Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Exactly. My fear is that one day, they will turn into the Chelsea Houska of the Duggar family, and no one will be allowed to say a word against them. Fingers crossed that will never happen! I'm just not impressed with them because they seem to be really idle while living an upscale lifestyle. For instance, Jessa and Bin don't do much either, but Jessa wears the same old navy swing dress that was $20 at most over and over again. Jinger and Jeremy are so slick with their appearances, you'd think he was a doctor or something, but he's a part-time pastor at best. He reminds me of an immature friend I used to have who required the best clothes and lifestyle, but refused to get a job. Lucky for him, his parents were rich. Nobody looked at him with admiration, though, because the upper-class thing seems silly when your immediate family has no job to back it up (or even something like an inheritance...not very relatable for a very young couple to start out at the top with one part time job between them).

It would be less grating to see someone on a scripted show (you know...an actual actor) go on vacation because 1) they have worked for their money by attending acting classes over the years, learning their lines, being on set all day every day when they don't necessarily feel like it, etc., and 2) they're building a future, and will get another's paying acting job after this one is over. To me, having a reality show is an awesome perk if you can get it, but it's not work in the sense that you only have to film occasionally, filming often involves you doing something really fun, and you can refuse to film basically whenever you're not feeling it. It also doesn't lead to much down the road unless you are at Kim K levels. If I were work-averse like the Duggars, I would save all I could, because unlike with actors, this cash cow will not come again once it's gone! The issue of people giving them expensive vacations grates me the most, though. I won't buy anything even if I can afford it if I think it's a bad bargain. They tried to hawk me a $2 bag at the Willis Tower, and I said no because I thought it was a rip-off...they're a business and should have free bags for their merchandise! Even if I would never miss the money, giving a vacation to someone whose life is a constant vacation from responsibility, AND who makes a good enough income from doing nothing to constantly wear Brooks Brothers, is something I would never consider. I'd give it to another friend who was struggling to pay the bills and never got a vacation out of their state. 

Great post.  100 likes from me.

Just curious; what is the Willis Tower?  I don't get out much.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Great post.  100 likes from me.

Just curious; what is the Willis Tower?  I don't get out much.

It's soooooo cool!!! It's this place in Chicago where you can see the city from above...over 100 stories in the air...and you can stand on a deck with glass up at the top too, and feel like you're floating. It was one of my favorite things we did in Chicago!

• Love 4
23 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

What the heck is with the thing on her head? I love the look on her little face.

I cannot stand that thing.  She looks like an infant cancer patient, or an exotic creature who tells fortunes with her crystal ball.  Her ears will be pierced any day now.

22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did Phil and Darlene also pay their airfare and hotel? 

Better question: Do Babe and Jingle ever give instead of receive?  

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

It's soooooo cool!!! It's this place in Chicago where you can see the city from above...over 100 stories in the air...and you can stand on a deck with glass up at the top too, and feel like you're floating. It was one of my favorite things we did in Chicago!

I grew up in Seattle, and remember going up maybe 60? stories in an office building downtown as a teenager.  And of course, the Space Needle from the '62 World's Fair.

There have been much taller buildings constructed, since then.  My daughter has been to Chicago for a work conference a couple of years ago.  I'll have to ask her if she went to the Willis.  She did go to a Cubs game.

I agree with you; $2 for a bag?  Uh-uh.  I wouldn't, either.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy and Jinger seem to get cut a ton of slack for doing the same stuff their siblings get trashed for. From what I can tell, Jeremy is barely at his church. They travel constantly and live off TLC money just like the rest of the clan does. I don't expect them to turn down a friend's gift, but it's still grating nonetheless. 

I don't think you're wrong, but I would suggest giving it time.

People showed a lot of good will toward Josh and Anna before the scandal. Even I was warming to them a bit, and thought that they were finally getting to be a couple in their own right in DC.

People had a lot of good will toward Jill and Derick when they first got married. It's been four years now of Derick not working, and grifting, and posting hostile messages on SM, and, of course, Jill being a know-it-all slovenly cling-bot.

