Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Is Jessa's skin looking better in that burger joint photo than it has in a long time or is it due to some clever filtering? Going by her nose it doesn't look like she's wearing her usual pancake makeup.

I've noticed that as well.  I think Jill's has improved too! Maybe it's the release of <ahem>  hormones that has cleared up the girls' skin.

• Love 7

Opps, sorry. It seems like Bin really wants his own little God Talk tv show.

He's...uhhh...heh heh....gotta learn how to talk, first.

• Love 5

Yay our  generation will have a new Tammy Faye and Jim Baker!!

Jessa just needs to pile on more makeup and start shopping at TJMaxx. And Bin needs to go take some public speaking classes and boom!! 

**being slap happy that it's Friday made me type the above

(edited)

The sign now says "Be of God." So, like, if God created humanity, wouldn't we all pretty much be "of God" whether we want to or not?

Well, we know that they want everyone to BEWARE of God, what with their fire and brimstone approach to religion, so I imagine that "being" of God is actually less accurate, even if that's what they duct-taped their door to say. 

They think they're so clever, but they're actually contradicting themselves at every turn (ie. "tolerance," but deleting/banning people who don't agree with them). They're not nearly as smart as they think they are. I guess that goes with the territory when you're 19 and 22. The problem with these two is that it's highly unlikely that they will ever grow from these early missteps. Their hubris will keep them warm at night. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Their hubris will keep them warm at night.

Arby's and In-and-out this week. Body fat will keep them warm too. I guess at their ages they can get away with it. Like Josh did, for a little while.

They probably had a good private chuck at In-And-Out. Now that they can 'do it' without making Jesus cry, they're probably allowed to make double ententes.

• Love 2

How dare you, In-N-Out is delicious. If we're going to go with religious fast food chains, In-N-Out >>>>> Chick-fil-A.

I do wish the Duggars would stay away though. DNW to associate my favorite fast food joint with these jerks.

Are they travelling? There are no in & out burgers in NW Arkansas.

Maybe they are taking all these photos in fast food places because they are trying to get an endorsement deal. Or Jessa is a terrible cook.

They're in Arlington, TX for a homeschool conference in which Boob/Mechelle are speakers. TFDW is also tagging along; he took pics of Joy, Jason, and his boy at the same In and Out today.

(edited)

Oh, it's been too long since I've seen TFDW, who was never happier than when wrestling Josh in the mud. That scene had me howling with laughter! TFDW, always in his perfect khakis and dress shirts, was so overcome with lust that he tackled Josh on the spot. I don't know if it was really true but I like to think it is. And I actually do feel bad for the guy. If you watch his Youtube videos, he is so programmed in Gothard-speak, far more than any of the Duggar or Bates boys, I guess because he works at IBLP headquarters.

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 4

Oh yes, I know the wrestling really happened. It is probably my favorite moment on the show ever! I didn't phrase it well but meant that I don't know if it's really true that TFDW has a crush on Josh and had ulterior motives for the mud wrestling. :) But I really like to think so!

• Love 1

Folks, if you're going to talk about Josh and David Waller, please take it to Josh's topic. Or the Sweet Fellowship if talking about David Waller and Josh. (And yes, given the comments just preceding this, I did just giggle at that.) 

Thanks!!

• Love 2
(edited)

Why is Jessa's pregnancy not all over People magazine? Seems like she doesn't exist when Jill was on the People mag FB practically everyday. I know the Royal Baby and all but she needs to amp up her PR coverage don't you guys think? Gifts aren't going to just show up if you don't advertise with a chalkboard every week to remind the "fans" that indeed Jessa is pregnant.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1

Why is Jessa's pregnancy not all over People magazine? Seems like she doesn't exist when Jill was on the People mag FB practically everyday. I know the Royal Baby and all but she needs to amp up her PR coverage don't you guys think? Gifts aren't going to just show up if you don't advertise with a chalkboard every week to remind the "fans" that indeed Jessa is pregnant.

Maybe she's slightly less tacky than her sister? They actually have been posting a lot of what they're doing recently, but not focused on the pregnancy. The pregnancy is just there. Come to think of it, that's weirdly normal.

• Love 10
(edited)

I was a Fundamentalist (lite) and now I'm a Mormon.  I couldn't care less what Binjerminseewald thinks about the Trinity. I should check out the instagram fight, though. Could be amusing...

Just watched the vidoe.

I knew that name was familiar. Dr. James White. Alpha and Omega ministries.  He spends large amounts of time arguing with Mormons, trying to convert Mormons and ministering to Mormons.  (yawn)

Guess Binjerminseewald is trying to break out of small town Arkansas and bust into real religious fighting? 

