Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, loveaux said:

YALL WE'RE GOING TO FINALS TOMORROW!!! I shook my butt and hit those motions and jammed out as hard as I could today and it paid off! I will be back tomorrow to let you guys know the final results!!

Also yes there is tumbling involved but not stunting! I'm not a heavy tumbler, I'm more of a jumper kind of girl lol. 

Congrats ? and good luck!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, loveaux said:

YALL WE'RE GOING TO FINALS TOMORROW!!! I shook my butt and hit those motions and jammed out as hard as I could today and it paid off! I will be back tomorrow to let you guys know the final results!!

Also yes there is tumbling involved but not stunting! I'm not a heavy tumbler, I'm more of a jumper kind of girl lol. 

My fingers and toes are crossed for you! 

• Love 3

Whohoo!!! Good luck!!!

Oh my goodness!!!!  I'm SO excited for you!  I can't believe it!  That's amazing.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, loveaux said:

Rock on!! Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!!! Good luck :) 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Wishing you the best. Gosh, that's a lot of rounds! Do they get a lot of people trying out?

That's the same thing I said lol. But it started with 50 in the first round, then got cut to about 17 for round two yesterday, and they decided to take all 17 of us onto the final round today. So based on today, it may be all 17 of us that make it or less than that, but today should be interesting! I'll fill you guys in after tryouts if I make It!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Oh, I forgot!  I just found Vivien's gofundme, for when she was trying to start her own youtube channel.  She raised just over $2,500, which is a respectable sum.  However, her goal was to get $1,000,000.  I doubt that money would have been used solely for her youtube channel.  Some (if not most of it) would likely have ended up elsewhere.  It's also been over three years since anyone donated, but, as far as I can see, it's still open for donating though not a cent has been earned in 36 months.  I wonder if the money is still sitting there or if she's used it.

Quoting you for context, not directly at you @EricaShadows :)  I have zero respect for people who crowd fund for reasons that are not directly charitable or emergency related.  Either get a J-O-B and earn the money to do something yourself, or don't do it at all.  You shouldn't expect other people to fund your dreams if you can't earn the money yourself.  There are exceptions of course but I can't deal with it otherwise.

It hits a nerve like people who sell MLM products with the plea that "you are helping me support my family!" (um, that's not my responsibility).  I could go on for hours.  Ugh.  That last part, I think I'm hyper sensitive because MLM is big where I live and I get hounded/guilted constantly.  CONSTANTLY.  No offense to anyone who sells.  I hope you are less guilt trippy than my coworker's wife who won't leave me alone.  #iaintdoinit

• Love 7
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Quoting you for context, not directly at you @EricaShadows :)  I have zero respect for people who crowd fund for reasons that are not directly charitable or emergency related.  Either get a J-O-B and earn the money to do something yourself, or don't do it at all.  You shouldn't expect other people to fund your dreams if you can't earn the money yourself.  There are exceptions of course but I can't deal with it otherwise.

It hits a nerve like people who sell MLM products with the plea that "you are helping me support my family!" (um, that's not my responsibility).  I could go on for hours.  Ugh.  That last part, I think I'm hyper sensitive because MLM is big where I live and I get hounded/guilted constantly.  CONSTANTLY.  No offense to anyone who sells.  I hope you are less guilt trippy than my coworker's wife who won't leave me alone.  #iaintdoinit

I agree with you and am now also curious if you're from Utah.  The r/antimlm board on Reddit makes it sound like Utah is the source and hot spot for any and all MLM activity!  

I do think there are some awesome and amazing business plans on Kickstarter, which is crowd funding.  I think you know exactly what you're signing up for on there, though, at least from the few things I've seen.  

You see a lot of MLM anywhere there are a lot of SAHMs. I hate the pressure to buy overpriced things I don't want, plus the pressure to join a "team." I also remember once going to someone's stupid party after I had opened my own practice to find out they hired someone else to do some legal work. I thought that was pretty nervy, to not give me business but then ask for mine. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, doglover0814 said:

Anyone have any good rules to turn the episode into a drinking game tonight? Hope this is the right place to post :) 

We can do a DCC LINGO game: make a 3x3 or 4x4 and fill in terms randomly.  For every straight line, take a shot.  For lightweights like me (drinking only, I'm not a lightweight on the scale!), I'm making a 5x5.

