Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

And she's proud of it.  You'd also never catch her claiming to like anything just because her husband liked it.  Quite the contrary.

It is marginally better than Jinger’s lying. Does anyone believe she reads much?

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

It is marginally better than Jinger’s lying. Does anyone believe she reads much?

Of course, in the mind of a Duggar, "reading much" is a compared-to-what situation.

I do believe that she reads a little now.

She's probably picked up a few "Christian wife's devotional" type books that she reads for a few minures during done some of her morning and evening devotionals --

And compared to the reading that went on and goes on in her family -- just pretend reading of the KJV, of which they don't understand a word -- a few devotional-book snippets every week probably feels like a whole lot of reading to her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I would be shocked shitless if any of these people read for fun. I don't even mean the hoity toity theological books Jeremy peddles occasionally. I mean anything beyond the Bible. I've always been the type of person who read anything I could get my hands on, even if it was just a cereal box. I doubt they'd even read that idly in the morning. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 21
16 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I have a feeling the members of McArthur’s church look down on the hick Duggars, especially after the Josh revelations. I’m sure they welcome Jinger’s followers nonetheless.

Oh I have no doubt the McArthurs look down on the Arkansas Duggers.

But when have they gotten so much free publicity.  I never knew they existed until Jeremy went to California!

I'd love to read statistics on their church population then and now!

If they tithe 10% ten new members could be paying Jeremy's rent, shoes and burgers.

100 new members and the church's cup runner over!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 2/12/2022 at 6:48 PM, ginger90 said:

448D373A-616E-4050-94AE-B0EA3EAD67F7.jpeg

This is from a  video where he spoke of a charity:

https://knottoday.org/the-issue/

My hand is twitching to grab a pair of scissors.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:41 AM, Churchhoney said:

I think that's why they can keep on a suck-up like Jer and not necessarily expect him to contribute much else other than those social-media numbers.

Ugh, but he's so BAD at social media.  And while I understand that Daddy Mac's got some free and easy publicity with Jeremy and his Instagram, I can't figure out what pictures of gourmet cheeseburgers, fly kicks, endless rounds of golf, Jinger's latest Jeremy-curated outfit and the back of Felicity's head has to do with gathering new church members.  The ratio of supporting Jeremy in the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed versus the few if any people who might give Johnny's church website a click has to be very lopsided, I would think?  I don't know.  Jeremy just bugs me to no end.

23 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

It's actually a house of cards that could fold at any time.

If we all take a deep breath and blow, can we topple it right now, do you think?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 12

Jeremy, IMO, only sucks at IG, if you think he's trying to accomplish something more than showing his boujie life. I don't think he is. To me his IG looks like a curated version of your average Joe, with a touch of boujie. My FB feed crosses many generations and lifestyles and I'm sure if I scrolled through it daily, I'd find posts that resemble all the Duggars' posts. Other than the occasional shill, their posts all seem unremarkably normal to me. Well except for a couple, few, many, parenting and food fails from Jill and Jessa.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Ugh, but he's so BAD at social media.  And while I understand that Daddy Mac's got some free and easy publicity with Jeremy and his Instagram, I can't figure out what pictures of gourmet cheeseburgers, fly kicks, endless rounds of golf, Jinger's latest Jeremy-curated outfit and the back of Felicity's head has to do with gathering new church members. 

To be more specific, the pictures of cheeseburgers and whatever help convince Twitter/Instagram that this is not primarily a promotional account, which in turn helps convince Twitter/Instagram not to hide posts about MacArthur from Jeremy's Twitter/Instagram, which in turn helps convince Twitter/Instagram that other posts about MacArthur (or with associated hashtags) are legitimate and should not be hidden. And those other posts are what might bring in new church members.

Without the posts of cheeseburgers/shoes, Twitter/Instagram would mark this as a purely promotional account, and start autohiding MacArthur's name.

This is one reason (of many) why Jeremy's Twitter/Instagram comes across as so incredibly fake. It is fake. He's not writing about his real interests (including the cheeseburgers). He's curating the posts to manipulate Twitter/Instagram. Thus the very careful ratio of religious MacArthur posts to hamburger posts, and thus the constantly getting different sorts of hamburger posts, interlaced with unconvincing sports posts.  I don't think that anyone is expecting Jeremy's social media accounts to convince more than one or two people to join the church. They are expecting Jeremy's social media accounts to help keep Twitter/Instagram from blocking their hashtags. And in this - very limited - sense, Jeremy's social media accounts have been successful.

• Useful 14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/13/2022 at 5:23 PM, Zella said:

I would be shocked shitless if any of these people read for fun. I don't even mean the hoity toity theological books Jeremy peddles occasionally. I mean anything beyond the Bible. I've always been the type of person who read anything I could get my hands on, even if it was just a cereal box. I doubt they'd even read that idly in the morning. 

Oh, I'm sure they don't read for fun, any of them. Reading fiction engages the imagination and we know they don't believe in that. Reading non fiction might require actual thought, rather than just rote memorization, so that's out.