Clearly Bin is dying to be a big time preacher. Wow.  He is hungry for it. I didn't really see it before but I see it now. Good Luck Ben.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think Binjerman pictures himself and Jessa as the next generation of Joel and Victoria Osteen, but it will never happen. Bin has a nasally voice that isn't well suited for public speaking. In addition he doesn't have the brains, experience or education to deliver sermons on a weekly basis. He probably figures that being part of the Duggar machine will keep him going for a while, but interest will wane quickly once they're off tv.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

Agreed. Ben is just one of many. That's why he hopped on the anti Mormon train.  Get a little attention and controversy going. 

Mormons don't care about you, Ben.  And most Fundamentalists have never met a real live Mormon.  They like to argue online with us or post anti Mormon articles. 

Maybe Ben feels Mormons are his calling?  Blasting Catholics didn't work out...try the Mormons...see how that works out...might be more profitable.  Poor Ben doesn't realize that while Mormons and Fundamentalists don't agree on some doctrine, they are actually quite similiar in many things. Ben would be shocked to know that. 

• Love 1

They are posting photos of themselves with fast food prominently displayed. I think they are itching to get an endorsement deal.

• Love 5

They are posting photos of themselves with fast food prominently displayed. I think they are itching to get an endorsement deal.

Yeah, it's VERY SUBTLE, but I get that idea too. :-) And it's an awesome gig if you can get it; you get paid to eat the crap food you're already eating!

• Love 1

ok I got really curious and went back to see the trinity video and it won't play on my computer.  Please tell me what he said, and I'll look here and gimme that old time religion for an answer.  Appreciated it.

Yeah, it's VERY SUBTLE, but I get that idea too. :-) And it's an awesome gig if you can get it; you get paid to eat the crap food you're already eating!

Even better, they probably got gift cards towards said crap when they got married - so they can eat there for free while trying to get endorsement deals.

• Love 3

The trinity video was nothing new to anyone who enjoys religious study.  Ben asks a few basic questions of James White and James White does his thing.  He explains how Mormons aren't Christians because they don't believe in the "Orthodox Christian" view of the Trinity.  Picks a few Bible verses to support that view and Ben and James White agree with eachother. 

James White liked the Duggar name to get his ministry to Mormons a bit more popular and Ben liked asking questions like "so tell me why the Mormons worship many gods" of someone who has a name that people might know. 

Seriously, Ben is a teenager but he was smart enough to find a flashpoint to step into...hoping to get a name for himself. I will give him that.  Mormon bashing is very trendy with Christians in general.  He is trying to jumpstart his God Career.  The Catholic rant on Facebook didn't work because Ben underestimated how many Catholics live in the USA.  He rethought his technique.  Mormons are fewer, weirder and he can get a boatload of various Christians to agree with him (even Catholics! bonus!). Enter James White.  Stealthy and crafty, Benjerminseewald.   He might actually have a career in religion afterall!  hahahah.

(I answered this question over in this thread because I thought it fit directly with Ben.  I'm happy to meet you over in the religion discussion if you want to wander off topic!)

• Love 3

The entire clan, as well as the Wallers, were all at the In and Out wearing those lame hats, so I guess they're angling for a very BIG deal. :D

Maybe the restaurants have considered that a Duggar endorsement might actually keep some people away? Unless it was a place I'd already been to, I wouldn't go near some restaurant "recommended" by the Duggars.

• Love 9

The entire clan, as well as the Wallers, were all at the In and Out wearing those lame hats, so I guess they're angling for a very BIG deal. :D

Doesn't In-n-Out print christian stuff on their cups. I'm sure the Duggars approve of cramming religion and shitty food down your throat at the same time.

• Love 3
(edited)
Doesn't In-n-Out print christian stuff on their cups.

They print Bible verses. Not the actual verses, but the chapter and verse numbers. As an agnostic, I don't have an issue with that. I don't automatically assume that all Christians are a hateful sort like the Duggars. But if In-N-Out were to get on board with a Duggar endorsement, I'd reassess because the Duggar brand of Christianity is something I am unequivocally against.

Hopefully Jessa and Ben were just eating there and not angling for an endorsement deal, because I don't want to reconsider my love affair with In-N-Out.

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 5

There are almost no in and outs near me, and the 2 I can think of create traffic jams on the main street with car waiting to get in.  I've heard repeatedly they are the best hamburgers ever.  I'd love to try one.  As for what they put on their cups, I have no idea obviously.  But they are a private business, and if you don't like the cups you can go elsewhere.  You are still free to patronize or not.  I hope we continue to retain a few rights.

• Love 2

Let's just say I am praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that this comes to pass. If the Duggars think they've had heat in the past, it's nothing compared to the nationwide boycott that would happen as a result of the Duggars endorsing ANY product. And imagine the fun when some of the companies they're clumsily attempting to get an endorsement by read their Instagram accounts or Bin's Facebook page!

• Love 1
(edited)
I've heard repeatedly they are the best hamburgers ever.

Best fast food hamburgers? Yes, IMO. Best burgers ever? No. I feel like people end up disappointed when they try In-N-Out for the first time expecting it to be the best goddamn burgers in the universe, so... I'm giving you fair warning. 

