Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: The Countess Bride

• Start Topic

On 7/20/2016 at 11:05 PM, Petunia13 said:

I think colored stones for engagement rings are chic. I love when people have an emerald or sapphire or something with a hint of edge. My ring was a boring cookie cutter one -a white diamond 1 carat princess cut. But it really is the thought that counts, I would never dream of snarking on someone's ring but I'm not a gold digger or pressed like Sonya. I think she's realizing her window is closing if she wants a sugar daddy or to be a trophy wife. 

Is $2,000 the going rate to potty train a toddler? I guess it depends on how many mornings and afternoons you have to be there for however many weeks which would interfere with holding a normie job in expensive ass Manhattan. I always think back to Heath Ledger as the Joker's line in the Dark Knight when it comes to negotiation. "If you're good at something, never do it for free." I interpret it as if you kick ass at something and they obviously want/need that ability, ask for as much as you want shamelessly. The worst they can do is counter the number or say no. Which they probably won't. But the high number will influence them into thinking you're worth it when it comes to those kind of odd jobs. 

I think that "window" closed a long long time ago for sonja

• Love 2
On 7/20/2016 at 11:05 PM, Petunia13 said:

I think colored stones for engagement rings are chic. I love when people have an emerald or sapphire or something with a hint of edge. My ring was a boring cookie cutter one -a white diamond 1 carat princess cut. But it really is the thought that counts, I would never dream of snarking on someone's ring but I'm not a gold digger or pressed like Sonya. I think she's realizing her window is closing if she wants a sugar daddy or to be a trophy wife. 

Is $2,000 the going rate to potty train a toddler? I guess it depends on how many mornings and afternoons you have to be there for however many weeks which would interfere with holding a normie job in expensive ass Manhattan. I always think back to Heath Ledger as the Joker's line in the Dark Knight when it comes to negotiation. "If you're good at something, never do it for free." I interpret it as if you kick ass at something and they obviously want/need that ability, ask for as much as you want shamelessly. The worst they can do is counter the number or say no. Which they probably won't. But the high number will influence them into thinking you're worth it when it comes to those kind of odd jobs. 

I think that "window" closed a long long time ago for sonja

• Love 3

Sonja wrote a blog from sunny St. Tropez:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/sonja-morgan/sonja-morgan-im-not-a-door-mat  She takes a couple of swipes at Ramona (this time about the first nice coat she has bought) and then explains she is embarrassed about her comments about Tom.  She claims he had given an interview and downplayed their relationship.  (Funny how people do that when dealing with the chronically delusional.)  Kind of a broken record with IF they get married and others saying Tom wanted to be around this group of women.  I think Sonja is the one touting that theory.  I doubt Tom wants to be around Bethenny, Ramona or Carole.  Has to might be a better way to describe it.

Sonja still sounds jealous. 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I both do and don't agree. Not about Carole, but about humor in general. It is one of those tropes that if you have to explain a joke then the joke isn't funny. However, some people don't have the background or experiences to find certain jokes funny or funny in the way that the person telling the joke intended. I just think about Dave Chappelle and how disturbed he was when certain people keyed in on the racist aspects of his comedy and missed the part where he was skewering racism and stereotypes. Humor is subjective and many people aren't attuned to find certain things funny and in those situations, you might have to explain a joke.

For example, my family has this very dark joke about my niece who has a brain tumor. A couple of months ago, my eldest brother emailed me, my siblings, and my parents to let us know that my niece, his daughter, had a brain tumor, they were having some testing done, and he'd keep us updated. And then we never heard from him again about her prognosis. If you asked him, he'd be willfully obtuse. You'd ask how she was and he'd reply that she's a the grocery store with her mom or at the movies. You couldn't pry the info from him. You didn't want to ask my niece because she's the poor kid dealing with it. My brother has this narrative that no one in our family supports or is there for him, but he's oblivious to the barriers he puts up to having a good relationship with us. I live closest to him. Periodically my parents or other siblings will ask me if I've heard anything about her prognosis and I'll reply "No, but I'm sure I'll find out 15 minutes before her funeral." It's a dark joke, but you'd really need to know my family dynamics to understand where I'm coming from. It's not a joke about my niece dying, but a joke about what a withholding dipshit my brother is.

