Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Omg, some of these names are ridiculous. I love the people suggesting names that are already Duggar names.

I've noticed a lot of Millenials don't realize there's a fine line between a name that's unique and one that's ridiculous. I'm not sure if Jessa will go trendy or Biblical, I just hope it's something that fits. Israel is an adorable baby, but IMO, his name just doesn't go with him.

• Love 6

I hope they go with something biblical:

To keep with the J theme her parents started-

Jezebel

Judith (she seduces men and then beheads them...but she's not in KJV)

Jehoram

And also:

Delilah

Salome

Absalom

Of course they could make the names super you-neek by spelling them differently. Jessabel, in fact, looks downright perfect.

• Love 6

I've noticed a lot of Millenials don't realize there's a fine line between a name that's unique and one that's ridiculous. I'm not sure if Jessa will go trendy or Biblical, I just hope it's something that fits. Israel is an adorable baby, but IMO, his name just doesn't go with him.

Preach! When I see names written out I have to consciously try not to make assumptions about the parents (like you know, that they might be 20 year old uneducated/undereducated Duggars) when I see ridiculous amounts of unnecessary vowels and random substitutions of an a, e, or i with a cutesy "y" mid-name.

• Love 8

You just know they already have names picked out and this is just "public relations."

Jessa, Ben, and Jill all pimped the name game. It's a ploy for blog hits. I guess Jessa didn't get the response she hoped for when she posted the "preggo" damage control yesterday.

Boo fucking hoo.

• Love 4

Short of doing some rewiring or building an addition, making home improvements yourself is not illegal. Taking down load baring walls will compromise the integrity of the roof, and could lead to a future lawsuit. But what they're doing isn't much different to what the average homeowner does.

Sure. But Jessa was talking about plumbing and electrical, on houses that they would then be quickly flipping. If the Duggar kids show up in pictures online doing anything like that to a house that Jim Bob planned to flip, how is that likely to affect those house sales? I'd guess pretty badly That's what I'm talking about. It seems Jessa's post was also supposed to advertise that they're all in to the house flipping biz these days as their key moneymaker. But I question how that's going to work as people envision having their pipes and wiring installed by Jedediah and Jeremiah.

Well I am more than happy to nominate some of the more *ahem* interesting names we have mentioned here.  

Like Arrogance Ignoramus Seewald, Jr. ?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

Jessa is also disingenuous regarding "five generations." No one in the Duggar Kid generation has a RE license. I know this because they would have bragged about it. Working construction on flips doesn't equal working in real estate, except in the convoluted world of the Duggars.

• Love 4

Jezebel

Jehoram

And also:

Delilah

Salome

Absalom

Of course they could make the names super you-neek by spelling them differently. Jessabel, in fact, looks downright perfect.

Jumping Jehoshaphat?

• Love 6

Jezebel

Jehoram

And also:

Delilah

Salome

Absalom

How about Grifter Seewald for a girl or boy.

• Love 5

My point was that this school does not offer an A.A. or even a B.A. in Political Science.   By offering only 2 classes total in Poli Sci, there is no "major" available.  

His A.A. was in something else on their list of offered degree programs.  But it was not Political Science, no matter how badly he wants to pretend that was his "field".

If you read the admittedly cryptic descriptions of course selection for the directed electives, it references an expanded online catalogue that includes courses apparently offered by other AR colleges. If you pursue focused directive electives, it's splitting hairs as to whether it's a general AA with a focus on poli sci or an AA in poli sci.

• Love 2

If you read the admittedly cryptic descriptions of course selection for the directed electives, it references an expanded online catalogue that includes courses apparently offered by other AR colleges. If you pursue focused directive electives, it's splitting hairs as to whether it's a general AA with a focus on poli sci or an AA in poli sci.

I'm confused. One school grants the degree. I have never seen another school's courses approved as accepted towards that degree, only as accumulated for transfer credit. I just don't see that as legit. I also work at a community college, albeit in CA.

• Love 1

I predict that Ben will eventually attend Ecclesia College since (1) Josh has been spotted in the past wearing one of their t-shirts, so it is obviously a Duggar-approved Christian institution, and (2) they offer seminary-type degrees online, which Ben has shown an ability to complete and it would allow him to continue to "work" for JB during the day and pursue his studies on his own time. 

