Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I understand what Aldi is trying to say in their commercials, but grocery stores don't initiate price changes in random times during the day!

I worked in grocery stores for 25 years & can assure you they can & do change the prices for various reasons whenever they feel like it, at any time of the night or day. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
12 hours ago, InDueTime said:

I see that PayPal is putting out ads now. Whoever told Will Ferrell that he could sing lied to him.

Ditto for whoever told him he's funny.  I keep seeing the begining of another commercial with him becoming entangled in windchimes and wonder what is for (obviously, I skip the commercial as soon as I can) but noticed he's had some horrific plastic surgery done to his face that makes him resemble a male cat-lady.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

Ditto for whoever told him he's funny.  I keep seeing the begining of another commercial with him becoming entangled in windchimes and wonder what is for (obviously, I skip the commercial as soon as I can) but noticed he's had some horrific plastic surgery done to his face that makes him resemble a male cat-lady.

Wow, he looks so strange. Maybe some AI filtering also going on. Horrible commercial. More out-of-tune singing. Gah.

• Like 2

I've seen this this Dunkin commercial with Kristin Wiig twice today and not only does it make me not want to ever buy whatever the hell a Dunkalatte is, it just reaffirms that Kristin Wiig is not the least bit funny.

On 9/14/2024 at 9:40 PM, InDueTime said:

I see that PayPal is putting out ads now. Whoever told Will Ferrell that he could sing lied to him.

I hate, hate, HATE this commercial for so many reasons.

• Like 3

I should probably post this in the "Favorite Commercials" thread; but since we have bashed Liberty Mutual at times there is a new one.  The crazy-looking guy sporting a pastel tux and pompadour who had a wax figure made of himself.  Identical. And then it started melting when the sun came out. His reaction...the falling in horror and then shrieking. Even though I have seen it quite a bit - I still can't help laughing. Just me?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

4 imprint for certain 

This is so dumb.  It's a company that's makes promotional stuff with your logo on it.  They're making their whole campaign around the fact you'll definitely get the logo and words you want on your items. 4 certain! Ok....Great. that's like the bare minimum I'd expect from such a company. And if you screw it up I'd think you redo it. That's all they have to promote their company?  We'll get the words and logo right....anything beyond that I guess it's a crapshoot. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

4 imprint for certain 

This is so dumb.  It's a company that's makes promotional stuff with your logo on it.  They're making their whole campaign around the fact you'll definitely get the logo and words you want on your items. 4 certain! Ok....Great. that's like the bare minimum I'd expect from such a company. And if you screw it up I'd think you redo it. That's all they have to promote their company?  We'll get the words and logo right....anything beyond that I guess it's a crapshoot. 

and i guess i don't understand advertising.  how can they be paying to have this commercial run non-stop over and over. are there really that many companies needing this service and for the first time?

• Like 5

I've never been in a situation of needing to order custom printed swag. All I can think is that if I was "starting from scratch," I'd figure this was a well-known company, with presumably a wide-selection of swag, so I'd check them out first.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Kemper said:

I should probably post this in the "Favorite Commercials" thread; but since we have bashed Liberty Mutual at times there is a new one.  The crazy-looking guy sporting a pastel tux and pompadour who had a wax figure made of himself.  Identical. And then it started melting when the sun came out. His reaction...the falling in horror and then shrieking. Even though I have seen it quite a bit - I still can't help laughing. Just me?

That one actually creeps me out, though I can’t explain why. I think it may have triggered some childhood trauma. It’s something about the figure silently, gradually melting. *shudder*

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, AgathaC said:

That one actually creeps me out, though I can’t explain why. I think it may have triggered some childhood trauma. It’s something about the figure silently, gradually melting. *shudder*

Wizard of Oz?  Wicked Witch of the West - " I'm melting!"

• LOL 1
37 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Wizard of Oz?  Wicked Witch of the West - " I'm melting!"

Hmmm. Good callout. Though I don’t recall being upset by anything in TWoO. I’m thinking it was some obscure, traumatic children’s show or movie that I blocked out!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AgathaC said:

Shades of Uncanny Valley?

I saw a commercial for what I think was a food delivery service but am not sure. What I do remember, however, is fixating on the asshole in a wading pool precariously balancing hamburgers and hotdogs on a floating plate. When that topples, it's going to make a gross mess!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
20 hours ago, AgathaC said:

When we were kids, my mother took my brother, my cousin, and me, to the John Brown Wax Museum in Harpers Ferry WV. At the end of the tour the audience was routed down a staircase to a basement-like room. Wax John Brown was lying on a table with friends (wax) around him. All of a sudden he rose up, raised his arm and pointed his finger, eyes bulging, and proclaimed something through the speakers.  While my brother and I laughed hysterically, my cousin shrieked and ran out; to this day she is terrified of wax figures and statues. She is 78.