Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Collision Point

A tragedy strikes the team's only ally within the government, leaving Jackson and the team on their own to stop a surge of animal-related attacks from destroying the city of Geneva, Switzerland. Meanwhile, Dariela discovers something shocking about General Davies; and in the Canadian wilderness, Jamie comes across a troubling detail about Logan.

7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

That he has retractable adamantium claws, and his nickname is Wolverine.

Heh. But wasn't there someone last season who was in prison and was a wolverine whisperer? Maybe and Logan were cell mates and swapped some DNA.

(edited)

Crazed beaver!  Evil beaver!  Snarling beaver! Beaver, beaver, beaver......I cannot stop laughing. 

Evil military guys didn't bother checking Eleanor's hotel room - she just didn't show up today!  She's a slacker!  You just know Faux Robert Patrick is covering something up.

Jackson didn't think maybe Eleanor was assassinated?  No, I'm sure her mandible separated from her jaw because that happens.  I was kinda liking Eleanor, she was embracing the crazy like everyone else.

Mitch can siphon cerebrospinal fluid....didn't know they taught that in veterinary pathology school.

Poor Abe got shut out when he was trying to make some time with new gal.

Oops! Faux Robert Patrick is now shooting his own guy.  Glowing blue lights?  Aliens?  Are the aliens controlling the ants?

Can we please get back to the snarling beaver?  Maybe that guy with Jamie is DB Cooper.

So Eleanor was killed by electricity generated by ants inside her?  How did she not realize she swallowed ants FFS??

Was Dariela walking around with knee pads on the whole time?

OMG JAMIE'S TOE GOT CHOPPED OFF!!  Zoo has left me speechless.  I don't think I would chop someone's toe off if they were holding a gun on me though.  It's going to be a fake out isn't it?  Don't disappoint me, Zoo!

Edited by raven
  • Love 2

Holy crap this show somehow got weirder.

Can we please get back to the snarling beaver?

Yes. Now we got evil ants and beavers. I'm sorry but I couldn't find the snarling beaver all that menacing. Reminds me more of a pissed off cat that doesn't want to be petted. And when they were surrounded by the ants their first instincts wasn't squish squish squish with their boots?

And Mitch should have said something when he noticed that the ants purposely avoided Jackson (They know what he is now...). He can't be that blind/dumb.

Jackson can smell the sulfur immediately? I guess the dog bite gave him dog powers.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, redfish said:

I have to give this show credit because they have been surprising me with their animal scenarios this season.

Beavers moving a river eight miles and ants attacking the Hadron collider would have never occurred to me. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, redfish said:

Yes. Now we got evil ants and beavers. I'm sorry but I couldn't find the snarling beaver all that menacing. Reminds me more of a pissed off cat that doesn't want to be petted. And when they were surrounded by the ants their first instincts wasn't squish squish squish with their boots?

And Mitch should have said something when he noticed that the ants purposely avoided Jackson (They know what he is now...). He can't be that blind/dumb.

Jackson can smell the sulfur immediately? I guess the dog bite gave him dog powers.

Electric ants and beavers moving rivers.  It's like the show is trying to create its own Pokemon with special attacks.

Jackson will keep getting super powers it seems.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, raven said:

Mitch can siphon cerebrospinal fluid....didn't know they taught that in veterinary pathology school.

Mitch went to med school but left when he didn't want to deal with the people. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Beavers moving a river eight miles and ants attacking the Hadron collider would have never occurred to me. 

Oooh... y'all are tempting me to come back, but I'm staying strong!

1 hour ago, raven said:

Poor Abe got shut out when he was trying to make some time with new gal.

The second i saw them make out i was like"Uh oh..that means she wont survive to the end of the episode.."  lol

Nearly two full minutes of previouslies.

And the mutated animals have killed a million people so far -- and spiritual leaders are calling for an Interfaith day of prayer.  Like that will stop animals from attacking.

Chloe and Rangerette (still don't know her name) have a dick measuring contest after Rangerette kills the mutated humanoid.