We sometimes forget that Benessa are very, very young. It will be interesting to see where they are in 3-5 years...

But seriously -- they should check the water. JB built the TTH house on dirt cheap land adjacent to a dump. I can't imagine how toxic the ground water must be.

We won't see social media evidence of them working on the properties because they're doing so illegally. Joy is laying tile professionally according to Jessa's Q&A on their official site.

Professionally? I'd love to know what that translates to from Duggar-speak. Trying to imagine hiring her to do a "professional" tile job, only to see her crawling around in a skirt and flip-flops with her hair hanging in the grout.
  • Love 8

I predict that Ben will eventually attend Ecclesia College since (1) Josh has been spotted in the past wearing one of their t-shirts, so it is obviously a Duggar-approved Christian institution, and (2) they offer seminary-type degrees online, which Ben has shown an ability to complete and it would allow him to continue to "work" for JB during the day and pursue his studies on his own time.

We sometimes forget that Benessa are very, very young. It will be interesting to see where they are in 3-5 years...

Josh also used to be on their board of regents or whatever.

Taking down load baring walls will compromise the integrity of the roof

Load BARING walls will also compromise the integrity of young, innocent Duggars. Walls that are getting naked must certainly be doing so with an intent to defraud. "Now quickly gaze down at God's fabulous parquet floor! NIKE!!!"

I expect this kid to come home in a onesie with advertising all over it like a race car driver.

Just like John of Patmos, the Duggars are foretelling a dark and ominous future that will resemble nothing more than the film Idiocracy.

I'm confused. One school grants the degree. I have never seen another school's courses approved as accepted towards that degree, only as accumulated for transfer credit. I just don't see that as legit. I also work at a community college, albeit in CA.

Hmm, I'm attending a UC for a graduate degree, and a limited amount of courses taken at another UC are accepted toward my degree. And many moons ago, as a community college student, while my general ed classes just provided transfer credits, as you say, the specific courses for my major that I took at the CC did apply toward my eventual BA in that field (that was also in CA). I do find it strange that U of A would only require--what--24 units in order to transfer. For a full-time student, that's less than 2 semesters/quarters worth of community college attendance. Bizarre.

Edited by SinInTheCamp
  • Love 6

Jessa is also disingenuous regarding "five generations." No one in the Duggar Kid generation has a RE license. I know this because they would have bragged about it. Working construction on flips doesn't equal working in real estate, except in the convoluted world of the Duggars.

It's is so bizarre none of the kids have their RE license. Honestly, that would be the perfect job for Jessa. She can exclusively represent the Duggers, all she has to do is show up at closing with Ben in tow, and she can have her face plastered all of town on signs. Win, win, win. Ben can represent her at showings or open houses, when he isn't working on the "lawn crew".

• Love 6

It's is so bizarre none of the kids have their RE license. Honestly, that would be the perfect job for Jessa. 

Jessa would be a great real estate agent.  Not letting the adult children obtain RE licenses is another way for JB to maintain control over his flock.  So protective and controlling that Jessa would have to go to the weekend class with a buddy.

• Love 2

Fire or Binstone are nice names.  I can't believe she still has over a month to go, it's going to seem like years.  Who wants to guess how many more selfies are going to come out before the baby?  I say 3.

You know Jessa would spell it "Fyre" so that it's a super special unique name for a super special baby.

• Love 6

I honestly don't think that any Duggar face, even Jessa's, on a bus stop bench or Realty sign is going to attract anything but the vandalism talents of Sharpie-wielding mustache drawers.  Jim Bob may still have his good old boy network, but I think in the Springdale area, the Duggar name on a business venture has lost any allure it may have had. 

And a real estate license means work.  And reading.  And math.  And that stuff is hard, y'all!   

• Love 11

89,000 votes so far on baby names. The Duggar's are urging us to hurry and cast our votes!

You've got to be freaking kidding me. They're desperate attempt at convincing themselves that they are still relevant and popular while trying to show their f'n friends their wonderful royal status amongst them still reigns, already pimping off their future offspring for their next fame fix. 

Go Away, Canceled, Be Gone, Show's Over.

• Love 6

Load BARING walls will also compromise the integrity of young, innocent Duggars. Walls that are getting naked must certainly be doing so with an intent to defraud. "Now quickly gaze down at God's fabulous parquet floor! NIKE!!!"