I was the same way, @Zella. And when I was managing tech editors, one of my interview questions was whether the candidate read cereal boxes. The answer wasn't a deal-breaker, by any means, just a way to get an idea of their relationship to the written word.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Jeremy isn't a bad-looking dude but his personality and ego make him hideous and punchable, IMO.  Whenever I see his face, I think of someone who walks around thinking he is all that and the world should respond accordingly.

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

He looks so "pinched" in his younger photos.   He's aging fast.

Could not have happened to a more deserving asshat. I know it will crush him when all his hair falls out (he’s already losing his hairline)

I truly hate this guy… 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
43 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Could not have happened to a more deserving asshat. I know it will crush him when all his hair falls out (he’s already losing his hairline)

I truly hate this guy… 

I hate people who think they are entitled. So, yeah, he's up there.

• Love 15

I still don't see Jer and Jin as smug. I see them as a couple who both likely live most days feeling insecure with imposter syndrome. Jeremy knows he's a former semi-pro soccer player with a business degree and a couple years experience preaching, yet he has a pretty good gig before completing his theology degree. Jinger knows she's a sheltered kid who grow up with TV cameras in her face, striving to live in a city with a Walmart, yet now lives in LA.

I imagine they live with a fair amount of stress wondering when they'll be found out and will have to relocate to a small town that doesn't even have a Starbucks. A Starbucks they no longer can afford.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I still don't see Jer and Jin as smug. I see them as a couple who both likely live most days feeling insecure with imposter syndrome. Jeremy knows he's a former semi-pro soccer player with a business degree and a couple years experience preaching, yet he has a pretty good gig before completing his theology degree. Jinger knows she's a sheltered kid who grow up with TV cameras in her face, striving to live in a city with a Walmart, yet now lives in LA.

I imagine they live with a fair amount of stress wondering when they'll be found out and will have to relocate to a small town that doesn't even have a Starbucks. A Starbucks they no longer can afford.

I think Jeremy is completely smug. I don't see him being humble and aware enough to realize he's a poser and a twit. 

Jinger, I'm not so sure about. I too was raised in a Christian home and church that did everything it could to destroy my sense of self-esteem, and I still struggle to feel I have worth (and I'm in my mid-30s). We've seen before that Jeremy puts Jinger down, and we have sensed that he views her and their children as mere props. All added up, she could have imposter syndrome. Or she could be buying into the hype that Jeremy has built up and she's become as smug as he is (which is what happened to my sister-in-law after marrying a man with many qualities similar to Jeremy). 

• Useful 5
  • Love 14
36 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I think Jeremy is completely smug. I don't see him being humble and aware enough to realize he's a poser and a twit. 

Jinger, I'm not so sure about. I too was raised in a Christian home and church that did everything it could to destroy my sense of self-esteem, and I still struggle to feel I have worth (and I'm in my mid-30s). We've seen before that Jeremy puts Jinger down, and we have sensed that he views her and their children as mere props. All added up, she could have imposter syndrome. Or she could be buying into the hype that Jeremy has built up and she's become as smug as he is (which is what happened to my sister-in-law after marrying a man with many qualities similar to Jeremy). 

I think most would agree with you about Jeremy.

I don't recall him every putting Jinger down. I recall him finishing her sentences for her, or suggesting answers for her, but not putting her down. I see him as a lot like Jill Dillard. She can't let anyone finish a sentence either. Both Jinger and Derick need an extra second or two to spit out their thoughts and neither Jeremy or Jill can be patient enough to let them. Chronic interrupters - maybe a little ADHD.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I am going to try to one up Jer. He takes pictures of cheeseburgers that others cook. I’m going to post one I cooked. Note I also grill the onion that the burger is sitting on 😂

E1E75FC6-6858-424D-BE46-11074C6AE1EA.thumb.jpeg.a3d7affad08af4c2d27842b4880e5053.jpeg

Yum! 

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think most would agree with you about Jeremy.

I don't recall him every putting Jinger down. I recall him finishing her sentences for her, or suggesting answers for her, but not putting her down. I see him as a lot like Jill Dillard. She can't let anyone finish a sentence either. Both Jinger and Derick need an extra second or two to spit out their thoughts and neither Jeremy or Jill can be patient enough to let them. Chronic interrupters - maybe a little ADHD.

When I mentioned him putting Jinger down, I was referring to a video they did a year or two ago. It was some silly little game like Would You Rather, and no matter what she said, he "corrected" her. There was one question that was just so inane, like do you prefer chocolate or vanilla, and he scolded her for her answer. If that was freely made public for us to see, I can't imagine how often that happens behind closed doors. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

What I do know is that Jinger has looked incredibly smug and punchable in almost every single posted pic in the last couple years. She didn’t look smug in photos prior to her marriage. Not sure what to make of this other than to believe she feels smug. 