P.S. they are trying to manage it with medication because it's operable, but the prognosis for surgery isn't great. One of my other brothers ended up asking my niece.

My problem was her blanket implication that if one doesn't get her jokes one doesn't get humor AT ALL.  She didn't say "I understand that not everyone get's MY BRAND of humor just that she has determined that people not getting her just doesn't get humor. Again, it's the way she's always putting forth the idea that not everyone is on her level basically. THAT'S what's really wrong with all of her declarations, disclaimers and explanations. Whatever the subject, people who don't agree just aren't on her level (which is fine by me cause to me her level is very, very low) and that's the reoccurring theme with her and her blogs/twitter.  It's all done with an eye roll and disdain that she would even have to address it for those who need help and therefore not worthy. As if it's a burden to her when in all actuality if she weren't so intent on being so ridiculously pretentious in her own self worth it wouldn't even be necessary because believe you me most of us could do without that particular quirk of hers. If she feels it will fall that flat that it needs such condescending disclaimers then why even? Oh that's right, to afford her the opportunity to include those condescending disclaimers. Girl does love being the only one in on the joke. Whatever.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Sonja wrote a blog from sunny St. Tropez:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/sonja-morgan/sonja-morgan-im-not-a-door-mat  She takes a couple of swipes at Ramona (this time about the first nice coat she has bought) and then explains she is embarrassed about her comments about Tom.  She claims he had given an interview and downplayed their relationship.  (Funny how people do that when dealing with the chronically delusional.)  Kind of a broken record with IF they get married and others saying Tom wanted to be around this group of women.  I think Sonja is the one touting that theory.  I doubt Tom wants to be around Bethenny, Ramona or Carole.  Has to might be a better way to describe it.

Sonja still sounds jealous. 

I think Tom "downplaying" their relationship is him giving the "relationship" the amount of relevance it deserves. It goes back to what I previously stated. Him getting engaged to Lu solidifies just how "solid" the arrangement he had with Sonja WASN'T and I think Sonja's more mad about their story highlighting the realities of Sonja's interactions and makes it really hard for Sonja to continue behaving as if she's just this hip gal around town that knows how to have casual sex in a "classy" way with real relationships mixed in. She's really pissed that this truly showcases what her hook ups really amount to and what it really amounts to is "slam bam thank you ma'am". Lu was a bit tacky with the description but I'm pretty sure it's more accurate than what Sonja's trying to sell us. With all this out in the open it makes it hard for her to spin her encounters into romanticized rendezvous that have some magical and personal connection to them. What it boils down to is that Sonja is humiliated and the only way to turn it around is by stating that Tom isn't being completely honest and that Lu is being delusional but the truth is... Sonja is the only one grasping to the idea that these men that make pit stops in her bed are all in some way connected to her in a respectful and honorable way. Maybe some are but my guess is that most are there to hit it and quit it... Until the next time she allows it that is... It's a shame cause I think Sonja's having a seriously rude awakening about her actions and how it truly looks.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Agree on Carole.  Of course, I personally think women of a certain age look better with their hair a little shorter rather than longer.  Shoulder length, slightly below shoulder length is a good look.  I mean, all you need to do is look at Ramona and that hair/extensions and see that it drags a face down, no matter how plumped up it might be with fillers.

Aviva is a perfect example of it to me.  Even though her face looks way plumped up with fillers, I love her hair like this as opposed to her former mermaid hair.rhony-100-avivia.jpg

Didn't recognize her  -but knowing her personality?

It's the ugliness INSIDE that defeats any thing visible.

• Love 5

Jesus.  That huge, scary Aviva pic will haunt my dreams tonight!  That is one tight face.  It almost looks like plastic.

Really. She can mark a fear of toxins off her endless list of phobias.

• Love 6
(edited)

Just read Sonja's blog. Sonja's being outted and she doesn't like it one bit. I can't believe at her age that she doesn't understand that men don't equate a romp under the covers as something binding and special. I don't think it's up to Tom to hold on to the romanticized version of their encounters in order to appease Sonja and her ego especially since she tried to use her connection to Tom to humiliate Lu. I mean, maybe if she wasn't so quick to out private moments so openly and for the purpose of diminishing his CURRENT attraction and commitment with Lu then she wouldn't be faced with such an embarrassing wake up call for all of "the masses" to see. LOL!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

This is awful, but the first thing I noticed (after realizing it was Aviva, which took a second) was that the texture of her face is similar to the texture of a prosthetic limb.

