Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i agree. whatever joshua grew up to be, he still started off as her firstborn baby. she still feels those mommy feelings (not justifying her -- just acknowledging the truth). i would be devastated to see my son in handcuffs and know he is going to federal prison where horrible things could and likely will happen to him (that he may well deserve). its hard to shut down our mom-feelings. i am not surprised at her absence. but also, she could have been ordered by JB to stay home too.

And like I said, nobody plans to raise a pedophile. I can't help but think that Jim Bob and Michelle would have done things differently had they known. People can criticize that opinion all they want. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I didn't check out Reddit, but here's a tweet from a lawyer who says the whole hearing will take a minimum of 90 minutes - and that's IF everyone is speedy, which is unlikely. I can't imagine the judge would take 90 minutes to issue his sentencing order. That's an hour and a half of talking!

2107922970_ScreenShot2022-05-25at8_48_43AM.thumb.png.a4f7eba00470adec172bee02e2682608.png

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2

So at a time when mask guidelines are being relaxed ( not making a comment if this is good or bad ) Anna and Jim Bob arrive at the courthouse wearing masks? No one else is wearing one in the picture. Now would I wear a mask inside the courthouse yes ,not going into the courthouse but inside, but I don't think that's a go to for them. Seems like they are doing it to show off....Look how caring we are for others.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I didn't check out Reddit, but here's a tweet from a lawyer who says the whole hearing will take a minimum of 90 minutes - and that's IF everyone is speedy, which is unlikely. I can't imagine the judge would take 90 minutes to issue his sentencing order. That's an hour and a half of talking!

2107922970_ScreenShot2022-05-25at8_48_43AM.thumb.png.a4f7eba00470adec172bee02e2682608.png

Go grab lunch everyone!  We're gonna be here a while.  There goes my meeting.  I want to see how much weight FF has gained in prison.  I bet he's drowning himself in carbs.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Zella said:

They've never cared about appearances when it comes to masking. I think they may be wearing the masks to avoid photographers capturing their facial expressions and another repeat of The Sun having fun reporting how smiley Justin was when he left court. 

Some people are saying its because they don't have proof of vaccination that is required for a courthouse?

• Useful 17
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

So at a time when mask guidelines are being relaxed ( not making a comment if this is good or bad ) Anna and Jim Bob arrive at the courthouse wearing masks? No one else is wearing one in the picture. Now would I wear a mask inside the courthouse yes ,not going into the courthouse but inside, but I don't think that's a go to for them. Seems like they are doing it to show off....Look how caring we are for others.

If I were in their situation, I’d take any socially acceptable excuse to hide my face. Give everyone following the case as few hints about my true feelings as possible.  

• Love 18
Just now, Zella said:

They've never cared about appearances when it comes to masking. I think they may be wearing the masks to avoid photographers capturing their facial expressions and another repeat of The Sun having fun reporting how smiley Justin was when he left court. 

I was just writing a post to say that, when yours popped up. Masking up is probably the best "Eff You" that JB can give to the big bad world right now. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

The Sun is reporting that Joy and one of the brothers (Jason) are there.

Lol, the Sun isn’t even trying to differentiate between the Howlers anymore. Joy gets identified by name, Jason is “one of her brothers.”

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Some people are saying its because they don't have proof of vaccination that is required for a courthouse?

That's my guess. It's a federal courthouse so federal rules supplant Arkansas's policy. I don't think it has anything to do with hiding their faces. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

From the Sun. Which bro is that?

On reddit someone said Mr. Furley from threes company.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, cereality said:

I'm one of the litigators who has followed along here - totally forgot this was today. Do we have the sentencing memos - from Josh's side and from the gov't?

They're on courtlistener - here. We've discussed them on this topic.

44 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

From The Sun🙄

JUST NOW

Anna Duggar in good spirits

Anna Duggar was spotted in a blue dress with a jacket and looks "a lot blonder," according to the Sun reporter.

She was seen talking to a friend attending the proceedings as well and appeared to be in good spirits.

Maybe she's finally realizing all this time with him in jail is awesome

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

OMG Amy read her letter to the judge to The Sun, which diplomatically notes that her letter was not used by the prosecution. I just can't with this thirsty bitch. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

On reddit someone said Mr. Furley from threes company.

He's aging badly enough that it's kind of true.  The male Duggars are not an attractive lot.  

• Love 12
Just now, Zella said:

OMG Amy read her letter to the judge to The Sun, which diplomatically notes that her letter was not used by the prosecution. I just can't with this thirsty bitch. 

It’s her last gasp at fame. In a few days she’s going to be even more irrelevant.

