Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

The woman in the Medicare supplement ad who says "I'm only in my 60's, I have a lot of years left to live" -- I get the point but I'm just superstitious enough that I'd never say something like that.  I'd probably walk out my door and get hit by a bus, and my town has no buses. 

There's a term for statements like that but I can't think what it is.  "Whistling into the wind?"  Something like that.

Insufferable. That commercial has been running so long I wonder if she's still in her sixties.

17 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

What was T-Mobile thinking using Ariana Grande in their commercial. I want to permanently boycott them just for having to look at that twit. 

Agree ^^^^

Wasn't she the little brat bitch that was licking all the cupcakes in the bakery when the clerk's back was turned ? Caught on video?

• Love 9

What was T-Mobile thinking using Ariana Grande in their commercial. I want to permanently boycott them just for having to look at that twit. 

But I like the idea of said twit being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, SoSueMe said:

Wasn't she the little brat bitch that was licking all the cupcakes in the bakery when the clerk's back was turned ? Caught on video?

Actually, it was donuts.  But she is a horrible person for doing that.  UGH.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, SoSueMe said:

I so agree with that. Also when did it start being correct to pronounce "especially" as "ekspecially"??? It drives me crazy. I have heard pundits, tv reporters, school spokespeople (yeah, really) do it. Maybe it is the new acceptable thing and I missed the memo.

Maybe you could aks someone on the interwebs.

Verizon Pixel commercial. Group of people on a train, admiring the scenery, guy uses his Pixel phone to take a bunch of photos and create a virtual reality experience. Girl dons VR goggles, swoons 'how is this possible,' or something. I think, take off the VR goggles and LOOK OUT THE WINDOW.

My former boss complained that on a trip to the Grand Canyon, his family spent more time in the gift shop looking at pictures of the canyon than they did looking at the canyon itself. 

• Love 12
On 11/6/2016 at 11:59 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

#ThisisYogurting? No. Hell no. Fuck no. Stop verbing everything! 

On 11/9/2016 at 8:51 PM, legaleagle53 said:

Verbing weirds language.  -- Calvin

Add Hulu's "Come TV With Us" slogan to the pile.  It sounds so pretentious. 

On 10/21/2016 at 9:33 PM, 3pwood said:

Is there a kind of pie that's unlikeable?  I like some kinds more than others, but all pies are wonderful -- aren't they?

For me, cherry, coconut, and pies with nuts in them are far from wonderful.

• Love 6

Why, why, why are commercials so frequently full of crappy sentence structure? Just saw one about Hep C being a problem in Baby Boomers. At the end, the voiceover and the text on the screen say, "Be sure to ask your doctor to get tested for Hep C." The doctor doesn't need your input on what s/he should be getting tested for!

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Hey, kid, stop hashtagging everything.  No, your mom is not Hashtag stuffy nose.  The commercial doesn't even have anything to do with the net, you're just throwing Hashtag in there for no particular reason.

Totally agree! Wish Mom had told her that if she used her phone as a toy again to spread nonsense  to her airhead pals, she'd have it taken away until she was able to pay for her own phone with a real job!   Yeah, yeah get off my lawn, whippersnappers.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Hey, kid, stop hashtagging everything.  No, your mom is not Hashtag stuffy nose.  The commercial doesn't even have anything to do with the net, you're just throwing Hashtag in there for no particular reason.

I hate that ad too.  Little brat.  Mock your mom for being sick and having to breathe through her mouth.  Give me that phone that you don't need anyway, and go sit your smarmy ass in the corner.  Nasty brat.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

What are you talking about?  What exactly is Volkswagen doing?

Their new commercials for the current "sign & drive for 0% interest" use that song.  If one has fond childhood memories of Schoolhouse Rock, it can be very jarring.