I hope we continue to retain a few rights.

Who's saying anything about taking away any rights?

Anyway, while In-N-Out has expanded into places like Arizona and Utah and Texas, IMO it's such a SoCal chain in terms of image that I'm not sure the Duggars would fit the brand anyway, religion aside. Even if California is a lot more conservative than people think. 

If the Duggars think they've had heat in the past, it's nothing compared to the nationwide boycott that would happen as a result of the Duggars endorsing ANY product.

But it'd be offset by the people flocking to patronize the restaurant because omg Christian persecution.

Unfortunately, I think the reality is still that a lot of people don't realize how gross the Duggars are. I post articles about the Duggars semi-frequently on another message board, and recently one poster mentioned, "I had no idea that the Duggars were like this, I just thought they were this nice family on TV!" The Duggars have been assholes for a while now, but some people still have no idea. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 5

We don't have In and Out here in NJ, but my son has tried them in Utah and he feels that Five Guys burgers are actually better and have a greater choice of toppings over the In and Out chain. The hats don't bother me, but it makes me wonder how Jessa is holding up. When I was pregnant, I didn't want to eat hamburgers or Chinese food, something about the smell made me nauseous. If she had to hang around the restaurant all day with morning sickness, that wouldn't be any fun for her.

• Love 1
he feels that Five Guys burgers are actually better and have a greater choice of toppings over the In and Out chain.

I'm going to take this to the Small Talk thread because burger talk is srs bsns.
  • Love 3

You know, (just like the majority of you guys), when Jessa and Ben first got married, I really had some sort of hope that they would hold off on having a child ASAP. Her personality seemed different than Jill's and honestly, whenever she talked about "starting a family" after getting married (before her actual marriage, though), it always felt really forced, like she was just saying it to make her parents happy for the time being. I felt really bad for her when I first found out she was pregnant. I just recently got married this past July (I'm 24, he's 28 and we had been dating for 5 years) and I still feel like we are nowhere near that point in our relationship where we should be having children. We're young and enjoying the married life. At the same time, he has an actual career and I'm a full-time graduate student getting my PhD. If you really think about it, what else does Jessa have to do during the day? If these women (girls) don't have kids as soon as they get married, what else can they do besides sit at home and twiddle their thumbs until their husbands come home?

• Love 7

I was really hoping Jessa would also wait a year or two before starting a family, but she is loving the attention and perks she's getting from this whole set up. Who knows if she's drowning in the Kool-aid due to all this new attention, or if she's been that way all along, but just suppressed being vocal about it until she was out of JimBob's house.  

• Love 1

I think Jessa is more "militant" (for lack of a better word) than Jill.  Jill is doing her own thing. Jill is really into her faith but I don't feel like Jill would argue and push her religion in such a strong way, ya know?  

I think Jessa has a much stronger pesonality.  "Don't mess with Jess"  came about for a reason!  She is strong willed.  She KNOWS she is right and is gonna let you know about it. 

I bet Jessa (and Ben) turns out to be the most outspoken of them all. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Didn't Jessa say that it was going to be strange for her to be in a house with just two people in it vs. the house she grew up in? With that being said and Jessa not having a job I can see wanting a child to keep her busy and keep the house full of noise. She doesn't know anything else.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2

I think Jessa is more "militant" (for lack of a better word) than Jill.  Jill is doing her own thing. Jill is really into her faith but I don't feel like Jill would argue and push her religion in such a strong way, ya know?  

I think Jessa has a much stronger pesonality.  "Don't mess with Jess"  came about for a reason!  She is strong willed.  She KNOWS she is right and is gonna let you know about it. 

I bet Jessa (and Ben) turns out to be the most outspoken of them all. 

I think Jessa is far braver and bolder within the confines of social media soap boxes and with her own siblings, than when in public. She acts terrified that she'll say or do the wrong thing when she's outside the Duggar realm, interacting with ordinary people.

• Love 1

Who knows if she's drowning in the Kool-aid due to all this new attention, or if she's been that way all along, but just suppressed being vocal about it until she was out of JimBob's house.  

What opportunities do these kids have to "be vocal" about things before they are married? I would guess how they appear now via social media is how they always were. Look at the video they did with Jinger, for example. I somehow thought she had drunk considerably less Kool-aid than, say, Jill, but it would seem that they all bathe in it. We can probably thank TLC for keeping this fact relatively under wraps up till now.

• Love 2

What opportunities do these kids have to "be vocal" about things before they are married? I would guess how they appear now via social media is how they always were. Look at the video they did with Jinger, for example. I somehow thought she had drunk considerably less Kool-aid than, say, Jill, but it would seem that they all bathe in it. We can probably thank TLC for keeping this fact relatively under wraps up till now.

You're right. They have no identity past the age of 6 months up until they start courting. That makes me both sad and angry for them.

• Love 4