Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I'm pretty sure they do it because for someone to have ANY sort of a "past" and be hooked up with a Duggar, it's a fairly big deal. Let's face it, a worldly professional soccer player with a drunk and disorderly on his record IS a big deal for the Duggars.

....when you put aside the whole Smuggar mess. I have a sneaking suspicion that trying to minimalize Josh's wrongdoings was part of the reason that Boob ever entertained Jeremy's suit. Deflect, deflect, deflect! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure they do it because for someone to have ANY sort of a "past" and be hooked up with a Duggar, it's a fairly big deal. Let's face it, a worldly professional soccer player with a drunk and disorderly on his record IS a big deal for the Duggars.

....when you put aside the whole Smuggar mess. I have a sneaking suspicion that trying to minimalize Josh's wrongdoings was part of the reason that Boob ever entertained Jeremy's suit. Deflect, deflect, deflect! 

With all their blathering about forgiving Josh, it would be hypocritical to diss Jeremy. At least he wasn't groping his sisters.

• Love 8

I just hope he isn't abusive. Like I said earlier, we have proof that he's an angry drunk. Hopefully, he's one of those people who just go from 0-100 after a few drinks, but is perfectly okay when sober.

Ego issues aside. It sounds like he has the famewhore gene, and THAT is where I worry that things will get ugly. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I find it annoying how the tabloids are making so much of Jeremy's college antics. Not a sordid or scandalous past nor does being drunk and disorderly in college make him some criminal beyond redemption.  Move on, tabloids...nothing to see here...just move on...unless they have pictures of him sheep shagging..

I think that was probably more Jim Bob's thing.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I find it annoying how the tabloids are making so much of Jeremy's college antics. Not a sordid or scandalous past nor does being drunk and disorderly in college make him some criminal beyond redemption.  Move on, tabloids...nothing to see here...just move on...unless they have pictures of him sheep shagging..

Yeah, he certainly wouldn't be the first college kid to have a few too many, mouth off to a cop and end up in the drunk tank for the night. We're not exactly talking a felonious history of bank robberies here. I think it's just odd to see anyone who had a normal past associating with the Duggars.

• Love 6
(edited)

Before Joshgate, KJB would have run Jeremy out of Duggarville on a rail. Jeremy would never have passed muster. KJB was still going for squeaky clean, and had managed to find two such guys - and one poor, innocent girl - to that point. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Before Joshgate, KJB would have run Jeremy out of Duggarville on a rail. Jeremy would never have passed muster. KJB was still going for squeaky clean, and had managed to find two such guys - and one poor, innocent girl - to that point. 

I imagine before Joshgate I, that would have been the case. All about squeaky clean, and nothing less than never kissed anyone.  Trying to find a man suitable for Jana who'd never kissed a girl at that age, would have doomed poor Jana to lifelong spinsterhood or he would gave been so painfully homely that Jana would choose lifelong spinsterhood.

Though admirable to be able to maintain such a level of purity, it's not realistic for many Christians, so after being admonished to not be "a cup of spit", they may now have to settle for one. (Not our value judgment, but KJBs). It likely doesn't compute after this hyper vigilant state of uber purity to now accepting "gently used "born again virgins.  

Is this because Boob is relaxing the rules out of necessity or is it because he's desperate to marry those girls off? I'd like to believe he's had an epiphany and has decided to use common sense, but I think it's more about the gravy train. 

• Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I imagine before Joshgate I, that would have been the case. All about squeaky clean, and nothing less than never kissed anyone.  Trying to find a man suitable for Jana who'd never kissed a girl at that age, would have doomed poor Jana to lifelong spinsterhood or he would gave been so painfully homely that Jana would choose lifelong spinsterhood.

Though admirable to be able to maintain such a level of purity, it's not realistic for many Christians, so after being admonished to not be "a cup of spit", they may now have to settle for one. (Not our value judgment, but KJBs). It likely doesn't compute after this hyper vigilant state of uber purity to now accepting "gently used "born again virgins.  

Is this because Boob is relaxing the rules out of necessity or is it because he's desperate to marry those girls off? I'd like to believe he's had an epiphany and has decided to use common sense, but I think it's more about the gravy train. 

Yes, sort of, NEVER, and ALWAYS! :D 

Come on, Boob has never had an epiphany or employed common sense about anything, ever. He may claim otherwise, but he's going to marry off those girls to keep the gravy train rolling. He relaxed the rules because I imagine the pool of suitors dried up right quick after Joshgate I. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

After Zach was so devastated when his courtship with Sarah didn't materialize to marriage, Gil and Kelly looked at their rules and threw out what no longer made sense when they saw it wasn't working.  

The Duggars are incapable of having the humility and the discernment that the Bateses have when they realize which rules and parts of their ideology are doing more harm than good or are simply not practical. The Bateses are big Kool Aid consumers, but seem to give their kids much more freedom of choice and a longer leash.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

The Duggars are incapable of having the humility and the discernment that the Bateses have when they realize which rules and parts of their ideology are doing more harm than good or are simply not practical. The Bateses are big Kool Aid consumers, but seem to give their kids much more freedom of choice and a longer leash.

