Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I browsed the Prosecution's memo and the details are a thousand times worse than what was revealed during the trial. I don't know how the attorneys typed that thing up without losing their lunch.

I can't decide if Josh's supporters are willfully ignorant or as demented as he is.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I browsed the Prosecution's memo and the details are a thousand times worse than what was revealed during the trial. I don't know how the attorneys typed that thing up without losing their lunch.

I can't decide if Josh's supporters are willfully ignorant or as demented as he is.

I hope Anna and Michelle read that memo, although I highly doubt it.

• Love 8

More from the defense statement:

Throughout his life, Duggar has worked extremely hard to provide for his family.
Following in his father's footsteps, Duggar has worked in auto sales and real estate investment
and, more recently, in building and renovating homes. While Duggar's work pursuits are certainly
impressive, he is far from one dimensional and the letters from his family and friends make this
abundantly clear.

so basically - he’s done  the exact same kind of “work” every single one of his brothers is doing . Directed by his daddy.

That final paragraph of Anna's letter is just so tone deaf. Also did . . . did Michelle sign her letter to a federal judge with a heart for the i? I've seen her sign like that before, but that seems pretty tone deaf too. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

That final paragraph of Anna's letter is just so tone deaf. Also did . . . did Michelle sign her letter to a federal judge with a heart for the i? I've seen her sign like that before, but that seems pretty tone deaf too. 

I can't believe Meech signed her name like a lovesick 12 year old. 😂

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I can't believe Meech signed her name like a lovesick 12 year old. 😂

She really does write like a tween. Actually, I feel like that is an insult to tweens. One of the twelve year olds at my library signed an autograph for me a couple of years ago when she was being goofy, and her penmanship looked more mature and professional than Michelle's on a court document. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

How not to be taken seriously.

• Love 15

I bet it’s news to Mrs. Clark that FF has financially supported her and her children for the past four years. Anna and Michelle are not only low IQ, but are out of touch with reality. Someone should have edited the exclamation points and heart over the signature. These two morons have educated over a dozen kids? 

• Love 20
Just now, Cinnabon said:

IKR? And Josh showing a lot of interest in a widow and her young kids makes me anxious, not impressed. Talk about red flags!

Mrs. Wilson is in her late 50s, and their kids are pretty much grown. Didn't one of the sons do an AMA on Reddit regarding Smuggar? I think it was a Wilson, and he hated Smuggar.

• Useful 5

Well there goes Papa Johns down the toilet. I read the article about CSAM and I got sick to my stomach. Even though I have been a social worker and casa volunteer for 16 years it never gets easier to hear it.

I've never seen this before. It's the letter to Oprah asking the show to reconsider airing the Duggar episode. It looks like it was entered into evidence at either the sisters' lawsuit or possibly the big trial.

12532774-7720-43AE-A8CA-5F79FFD202E0.thumb.jpeg.35240ca8d30fe85db40013750017fd12.jpeg

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Mrs. Wilson is in her late 50s, and their kids are pretty much grown. Didn't one of the sons do an AMA on Reddit regarding Smuggar? I think it was a Wilson, and he hated Smuggar.

In the defense document, it mentions young kids, so it must be another family.

She explains that a close
friend of theirs passed away 4 years ago and Duggar decided to financially support this widow and
their young children completely beyond the public's view despite living a life largely in the
public spotlight. Anna explains, " or the past 4 years, Joshua has quietly and faithfully made
significant financial contributions to meet their needs. This was not because we have excess
income,
but because Joshua has a compassionate heart, and he is willing to make personal
sacrifices for the benefit of others."

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 3
13 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

friend of theirs passed away 4 years ago and Duggar decided to financially support this widow and
their young children completely beyond the public's view despite living a life largely in the
public spotlight. Anna explains, " or the past 4 years, Joshua has quietly and faithfully made
significant financial contributions to meet their needs. This was not because we have excess
income,
but because Joshua has a compassionate heart, and he is willing to make personal

"Significant financial contributions" = a couple of bucks, once. Because he was guilted into it. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

income,

It mentioned 57 year old Clark Wilson's death. I assumed the document referred to his widow and children. I guess there still could have been a minor child or two left in the nest?

• Love 1

Imagine that, learning to use an alarm clock in his 30s. Surely that's worth knocking a couple of years off his sentence.

Oh Anna putting Josh's excuse for missing funds in a letter to the judge is a no-no. Fed-Ex is likely knocking on the judge's door with a letter from the poor 'Widow Smith' saying she never received a dime from Josh.

Anyway, these are no longer alleged crimes. The FF has been convicted. I don't care if he was right up there with Mother Theresa, because no amount of good can overcome what Josh is convicted of.

I hope the judge has a sense of humor in all this and gives him 19 years.

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Imagine that, learning to use an alarm clock in his 30s. Surely that's worth knocking a couple of years off his sentence.

Oh Anna putting Josh's excuse for missing funds in a letter to the judge is a no-no. Fed-Ex is likely knocking on the judge's door with a letter from the poor 'Widow Smith' saying she never received a dime from Josh.

Anyway, these are no longer alleged crimes. The FF has been convicted. I don't care if he was right up there with Mother Theresa, because no amount of good can overcome what Josh is convicted of.

I hope the judge has a sense of humor in all this and gives him 19 years.

