 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Mollie said:

How sad she allows two daughters to live in the same house with that pervert.

I seriously doubt that ANNA allows ANYTHING, aside from dressing her kids. In order to maintain a lifestyle that's even close to which she became accustomed in DC, well, she's Boob's pawn. Smuggar? He's only a teecy bit up the Duggar Food Chain, and that's only because he has a penis and has supposedly been twice forgiven by Jeebus. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's amazing how many scandals surround this ilk. Josh and the molestations, the Vision Forum guy assaulting his nanny, Gothard's history of preying on young women, Tim Robertson raping his roommate and the Willis guy attacking a female relative. I know this sort of thing happens in all walks of life, but aren't these folks supposed to be morally superior to us peons? They sure do have a lot of skeletons in their closets.

Well, if you're attracted to a "religion" that is super-hot to suppress sex, then that's a pretty good indication to me that you're a person who, for whatever reason, can't accept your own humanity, your animal/biological nature, or sexual urges as something natural and normal. Something human, natural and normal that can nevertheless cause problems for other people if badly handled, making it your job to manage it in a considerate and thoughtful way. Plus, such religions tend to be all about authoritarianism, domination, and so on. .... So they're also going to be full of people who are probably deeply thrilled by rigidity and authoritarianism, in many cases because they want to be authoritarian and dominate others. ....

When you get people who are both overly interested in and terrified by sexuality while at the same time loving power and domination, that group is going to have a higher likelihood than others of producing people who use sex for power, seems to me. Cause that's what all of this is about. Pretty much every sex scandal -- and definitely all of these -- involves some guy who obviously is a sexual dolt, really (as in, would he be fun on a weekend away? NO.), but who picks out vulnerable people and uses sex, which he simultaneously hates and is obsessed by, to abuse and dominate them.  

I doubt we'd ever find a sex-negative, authoritarian group that wasn't home to much more than the average number of guys like this. 

• Love 19

It's a boy. How soon can one do an anatomy ultra sound?

On 3/15/2017 at 10:26 AM, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Anna is pregnant. The last 3 kids were about two years apart. 

Mackynzie 10/8/09, Michael 6/15/11, Marcus 6/2/13, Meredith 7/16/15

Yes, I'm quoting myself. Somehow I feel it's my fault for putting this out into the universe.

• Love 14

I came on here when I saw the announcement on Facebook to read the opinions of people who don't worship the Duggars. I truly hope this isn't a desperate attempt by Anna and/or Josh to save a marriage that really ought to end. If I were in Anna's position, it would be a very difficult struggle for me to allow him 1) near our children and 2) to have sex with me again. I don't know if she's a better person that I, or if she's just so weak with so few options in life that she accepts this as part of married life. 

• Love 12

I never thought Anna would divorce him, BUT I did think she may demand an inhouse separation and support by JB for staying in the fold. Josh could sow his wild oats elsewhere and she & the M-Kids could be supported. Not surprised though. 

It will be a few more years but Josh will fuck up again, PUBLICLY and leave the fold. 

• Love 9

I am saddened but not surprised. What we would do is a different story. We are not in a cult and we know we have options. I don't think Anna is there. Plus she is young and healthy and maybe after a while and some sweet talking, Josh didn't look so bad to her. And she isn't the first woman to thing a new baby will make things better.   Sad still for all those reasons  

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I'm waiting for the wording of the family congratulations that will come (or, will they?).

It would be spectactular Duggar Timing, since they've known she's been knocked up for months. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Ugh. I suspected this! We haven't heard anything about Anna lately, BUT the Duggars have sent out feelers about Josh lately. Was it his birthday recently? There has been an occasion or two where they have posted a photo of him, and spoken of him in kind words. There was also a baby picture of josh, Jana, and JD not too long ago. How sickening. How she can have sex with that disgusting man is beyond me! I could even see her peddling some crap like, "we had a long break from sex while we worked out all our issues, and the first time we did it, God sent us a miracle!"

• Love 2

I have avoided this forum for awhile, not because of you guys. But I just got too disgusted with Josh to talk about him/read about him anymore. But I saw the announcement. Holy hell. I alternate between pissed at Anna for not taking her precious babes and getting the hell out of there....and feeling deeply sad for her. I do feel that this is a woman who has had her agency taken away from her. I suspect she had little choice in bearing this "bandaid" baby. I truly worry about the mental and emotional duress she must be under, living with that man and being forced to do whatever Josh's family tells her to do. I just really really hope and pray none of those kids are ever abused the same way his siblings were. 

• Love 16