DCC L/Bingo: Finals Edition

• "nerve wracking"
  • thick
  • soft
  • messy / a mess
  • clunky
  • world class
  • a-game
  • dream come true
  • dream crushed
  • bring it
  • left it on the floor
  • the DCC look
  • don't do sh*t you can't do
  • one shot / you have one shot
  • thick skin
  • any variation of: those shorts aren't getting any bigger  OR unforgiving
  • not HD friendly
  • Whenever Victoria winks
  • our new friend Neil McCoy
  • tight kicks
Edited by English Teacher
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

We can do a DCC LINGO game: make a 3x3 or 4x4 and fill in terms randomly.  For every straight line, take a shot.  For lightweights like me (drinking only, I'm not a lightweight on the scale!), I'm making a 5x5.

• "nerve wracking"
  • thick
  • soft
  • messy / a mess
  • clunky
  • world class
  • a-game
  • dream come true
  • dream crushed
  • bring it
  • left it on the floor
  • the DCC look
  • thick skin
  • not HD friendly
  • tight kicks

Nice work! 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

• "nerve wracking"
  • thick
  • soft
  • messy / a mess
  • clunky
  • world class
  • a-game
  • dream come true
  • dream crushed
  • bring it
  • left it on the floor
  • the DCC look
  • thick skin
  • not HD friendly
  • tight kicks

How about when Brenda and Kristi give death looks to Scott?  Or when Marshall's eyebrows wing up?  Or when Judy gets that look of I'm sick of this sh*t:)

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I’m not on the board for less than 18 hours and we are shut down again? Who ran with scissors this time? 

I’m kidding. Don’t answer. It’s just an attempt to lighten it up. 

Just curious. Are there other DCC boards other than PTV?

2 hours ago, Law Mom said:

You see a lot of MLM anywhere there are a lot of SAHMs. I hate the pressure to buy overpriced things I don't want, plus the pressure to join a "team." I also remember once going to someone's stupid party after I had opened my own practice to find out they hired someone else to do some legal work. I thought that was pretty nervy, to not give me business but then ask for mine. 

ESPECIALLY military spouses.  My husband is retired from active duty - we spent many years living on base, and by the end I was highly proficient at dodging those MLM requests (buying AND selling).  ;)

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Sorry -- what's an MLM request?

If you have ever been asked to buy or host a part for - Mary Kay, Senegence/Lipsense, ItWorks, Scentsy, 31 bags, magical sparkling toothpaste that tastes amazing, or various other MLM businesses then you have been MLM requested. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I agree with you and am now also curious if you're from Utah.  The r/antimlm board on Reddit makes it sound like Utah is the source and hot spot for any and all MLM activity!  

I do think there are some awesome and amazing business plans on Kickstarter, which is crowd funding.  I think you know exactly what you're signing up for on there, though, at least from the few things I've seen.  

I'm not, but I've heard that about Utah too!!  Seriously, the constant pushing, I can't.  It's wormed into every conversation.  It's none of my business (except my co-worker shared it with me, part of the guilt tripping) but they are in over $100k of bad debt and the pitch is they're trying to pull themselves out of it.  And I'm like, maybe you shouldn't spend thousands on cleaning products, nutrition products that your body doesn't actually need, makeup and gosh knows what else that costs a bloody fortune, because you're immersed in the MLMs.  I think what disappointed me more than anything though was I thought she wanted to be my friend, when really what she wanted was for me to join the MLM under her :( 

I extensively Googled how to turn down MLMs and the best advice I found was to explain that whatever they are selling is not in your budget.  Words to live by.  And it's not lying.