Why does New Brunswick, Canada look more like British Columbia, Canada -- there just aren't mountains like that in New Brunswick.  Jamie and the dude are still trekking through the woods and are running out of food, water and could use a gun.  Did they not even bother to take any guns from that cop car ?   Here's the stupidest thing -- why didn't they just backtrack the road that the cop car was on all the way to civilization ?

And we learn that the dude was a private pilot that flew rich assholes around the bush and occasionally did mail runs -- and his plane was forced down (but he doesn't say why or how), his girlfriend was killed by wolves and he is carrying around a big bag of cash.  But I suspect he's lying.

The plane CGI is just bad.

Abe is the lone voice of reason and talks Rangerette down from her rage and her beating up a large tire.  And out of nowhere she starts kissing Abe, and they bang.

Welcome to Geneva where a world-wide war with animals hasn't slowed down fine dining -- except now the ants are getting into the act.  Are we sure these aren't the aliants from Braindead ?  Otherwise how would they know to go after Eleanor's food service cart ?

They teleconference with Eleanor who is in Geneva and the ants are into her room service meal -- and Nora continues to defer the search for Jamie.  Who's kidding who -- they are never going to go looking for her ?  Eleanor specifically tells the team that she will meet them at the plane.

What the hell was that ?  Did Nora not notice that her food was covered with ants ?  And where was the blue electricity coming from ?  Were the ants controlling her ?

Jamie and the dude are lost -- because the river moved.  Dun-dun-dun-dun !!!!!!  Who moved the river ?  Who moved my cheese ?

The team shows up at the hotel because Eleanor was a no show, and bump into the US general who wants to kill all the animals -- and refers to Oz and Mitch as Sam and Frodo.  I like this guy.  And this Noah plan is to kill all the animals -- in the entire world.  Even the birds and insects.  So how exactly will mankind survive ?

Jamie determines that beavers built a really big dam and diverted the river and flooded a mine.  That's a lot of beavers.

Abe drops Rangerette (her name is Dariela, I guess) off and tries to lay plans for an after the crisis relationship but Rangerette is gone.  Poor Abe, he was just a booty call.

Jackson, Chloe and Mitch find Eleanor in her hotel room -- dead -- and her jaw has been removed.  Mitch flips her over and siphons spinal fluid out of her using his mouth and a straw as Jackson tosses the room and Chloe searches Eleanor's computer.  Jackson discovers the swarming ants and they collect some samples.  Chloe notices on TV that there have been many reports of strange burns in the Swiss area.

Jamie plays hurt as the dude climbs the mountain, and it's all a ruse so Jamie can check out the sack he put down.  Jamie finds cash, photos of her in the woods, and a newspaper article about her.  And none of the articles in that printout mention animal attacks.  As Jamie puts the photos back in the bag, she is confronted by a beaver -- since when do beavers climb mountains ?  Since she never hear it coming, it must be a ninja beaver.  If it has the defiant pupil it must be a mutant ninja beaver.  And if that beaver wasn't that old, it would make it a teenage mutant ninja beaver.

Big surprise -- General Davies is evil and kills one of his own men over the location of Eleanor's laptop (all seen by Rangerette).  As she trails the general, more blue lightning explodes from a train shed.  And in the middle of the train shed is a pile of scrap that is highly magnetic.

Mitch discovers an ant in the spinal fluid of Eleanor.  That's creepy.

Dariela calls to show them the weird thing she found so Chloe and Jackson head out, leaving Mitch and Abe to watch the mysterious behavior in the ants.  Abe tries to invoke Jamie's memory to make amends with Mitch all while the ants start to glow with blue electricity.  At the supermagnet site, Jackson smells sulphur and determines that it's something up with the ants.

Jamie and the dude find a cabin the woods (now that was a fun horror movie), as dude goes to find some firewood Jamie bolts.  And aside from that beaver, they have yet to see a single other animal in these woods.  Jamie falls and gets captured, as the dude explains that he wants the leopard.