Just like John of Patmos, the Duggars are foretelling a dark and ominous future that will resemble nothing more than the film Idiocracy.

Hmm, I'm attending a UC for a graduate degree, and a limited amount of courses taken at another UC are accepted toward my degree. And many moons ago, as a community college student, while my general ed classes just provided transfer credits, as you say, the specific courses for my major that I took at the CC did apply toward my eventual BA in that field (that was also in CA). I do find it strange that U of A would only require--what--24 units in order to transfer. For a full-time student, that's less than 2 semesters/quarters worth of community college attendance. Bizarre.

Requiring so little coursework at the degree-granting school IS definitely odd. At least it is at regionally-accredited schools. I'm sure there are many non-accredited institutions where the rules are far more lax though. I worked in graduate admissions for 15 years at a major northeastern university. Although I only know the actual guidelines for my own state, I understand that most regionally-accredited schools require a student to complete approximately a minimum of one year of work to issue a degree. In other words, you can bring about 3 years of transfer credits with you for a bachelor's degree, and these can come from many different schools - I once had an applicant who'd been in the military and submitted about 15 transcripts with his application - but generally your final year of study MUST be spent at the school issuing your diploma. I would be extremely wary of schools that accept a lot of transfer credit, then grant that student a degree after he/she completed only 3-4 classes there. And there ARE schools like that in existence. As with most things, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. These days I personally think the smartest thing to do is to avoid the schools that advertise, especially on TV.

• Love 2

Just like John of Patmos, the Duggars are foretelling a dark and ominous future that will resemble nothing more than the film Idiocracy.

I also went to a UC (Berkeley, Go Bears!), and know people who transferred within the system with coursework counting. Unless that college is affiliated or in a similar system (which we admittedly don't know for sure), I don't get it. My college has four local campuses which are interchangeable, other than that you have to take a certain number of units at your "home" campus. I went back to school later in life, didn't get an AA (Cal State now offers Transfer AAs with automatic acceptance for transfers; you still have to get into the UCs the old fashioned way), and went to all four campuses as coursework and schedule dictated. I assume that those schools must be linked somehow for online studies? If one has more Poly Sci options, I guess Ben could have earned that degree, even if his home school doesn't offer the degree outright?

AR is weird, and seems to have lower standards, FWIW.

• Love 2

I guess Benessa won't need to get real jobs anytime soon if that report about two TLC specials is true.

It also explains Jessa's stupid baby naming shit yesterday. One of the leghumpers will get it right and be all aflutter when the name the Seewalds already picked is used.

I vote for Dumbasabagofrocks. It works for both sexes and pairs well with their friend's girl Heistheway.

• Love 3

I also went to a UC (Berkeley, Go Bears!), and know people who transferred within the system with coursework counting. Unless that college is affiliated or in a similar system (which we admittedly don't know for sure), I don't get it. My college has four local campuses which are interchangeable, other than that you have to take a certain number of units at your "home" campus. I went back to school later in life, didn't get an AA (Cal State now offers Transfer AAs with automatic acceptance for transfers; you still have to get into the UCs the old fashioned way), and went to all four campuses as coursework and schedule dictated. I assume that those schools must be linked somehow for online studies? If one has more Poly Sci options, I guess Ben could have earned that degree, even if his home school doesn't offer the degree outright?

AR is weird, and seems to have lower standards, FWIW.

UC Berkeley masters degree here, too!

No its not over. AP news just released Jill and Jessa ARE getting their specials, already filming.

Hope the network gets lots of backlash about these and they never air.

• Love 9

No its not over. AP news just released Jill and Jessa ARE getting their specials, already filming.

Damn it that really sucks.  Well I guess the sponsors of the show will have to reconcile their promotions with their anti-gay, pro-hatred, discrimination stance.  I'm boycotting the show and it's advertisers. 

• Love 14

I can't believe Jessa's getting a show. Her huge Duggar head is gonna need Bin to help hold it up.

If I wanted to watch 2 teenagers having a baby I would watch Teen Moms.

Seriously, the differences between these 2 and the girls and husbands/fathers-but-not-husbands on the Teen Mom shows are not that great. Under-educated teenage parents with no steady job outside of filming their lives - that description is equally valid for both shows.

• Love 11