You shouldn't feel bad.

Imagine showing up at a function with a face that is 20 years older than your leg?

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:18 AM, ElDosEquis said:

The jealousy that the women are showing towards Lulu is them 'protecting' the group dynamic.

They are afraid that Lu's marriage is going to affect the group dynamic and/or they won't be any more Countess to come out and play with.

They are just scared - they aren't about to share her with anyone.

I think this is fairly accurate. I also think if Luann marries it means she has an upper hand. And the fact that 2 other wives made a stab at the same man, another is dating a 28 year old salad arranger and the biggest harpy is dating a still married man only highlights that perception.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, robroy said:

I think this is fairly accurate. I also think if Luann marries it means she has an upper hand. And the fact that 2 other wives made a stab at the same man, another is dating a 28 year old salad arranger and the biggest harpy is dating a still married man only highlights that perception.

And to think she put in the least amount of time and currently it appears as if she has the most to gain. He who laughs, lasts.  Lol. Lu moved on up from romps in the cemetery to romance in penthouses on the UES. 

2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Why is everyone jumping all over the Countess' shit about the ring?

Talk to tom about it.

He is the one that bought it.

I hear ya but Luanne being the doyenne of all things chic cest la vie actually accepted it. Who says money cant buy you ....glass? :-$ 

• Love 3
On 7/21/2016 at 1:29 PM, ghoulina said:

What does menopausal have to do with anything?

THANK YOU!  And to give proper credit, this was not from Ghoulina but ButterQueen (no idea why it keeps popping up previous posts so I am cutting and pasting).  

ANYHOO, I am very tired of menopause being used as a means to insult women.  Really?  We ALL go through this if we are lucky to live long enough.  Its akin to blaming a bad mood on PMS or cramps.  Besides some of us go through this at a fairly young age (but to you whippersnappers tossing out this insult, call me Methuselah).  Now let me go back to my rocking chair and throw blanket while I wait for my Geritol to kick in.

• Love 17
(edited)
9 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Just read Sonja's blog. Sonja's being outted and she doesn't like it one bit. I can't believe at her age that she doesn't understand that men don't equate a romp under the covers as something binding and special. I don't think it's up to Tom to hold on to the romanticized version of their encounters in order to appease Sonja and her ego especially since she tried to use her connection to Tom to humiliate Lu. I mean, maybe if she wasn't so quick to out private moments so openly and for the purpose of diminishing his CURRENT attraction and commitment with Lu then she wouldn't be faced with such an embarrassing wake up call for all of "the masses" to see. LOL!

Idk, Sonja really lost me with her casual throw-away reveal that she's been Tom's fuck buddy for 10 years.  What did she hope to sccomplish?  We know Lu is very sexually open & likely couldn't care less what his sexual background is.  

Ah, but Lu is ALL about discretion & I think that's her main motivation to be secretive about her promiscuity.  The Count surely demanded it of her & she seems to live her life this way.  

Hey, I'm fine with Lu's obsession with discretion when it comes to her active sex life.  I think it's dignified & I for one totally endorse it.  Now, does it also make her an outright liar, a phony baloney & a hypocrite when it comes to the way she sometimes judges others?  Hell yes.  

Hey, I'm with Lu on her discretionary shtick & I never wanna see Bethenny pull her foul Godzilla act on Lu about this topic ever again.  It was unnecessary & uncalled for.  I'm convinced monster Bethenny has bullshitted us plenty & is not one to give anyone screaming lectures on hypocrisy.

Sonja OTOH knows no bounds & seems to have no understanding of discretion.  Maybe that's one of the reasons she often comes off so lowball.  My guess on her Tom-reveal was a pitch for cam time, which has been drastically reduced.  It was pretty thoughtless & self-absorbed.  And just a mean thing to do to Lu, when she surely knows how much discretion matters to Lu.