People also had a lot of good will toward Jessa and Ben when they first married -- even though, I believe, they had been posting a TON of hostile anti-Catholic bs on SM. People still give Jessa a lot of credit for appearing to be a caring mom -- think if how low that bar is!

People did, and still do, show a lot of good will toward Joe and Kendra.

I don't think people like Joy and Austin much and I will say that haven't gotten a lot of positive comments.

I don't think there's a lot of love for Josiah and Lauren, either, as a couple.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Used to be called the Sears towet.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Used to be called the Sears towet.

OK, I have heard of the Sears tower.

Interesting to read that Jinjer would proselytize on an airplane.  I haven't taken that many plane trips, but ew!  I would hate to sit next to someone like that!

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Exactly!!! If they were spending all of their own money from the show, I would maybe side eye it a little, because that money won't last forever and they don't have jobs. I would be saving as much as I could for a rainy day in their shoes. However, it is totally ridiculous for people to give them these frequent vacations!!! Where do us normal people sign up to meet these "generous friends?" I would give Jana a vacation before these two, or even Joy and Austin! Do they get vacations given to them because of their slick image? Does Jeremy know millionaires? Even millionaires would be well advised to spend their money elsewhere, though. No way does Jeremy need a vacation in the slightest!

They really have no shame.  I can't imagine how it looks to their humble parishioners at Jeremy's church.  He obviously has no interest in these people, as he's a grade A climber.  He yearns to be with high society, and my pride would not allow me to constantly have my hand out accepting gifts.  When is it Jeremy's turn to give?  Does he know it's better to give than receive?  Does he even read his bible?

• Love 20
21 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

They really have no shame.  I can't imagine how it looks to their humble parishioners at Jeremy's church.  He obviously has no interest in these people, as he's a grade A climber.  He yearns to be with high society, and my pride would not allow me to constantly have my hand out accepting gifts.  When is it Jeremy's turn to give?  Does he know it's better to give than receive?  Does he even read his bible?

THIS. There is nothing wrong with wanting to live a nice life, but nothing Jeremy does suggests he has any intention of working for it. I would have definitely pegged him to go to law school instead of Derick after he had a taste of the money. There would have been absolutely nothing wrong with that, but a pastor just seems to be a big career mismatch on multiple levels if you want to be high society. It sends out a hypocritical message, and frankly, doesn't pay enough to be a high roller, unless you become a big televangelist...which makes it even more hypocritical!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 15
54 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think you're wrong, but I would suggest giving it time.

People showed a lot of good will toward Josh and Anna before the scandal. Even I was warming to them a bit, and thought that they were finally getting to be a couple in their own right in DC.

People had a lot of good will toward Jill and Derick when they first got married. It's been four years now of Derick not working, and grifting, and posting hostile messages on SM, and, of course, Jill being a know-it-all slovenly cling-bot.

People also had a lot of good will toward Jessa and Ben when they first married -- even though, I believe, they had been posting a TON of hostile anti-Catholic bs on SM. People still give Jessa a lot of credit for appearing to be a caring mom -- think if how low that bar is!

People did, and still do, show a lot of good will toward Joe and Kendra.

I don't think people like Joy and Austin much and I will say that haven't gotten a lot of positive comments.

I don't think there's a lot of love for Josiah and Lauren, either, as a couple.

It seems like there wasn't all this love for Jeremy and Jinger when they were horny / awkward and purring "baaaaaaabe" every thirty seconds in their courtship, and Jinger couldn't do anything but text him 24/7. They weren't really all that cool when he lived in a crappy apartment working at a less-than-impressive church, and people snarled on them. 

