Type keyword(s) to search

Little People in the Media

• Start Topic

I had no idea they could be so sickening...

all the intertwined fingers, rubbing and splaying, back and forth, the little sighs and giggles, the eyeballs rolling around in circles as they flirt like a couple of 12 yr olds over a vanilla milkshake at the malt shop..

TLC PLEASE!!!!!.. LESS AMY & CHRIS.... MORE.... LILAH & JACKSON  (at least when they act like babies it's real)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Thats not the pilot, Little People Big Dreams. Sadly its not on Discovery Plus either.

Yes, I said first episode.

From the pilot:

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

This seemed to have missed some since the last season, but all I have to say is, what the actual fuck is up with Caryn Matt and the hiking stroller?! Surely he could get a custom all-terrain scooter 🙄

On 6/2/2022 at 3:02 PM, 65mickey said:

I agree it is very beautiful and special. Is this what Zack wanted to buy, 16.46 acres?

Zach WANTED to buy 30 acres (including the forest and stream) for what Matt paid Amy in the buyout.  Alas, what Matt paid Amy was for only HER SHARE, which was half -- they co-owned that.  So it was actually worth twice that at the time.  And it's now worth four times that because house costs have doubled and tripled.  Math is hard, esp. for zoned-out Zach and teacher Tori!  I understand Matt fixed deferred maintenance on both the house and attractions prior to putting it on the market.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/14/2022 at 2:32 PM, Grrarrggh said:

Is the first episode of LPBW the documentary they did first? If not, does anyone know where it can be seen?

I believe the first episode of the SERIES is available online, but I haven't seen the pilot and would also like to!  People here like to say "Matt couldn't have made a success of the far without the show!" but seem to forget that Matt also made the show.  He's the one who began a public speaking career to educate the public about and increase acceptance of dwarfism, first writing a book, then speaking at the LPA conferences. then going into schools. and finally pitching the idea to TLC.

Whichever way you slice it, this entire family owes everything to Matt's gumption.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 6/24/2022 at 2:08 PM, Dibs said:

I believe the first episode of the SERIES is available online, but I haven't seen the pilot and would also like to!  People here like to say "Matt couldn't have made a success of the far without the show!" but seem to forget that Matt also made the show.  He's the one who began a public speaking career to educate the public about and increase acceptance of dwarfism, first writing a book, then speaking at the LPA conferences. then going into schools. and finally pitching the idea to TLC.

Whichever way you slice it, this entire family owes everything to Matt's gumption.

Not really. If it had been just Matt there would have been no programme. It was his four children who made it happen. Especially twins with one LP and one non. Matt may have gotten them a bit of attention but he coasted on his children's work and privacy. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 5
On 6/30/2022 at 7:23 PM, Grrarrggh said:

Not really. If it had been just Matt there would have been no programme. It was his four children who made it happen. Especially twins with one LP and one non. Matt may have gotten them a bit of attention but he coasted on his children's work and privacy. 

I didn't say there would have been a show if it were just Matt.  I said there would have been no show WITHOUT Matt.  Amy didn't object to her children's "loss of privacy," either...  I'm sure back then both saw it as an advantageous opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
On 7/3/2022 at 3:37 PM, Dibs said:

I didn't say there would have been a show if it were just Matt.  I said there would have been no show WITHOUT Matt.  Amy didn't object to her children's "loss of privacy," either...  I'm sure back then both saw it as an advantageous opportunity.

It's true that Amy obviously didn't object to her children's loss of privacy, but at the same time, your earlier post said that having the show was all Matt's doing. Does Matt get all the credit, but Amy shares the blame?

• Like 1
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Does Matt get all the credit, but Amy shares the blame?

For as long as I've been reading these message boards, that's what it comes down to.  It's not even Amy sharing the blame, it's Amy getting ALL of the blame.  I don't even like Amy and these message boards make me want to defend her!

• Like 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

For as long as I've been reading these message boards, that's what it comes down to.  It's not even Amy sharing the blame, it's Amy getting ALL of the blame.  I don't even like Amy and these message boards make me want to defend her!