I'm not thrilled with Sonja this season.  I may despise Bethenny's awful & humorless Godzilla routine this season (cuz it's been so unenjoyable & painful to watch), but I was totally on her side about the Tipsy Girl nonsense.  Bethenny was right when she said it was "shady". And yet, Bethenny's forgiveness of Sonja last ep rang very, very false -- especially given how we know how she holds onto grudges forever & ever & ever . . .

That all said, I still find Sonja entertaining.  She still brings a levity & lightness & humor the show so desperately needs, now that the reign of terror from the Bethenny monster has taken control.  So in spite of what's going on with her now (the Tipsy Girl crap & this Tom reveal), I hope she doesn't get booted from the show.  I mean, we never quite know just what the Bethenny monster will do if crossed.  Well, yeah, actually we kinda do.  Doesn't she always exact some sort of revenge -- eventually?  Didn't she also forgive Jillzy too (well, sorta)?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Idk, Sonja really lost me with her casual throw-away reveal that she's been Tom's fuck buddy for 10 years.  What did she hope to sccomplish?  We know Lu is very sexually open & likely couldn't care less what his sexual background is.  

Ah, but Lu is ALL about discretion & I think that's her main motivation to be secretive about her promiscuity.  The Count surely demanded it of her & she seems to live her life this way.  

Hey, I'm fine with Lu's obsession with discretion when it comes to her active sex life.  I think it's dignified & I for one totally endorse it.  Now, does it also make her an outright liar, a phony baloney & a hypocrite when it comes to the way she sometimes judges others?  Hell yes.  

Hey, I'm with Lu on her discretionary shtick & I never wanna see Bethenny pull her foul Godzilla act on Lu about this topic ever again.  It was unnecessary & uncalled for.  I'm convinced monster Bethenny has bullshitted us plenty & is not one to give anyone screaming lectures on hypocrisy.

Sonja OTOH knows no bounds & seems to have no understanding of discretion.  Maybe that's one of the reasons she often comes off so lowball.  My guess on her Tom-reveal was a pitch for cam time, which has been drastically reduced.  It was pretty thoughtless & self-absorbed.  And just a mean thing to do to Lu, when she surely knows how much discetion matters to Lu.

I'm not thrilled with Sonja this season.  I may despise Bethenny's awful & humorless Godzilla routine this season (cuz it's been so unenjoyable & painful to watch), but I was totally on her side about the Tipsy Girl nonsense.  Bethenny was right when she said it was "shady". And yet, Bethenny's forgiveness of Sonja last ep rang very, very false -- especially given how we know how she holds onto grudges forever & ever & ever . . .

That all said, I still find Sonja entertaining.  She still brings a levity & lightness & humor the show so desperately needs, now that the reign of terror from the Bethenny monster has taken control.  So in spite of what's going on with her now (the Tipsy Girl crap & this Tom reveal), I hope she doesn't get booted from the show.  I mean, we never quite know just what the Bethenny monster will do if crossed.  Well, yeah, actually we kinda do.  Doesn't she always exact some sort of revenge -- eventually?  Didn't she also forgive Jillzy too (well, sorta)?

Imagine if a friend of the groom started saying he was friends with benefits with the bride to be for the last ten years on the down low.  He would be labelled the worst human ever.  And rightfully so.

I agree Sonja is entertaining and she needs to temper her insecurities with some discretion.

• Love 11
(edited)
16 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

Or like a senior citizen with dwindling competency. Those cups are exactly the way they gave my zia her meds in the home once they realized she couldn't be trusted to take them on schedule anymore. She was 95+ at the time, though, so I don't know what Bethenny's excuse is. 

I'm sorry, this is off topic and I don't care because I'm going to need to hear this legendary curse story, pretty please? 

Great granny was a god-daughter to Lord Curzon the Viceroy of India from where the diamonds were said to originate and have a lurid and long winded history that just falls short of Bigfoot riding in on a unicorn at her wedding to present them.  The mythical provenance has revolutions, newly wed brides forced to commit suttee and somehow some ties (pretty much impossible traipsing back and forth across continents it seems ) to Tudors and Howards and poor young Catherine's head flying off most expected-ly.   My grandmother finds it all a bit amusing and simply says the only thing that matters is that they are real and she made sure of that when she got them as her own wedding present.