It seems they took a page from Chelsea houska's (TM2) playbook. When she lost weight, got better clothes, dyed her hair a flattering color and got extensions, bought a pretty house, met a hot husband, had two gorgeous weddings, quit her job, and started popping out babieeeezzsz, all of a sudden she was #goals and nobody is allowed to say a critical word about her anymore! You can say, "her hair looks bad in this picture," and people will whine and cry that you are ruining their day and being the most horrible person ever. Jinger and Jeremy were smart enough to do the same thing! They had a classy wedding and honeymoon, upgraded their wardrobes, got Jinger some highlights, bought a picturesque house, had Felicity, and suddenly now they are #goals and modern deep thinkers. They have done an excellent job of rebranding themselves!

• Love 17

They're also still in in Chitown (actually the 'burbs... I looked up the coffee shop). I guess Phil and Darlene watched Lissy while they went on their date.

eta: It sure doesn't look like Jeremy will be home in time for services tomorrow. I get FB alerts from GCC, so I can report back for sure during church time. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, Lunera said:

A #besthubbyever post from Jinger *eyeroll*. Why is he all dressed up?

He sure does love himself.

C'mon now, we all know that's the second great commandment. "Thou shalt love thyself" ...............

Or...wait... Was that "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself..." ?

Never mind. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
On 9/28/2018 at 5:31 PM, ginger90 said:

Didn't mean to post ^^^

I remember an old old episode where some of  the older Bates & Duggar girls visited the Willis Tower on a trip to Chicago.  Probably visiting Headquarters & they were each others accountability partners. Think it was first time they got to travel alone. IIRC, one of them had to be coaxed out on the platform.  I'm thinking it was Erin or Jinger. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Didn't mean to post ^^^

I remember an old old episode where some of  the older Bates & Duggar girls visited the Willis Tower on a trip to Chicago.  Probably visiting Headquarters & they were each others accountability partners. Think it was first time they got to travel alone. IIRC, one of them had to be coaxed out on the platform.  I'm thinking it was Erin or Jinger. 

I believe it was a music conference. Jinger went out on it, and then off pretty quickly.

4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

OK, I have heard of the Sears tower.

Interesting to read that Jinjer would proselytize on an airplane.  I haven't taken that many plane trips, but ew!  I would hate to sit next to someone like that!

If stuck with her on the plane and she tried to proselytize, if I were in a decent mood, I would say ok, you have 15 minutes and I will listen to everything you have to say BUT the next 15 I get to talk to you about ANYTHING I want.  Deal?  If Dickweed tried to do the same I doubt I would entertain any conversation.

• Love 13

Haha slightly O/T, he is reminding me more and more of that entitled self-proclaimed  "preacher" that I grew up with, who admonishes everyone else for their white privilege and then takes a trip to an exotic locale, paid for by his parents. You guys would despise him too if you knew him! He is trying to be famous by being a very leftist preacher, and tells everyone else how horrible they are and how they're going to hell, but then does nothing to help the people he claims to be so concerned about. I can't stand people on either extreme of the political spectrum who insist they're right about everything and have God on their side, and also are massive hypocrits. Some of you may have even seen him before, as he has made a few TV appearances, but has nothing close to his own show. It just amazes me that there are so many blowhard sanctimonious twits out there on both sides of the aisle trying to be famous preachers. I mean...why would anyone think that life path was a good idea, and how can so many people be blind to their total hypocrisy?

• Love 8

If Jeremy wants to hit the big-time I wonder if he'll shift his style from suppository preaching to lifestyle guru with a touch of Jesus, similar to Rick Warren or Joel Osteen. 

I looked up his church's FB page and the clips of his sermons were putting me into a coma. He recites a bunch of verses, waves his hands and strings words together but it's all white noise. Nothing really resonates with the audience (or I should say, at least it didn't with me). 

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I don't think Jeremy has any intention of just being a pastor of a single congregation.  His idol, John F MacArthur is pastor of a megachurch in LA and draws a salary of $250,000.  He also publishes books, does TV sermonizing and runs the seminary Jeremy is attending and I am sure is paid handsomely for those things, too.  The guy is a millionaire and I think Jeremy intends to be that sort of pastor.  He's not in it to only save souls; I think saving souls will be secondary to getting recognition and wealth just as it seemingly has been for his mentor.