19 years and counting.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

I bet the guards are also aware of ff innocence and righteousness as well. 😂

They are really buying into to the JB idea that ff being in prison is just like Paul in the bible stories.  Surely they also expect an earthquake any minute that will open all the cell doors and ff will not only be free, but convert a guard to the correct god on his way out.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Zella said:

Well, her husband huffed to the judge that he, JBD, would not ALLOW certain testimony, and essentially dared the judge to go against his so-holy opinion. So I guess appropriate attitudes in courtrooms aren't something the Duggs care about. Which, of course, doesn't surprise any of us, I'm sure. 

Really this is exactly what comes of people holding the hardline arrogant beliefs they do, insulating themselves lifelong from outside influences and ideas, and then having their deluded egos massaged for years by a tv network, other celebrity-kissing media, and millions of viewers, many of whom think they're role models because they're on televition.

Thank dog these asses are no longer on tv. 

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I think I couldn't ever be a fair judge because if I saw these letters, I'd be inclined to give Josh the harshest punishment. The best things they can say about him are that he sets an alarm clock to get to work on time? That he (without any real proof) helped a widowed mother? That he has too many kids that he needs to be with because his fathering skills include "helping" clean up crackers? This would make it seem to me that this guy is one worthless POS and deserves to be locked away as long as the law allows. 

Yes a Judge actually can say t if the best thing they got about him is he sets his alarm and for honorable mention, he HELPED clean up spilled crackers, then this guy isn't really all that great a person. 

Isn't it amazing how these people have complete strangers coming up to them and making major declarations to them.   Sometimes with tears in their eyes.     

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

He also helped sweep up cracker crumbs. Shouldn't we give that an honorable mention as well? 🙄

You fight with the army you have!

I think what disturbs me most is suspecting that, the Duggs being what they are, some of them actually may kind of believe that the alarm clock and the help with cracker crumbs ARE testaments to somewhat superior character. The bar seems to be set pretty damn low in the Duggar circle, especially for some of their "godly men," who seem to get a pass on a lot of stuff based on the belief that they're ordained to be Jesus's most special people. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

No Anna, he is a sick and twisted piece of c---. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

I skimmed it. It's bad.

I don't want to talk about it again. 

My sister (who is a social worker) and I got into a pissing contest about whose job was more horrible.  She told me she had to listen to victims tell their story. I told her I had to watch the videos of the abuse.  It never leaves you.  I will take some of these videos to the grave.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I hope Michelle and JB didn't pressure Jessa/Jinger/Joy/Jill to write letters of support. 

How much you want to bet? I am sure Jessa would, not sure on Joy. I doubt Jill and Jinger would. 

• Love 7

Given their statements after the verdict I can’t see Jill, Jinger, or Joy writing letters of support. JB would have to be some kind of evil to even ask. I think if any sibling wrote a letter the defense would have included it in their report.

• Love 9
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I hope Michelle and JB didn't pressure Jessa/Jinger/Joy/Jill to write letters of support. 

As far as I've heard, none of the Duggar siblings have submitted letters of support.   That doesn't mean some of them weren't pressured by JB & Michelle.  Wasn't there one or two of the brothers who supported Josh?  Seems like those one or two would have submitted a letter.  Maybe even they finally came to their senses.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why would these questions be allowed to be asked? I would think the deposition would be limited to the case at hand. These questions feel more like tabloid questions than a fact finding mission for the case.

If the J daughters were claiming the release of the information caused emotional duress, they might have been trying to ascertain if there was emotional duress in the home before the documents were released?  

• Useful 4
19 hours ago, Zella said:

To me, I thought they made Jeremy look like a cowardly shit. So take with grain of salt because being reported thirdhand and I never could see many of the documents people were referencing. But what I saw quoted him as saying he did not think Josh was a predator, and if predators were in his neighborhood, he wouldn't want to know. 

Jeremy basically declined to say that a person downloading CP was a threat.  Because we all know if the "preachers for sneakers" thing doesn't work out for the wannbe influencer, he may have to crawl back to the gravy train of JB.  Can't offend the man by telling the truth about him.

• Love 6

Jessa's statement was a bit vague. Some showed up at the trial, yet made no statements. But I think Anna is the only one who publicly supported Josh's innocence.

With that said, someone could think he's guilty but also wish for a lighter sentence. Especially if they're thinking of the M & Ms.

• Useful 3
8 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

The prosecutors ask for the highest limit, Josh's lawyers respond with a 5 year minimum saying he's a great guy.  The truth is, this judge is very consistent with his sentences.  20 years is what we tend to get for distribution and contact offending.  If he gives a guy downloading and posseting CP that sentence, it will look strange, because he tends to give 7 to 8 years for that.  I don't doubt he will add on for the fact that he's already abused victims. The question is, will it go as high as 20 years. I think not.  I still think we are looking at 10 to 13 years.  Anything higher will see my fat behind doing cartwheels down the hall at work.

I'll join you and I can't even and never have been able to do a cartwheel! 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Heathen said:

Duggar is "...a profoundly hardworking man committed with every grain in his body to his family, his faith, and to helping those around him at any cost."

CACKLE. Who the fuck do they think they're kidding? 

Please excuse my language. 

I think I'm immune to these types of documents.  I was in court for the WORST CASE EVER (it needs a special font or something) and the guy who had his CP in folders with names like "littles" and "real littles" had his preacher stand up in court and say he's a great guy, good Christian, he deserves leniency.  I had to fight back scoffing noises.  The guy had 8 siblings and there tons of little kids around him.  What religious person puts children in danger's way?  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'll join you and I can't even and never have been able to do a cartwheel! 

Everyone do cartwheels!!!  Hand hand foot foot. I used to teach/coach gymnastics.  That's the  mantra we would say to the kids to get their bodies in the right spot.

• Love 4