Its odd seeing Luann and her man play tourist in the height of the tourist season.  I'm going to be elite here dealing with a self proclaimed elitist the Countess.  how plebian.  I would never pack myself into tourist centric Europe this time of year unless I was a special guest at the Palio in Sienna or it was the only time the Queen could fit me for elevenses (the one time apparently you can avoid those damn dogs of hers, her racist skeleton of a consort or the cloying Prince George  be inflicted on you and some damn fine chocolate is said to be available).

Considering how Sonja conflates things, I suspect if the show comes back and films in a way to include at least Luann's nuptial plannings this coming holiday season, Sonja will have elevated Tom to the man she was going to marry... but as she was rushing to meet him at the top of the Empire State Building as planned to accept his promised proposal..she stepped off the curb and...

lost her tooth.

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 10
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:14 AM, biakbiak said:

Wait that PS was in her blog? Carole as a writer you should know that if you have to explain it at the end the body of the text didn't effectively communicate your intent.

Disagree here.  As a professional letter writer, it's drilled into you from day one that it's the first sentence and the P.S. that are the most important components of the letter.  Because that is all some people read. 

• Love 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Disagree here.  As a professional letter writer, it's drilled into you from day one that it's the first sentence and the P.S. that are the most important components of the letter.  Because that is all some people read. 

No idea what being a professional letter writer entails but she is writing a blog and if someone were only to pay attention to the intro and PS of her blog they would be crazy confused so that isn't effective communication be it in a letter, a blog, an article, or a book.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
On 7/25/2016 at 10:53 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

This is awful, but the first thing I noticed (after realizing it was Aviva, which took a second) was that the texture of her face is similar to the texture of a prosthetic limb.

And now all I can picture is Aviva throwing her own head across the room. 

• Love 10
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:42 PM, SparkleznConfetti said:

I hear ya but Luanne being the doyenne of all things chic cest la vie actually accepted it. Who says money cant buy you ....glass? :-$ 

So, would she have been any chic-er had she told tommy to shove his yellow diamond where the sun don't shine?

The 'running of the ring' (showing it off to anyone who will listen) is got to be one of funniest things to watch.

One gal will show of a ring to 5 of her friends.

2 will be jealous, 5 will talk about the ring, two will like it, three will think it's OK, four will wonder what she did to get a ring that size, 2 will think its gaudy, 3 will think it's too small, 4 will not like the setting, 2 will like the cut.......and on and on.

• Love 6

Sonja is so jealous of Luann right now she can hardly breathe. Frankly, I feel that she'd behave in the same way if Tom were a stranger because there's an underlying nastiness about this that doesn't have anything to do with Tom. 

I basically feel like the majority of the women would snark either way about Tom and Luann whether Luann is being over the top with how happy she is or not. I agree that Luann is as Extra as they come and she says something eye roll worthy every episode, but the overall mocking bitterness and general unpleasantness that she's received over her engagement at the hands of these women only makes me want to root for her. I want the wedding to happen and I'm looking forward to the steaming jealousy from Ramona and Sonja especially because it's entertaining at this point. I just hope that Luann doesn't take their comments too seriously. 

On 7/21/2016 at 7:06 AM, OFDgal said:

Luann was so happy about the engagement that I found myself smiling, feeling happy for her. I usually get a kick out of Sonja but acted like a jealous bitch.  I agree with the above poster who said that Sonja is upset because she didn't think Tom was the marrying kind and then Luann swooped in and proved otherwise.  Carol should stop trying so hard with Adam.  Their scenes are so awkward that I cringe watching them.  He is so stoned that his mind works in slow motion. 

I'm happy for Luann too. I will also admit that I am getting a little bit of a kick out of how jealous Sonja is. If I'd been asked to predict the reactions of the other women I actually would have guessed that Sonja would be one of the few supportive ones. Her reaction has surprised me and I think it speaks to how unhappy she is. Sonja had and has a real opportunity with this show and she blows it every season. If she'd been more focused in the beginning when she started on RHNY (before she really showed her ass on the show) she probably could have landed another golden dick. (TM) Cindy Barshop. 