Same for me!

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 6/24/2022 at 8:08 PM, Dibs said:

I see where you’re coming from and you have some valid points. Matt had some amazing business proposals over the years and turned some things to success. And herein lies my point: For every successful venture, Matt had at least two failures. He doesn’t think things through, just launches them straight away. Just watch the show, I’ve lost count of all his investments and (new)businesses that have completely disappeared into obscurity. (I run my own business and my bookkeeper would seriously tell me off if I behaved like that.) The first money you earn, comes from money well-spent. Your first losses from impulsive behaviour and ditto spending.
The things that did work out, worked out because of the free advertising on the show and them being D-listers.

This even counts for the farm with pumpkin season and the wedding barn. A lot of people have even said on the show that they come because of the Roloffs and care little for the pumpkins or other activities. Indeed, lots of people have blasted the poor execution and their inability to learn from past years.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Pumpkin season seems successful. If it is because of the show so what? Most  reality show cast members use their so called fame from the shows to develope and sell something.  As far as Matt and Amy's failures that is par for the course if you are trying to come up with products and concepts to market. Win some and lose some. At least he tried and didn't sit around griping about his lot in life. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Pumpkin season seems successful. If it is because of the show so what?

It goes to the argument that Matt isn't and wasn't super successful without the show. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I never thought that Matt was super successful without the TV show. But he had the imagination to dream up these ideas and if he uses the show as a vehicle to promote them good for him and the rest of the Roloffs. Even the queen of reality tv marketing success Bethenny Frankle wasn't successful until the housewives gig.

• Love 1

Interesting tidbits in that. While the farm is still for sale, it sounds like Matt is reconsidering things concerning the sale.

Zach and Tory are still mad at Matt and Caryn. Caryn is still all about extending that olive branch and Tory is all "where are you sending it?"

Which I get. Whether Zach and Tory are justified in their anger is a different question but I get their perspective on Caryn's olive branch. To them, Caryn's olive branch amounts to this. "We did nothing wrong and we're not sorry over anything we said or did, but now you need to get over it and be nice to us again and stop acting like we did something wrong"

• Like 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Redrum said:

To them, Caryn's olive branch amounts to this. "We did nothing wrong and we're not sorry over anything we said or did, but now you need to get over it and be nice to us again and stop acting like we did something wrong"

Only on S12. (stupid job interfering with my TV viewing), so Caryn isn't on the scene yet except as working at the farm. That being said, Caryn is Matt's girlfriend, she's not an inlaw or step parent. Not her job to offer olive branches. Can she facilitate and support a better relationship between Matt and Zach? Yes. But not her role to be offering olive branches. Matt's history with his sons and the farm goes back decades. She needs to stay in her role as girlfriend. 

Edited by BAForever
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, BAForever said:

That being said, Caryn is Matt's girlfriend, she's not an inlaw or step parent. Not her job to offer olive branches.

Since you're not up to the current season, its important to know that Caryn was involved in the Matt/Zach off screen argument over the sale of the farm.

3 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Can she facilitate and suport a better relationship between Matt and Zach? Yes. But not her role to be offering olive branches. Matt's history with his sons and the farm goes back decades. She needs to stay in her role as girlfriend. 

Agreed. I wonder if some of the problem is that Caryn and not Matt is the one extending the olive branch when she is technically nothing in this family. I know, I know, she's Matt's "life partner" but that and fifty cents doesn't even buy you a senior cup of coffee at McDonalds. From Zach and Tory's perspective, the olive branch should come from Matt, not Matt's informal lover who can be replaced at moment's notice depending on his whims. 

Whether you're on Matt's side or Zach's side in the argument over the house (I think mistakes were made on both sides), if neither side is willing to admit fault, then it won't resolve. And it's not an olive branch if its essentially "I was right, you were wrong, and you need to stop bitching, get over it, and kiss my ass" from either side. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I’m interested to see what direction things go, but not interested in Zach, Tori or their kids.  At least if they’re  filmed separately I can just fast forward through their scenes.  Adults, who use their kids as weapons are disgusting,  That is not entertaining to me.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9

I don't think that Zach and Tori are using their kids as weapons when they refuse to let Caryn see Josiah.