That being said, I totally bought into the Bristly dog toothbrush on Kickstarter last month and I can't WAIT to get it!  Now that is the type of thing I can get behind.  My dog will not allow me to brush her teeth or even wipe them with a baby washcloth and doggy toothpaste.  Bristly will be perfect for her :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, English Teacher said:

• "nerve wracking"
  • thick
  • soft
  • messy / a mess
  • clunky
  • world class
  • a-game
  • dream come true
  • dream crushed
  • bring it
  • left it on the floor
  • the DCC look
  • thick skin
  • not HD friendly
  • tight kicks

Add to this,, make a girl or break a girl,  I am really nervous and really excited,  If I don't make it back I don't know what I am gonna do.  God has another plan for me this year.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

If you have ever been asked to buy or host a part for - Mary Kay, Senegence/Lipsense, ItWorks, Scentsy, 31 bags, magical sparkling toothpaste that tastes amazing, or various other MLM businesses then you have been MLM requested. 

Oh my gosh add to that Origami Owl, Arbonne (I call it AirBone because I have the humor of a 12-year old boy), Stella and Dot, Pampered Chef, Party Lite, Premier Jewelry, Tastefully Simple, Xango, BeachBody, Rodan and freaking Fields, Isagenix, Longaberger Baskets, Doncaster, what else oh Cutco knives, Melaluca.  Tupperware.  The last few are some of the older ones.  I've been hit up a TON.  A TON I tell you.  There's also a cleaning product that I can't think of but the products are super expensive and I horrified them by saying the only cleaner I use is a 99 cent jug of lemon ammonia from the grocery store (true story).  Some of them are really nice.  I love my OO and Stella stuff, and I've enjoyed a few of the cooking related ones.  And some are not as pushy as others.  But co-worker's wife really turned me against a lot of it.  And she talks super fast like Bethenny Frankel and that doesn't help.

The girl who does my hair just got into Avon and I actually really like that one because the products are affordable and she's not shoving it down my throat every time I see her.  I order what I want, when I want, and it stops there.  Their eyeliner is fantastic.

Edited by RedDelicious

Did the spoiler board get really out of hand? I didn't see anything outrageous, but they could have been deleted before I noticed them.

Hopefully we will get an explanation of what went wrong, so we can do better 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Did the spoiler board get really out of hand? I didn't see anything outrageous, but they could have been deleted before I noticed them.

Hopefully we will get an explanation of what went wrong, so we can do better 

It wasn't as bad as I have seen it before. They stopped it before it could spiral and cleaned out a lot of the posts from what I saw.  General idea - don't attack other posters. Focus on the show/spoilers about the show. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, loveaux said:

*clears throat*

*strikes a pose*

I MADE THE TEAM YALL!

YAY!  *jumps up and down in excitement*  I'd squeal in excitement but the dog I'm taking care of would give me the lab/retriever look of surprise followed by "You're excited over that?  I have an empty food bowl over here that needs refilling if you REALLY need something to get excited about."  (This after she already finished her breakfast late then had dinner as well).  Back to your AMAZING news.  You deserve a big round of applause followed by a round of sparkling *fill in the blank* with the drink of your choice and one that's appropriate for your age.  Good job and good luck!

• Love 4

MLMs.  I love being older because I no longer waste my time on things I do not want to do and am confident enough to tell you, in the nicest way, that the answer is no.  And it is no from the start.  If you continue, I will say “Let me be clear ....”. If you still don’t get the message, I’ll end with “You know you are just wasting your time, right?  Because as I said before, ....”

Had that happen one time at a my husband’s coworker’s house.  Thought we were going over there to discuss a business venture (that I thought my husband and his co-worker were going to be going into business and me as a supporting player).   Come to find out, it was some MLM business.  Boy was I pissed!  But trust and believe that I let them know from jump that I was not interested.  And in typical fashion, they kept trying to overcome my objections, blah blah blah.  That’s when I started with “Let me be clear” and “you know you’re just wasting your time, right?”  It was the last one that finally delivered.

• Love 3

Many years ago I was mowing the yard and an acquaintance stopped by for a visit.  I actually had to stop mowing, go in the house to visit and figure out finally he wanted me in on his Amway business.  I coulda gotten a whole lot of yard mowed, but I was young and polite.  Went to one Pampered Chef thing and now I don't even answer the Pampered Chef (or other invites) from my church and community friends.  I did go kicking and screaming to a friend's Melaluca thing and bought not one single thing.  I thought the snacks were going to be really good.  I drove one hour for 25 cent bags of crummy chips and water.  