There's a new Xfinity commercial where grandma is checking out her granddaughter's tweets about "entering the gates of hell" where there's no wifi or good tv and discovers the entitled brat is referring to spending the holidays at grandma's house.  So, instead of making the kid read or do something productive, she and grandpa have Xfinity installed before said brat arrives so she can how cool her grandparents are.  UGH.

• Love 9

What are you talking about?  What exactly is Volkswagen doing?

Their new commercials for the current "sign & drive for 0% interest" use that song.  If one has fond childhood memories of Schoolhouse Rock, it can be very jarring.

Well, and emissions fraud. They're not really advertising that. 

• Love 1

This is a 'holiday' commercial, but it brings on the rage.

Our country is already in a state of heightened emotions and division.  Now, there is a holiday themed commercial with  two cars carrying trees on their roof.  You would think the holiday message  would be about peace and harmony.  No, this one has warring families,  where even the children are glaring hatefully at each other.   Supposed to be justified that the trees are bare after the race? 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, my tiffany said:

This is a 'holiday' commercial, but it brings on the rage.

Our country is already in a state of heightened emotions and division.  Now, there is a holiday themed commercial with  two cars carrying trees on their roof.  You would think the holiday message  would be about peace and harmony.  No, this one has warring families,  where even the children are glaring hatefully at each other.   Supposed to be justified that the trees are bare after the race? 

What annoys me about this ad is the line about "a new way to trim the tree" - that's not trimming the tree, you arsewipes!

• Love 1

There is some car ad with a hellbeast in the back seat wearing Converse and a tutu kicking the hell out of her father's seat while he, the fucking driver, just smiles and shakes his head as if to say "oh that little scamp, but what can you do?"

Holy fuckballs how are you not telling her to cut that shit out right now or I'll cut your damn feet off Satan?  

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, mojoween said:

There is some car ad with a hellbeast in the back seat wearing Converse and a tutu kicking the hell out of her father's seat while he, the fucking driver, just smiles and shakes his head as if to say "oh that little scamp, but what can you do?"

Holy fuckballs how are you not telling her to cut that shit out right now or I'll cut your damn feet off Satan?  

THIS times a million!  Every time I see that rotten child I scream "Beatings!".

• Love 8
On 11/16/2016 at 9:23 PM, Silver Raven said:

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

This times a billion.  My kids and my grandkids learned early to keep their damn feet off the back of the seat!!!!  

• Love 10

I do like the way the driver says "but I gotta get home."  Her inflection is cute.

One thing that confuses me, if I am remembering correctly.  When Ariana hits the bricks Map gets up front and says "that way."  But Driver was already going that way and they were on a long stretch of straight road, were they not?  If she had to turn around and go the other way, Map was doing a shitty job and perhaps HE should have been the one to bounce.

• Love 4

The new diamond commercials are getting on my last nerve. I guess millennials aren't buying enough diamond rings?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_whjfNkvGw

What is wild and kind about a diamond necklace? Also, who wears a diamond necklace out adventuring? The people in these ads are more likely to spend their money on a big trip and skip the jewelry.

Also, sorry kids but "honest to a fault" is not wild or kind either.

Edited by huahaha
  • Love 1
On 11/11/2016 at 9:22 AM, Joe Blow said:

As far as the "noseblind" stuff, it's sort of true:

It's true for some women and perfume. They can't smell it on themselves, so they add more, and everyone chokes on the cloud.

On 11/14/2016 at 1:12 PM, frenchtoast said:

I'll take the VIPoo ads over this PooPourri one any time.

Another forum I frequent loves this ad. And they contributed this:

80-christmas_cookies_7666040acbde373487c

• Love 9
On 11/17/2016 at 5:26 PM, my tiffany said:

Our country is already in a state of heightened emotions and division.  Now, there is a holiday themed commercial with  two cars carrying trees on their roof.

I'm pretty sure that's the Dodge Black Friday ad, and there aren't any little kids in it. Just the two Dodge brothers. Is the music Mannheim Steamroller?