I agree with those who wouldn't want to be in the position that Carole is in where she's just waiting for the other shoe to drop with Adam. She's aware that there's an expiration date on this, but I feel like a part of her is hoping that they really will go the distance and I think in that sense she's likely setting herself up to be disappointed. I agree too that Adam likely isn't exclusive to Carole when he's away from the city. JMO. 

I also agree with those who feel that Carole was a little out of order for comparing her relationship with Adam to the relationships the other women have with their partners. For her to imply that she and Adam are in a better place seems both unfair and not entirely accurate. 

On 7/21/2016 at 6:18 AM, movingtargetgal said:

My father in law used to take extra packets of Equal when he got his daily coffee at Dunkin Doughnts.  He did not use any sweetener, but he took two packet with each cup.  Two cups a day, 7 days a week  those packets added up.  He would present at least 2 Cool Whip containters full of sweetner  every time we went out west to visit him.  He was so proud when he gave them to us, not only was he "helping us out" he was getting one over on Dunkin Doughnuts because they charged "so damn much for a simple cup of coffee."  I really miss him.

Aww, I love this story. It reminds me of my grandfather who lived to be 104. Back when my grandmother was alive they'd take sweet and low and equal (often after church no less) but he'd argue with my father and justify it by saying that they'd bring their own hot sauce every time so it evens out. ;p

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Sonja is so jealous of Luann right now she can hardly breathe. Frankly, I feel that she'd behave in the same way if Tom were a stranger because there's an underlying nastiness about this that doesn't have anything to do with Tom. 

I basically feel like the majority of the women would snark either way about Tom and Luann whether Luann is being over the top with how happy she is or not. I agree that Luann is as Extra as they come and she says something eye roll worthy every episode, but the overall mocking bitterness and general unpleasantness that she's received over her engagement at the hands of these women only makes me want to root for her. I want the wedding to happen and I'm looking forward to the steaming jealousy from Ramona and Sonja especially because it's entertaining at this point. I just hope that Luann doesn't take their comments too seriously. 

I'm happy for Luann too. I will also admit that I am getting a little bit of a kick out of how jealous Sonja is. If I'd been asked to predict the reactions of the other women I actually would have guessed that Sonja would be one of the few supportive ones. Her reaction has surprised me and I think it speaks to how unhappy she is. Sonja had and has a real opportunity with this show and she blows it every season. If she'd been more focused in the beginning when she started on RHNY (before she really showed her ass on the show) she probably could have landed another golden dick. (TM) Cindy Barshop. 

I agree with those who wouldn't want to be in the position that Carole is in where she's just waiting for the other shoe to drop with Adam. She's aware that there's an expiration date on this, but I feel like a part of her is hoping that they really will go the distance and I think in that sense she's likely setting herself up to be disappointed. I agree too that Adam likely isn't exclusive to Carole when he's away from the city. JMO. 

I also agree with those who feel that Carole was a little out of order for comparing her relationship with Adam to the relationships the other women have with their partners. For her to imply that she and Adam are in a better place seems both unfair and not entirely accurate. 

Aww, I love this story. It reminds me of my grandfather who lived to be 104. Back when my grandmother was alive they'd take sweet and low and equal (often after church no less) but he'd argue with my father and justify it by saying that they'd bring their own hot sauce every time so it evens out. ;p

Hahaha. Gotta love those Great Depression survivors. My ex-hubby's grandmother was always sneaking restaurant dinner bread and various condiments her purse "just een case so we are not later starvink to death!" 

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:01 PM, stewedsquash said:

I think the ladies are more flabbergasted than jealous. Luann and Tom remind me of Amal and George. Nobody thought George would ever give anyone a ring. And yet, there he is, building a life with Amal as a married couple. I wonder if the women from his past reacted like the women on RHNY? I think it is terrific that Luann is able to make these decisions quickly and go for it. 

You know that is a good point. I wonder if a certain set of (fairly similar) woman thought Tom would always be the back up plan, good time, go to date when they were in a dry spell. The fact he was he legally paired probably added a degree of fondness to their recollections in contrast to dating a separated/divorced/widowed guy. I know everyone likes to slut shame Luann but I would bet dollars to donuts that she is a superior lover to those other shrill harpies.

