Type keyword(s) to search

Little People in the Media

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Wait, how do you know “those kids were more fond of Caryn than they ever were of Amy?” That is just conjecture. The kids may have liked her as a babysitter— but just as we don’t know what Caryn said, we don’t know how the children feel.

Go back and watch how they are around both.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

Go back and watch how they are around both.

I have watched the show, and I don’t think it’s fair to assume that the grandchildren care more for grandpa’s girlfriend than they do for their grandmother. Ymmv, and agree to disagree.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Relationships with parents and gparents can be difficult. Throw in a somewhat dysfunctional upbringing, money, a family business, possible inheritances, step parents and significant others and people who are social media influencers (hate that term and what it represents), and you have a perfect storm of crazy. Cannot imagine playing out my life in a public forum. #theyarealltoblame

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Folks,

1. Everyone perceives things they see on the show differently.  That is how humans are.  You can disagree.  You cannot call out other users. It is all opinion based on conjecture or interpretation. 
  2. This is the media thread.  It is not the who do the kids like most, Caryn or Amy thread.  That horse has been beaten to death.  It's time to move on.
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Redrum said:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/6568990/little-people-matt-roloff-girlfriend-caryn-chandler-quits-show/

Now this is The Sun we're talking about so take it with a grain of salt but I can at least buy the premise. 

I hope it’s not true. She adds a lot to the show.  In fact, if it’s just Matt and the other Roloffs, I doubt I’ll watch it.  I already can’t tolerate Zach and Tori.  

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope it’s not true. She adds a lot to the show.  In fact, if it’s just Matt and the other Roloffs, I doubt I’ll watch it.  I already can’t tolerate Zach and Tori.  

At the same time - I can see being tired of being the public bitch point. 

This does mean Caryn gets a separate check for her work on the show... and is willing to give it up. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm the opposite. I think that Caryn deserves all of the backlash that she gets.

I don't think that people deserve good things and a good reputation after they do bad things.

I think that ever since she started working on the farm, she's affected the family negatively in a lot of ways.

At some point people suffer the consequences of their actions. That's how life goes.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

The thing is, TLC’s had Sister Wives and LPBW as their main shows for a long time. Now that they’ve imploded, they’ll need to replace them. 90 Day and Pimple Popper can only go so far. 🤣 I suppose they could give Zach and Tori their own show 🤮 and Christine Brown her own show.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Absolom, I agree but I do think they could grind out a season or three on Zach and Tory. 

If Caryn legit doesn't want to do the show, I see that as an issue since Zach and Tory don't want to hang with Matt, and Amy doesn't want to hang with Matt. 

• Like 3

I think most TLC cast members do what they have to in order to get paid.  They could walk away I suppose.  Some of them really need the money though.  

Recall didn’t LPBW actually stop production for a couple of years?  Then they returned!  Maybe it’s time to cycle out again.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

If there is no "next" season Zach and Tori are in a world of hurt. Imagine those two having to get real jobs. Jeremy is lucky to have a wife that can support him.

I actually suspect they're doing well from Tory's social media and have some investments.

They also didn't blow all their money on a four million dollar farm they couldn't afford.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I would love for Ca Ching to leave the show but it's probably just publicity to get people to watch this season.

She was the ranch manager for years who slept with the boss because to get on the show, why would she leave because the 'kids don't like her'. News FLASH they've never liked her.

That being said, I'm ashamed I even came here to write all this, I really gotta quit this show.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Redrum said:

I actually suspect they're doing well from Tory's social media and have some investments.

They also didn't blow all their money on a four million dollar farm they couldn't afford.

Tori has social media followers because of the show. No show and those people will go elsewhere. She is no Audrey. They just don't strike me as investment people but hey good for them if they have that.

They did buy a house for almost a million dollars that they probably can't afford without the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I think she would need to pick up some steam on social media if the show ended, but she's got tons of followers and they all aren't going to quit in a huff. People still insist Audrey's online success is due to the show even though she's five years off the show. I doubt Zach and Tory will be immediately penniless. I also think they might be eying their own show option. I don't know how fascinating that would be, I found 7 Little Johnsons dull as hell but it lasted a while.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

Tori has social media followers because of the show. No show and those people will go elsewhere. She is no Audrey. They just don't strike me as investment people but hey good for them if they have that.

They did buy a house for almost a million dollars that they probably can't afford without the show.

Exactly even on her BEST day Tori is no Audrey.

Say what you want about Audrey but I don't think anyone can say she isn't a hard worker.

I think Audrey made the most of their television fame to launch their "brand" but she also works really hard at promoting all of their journals, books, mlm oils, clothing etc. and she's relentless at building on her influencer status and product shilling.