The ants are all headed for a particle accelerator, so the Chloe, Oz and Rangerette to check it out only to be surrounded them.  As they run down a tunnel, they are confronted by a large swarm of ants -- as Jackson gets caught within the swarm and the swarm goes around him.  And theses ants are so intelligent that they cover up the video surveillance cameras.

They get to the cutoff switch but the ants just keep coming, so they explode a cylinder of gas that was just lying around, but the ants build a bridge out of themselves -- just as Jackson throughs the overide switch and a clue wave emanates out killing most of the ants, but Rangerette swallowed one. Just one ant, but I think it is already in her spinal fluid.  They jury rig an electric chair in order to kill the one ant inside Rangerette.  Which is just ridiculous. And it takes 3 times to kill that little sucker.

The dude takes off Jamie's boot and sock to find her blackened, gangrenous toe -- and looks over at the axe.  I think that toe is coming off.  Boom -- there it is.

They kill the ant inside Rangerette, but kill her in the process as she has no pulse.  Abe volunteers for the vigorous chest massage to revive her -- which he does.

Chloe convinces Rangerette to stay, after telling Chloe the tale of Davies killing his own man over Eleanor's files.  So they investigate Eleanor's computer and find a simulation of the Noah project which will kill 5.3 trillion animals and a little over 2 million humans (there's already 1 million dead humans).  Notice that there are no animal killings in the oceans, so I guess the sea life isn't affected by the defiant pupil.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TDT said:

The second i saw them make out i was like"Uh oh..that means she wont survive to the end of the episode.."  lol

The poor woman's Michelle Rodriguez seems to be there for a convenient LI, so she'll probably have a few episodes for some forced drama before she probably bites it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Killer ants, crafty beavers, and Hadron colliders, oh my! 

It's about time Jackson decided to let Mitch in on his transformation.  I couldn't believe Chloe still wanted to keep it a secret even after the other guy was killed.  Does she remember they are trying to find a cure?

Edited by izabella
4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

...As Jamie puts the photos back in the bag, she is confronted by a beaver -- since when do beavers climb mountains ?  Since she never hear it coming, it must be a ninja beaver.  If it has the defiant pupil it must be a mutant ninja beaver.  And if that beaver wasn't that old, it would make it a teenage mutant ninja beaver....

Hee.
Maybe Jaimie can sew little capes for the teenage mutant ninja beavers while her foot heals. 

• Love 1

Frenchy is especially bug-eyed in any scene opposite new Latina.  I feel like at any moment the actress is going to look directly at the camera and say "are my eyes buggy enough for ya?!?". 

The evil Beaver was hilarious.  I was hoping it would attack Reporter and new guy, and we'd be treated to hilarity as the actors clearly wrestled a plush beaver fresh from the shelves of Toys-R-Us.  

I cant wait for the glowing yellow-eyed gators from the previews.

• Love 1

I bet Dariela has high blood pressure.  She is working my last nerve.  So intense and angry and trying to outbugeye Chloe.  On a scale of 1 to 10 in intensity, she's at a 12.  I'm sure the actress thinks she is doing a bang up job, but I laugh when she spits out lines like "I just need to get back to my TEAM" and "I want to talk to American military" with a growl.  I think she's actually trying to channel Private Vasquez from "Aliens".

Apart from the beaver, I found this episode to be fairly boring.  I don't think I could care any less about what is going on between Logan and Jamie.  Any time the show goes back to "New Brunswick, Canada", it completely kills all momentum.   I hope he is mutating and eats her.

• Love 1

I don't know why they are acting like New Brunswick, Canada is on the moon and oh, no, without Eleanor sending in the SWAT team, there's no way to get Jamie!  Why can't they fly their own plane there?  Or, I dunno, contact someone in Canada or Maine and have them drive over?

• Love 1

Oh Zoo, I so want to quit you, but then THEN, you come up with evil mutant beavers. Or teenage mutant ninja beavers! Thank you for that OttoDbusdriver!

So would the people running this very expensive, complicated collider thingy actually let some strangers try to disable it? When they should have NO KNOWLEDGE of how to do so other than a couple of quick instructions?