I know Ramona all but admitted once that she was afraid Lu would make a play for her man. 

• Love 2

I don't know what to make of any of it with regard to this dude being with so many women in the same crowd.  I'd find another guy, but their friendships are so incestuous - you know what I mean.  I think of him a rich, short, Napoleon type of guy and pissed off he has no hair.  That may not be his personality at all, but that's what he makes me think of.

I've seen pics of Luann crouching, leaning and bending down in photos with him.  Lu Baby wants to fit in daddy's widdle pocket.  Don't ever make yourselves look shorter, stand tall always!  Cher did it with Sonny early on until her hair got bigger and her heals got higher and she said fuck it.  

On 7/26/2016 at 2:39 AM, tenativelyyours said:

Great granny was a god-daughter to Lord Curzon the Viceroy of India from where the diamonds were said to originate and have a lurid and long winded history that just falls short of Bigfoot riding in on a unicorn at her wedding to present them.  The mythical provenance has revolutions, newly wed brides forced to commit suttee and somehow some ties (pretty much impossible traipsing back and forth across continents it seems ) to Tudors and Howards and poor young Catherine's head flying off most expected-ly.   My grandmother finds it all a bit amusing and simply says the only thing that matters is that they are real and she made sure of that when she got them as her own wedding present.

AMAHZ.  Thank you!

On 7/28/2016 at 0:37 PM, robroy said:

You know that is a good point. I wonder if a certain set of (fairly similar) woman thought Tom would always be the back up plan, good time, go to date when they were in a dry spell. The fact he was he legally paired probably added a degree of fondness to their recollections in contrast to dating a separated/divorced/widowed guy. I know everyone likes to slut shame Luann but I would bet dollars to donuts that she is a superior lover to those other shrill harpies.

I know Ramona all but admitted once that she was afraid Lu would make a play for her man. 

I think Sonja is probably pretty good in bed. Guys never turn her down for some horizontal bedroom fun. It's all of the other stuff that puts men off of Sonja: her ramshackle house, her sketchy business dealings, and her disastrous financial situation. No right thinking man would hitch himself to Sonja knowing that her financial could suddenly imperil your own financial well-being because you know she's going to do something sketchy.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:28 AM, The Mighty Peanut said:

Hahaha. Gotta love those Great Depression survivors. My ex-hubby's grandmother was always sneaking restaurant dinner bread and various condiments her purse "just een case so we are not later starvink to death!" 

My mom would complain about the cellophane wrappers in the dryer, the ones to the red and white peppermint candies my dad would pocket at a restaurant.

He'd snag a handful, put them into his pocket and forget about them. The candies would dissolve in the washer, leaving the wrappers in the dryer/clothes.  Then mom would fuck up and leave a handful of Kleenex in her pocket..........

37 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think Sonja is probably pretty good in bed. Guys never turn her down for some horizontal bedroom fun. It's all of the other stuff that puts men off of Sonja: her ramshackle house, her sketchy business dealings, and her disastrous financial situation. No right thinking man would hitch himself to Sonja knowing that her financial could suddenly imperil your own financial well-being because you know she's going to do something sketchy.

Well, Sonja is the 'hit it and quit it' kind of gal.

She probably can probably pull off the Chinese basket trick with upper arm strength alone, but once she sobers up? Sonja is the 'wacky gal' that guys gravitate to during the/a party. 

• Love 1

GAG. Skinny Girl enema. I'm more offended by the branding than the crudeness. OK, continue.

The Mohegan Sun is certainly big but it's funny to watch the women try to act impressed at the decor.

Yes, Jules with the SG comment! And yes with the part that someone who really knows about ED wouldn't act this way to someone in recovery. There's a fighter in there. I just don't know if she can marshal up articulate arguments before the finale. B seems to throw her off her game.

B's face forcing herself to get along with Sonja at the dinner is so different from the carefree attitude in the TH's. If you're going to play this game, you need to be better at it. I have eyes.

LOL. Dorinda as an aerobics instructor. How could you understand her instructions... especially as she was getting out of breath?