She is not related to the baby or them in any way. They don't like her. Why should they allow a non realitive that they don't like be around their child? Even though they are mad at Matt, they let him see his grandchildren. There's no reason for them to let Caryn see them. She's nothing but Matt's girlfriend. They owe her nothing.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Libby said:

I don't think that Zach and Tori are using their kids as weapons when they refuse to let Caryn see Josiah.

She is not related to the baby or them in any way. They don't like her. Why should they allow a non realitive that they don't like be around their child? Even though they are mad at Matt, they let him see his grandchildren. There's no reason for them to let Caryn see them. She's nothing but Matt's girlfriend. They owe her nothing.

She was alright with them for babysitting purposes though. She wasn’t related then either.

I disagree that they haven’t used their children. Jackson was used to tell them they were moving to Washington, as an example.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She was alright with them for babysitting purposes though. She wasn’t related then either.

I mean, its as simple as this. Yes, they had no issue with Caryn babysitting when they didn't know how poorly she thought of them. Now they do know what she really thinks of them and no longer want her to be alone with their children. 

Its like dropping your kids off at a day care and then removing them a month later when you find out the person running the day care has a criminal record with children. Do we point fingers and say "well, you DID send your kids there before, why isn't it good enough for you now?"

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Redrum said:

I mean, its as simple as this. Yes, they had no issue with Caryn babysitting when they didn't know how poorly she thought of them. Now they do know what she really thinks of them and no longer want her to be alone with their children. 

Its like dropping your kids off at a day care and then removing them a month later when you find out the person running the day care has a criminal record with children. Do we point fingers and say "well, you DID send your kids there before, why isn't it good enough for you now?"

That is a poor analogy. Those kids were more fond of Caryn than they ever were of Amy back then. No one even knows what Caryn said about the farm deal that was so horrible. The only thing the two sons are doing is writing themselves out of Matt’s will.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 4
11 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

No one even knows what Caryn said about the farm deal that was so horrible

Exactly 

48 minutes ago, Redrum said:

Yes, they had no issue with Caryn babysitting when they didn't know how poorly she thought of them.

Never mind.

Edited by ginger90

Why is it a poor analogy? They were previously fine with Caryn as a babysitter, something happened to change their minds, now they aren't ok with it, but somehow that they were initially ok with it is held up as a reason they shouldn't have any issue now. 

Jeremy used to love Roloff pumpkin season. Something happened between him and his dad and now he takes his kids to a different pumpkin farm. He was fine going to Roloff Farms before and now he's not. He didn't have a problem previously, now he does. 

Zach and Tory were fine previously with letting Caryn babysit. They've discovered something about Caryn that has changed their mind. Now they don't want the kids alone with her. That they previously were ok with it doesn't mean they forever and always have to be ok with it. 

I'm actually surprised they're holding firm on it.

11 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

No one even knows what Caryn said about the farm deal that was so horrible.

It genuinely doesn't matter. Maybe it was horrible. Maybe it was petty. Zach and Tory for what ever reason they chose have decided to restrict Caryn's access to their children. They're the parents, they get to decide who babysits their kids. They obviously have enough of a problem with Caryn that they're willing to forgo what was once a very convenient service for them. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Redrum said:

Why is it a poor analogy? They were previously fine with Caryn as a babysitter, something happened to change their minds, now they aren't ok with it, but somehow that they were initially ok with it is held up as a reason they shouldn't have any issue now. 

Jeremy used to love Roloff pumpkin season. Something happened between him and his dad and now he takes his kids to a different pumpkin farm. He was fine going to Roloff Farms before and now he's not. He didn't have a problem previously, now he does. 

Zach and Tory were fine previously with letting Caryn babysit. They've discovered something about Caryn that has changed their mind. Now they don't want the kids alone with her. That they previously were ok with it doesn't mean they forever and always have to be ok with it. 