RANDOM HOOK UP ALERT! That came completely out of left field.

So, now the animals and bugs are not just wanting to kill all humans, they are super-smart all of the sudden?

Oh show. Could you be any more ridiculous? (I ask rhetorically)

• Love 5

Oh Abe, remember what I said Season 1? Drop witless Dariela. Go after Mitch.

I'm guessing electrical explosion inside Eleanor destroyed part of her spine which is how the ant got in there.

I was rooting for the beaver to push Jamie off the rock.

• Love 1

The evil Beaver was hilarious.  I was hoping it would attack Reporter and new guy, and we'd be treated to hilarity as the actors clearly wrestled a plush beaver fresh from the shelves of Toys-R-Us.

That would be hilarious especially if a beaver bit one of them and imagine what kind of powers Jamie might get from that. The need to gnaw on trees and build a dam and swim?

Jackson is getting superpowers.

When Beavers and Ants attack!

And still it's the human military that act like evil evil heads who evil.  Yeah let's kill millions of people as collateral damage and hope no o e notices.  then again the Noah option couldn't be a viable option because if it was practical (yeah yeah killing animals is wrong even killer animals waring it up with humans) our idiot heroes would look like uhhhhh idiots.  

Well, bye, I guess, Eleanor.  I don't think we even really got to know her.  I guess I was suppose to feel bad for Chloe's sake, but that would require me to care enough about Chloe to do that, which.... nah.

Evil Beaver really was the greatest.  I especially loved the part when he was rubbing his paws during bit, like he was suddenly Mr. Burns from The Simpsons or something.  The entire idea of the beavers screwing over Jamie and the other dude, was easily my favorite part.  I hope those evil critters keep giving them hell!

Evil military continues to be evil, and this time have a face and a voice, thanks to the introduction of General Davies.  I guess it's time for Peter Outerbridge to join last season's Steven Culp, Xander Berkley, and Carl Lumbly in the group of great character actors, that somehow got suckered into this.

Ants that have the ability to use electricity against humans.  Sure, it makes total sense!

So, Dariela's main purpose seems to be getting into fights with everyone (especially Chloe), and develop some kind of "Casual for now, but it will no doubt become more near the end" thing with Abe.  I'm still not sure what she'll bring to the table.  Granted, no one in this group is firing on all cylinders here, but I can at least the logic behind them getting roles.

Guy with Jamie was a pilot who was chaperoning guys that were after the leopard?

I'm hoping Jackson doesn't become a Phase Two thing, but ends up being able to control and lead all the animals.  Behold, Jackson Oz!  King of the Animals!  At least he told Mitch already, although I have to think Mitch was heading in that direction, after he saw how the ants ignored him.

Mitch really can Macgyver any thing out of hotel room supplies.  Doesn't matter what you need.  As long as you've got a coffee pot, some straws, a few clean towels, and a bottle of shampoo, he is set!  Only thing that makes it better is how even Billy Burke seems baffled by it.

Oh, show - I give you props for admirable constraint with the Swiss setting. You kept it to night-time scenes only so that you were not forced to use the Rockies as Alpine stand-ins. And you made the extra-effort to slap a couple of Swiss flags on some soldier dudes in camos who looked exactly like the soldier dudes in camos with UK badges and the ones with US badges - but never mind, that is still light years ahead of a certain show that had dudes in the official (Renaissance-inspired) dress uniforms of the Swiss Papal Guard fight a terrorist attack inside Switzerland without a Pope in sight (yeah, Madam Secretary - I'm not going to forget that one, I think there were even helbards!).

Of course the LHC has a manual override somewhere down a long corridor LOL!

And if someone swallows an electric ant wouldn't it be faster (and less deadly) to just push a finger down her throat instead of McGyvering an electric chair? Just saying.

Also: you're going to kill all the animals on this planet and nobody ever raised the question about human casualties?

But all is forgiven because this week brought us killer beavers! I had hoped they had built that dam in order to flood a major city. Maybe next week?