The Duggars always double down. Always.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

After Zach was so devastated when his courtship with Sarah didn't materialize to marriage, Gil and Kelly looked at their rules and threw out what no longer made sense when they saw it wasn't working.  

But...but...BUT the Duggars claim that each couple has their own courtship rules. Funny how those rules haven't deviated from KJB's stated rules since Smuggar first courted 8 years ago. Yeah Smuggar, you guys are truly allowed to express your individuality....as long as it is within the confines of Duggar Rules and Accepted "careers." 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

With all their blathering about forgiving Josh, it would be hypocritical to diss Jeremy. At least he wasn't groping his sisters.

Or mowing the lawn in a bikini causing his neighbor to divorce.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

But...but...BUT the Duggars claim that each couple has their own courtship rules. Funny how those rules haven't deviated from KJB's stated rules since Smuggar first courted 8 years ago. Yeah Smuggar, you guys are truly allowed to express your individuality....as long as it is within the confines of Duggar Rules and Accepted "careers." 

It took me a minute ... I'm like they have dating rules in the Bible?

I was thinking King James Bible, not Kim Jing Boob.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, exactly. I never believed Josh, Jill, or Jessa made their own rules since they all saved their first kiss together for the wedding. These were all Boob's rules. Erin and Chad supposedly saved their first kiss.

• Love 3

It wasn't even the kiss. It was the hand holding and front-hugging. My god, Michelle almost had a coronary when Jill and Derick hugged at the airport, and was on the verge of a stroke when almost-engaged Benessa held hands during a fucking prayer before a meal! 

These slip-ups make it pretty clear whose rules these really are, and they're not the kids'. 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It wasn't even the kiss. It was the hand holding and front-hugging. My god, Michelle almost had a coronary when Jill and Derick hugged at the airport, and was on the verge of a stroke when almost-engaged Benessa held hands during a fucking prayer before a meal! 

These slip-ups make it pretty clear whose rules these really are, and they're not the kids'. 

And each time Michelle had to explain the slip-ups in a talking head.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And each time Michelle had to explain the slip-ups in a talking head.

Exactly...we all know whose rules they are. It was damage control for the Gothard bunch...

Besides, holding hands while saying grace is customary for people.

• Love 3

Or how about when Derek put his arm on Jill's shoulder while walking in Nepal and Jim Bob insinuated himself between them?  For the love of Pete, he was RIGHT THERE!  How far could Derek have gone in public with JB next to them?  Putting your arm around someone's shoulder, frontal hugs and holding hands does not deflower them.   

• Love 10

I wonder if they manage to convince the kids that they're grateful for such interference?

I mean, surely if it were truly up to "the courting couple", they could change their minds a la carte in an instant walking down the street... "Hey, I feel like holding your hand."

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Or how about when Derek put his arm on Jill's shoulder while walking in Nepal and Jim Bob insinuated himself between them?  For the love of Pete, he was RIGHT THERE!  How far could Derek have gone in public with JB next to them?  Putting your arm around someone's shoulder, frontal hugs and holding hands does not deflower them.   

You can never be too careful, now.  Next thing you know, she will be showing her knees or something just as whore'ish.  Can't have any gateway behavior, because that is when Satan builds a fortress in your heart.  Or something..

• Love 3
Just now, Lady Edith said:

Not in the real world. But in Duggar Christian Purity Fantasyland, being alone and touching "unwraps a gift" that was meant to be saved for marriage. I wish I were kidding. I just posted this over in the Seewald topic but it's also relevant here. This is from the "relationships" book that the elder daughters "wrote" a few years ago, and has been recently re-released in a revised version:

"Once you open the door to being alone and enter into a physical relationship before marriage (kissing, touching, physical intimacy), you are allowing your partner to unwrap a precious, special gift that God intended you to hold on to until your wedding day, and you're also creating a lot of guilt and distrust, and you won't be able to fully enjoy the pleasure of the sin because of all the guilt it brings." — the eldest four Duggar daughters in "Growing Up Duggar: It's All About Relationships"

-- from this 2015 story.

Seriously, that crap essentially equates hand-holding, and maybe even being alone, with sexual intercourse. 

And WTF is that about "not being able to fully enjoy the pleasure of the sin?" I think I know what they're saying but that's badly worded. 

Delusional asshats.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Not in the real world. But in Duggar Christian Purity Fantasyland, being alone and touching "unwraps a gift" that was meant to be saved for marriage. I wish I were kidding. I just posted this over in the Seewald topic but it's also relevant here. This is from the "relationships" book that the elder daughters "wrote" a few years ago, and has been recently re-released in a revised version:

-- from this 2015 story.

Seriously, that crap essentially equates hand-holding, and maybe even being alone, with sexual intercourse. 

And WTF is that about "not being able to fully enjoy the pleasure of the sin?" I think I know what they're saying but that's badly worded. 

Delusional asshats.