• Love 10

I am surprised Jason is with Joy and not Austin who was at most of the trial. I so wish the Dillards would show up but I doubt that will happen as they are moving and he I guess is working now.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

He has some interesting picks for court clothes. One of my favorite things said about his getup last time was something along the lines of "Brother's got court at 12, but I've got a drug deal at 6." LMAO

I can't tell if he's supposed to be pushing an ice cart in 1975 or if he's a Velvet Jones wanna be pimp.  

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

It’s her last gasp at fame. In a few days she’s going to be even more irrelevant.

At least someone related to the Duggar's is outraged at what he's done.  I'm glad she's speaking about the victims, which NONE of Josh's other letters writing supporters even thought about.  But yes, she's thirsty.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, Boston said:

Shades of Pat Boone

Oh great, now I have Marty Robbins in my head singing 'A White Sport Coat (and a Pink Carnation)....

Hey, if this stretches into lunch that's good for me, we can meet up for sammiches.

• LOL 12
1 minute ago, CherryMalotte said:

Oh great, now I have Marty Robbins in my head singing 'A White Sport Coat (and a Pink Carnation)....

Hey, if this stretches into lunch that's good for me, we can meet up for sammiches.

Almost lunchtime here.  I'll make the tater-tot casserole (with a side of hard liquor)

• LOL 10
10 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I just saw that today the defense filed an additional letter of support for the defendant. It's from Denise Wilson, and as far as I can tell, she's the poor widow Josh helped that the other letter writers were were yakking about: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.arwd.62817/gov.uscourts.arwd.62817.157.1_1.pdf

Notice there is no specifics at to the amount he is giving.   Wanna bet that Josh never gave a dime, but she was persuaded it came from Josh and told it will keep up if she support him now.

Also pastor's wife in their cult.   She is brainwashed too.

• Love 11
(edited)

I hope the judge sees this for what it is - not just unlikely to be true- but a further indicator that the people surrounding Smuggar have no concept of the seriousness of his crime and will continue to shield him from any consequences or accountability down the road when he is released.

Edited by SusanM
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

This comment in Mrs. Wilson's letter of support for Josh just supports the prosecution's statement that the people around Josh seem to view his conviction as just something bad that happened to him. In this case I assume Mrs. Wilson in the highlighted phrase means the disclosures of the molestations, followed by his being outed as an Ashley Madison member and admitting to adultery - or maybe she also includes his conviction:

allbeenthrough.thumb.jpg.67a923a40f8d16e988682678d10e7898.jpg

Instead of his bad deeds finding him out, he's just a poor victim who despite "all he had been through," has been helping a poor widow and her nine kids. 

This nonsense is enough to gag a maggot. I'm glad the defense piled on by adding this letter.

So tone deaf. It underscores the point for the judge that this man and his family have no thoughts about his victims, about the victims of child sexual abuse, and that they basically only care about themselves.   Such disgusting human beings.  Their "Christian" card needs revoking.  I sincerely hope they all burn in hell.  

For those of you who didn't hear the infamous Larry Nassar letter to the Judge, it's very similar in tone and denseness.

• Useful 4
  • Love 19
Just now, hathorlive said:

For those of you who didn't hear the infamous Larry Nassar letter to the Judge, it's very similar in tone and denseness.

Here's hoping it works out as well for Smuggar as that letter did for Nassar.

About this last minute letter - wouldn't the judge have already made his decision about the sentence at this point?  Today is him letting Smuggar know isn't it?  Not him giving Smuggar a last chance at mitigation?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

If the judge makes scathing comments about the letters, it will almost make sitting through The Sun breathlessly devoting individual posts for every one of Amy's sentences as filler worth it. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

At least someone related to the Duggar's is outraged at what he's done.  I'm glad she's speaking about the victims, which NONE of Josh's other letters writing supporters even thought about.  But yes, she's thirsty.

If I was a victim of a crime, the last person I would want speaking on my behalf would be Amy.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, SusanM said:

Here's hoping it works out as well for Smuggar as that letter did for Nassar.

I won't be shocked if the Judge notes that none of the letters supporting Josh mentioned the victims.  And yet, they want the judge to release this man back to the family, who apparently doesn't care about victims at all.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I'd like it more if they reported "with elfin boy #3".

More like gnomish, IMO!  Elves are somewhat cute, which these boys are completely not!  😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, SusanM said:

I hope the judge sees this for what it is - not just unlikely to be true- but a further indicator that the people surrounding Smuggar have no concept of the seriously of his crime and will continue to shield him from any consequences or accountability down the road when he is released.

In his statements, Judge Brooks has made it clear that he's under no illusions about FF's character and those that support him.  It's hard to believe that his lawyers have submitted yet another useless letter.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

She can be fame-hungry and still be right. 

I just wish people would remember the victims.  It's never goes away for them, even after the Duggar's have faded into obscurity.  Even having victims in their own family means nothing to the Duggars.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5