Tori and Zach don't strike me as investment people either.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

This show has been on for so many years. I’d bet a good number of the accounts that show as followers, no longer follow. They just haven’t unfollowed.

Pick from many accounts and compare the “likes” on a post to the number of followers.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I can't think of anything worse that a show centered around Zach, Tori, Amy and Chris. Zach sitting in his chair with his arms folded on his chest and a scowl on his face as Tori and Amy egg him on and the three of them bitching and complaining about how unfair Matt is.  I wouldn't watch this if TLC paid me. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I saw a post on SM that both Matt and Tori posted on Instagram on the same day.  Tori was having another over-the-top birthday party for Lilah while Matt and Caryn were heading out early to AZ.  I can only assume that either Matt wasn't invited (Amy was front and center helping open the gifts and holding Josiah, of course) OR Caryn wasn't invited and Matt opted not to attend out of respect for his partner.

ZiT is really putting Matt in an impossible situation here; he's supposed to "work hard" to be in the kids' lives now, but can't bring Caryn, who basically helped raise them for several years?  I'd tell them all to go pound sand and change my will...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Dibs said:

I saw a post on SM that both Matt and Tori posted on Instagram on the same day.  Tori was having another over-the-top birthday party for Lilah while Matt and Caryn were heading out early to AZ.  I can only assume that either Matt wasn't invited (Amy was front and center helping open the gifts and holding Josiah, of course) OR Caryn wasn't invited and Matt opted not to attend out of respect for his partner.

ZiT is really putting Matt in an impossible situation here; he's supposed to "work hard" to be in the kids' lives now, but can't bring Caryn, who basically helped raise them for several years?  I'd tell them all to go pound sand and change my will...

Matt and Caryn were boarding a plane that morning heading off to celebrate Thanksgiving with 6,000 other people???

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.56.29 AM.png

Edited by b4pjoe
typo
  • Mind Blown 1
On 11/22/2022 at 10:31 AM, Dibs said:

ZiT is really putting Matt in an impossible situation here; he's supposed to "work hard" to be in the kids' lives now, but can't bring Caryn, who basically helped raise them for several years?

I know ..it's sad.  Caryn loves the kids and they love Cha Cha. You can tell.   If I was Matt I'd say I'm not coming over if Caryn isn't invited.  Don't give in to them.  It's ridiculous.   Caryn is part of Matt's family now,  his significant other,  so get over it.   It's really making Z and T look petty and ungrateful. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 11/29/2022 at 4:39 PM, suev3333 said:

I know ..it's sad.  Caryn loves the kids and they love Cha Cha. You can tell.   If I was Matt I'd say I'm not coming over if Caryn isn't invited.  Don't give in to them.  It's ridiculous.   Caryn is part of Matt's family now,  his significant other,  so get over it.   It's really making Z and T look petty and ungrateful. 

Well, Z and T are petty and ungrateful.  I agree; Matt should declare that they're a package deal.  But then they would just withhold the kids from Matt, too, and it would be his fault (supposedly) for not having a relationship with them.  He truly can't win!  It's nice Caryn supports his going alone, but that's going to wear thin....

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

IF they leave the show (they won't do it voluntarily) I can't wait to see how they will afford to live the lifestyle they have. Doubt Tori can do it. And it's a given Zackhole won't work. 

Sounds like those two are desperately trying to make themselves sound so  interesting that millions will be tuned in and TLC won't dump them.

• Like 12

The only way these two will leave the show is if the show is cancelled. Tori especially has grown too accustomed to having her face out there and being able to pontificate about marriage and motherhood. Maybe this is her way of staging a power play for more money and airtime from TLC or they will bolt. One can ony hope that they will "step aside."

• Like 9
40 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

IF they leave the show (they won't do it voluntarily) I can't wait to see how they will afford to live the lifestyle they have. Doubt Tori can do it. And it's a given Zackhole won't work. 

Sounds like those two are desperately trying to make themselves sound so  interesting that millions will be tuned in and TLC won't dump them.

5 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The only way these two will leave the show is if the show is cancelled. Tori especially has grown too accustomed to having her face out there and being able to pontificate about marriage and motherhood. Maybe this is her way of staging a power play for more money and airtime from TLC or they will bolt. One can ony hope that they will "step aside."

Agree with both of these takes. It is Discovery bait where she thinks once the people at Discovery read that they will throw money at them to keep them. Funny if it backfires.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

Agree with both of these takes. It is Discovery bait where she thinks once the people at Discovery read that they will throw money at them to keep them. Funny if it backfires.

Exactly I think there’s a bit of reverse psychology’s going on… JMO but I think that Tori thinks if she sounds nonchalant about the show and hints at leaving maybe TLC will offer them more or a new contract.