Why is it not bonkers for B to do yoga in the middle of a restaurant? If it were anyone else...

Boo Sonja. Stop shading Luann. Since when did this cast become so obsessed with texts and replying to texts? But then she wins me back with her delusion. Oh sweetie, you're not always going to be friends with B no matter what. She'd drop you in a second if it wouldn't make twitter turn against her.

I think I would have liked to have seen casino B. Maybe in something more intense like poker.

Overall, not a terribly eventful trip. The B/Sonja reconciliation was really all we got out of it.

Carole is so lame. She won't confront anyone and will pretty much act cordial (Luann, Jules) but she'll talk trash behind their backs. That's not interesting for a housewife.

• Love 1

Lol. You got to love the camera guys with the close-ups on Adam's face as Carole is narrating in her TH about them not being nervous about being together that far in the future. I'm not sure why I haven't noticed it before but I think Carole acts particularly... young with Adam. Not childish but more like a teenager/20-something.

Haha. Ramona joking about stealing clothes.

Oh, God. Here we go again with the texts.

I feel like this is all so fake with B and the Aspen trip. There's no way she wouldn't be upset with her staff if they'd been concern-gossiping behind her back.

Food. Fashion. Fitness. Finance. WHAT IN THE HELL? Also her face looked a little odd at the lunch. I'm not sure what it was but you could tell something was off when they cut back to Dorinda's face.

How is it abusive for someone to not want you to throw her a party? Shut up, Ramona.

Oh, Lord. Jules and the potty training. I'm trying to like you. Stop making it difficult.

I'm actually loving what's somehow happened. With all the shit stirring and party throwing and machinations, Dorinda has somehow contrived to be leader (at least in this scene) and wrest enough control from B to be the one planning the trip (therefore not leaving anyone out). *Applause*

Luann is kind of getting Ramona crazy eyes when she talks about Tom or the engagement. Again, I'm trying to like you. Stop making it difficult.

Sonja, stop shading Luann's diamond.

A heart crystal? Is Carole in full hippie vegan mode now?

Oh my God, Luann's face when Sonja complained New Year's was too long. I need a gif. Immediately.

I don't think Sonja is jealous about Tom at all. But I do think she's jealous about Luann getting all the attention and specifically the attention around a man and a posh lifestyle which are things Sonja has always tried to lay claim to.

• Love 1

Jules doesn't know how to wipe properly?!?!? Even if you don't, and I find that disturbing and alarming, would you admit that on national television? My. God. 

I'm sure she does or we'd be hearing even more about her vagina. I've come to the conclusion that Jules has enough knowledge of these shows that she thought she would come on and be the wacky/crazy funny one. But she's just not that funny. She doesn't know how to be Kelly crazy or Sonja crazy and she doesn't know how to tell jokes like B or Luann. She's trying so hard to be interesting so they'll keep her on the show instead of just being herself. The woman she hired seemed to pick up on it too. She was clearly taken aback.

I like a colored precious stone engagement ring too. That ring, however, was occluded and brassy. Who wants an 8 carat dirty stone? Give me a 0.5 carat, clarity over size any day.

I wasn't looking that closely. But I agree about the color of the stone at least. Luann made a point which they glossed over, which is that she's already had the clear/white diamond ring. Assuming a wedding happens, I wonder if she'll also wear off-white or a color dress.

I really felt for Jules' child in that episode. This is the kind of thing kids will hammer her daughter with in school...and yes, they will find it.

I was thinking this too...

On 7/20/2016 at 8:43 PM, chewycandy said:

Can someone tell Carole to stop wearing chokers?

Though I can deal without the poopy stuff, Rio's a cutie. 

Lord yes! It is not a cute look on her. I will admit that I'm not a huge fan of them anyway, but it does not flatter Carole. Plus the one she's wearing is so ugly and cheap looking. Carole, back away from Forever 21. 

• Love 1
On 7/20/2016 at 10:03 PM, biakbiak said:

I know a bunch of parents who would gladly pay someone to potty train their kid.

During Carole and Adam's conversation I became convinced that they had already broken up! I am sure IG disproves this theory but that was the vibe I got.

I thought that same thing! Which would make Adam's 10 happiness level really funny.

• Love 1