This is spot on, and exactly what Jeremy aspires to do. Thankfully, he lacks that natural ability to speak and manipulate. I think these megachurch televangelists are rotten people, but they got to where they are because they just have that 'special something' that causes people to blindly follow them. That kind of skill just can't be taught, and I also think that they work their butts off non-stop. Jeremy has proven that he is unwilling to put in anything close to a full-time work week, let alone an time-consuming career.

The only thing that Jeremy has going for him is his infamous in-laws, and I really don't see that fact alone allowing him to continue his fancy watch lifestyle into retirement.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It seems like there wasn't all this love for Jeremy and Jinger when they were horny / awkward and purring "baaaaaaabe" every thirty seconds in their courtship, and Jinger couldn't do anything but text him 24/7. They weren't really all that cool when he lived in a crappy apartment working at a less-than-impressive church, and people snarled on them. 

It seems they took a page from Chelsea houska's (TM2) playbook. When she lost weight, got better clothes, dyed her hair a flattering color and got extensions, bought a pretty house, met a hot husband, had two gorgeous weddings, quit her job, and started popping out babieeeezzsz, all of a sudden she was #goals and nobody is allowed to say a critical word about her anymore! You can say, "her hair looks bad in this picture," and people will whine and cry that you are ruining their day and being the most horrible person ever. Jinger and Jeremy were smart enough to do the same thing! They had a classy wedding and honeymoon, upgraded their wardrobes, got Jinger some highlights, bought a picturesque house, had Felicity, and suddenly now they are #goals and modern deep thinkers. They have done an excellent job of rebranding themselves!

This is the second time you’ve brought up this Chelsea Hoskins person. I’ve never heard of her. Who is she, one of the Duggar’s IBLP friends? 

I can’t bring myself to become enraged by the fact that Jeremy and Jinger are on vacation. They aren’t grifting for their money like Derick and Jill. If they have generous friends, good for them. Are they supposed to refuse baby gifts because people don’t like that they dress well and make money from a reality show? I mean, they aren’t asking you for money, so why does your choice to not buy a handbag have any bearing on what they do with their cash? 

I wouldn’t want to be friends with Jinger and Jeremy because I find their beliefs repugnant. However, compared to the other Duggar couples, I find them to be the least irritating. I think they really do love each other, I think Jeremy does treat Jinger well, I think they do have goals (Jeremy is going to get an actual degree from an accredited school that will help him pursue a career as a pastor and presumably support his family), and I think they’re going to be good parents to the children they will have instead of popping out an army for god and then neglecting all the soldiers. Jeremy’s a tool and Jinger’s a doormat, but they’re still better than child molester Josh and his holier-than-thou wife Anna, asshole Derick and clingy Jill, or rageaholic Austyn and vacuous Joy. I don’t think anybody here loves them or thinks they’re beyond reproach. I think they’re just the best of a really bad barrel of apples. 

• Love 23

@mynextmistake Chelsea is actually on Teen Mom 2, and it's irritating to talk on that board because you are absolutely not allowed to say anything remotely critical of her without people going into hysterics. The other girls are in and out of jail and on drugs, so she stands out as being way better, but like anybody, she has flaws too. I fear the Jinger board could possibly tip in that direction someday, and I hope not!

i don't expect them to turn down the vacation, but I just think people spending money so they can have a fun and relaxing time is nuts! I wouldn't do it. ? Takes all kinds!

• Love 6

I read on reddit that they are in chicago for a wedding, which would explain the suit. Would love to see what Jinger wore. 

The coffee seems to be in Aurora, so pretty far from the city. 

They must be close friends of them to get on a plane and drag an infant to a wedding! I hope they do feature it on the show. Chicago is a great place and there is so much to do. We get a really bad reputation thanks to our taxes, fraud and violent crime, and people are fleeing in droves, but it really is a unique and special place.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I read on reddit that they are in chicago for a wedding, which would explain the suit. Would love to see what Jinger wore. 

