Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

Nothing more offensive than the Golden Corral commercial teaching an Anglo woman how to roll her r’s

You could have just stopped there. Not sure why teaching the rolling of r's is offensive to anyone though. I grew up in the UK & some people there (especially in Wales) rolled their r's, I never could & still can't. 

• Like 2
On 6/10/2024 at 9:40 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Ew ew ew. There’s an eharmony “get who gets you” ad running now where one partner is happy to pop the other’s pimple. Was this already posted here? If so my brain must have bleached it out already. 

Yes! Came here because I just saw it... so disgusting! Thank you for bringing it up so I didn't have to. We need a throwing up emoji here.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

Nothing more offensive than the Golden Corral commercial teaching an Anglo woman how to roll her r’s

Well, there definitely is. But yeah, that seemed rude. I assume we're supposed to assume that they all know each other and it's good natured. But in that case, wouldn't they already know that she can't roll her Rs?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

But in that case, wouldn't they already know that she can't roll her Rs?

I mean, my mom, whose first language, which I do not speak, contains rolled Rs, was shocked to learn I couldn't do it. So I can buy someone's friend not knowing whether they can do it.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

Latino where I work makes fun of me because i called Mexican actor Cantinflas "Can-tin-flas" and not "Can-teen-flas". Hey, I'm just proud I know who he is.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
22 hours ago, Shrek said:

You could have just stopped there. Not sure why teaching the rolling of r's is offensive to anyone though. I grew up in the UK & some people there (especially in Wales) rolled their r's, I never could & still can't. 

I don't know about offensive, but it is rude as hell to keep harping on it.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1

I loathe the Geico commercial which is playing incessantly during the UEFA Euro Championships (soccer/football) where two fans sitting two seats apart keep radioing in suggestions/comments to the referee who somehow obeys all of them.  I know it's supposed to be funny but I just think it is inane and stupid and not funny at all.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, blackwing said:

I loathe the Geico commercial which is playing incessantly during the UEFA Euro Championships (soccer/football) where two fans sitting two seats apart keep radioing in suggestions/comments to the referee who somehow obeys all of them.  I know it's supposed to be funny but I just think it is inane and stupid and not funny at all.

The original version, with the players at the end going "So are we all offside?", was amusing at first but I've seen it way too many times now.