3 hours ago, huahaha said:

The new diamond commercials are getting on my last nerve. I guess millennials aren't buying enough diamond rings?

No, they aren't. Millennials spend their money on technology.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, ennui said:

I'm pretty sure that's the Dodge Black Friday ad, and there aren't any little kids in it. Just the two Dodge brothers. Is the music Mannheim Steamroller?

I've seen ad with two dads driving/racing with trees on the roof, and kids in the car.  Maybe that's what the poster was referring to.  I don't know if it was for Dodge though.

40 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I've seen ad with two dads driving/racing with trees on the roof, and kids in the car.  Maybe that's what the poster was referring to.  I don't know if it was for Dodge though.

Okay, I found it. It's Dodge. The commercial I had seen was Charger and Challenger, the one with the kids is Durango and Journey.  

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but that Bud Light ad with Lady Gaga"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOURE GOINNG..."

I swear Spike and FX run this ad in almost every other commercial break lol..

From the holiday commercials thread, since though I have questions the ad bugs me just that much:

On 11/18/2016 at 10:02 PM, mmecorday said:

Kmart has been on the endangered list for a while now and thinks it can up its holiday sales with ads featuring an obnoxious guy on a pogo stick talking about how he bought an oven for a blind date, the blind date didn't show up, and now he has two ovens.

I'm not even sure what the point of this ad is. That if you buy an oven for a blind date, she's likely to stand you up since you haven't even been out with her but you're already purchasing appliances for her, indicating that you're picturing her as a hausfrau? Since the moron in the commercial is bouncing around on a pogo stick, it seems likelier that he'd have bought something less practical, like an enormous teddy bear with a red ribbon around it, not something for every day use. It's so aggravating that I think more about this kind of thing than the people who made the damn commercial.

• Love 5

You know what, people in commercial-land?  NO ONE GIVES A SHIT IF YOU MASTERPASS'D IT.  

So why don't you keep that to yourself, ok?  And hey, you, guy with giant bear - just show the conductor your damned ticket.  I can PROMISE you that HOW you bought your ticket is as important to him as what you had for breakfast that morning.

• Love 8
On 11/19/2016 at 9:18 AM, mojoween said:

I do like the way the driver says "but I gotta get home."  Her inflection is cute.

One thing that confuses me, if I am remembering correctly.  When Ariana hits the bricks Map gets up front and says "that way."  But Driver was already going that way and they were on a long stretch of straight road, were they not?  If she had to turn around and go the other way, Map was doing a shitty job and perhaps HE should have been the one to bounce.

I like to think Ariana just got way too overbearing and the driver wanted her out, so made up this lame excuse about needing the map and Ariana was too stupid to realize how lame an excuse that is. I like the driver's inflection, too - I think it gives credence to my scenario. Lol. 

• Love 5

Sincere question because I am an old: who has seen the music video for the song the Ariana-driver is listening to? I've been assuming this whole time what she's wearing in the ad is something she wears in the video for the song. Hence it should have nothing to do with the current temperature of wherever they are. She's a manifestation of the song playing in the app. So her outfit should be equally...manifested.

• Love 5

If Ariana Grande was yelling something unintelligible in my car, I would have put her little ass out in the desert too.  The only way I understood what she was "singing" was when the title came up.  I think the driver couldn't take it anymore and just wanted her gone.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Um, she's not in the car, she's in the app. 

Her body is actually in the car, for the ad.  Does she always dress like that?  If she is just an app  (which is okay, I'm just an old fart who isn't hip anymore) then shouldn't she be just a head?  Or totally nude? 

Edited by Brattinella
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:30 PM, TattleTeeny said:

I'll take your word for it but I'm skeptical. Very few things successfully mask smells for me; once I notice it, it stays noticed--gross Febreze only adds more unwanted smells. Also, I am no kind of scientist, but "odor molecules" sounds ridiculous!

You know that when you smell crap, you are inhaling tiny pieces of it, right? :-)

• Love 3