ZiT better hope that TLC doesn’t say “OK see ya, don’t let the door hit your backside as you leave!”  😊

• Like 4
  • Love 3
On 12/30/2022 at 4:41 PM, b4pjoe said:

Interesting things I read in the article:

"The photographer and Zach, 32, tied the knot in July 2015."

"the motivational speaker alleged via Instagram that his twin sons, "

"“My dad is manipulating the narrative right before the season comes out,” the TLC star alleged."

So there we have Tori's, Matt's and Zach's REAL occupations. 🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
On 11/2/2022 at 3:33 PM, LEILANI2 said:

I would love for Ca Ching to leave the show but it's probably just publicity to get people to watch this season.

She was the ranch manager for years who slept with the boss because to get on the show, why would she leave because the 'kids don't like her'. News FLASH they've never liked her.

That being said, I'm ashamed I even came here to write all this, I really gotta quit this show.

I have no idea when Caryn and Matt got together, but good on her if she can put up with Matt. He was miserable around Amy, and she was miserable around him. I hated when they would disagree on business ideas eg, pumpkin salsa. Matt tore Amy down over that. At least I can now watch Chris and Amy, and Matt and Caryn film their THs with no snarking. If Caryn goes, Matt needs to leave.

• Like 2

I can't even believe all the hullabaloo about this shunt replacement, which is basically expected routine surgery for anyone who has one, including many little people!  You'd think he was snatched from the brink of death after a sudden catastrophic cerebral hemorrhage, aneurism, brain tumor or something.  It's a plastic tube under the scalp.  Pretty routine...  Tori seems the type who reads romance novels and envisions herself in them.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

It is completely routine and expected care.  Patients with shunts should have them checked regularly.  I have a friend with one and her doctor checks hers she said every year normally.  They now know about how long hers can go before needing a revision so she gets checked a bit more often as they get closer to the expected time and then the surgery is scheduled before it becomes an emergency.  Zach has either never had this explained to him, didn't pay attention when he was told, simply can't be bothered, or it was a lot of made up drama.  They do keep the patients in the hospital for a day or two afterward, but it's to monitor for any unusual complications not because it's OMG brain surgery or so she has told me.  She thinks Zach is an idiot.  Once in a lifetime maybe something could go wrong that would result in an emergency, but twice before he's 40 and he simply isn't dealing properly with his medical care, in her opinion.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

It is completely routine and expected care.  Patients with shunts should have them checked regularly.  I have a friend with one and her doctor checks hers she said every year normally.  They now know about how long hers can go before needing a revision so she gets checked a bit more often as they get closer to the expected time and then the surgery is scheduled before it becomes an emergency.  Zach has either never had this explained to him, didn't pay attention when he was told, simply can't be bothered, or it was a lot of made up drama.  They do keep the patients in the hospital for a day or two afterward, but it's to monitor for any unusual complications not because it's OMG brain surgery or so she has told me.  She thinks Zach is an idiot.  Once in a lifetime maybe something could go wrong that would result in an emergency, but twice before he's 40 and he simply isn't dealing properly with his medical care, in her opinion.  

Ding ding ding...we have a winner! 😂

Edited by b4pjoe
typo
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

New season content!  Imagine that!  We were running out of story lines here, folks.  Chris & Amy are hitched, everybody is either estranged or hates each other and nobody cares about the dragged out farm drama.  It was time for Matt & Caryn to step up and do their part to keep this tired, old turnip going.

14 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Maybe Amy still has some rocks they can give out she can throw at them at the reception.

🤣

• Applause 2
  • LOL 10
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My question is which adult children will attend.  🥴

I was going to reply any wanting to remain in Matt’s Trust for inheritance would be there.  Enter Caryn!

I wonder if Matt has a prenuptial agreement with Caryn?

Or maybe Caryn Roloff of Roloff Farms!  😎

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was going to reply any wanting to remain in Matt’s Trust for inheritance would be there.  Enter Caryn!

I wonder if Matt has a prenuptial agreement with Caryn?

Or maybe Caryn Roloff of Roloff Farms!  😎

After what he went through with Amy…hmmm…he’d be crazy to not have a prenuptial.  No matter how sure he is about his feelings for Caryn, you can’t rely on that.  You know the saying…..the one you marry is never the one you divorce.  Lol. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2

Good for Matt and Caryn!  But I shall adhere to my conspiracy theory that they're already married (Caryn accidentally gave it away once or seemed to) in a small and tasteful private ceremony and are now going Big Time just to give the show another season.  I'm sure there's a pre-nup; Caryn is wealthy in her own right and doesn't need Matt's money.  Congrats also to Matt for finally building his dream house, despite all the detractors on social media complaining about its size (as if he hasn't earned it and can't afford it and, besides, it includes covered garages and several bays to enable him to get onto and into his mule and vehicles).  YOU GO, MATT!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1