• Love 2

I have to say that there are some businesses that have bad reputations that they do not deserve. There are many business models and MLMs. They vary as to what type , and some are bad and not structured well, meaning different kinds have different rules and regulations on how money is earned.  I understand that some people do not know how to run one of these businesses and end up making the business itself look bad when in fact it is the person who is trying to recruit or trick, or mislead another person into what they have to offer  is the problem.  I have my own Amway business. I am not afraid to say that because it is an excellent company and the business has credentials and a history that backs this up if you go to the right resources other than googled blogs. I for one, do not do or say anything misleading to people to earn their business, I just share with people what the products I sell have done for me.  Saying  "MLM" puts some weird taboo on the products and the business which is ridiculous especially because that term leaves so much out of what that particular true business model is.  I know for a fact that the business model of Amway Global works because I am in it and it works for me.  I actually make money, good money and you don't HAVE to do anything you don't want to do.  I am not going to try and sell myself or my products here because I know how to find people who are actually looking for certain type of products that cant be found in stores and because I have studied the companies of Artistry and Nutrilite extensively, I know that products from these lines are worth the money which is in my opinion is much less than the value. I just want to say this because I saw something negative about Amway on here and I don't want anyone to think its a bad company. Its 100% legal and has many honorable causes that they invest in. Just because many people don't understand how to run an organization like this and approach people who have no interest in buying their products or owning a business, the business itself looks bad. Some of them are but some are not.  A former DCC and her husband are successful in their MLM business and so are many others.  Not every one is cut out for this type of thing because it is completely up to you how much, if any income you will make.  I have been an independent business owner for 10 years and I love it and I know for a fact that the only thing dishonest or corrupt about Amway is the people that get involved and don't follow the rules of conduct.    

21 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I have to say that there are some businesses that have bad reputations that they do not deserve. There are many business models and MLMs. They vary as to what type , and some are bad and not structured well, meaning different kinds have different rules and regulations on how money is earned.  I understand that some people do not know how to run one of these businesses and end up making the business itself look bad when in fact it is the person who is trying to recruit or trick, or mislead another person into what they have to offer  is the problem.  I have my own Amway business. I am not afraid to say that because it is an excellent company and the business has credentials and a history that backs this up if you go to the right resources other than googled blogs. I for one, do not do or say anything misleading to people to earn their business, I just share with people what the products I sell have done for me.  Saying  "MLM" puts some weird taboo on the products and the business which is ridiculous especially because that term leaves so much out of what that particular true business model is.  I know for a fact that the business model of Amway Global works because I am in it and it works for me.  I actually make money, good money and you don't HAVE to do anything you don't want to do.  I am not going to try and sell myself or my products here because I know how to find people who are actually looking for certain type of products that cant be found in stores and because I have studied the companies of Artistry and Nutrilite extensively, I know that products from these lines are worth the money which is in my opinion is much less than the value. I just want to say this because I saw something negative about Amway on here and I don't want anyone to think its a bad company. Its 100% legal and has many honorable causes that they invest in. Just because many people don't understand how to run an organization like this and approach people who have no interest in buying their products or owning a business, the business itself looks bad. Some of them are but some are not.  A former DCC and her husband are successful in their MLM business and so are many others.  Not every one is cut out for this type of thing because it is completely up to you how much, if any income you will make.  I have been an independent business owner for 10 years and I love it and I know for a fact that the only thing dishonest or corrupt about Amway is the people that get involved and don't follow the rules of conduct.    

I see some former DCC have been involved in Nerium for years, and they seem to enjoy it.

I don't have anything against Amway at all.  I actually use some Mary Kay products.   Don't know how true it is, but Dave Ramsey always said to be truly successful (as in make a ton of money) you have to get others into whatever it is, and that is the true "purpose"--not just selling products and resting on your laurels.

• Love 1