I'm actually surprised they're holding firm on it.

It genuinely doesn't matter. Maybe it was horrible. Maybe it was petty. Zach and Tory for what ever reason they chose have decided to restrict Caryn's access to their children. They're the parents, they get to decide who babysits their kids. They obviously have enough of a problem with Caryn that they're willing to forgo what was once a very convenient service for them. 

Well the main reason is you are comparing Caryn with someone being found to have a criminal record. These people have been putting their lives on public TV for years. If Caryn said something so terrible why haven’t we heard what it was? Most likely it was nothing and the biggest spoiled brats on the planet are butt hurt over it. How dare they not give them the farm for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
Just now, b4pjoe said:

Well the main reason is you are comparing Caryn with someone being found to have a criminal record.

Ok - in the example they took their kids to a daycare and found out the person running it doesn't share their views on pets being allowed in the home. They remove their kids. How is "you were ok with your kids being there before" even an issue? They found out something they didn't like and don't want their kids around it. 

Spoiled brats or not, they're willing to NOT use Caryn as a free babysitter

5 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

If Caryn said something so terrible why haven’t we heard what it was?

Conversely if it was really bad, it might be a "we're not using it on tv" thing - there's been a couple of moments on this show - the argument between Matt and Zach over the second Bahamas trip, the argument with Matt and Amy on the riverboat, any real discussion of the divorce issues, that simply aren't shown and the questions never asked by production.

I'd love to see Matt asked directly by production if he had an affair... but I understand why that question is never asked. Likewise if Caryn doesn't want what was said aired, we'll never know until someone breaks. 

• Love 3

Well they have the right to not let any other person see their kids. But to get on national tv and whine endlessly over it with no reason given other than they didn’t get their way…I can’t feel sorry for them. Like I said they are just writing themselves out of Matt’s will. Fine with me.

34 minutes ago, Redrum said:

'd love to see Matt asked directly by production if he had an affair... but I understand why that question is never asked. Likewise if Caryn doesn't want what was said aired, we'll never know until someone breaks.

I’d like to see them ask that too. Have them ask Amy too if he had an affair. Let put all the marbles on the table.

3 minutes ago, b4pjoe said:

I’d like to see them ask that too. Have them ask Amy too if he had an affair. Let put all the marbles on the table.

Agree. Frankly I suspect production was around for the actual farm negotiations. Personally I'd like to know what Zach offered versus what Matt offered.  And what was said. Instead we have "something was offered and so was something else and stuff was said that was too private to go into detail over but stuff happened that we will allude to but not really explain".

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Redrum said:

Agree. Frankly I suspect production was around for the actual farm negotiations. Personally I'd like to know what Zach offered versus what Matt offered.  And what was said. Instead we have "something was offered and so was something else and stuff was said that was too private to go into detail over but stuff happened that we will allude to but not really explain".

They should let us produce a season! 😁

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3

The bottom line is that parents get to decide who's around their kids. Whatever happened in that meeting, they don't like Caryn now. Every person gets to decide who they like and who they don't. It's not using your kids as a weapon if you keep them away from people that you don't like. It's exercising your responsibility as a parent.

I don’t think that many people would allow their children to be around a non family member that they don't like.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I don’t think it's spiteful. People don't put their children into the arms of people that they don't like.

Why are Zach and Tori being held to a higher standard than everyone else in the world?

They don't like Caryn, she's no relation to their children, so they don't want her around them. It seems simple to me.

Edited by Libby
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 10/16/2022 at 4:23 PM, b4pjoe said:

That is a poor analogy. Those kids were more fond of Caryn than they ever were of Amy back then. No one even knows what Caryn said about the farm deal that was so horrible. The only thing the two sons are doing is writing themselves out of Matt’s will.

Wait, how do you know “those kids were more fond of Caryn than they ever were of Amy?” That is just conjecture. The kids may have liked her as a babysitter— but just as we don’t know what Caryn said, we don’t know how the children feel.

• Like 1
  • Love 5