• Love 7

I think Jinger is the perfect xtian helpmeet, standing 2 steps behind Jeremy and parroting whatever he says. Given her background, being subservient to her headship is an automatic response. Probably what really makes her happy is she's not food insecure, she gets to wear modern clothes, and she's gone from being daily criticized and judged by numerous people, to only one man who is probably not home all the time.

As soon as Jeremy opens his mouth, his smugness and air of superiority shoots out.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think Jinger is the perfect xtian helpmeet, standing 2 steps behind Jeremy and parroting whatever he says. Given her background, being subservient to her headship is an automatic response. Probably what really makes her happy is she's not food insecure, she gets to wear modern clothes, and she's gone from being daily criticized and judged by numerous people, to only one man who is probably not home all the time.

As soon as Jeremy opens his mouth, his smugness and air of superiority shoots out.

Jerko is full of hot air ! No wisdom at all in that head of his.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I believe this is an accurate assessment of Jinger.  I think she is satisfied with Jeremy and her life and yes, she looks smug about it.  Whether she will ever mature enough to start to think for herself or question her way of life is a big question.  I think not, unless, it all goes to shit and shakes her out of her complacency. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

The Duggars haven’t been food insecure for many years now. Certainly not since Jinger was under 10.

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jinger always made faces. There’s a bunch of pictures out there of her doing it. To me, that’s just her,  Jill does it also.  Jeremy……I think the meter runs toward smug.

Her faces used to be goofy, not smug. Now she’s just smug all the time. In her defense, so are Jana and others and I have no idea why.

• Love 4

The biggest change that I see in Jinger's photos is that she appears to avoid crinkling her nose. When she laughs or full out smiles, her nose naturally crinkles. I tend to think she doesn't like her look with a crinkled nose. I also think, like many women her age, she appears to have found what works for her, make-up and hair wise and it shows.

• Love 2

I find Jingle to be as much of an ass as her headship. I just want to punch them both… and I am probably the most non-violent person there is. They are both fuckin’ SMUG, and it ain’t going away anytime soon. I believe they think this magical grifted life they are living will go on forever and ever because, well, they are oh-so-godly and deserve it all. I want to be there when it all comes tumbling down.

Rant over. For now.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 2/13/2022 at 5:54 PM, Zella said:

She gave us diaper mountain. I don't think she has an intellectual high ground. 

Is is wrong that I prefer Jessa's diaper mountain to Jinger's "Jeremy likes books so I like books."? The former was disgusting but the latter was so offensive to me that I still mentally sneer whenever I see a picture of Jinger. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I find Jingle to be as much of an ass as her headship. I just want to punch them both… and I am probably the most non-violent person there is. They are both fuckin’ SMUG, and it ain’t going away anytime soon. I believe they think this magical grifted life they are living will go on forever and ever because, well, they are oh-so-godly and deserve it all. I want to be there when it all comes tumbling down.

Rant over. For now.

Ha! I feel exactly the same way, and am also non violent. I’ve never even slapped anyone in over 50 years. But these 2 have fucking punchable faces.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Is is wrong that I prefer Jessa's diaper mountain to Jinger's "Jeremy likes books so I like books."? The former was disgusting but the latter was so offensive to me that I still mentally sneer whenever I see a picture of Jinger. 

I physically gag every time I think of diaper mountain. Whenever I envision the probable smell of Jessa's house, I get a migraine. Jinger is a fucking idiot, but I don't gag envisioning the smell of her home. 

3 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

When I mentioned him putting Jinger down, I was referring to a video they did a year or two ago. It was some silly little game like Would You Rather, and no matter what she said, he "corrected" her. There was one question that was just so inane, like do you prefer chocolate or vanilla, and he scolded her for her answer. If that was freely made public for us to see, I can't imagine how often that happens behind closed doors. 

Yes I've never forgotten how he treated her during that. It made me really uncomfortable. 

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Also agree with this. At least Jessa is somewhat authentic (although gross!) . I feel the same about Jill. She posts pictures of herself, of food, of her home, etc that are messy and far from perfect, and I appreciate that so much. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Also agree with this. At least Jessa is somewhat authentic (although gross!) . I feel the same about Jill. She posts pictures of herself, of food, of her home, etc that are messy and far from perfect, and I appreciate that so much. 

I'm not actually a neat freak. I have a healthy amount of clutter in my home. But I think having literal piles of shit in your home that you collect and not recognizing that that is weird and gross takes you out of the realm of relatablely messy and into the world of irredeemably disgusting. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
17 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Okay good. This thread is hot for reasons other than Jinger being knocked up.

I doubt J&J will have more than 3-4 kids. The grift is not as good with a litter of kids.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I physically gag every time I think of diaper mountain. Whenever I envision the probable smell of Jessa's house, I get a migraine. Jinger is a fucking idiot, but I don't gag envisioning the smell of her home. 

Jeremy would NEVER allow diaper mountain. I am sure their house is very clean, organized and smells good. 

• Love 10