They must be close friends of them to get on a plane and drag an infant to a wedding! I hope they do feature it on the show. Chicago is a great place and there is so much to do. We get a really bad reputation thanks to our taxes, fraud and violent crime, and people are fleeing in droves, but it really is a unique and special place.

That would make sense...maybe the people who gave them the tickets knew the people getting married too, and gave them the tickets since they would already be in town. I want to see what Jinger wore too!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If stuck with her on the plane and she tried to proselytize, if I were in a decent mood, I would say ok, you have 15 minutes and I will listen to everything you have to say BUT the next 15 I get to talk to you about ANYTHING I want.  Deal?  If Dickweed tried to do the same I doubt I would entertain any conversation.

You're much kinder than I would be. I have zero tolerance for proselytizing.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I too would love to see my home in an episode. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

If Jeremy wants to hit the big-time I wonder if he'll shift his style from suppository preaching

Does that mean he shoves his beliefs up your...? Or that he's talking out of his...? Oh, never mind. Headed for the Prayer Closet.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Bayarea4 said:

Does that mean he shoves his beliefs up your...? Or that he's talking out of his...? Oh, never mind. Headed for the Prayer Closet.

Lulz! It's a little inside joke. A recent mention about Jeremy noted he was an "expository preacher". I commented how I read it as "suppository" and it sort of stuck. It kind of fits, no?

• Love 18
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

How can they save souls when they're mostly preaching to the choir?

I'd much rather them preach to the choir than bothering the rest of us with their caustic brand of Christianity.

I think Jeremy truly loves Jinger and her life is more mainstream than any of her siblings. I enjoy seeing pictures of Jeremy with Felicity and all the other happy baby pictures. Nor do I resent how they spend their money or the fact that they're extremely conscious of their social media brand. 

On the flip side, I think Jeremy probably shares the same beliefs as Derick, he's just smart enough not to post it. I think he was attracted to Jinger because she was young, pretty, and passive and he figured he could mold her into his version of a perfect pastor's wife. I think he's very impressed with himself and all those oh-so-perfect shots of him at coffee shops and other places make me think he's as much of a fake as the rest of the Duggar & Bates clans. 

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Do they have a back-up preacher? Or are services just cancelled if Jeremy isn't there? 

Back when I used to check on them it seemed that there would have to be quite a few back-up and auxiliary folks preaching and running the events they have on days other than Sundays. .... 

That was when they had a website. Which dripped with paeans to Jeremy (written by Jeremy, I'm about 100 percent sure). And with nary a whisper about ANY of these other people.

I've never seen a house-of-worship website like that in my life.........And I'd bet I wasn't the only person who thought it was appalling not to mention or thank or refer to ANYBODY else involved with the church -- What about the guy who cleans up and mows the grass, for example? Cause we know Jer ain't doing that.

Anyway, after getting off to a big self-congratulatory start with a website with paeans to his own glory on several pages -- and to the glory of his parents, by far the most godly people he's ever known, I believe he called them --  and not one word or photo referencing another human being, including any of the congregants,  he took the site down completely......Better to just use Facebook instead of giving any acknowledgment that there are other people in this world.......

That was when I really crossed the Rubicon with Jer. I could be completely wrong about what was happening, of course, but it seemed pretty transparent -- and awful -- to me then. And still does now.

As with so much the other Duggarlings and Dugg adjacents do, I wouldn't say I find it malicious or anything (something I WOULD say about Jim Bob and MeeeChelle, in fact). Just incredibly self-absorbed and clueless.....But he's old enough -- and loudly Christian enough -- to know better, seems to me.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Between all the travel and coffee posts and study posts, I'm beginning to think that Jeremy is the understudy pastor, because it seems like he only preaches once a month.

You should have seen his website! ... He was SO not the understudy pastor. He was the MAN. lol

• Love 10