Good LORD!  There is a HUGE difference between holding hands and doing the horizontal mambo!  Or frontal hugs and bumpin' uglies.  Seriously, even in the Bible (the version that most people seem to use) kisses are a standard greeting, not sinful or a gateway drug to knockin' boots.  How many more euphemisms for intercourse can I name in one post, lol!

In all seriousness I feel horrible for these kids.  Josh's behavior stole the normalcy from their lives.  Having to share your first kiss at your wedding in front of 1,000 people...or having to run away to have privacy for the first kiss that SHOULD have been theirs all along.  They were robbed, flat out.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

-- from this 2015 story.

Delusional asshats.

Oh, I think we know exactly what they're trying to say.

"You'll be wracked with guilt by and during the handholding!"

It's like a busybody neighbor intoning, "*And the worst part about it all is, you *won't even enjoy it*".

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

"It's ok Mr Duggar, I felt up my last couple of girlfriends. I'm good to go for awhile."

• Love 15
13 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Imagine if JB and Michelle were as hypervigilant with their sex offender son as they were with Derick and Ben....  

And Gothard, single never married Gothard for some reason never needed a chaperone counselling all of those defenseless girls.  I mean really, they just assumed 'Mr. Gothard' was on the up and up.  Meanwhile, every other single guy in town can't control themselves.

• Love 16
44 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

And Gothard, single never married Gothard for some reason never needed a chaperone counselling all of those defenseless girls.  I mean really, they just assumed 'Mr. Gothard' was on the up and up.  Meanwhile, every other single guy in town can't control themselves.

Yeah, talk about projection...

• Love 6
(edited)

How will we ever believe the kids choose to follow the courshit rules if we never see one of them choose something different. Jeremy already looks like he sold his man card to 'court' Jinger, so he won't be our our hero. 

Just to note, if people choose courting, that's fine, but boob makes it clear that his children have an option and then freaks out if they cross the line. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

How will we ever believe the kids choose to follow the courshit rules if we never see one of them choose something different. Jeremy already looks like he sold his man card to 'court' Jinger, so he won't be our our hero. 

Just to note, if people choose courting, that's fine, but boob makes it clear that his children have an option and then freaks out if they cross the line. 

Well, that does sound pretty Biblical...God gave Adam & Eve free will as well, then promptly banished them from Eden for eating the wrong fruit. Jim Bob's version of "choice" is also probably something like, "You have free will to choose, but remember the consequences...you will never have true happiness in your relationship if you do not follow these rules, and you will make Baby Jesus cry..."

• Love 7

Or "Of course you have a choice. Do the right thing and follow cult rules or be shunned by your family and burn in hell forever. Your choice."

• Love 14

No new pictures of Jinjer and the holy goalie?

I thought we would get a few more happy pictures by now...doing all the fun and pure courtship things that two Gothardites would enjoy doing!  (puke) Maybe the drunk tank tabloid reports shut them up! 

Jessa needs to how her best bud Jinger how to step up her game with selfies. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

No new pictures of Jinjer and the holy goalie?

I thought we would get a few more happy pictures by now...doing all the fun and pure courtship things that two Gothardites would enjoy doing!  (puke) Maybe the drunk tank tabloid reports shut them up! 

Jessa needs to how her best bud Jinger how to step up her game with selfies. 

Strange enough, now that we know they are courting and he is a minister it's just..yawn. Not even able to get a good snark on. I really thought a courtship would spark my interest, but ...if that Jana thing works out then ...

• Love 5
8 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Strange enough, now that we know they are courting and he is a minister it's just..yawn. Not even able to get a good snark on. I really thought a courtship would spark my interest, but ...if that Jana thing works out then ...

This courtship is a snoozer so far. JinJer has to bring something to the table.  This isn't working for me at all. 

Snarking on Ben and Dirty Derick is way more fun...

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Marigold said:

This courtship is a snoozer so far. JinJer has to bring something to the table.  This isn't working for me at all. 

Snarking on Ben and Dirty Derick is way more fun...

Like....totally!

• Love 3

I notice she won't reveal her source. Sadly, I don't think Duggar Family Official allows people to post to their page any longer, but someone COULD put this in the comments and watch the leghumpers' heads assplode. 

• Love 3
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Is Jeremy a 'he who protests too much' dude?

Like a lot of fundy men, he is unreasonably threatened by homosexual males and points this out with aplomb on his church's website. I am absolutely 100% convinced Jeremy and his ilk are closeted, and it's not just me being snarky. I've thought about it way too much, and it is the only reasonable explanation for people like him taking it as far as they do.  If it walks like a duck wearing purple beads.....

• Love 15
(edited)

Well, i was just complaining that this courtship is a snoozer. This definitely spices things up!! There must be more dirt to be uncovered. 

Where there is smoke, there is fire. 

Sooo....Jeremy ministers to gay men but he seems pretty comfortable in this picture with purple beads etc. Just sayin'

I bet there are tons of pictures of Jeremy. An athlete who drank during college and used social media! Could get spicey!

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 6