I just realized that this episode was inspired by the writers watching too many reruns of The Big Bang Theory. The Hadron Collider is obvious.  But TBBT is where I first heard of giant intelligent beaver overlords.

Now if they find the South Park reruns, we'll get Jackson turning into ManBearPig.  You know, Woodland Critter Christmas is probably where they got the idea for a big cat to have the cure. So what's next, crab people, atheist otters, and giant guinea pigs?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MissLucas said:

It needs one!  Because (as I didn't previously know), if you mess with it, it can cause a huge nuclear explosion!

On 7/6/2016 at 7:55 PM, Chaos Theory said:

let's kill millions of people as collateral damage and hope no o e notices.  then again the Noah option couldn't be a viable option because if it was practical (yeah yeah killing animals is wrong even killer animals waring it up with humans) our idiot heroes would look like uhhhhh idiots.  

Killing all the animals... HOW? I mean really.. that's their plan? Kill ALL the animals? How do you even do that? Only a couple of million human casualties? They only way to kill all the animals is to take off and nuke the entire site from orbit... it's the only way to be sure. ;) 

And by "site" I mean Earth. Which as we all know has far more than a few million people on it.

• Love 1
On 7/7/2016 at 9:28 AM, MissLucas said:

But, of course, the glass is next to impossible to break, because you certainly don't want the hoi polloi to go overriding whatever it is that needs to be overrode at certain critical moments.

I noticed that, despite the team car being driven into the cavernous back bay of the plane, somehow between episodes it has managed to get itself turned around and facing rearward.

5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

But, of course, the glass is next to impossible to break, because you certainly don't want the hoi polloi to go overriding whatever it is that needs to be overrode at certain critical moments.

The glass is a protective measure against those nutters who wanted the LHC to shut down because it might bring a black-hole apocalypse. Just in case one of these freaks makes it into CERN s/he needs to be slowed down by safety glass. Nobody ever expected Zoopocalypse although there have been warnings!

1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

...Nobody ever expected Zoopocalypse although there have been warnings!

Zoo writers should read the rest of the NPR article to get new ideas:

...There have been previous incidents, including one in 2009, when a bird is believed to have dropped a baguette onto critical electrical systems.

Nor are the problems exclusive to the LHC: In 2006, raccoons conducted a "coordinated" attack on a particle accelerator in Illinois.

It is unclear whether the animals are trying to stop humanity from unlocking the secrets of the universe....

• Love 1

I dont understand how last season Jamie was on some remote island in thr middle of the Atlantic, and suddenly this season she's in New Brunswick.

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

I dont understand how last season Jamie was on some remote island in thr middle of the Atlantic, and suddenly this season she's in New Brunswick.

Continental drift caused by beavers?

• Love 1

I knew I couldn't be the only one confused by Jamie's sudden shift to New Brunswick. It doesn't feel like they're in New Brunswick at all. I actually thought Jamie got to some really northern country last season, but apparently they're in Canada? I feel like they only made that decision while planning for season 2. Plus, it makes no sense. New Brunswick is easily reachable. Just call people up in Canada and send a team. Jesus. They would have been better off to leave Jamie on an island in the middle of the ocean.

I guess the show found the other two couples to have moved too slowly last season, so they decided to jump right into it with Abe and Rangerette. Either that, or they wanted Abe to get some since he didn't last season. 

Oh look! Now Jackson wants to tell! Chloe's still being a stubborn idiot, though. 

Eleanor was killed by ants. "But how?" Chloe, you know she was burned from the inside out. Maybe ask how ants can burn/electrocute people. I feel like I'm watching Revolution again.

Beavers! Man, if there was a way for Jamie to go, beavers would be it for me. But having them find a cabin in the woods made me remember that Kristen is good at the campy horror stuff. Or maybe she's a lot better when she has better writing attached. But hey, Jamie's toe got cut off? I hope that actually happened.

Hey! Jackson Animal Whisper'd the ants! I want more of that! At least Mitch knows officially now.