Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, vb68 said:

I really do think Tiffany has a target on her now.  Frank, who is the leader as much as anybody on the 8 Pack side, has turned against her.   People at least tend to listen to what he has to say.

ETA:  BTW this is just me and my age showing, but everytime I type "Tiffany", I get an 80s flashback.

11 hours ago, Maverick said:

I think you're alone now.

Solo dolo.

• Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, urusai said:

Corey just asked, "Why is it called Sea Salt?"

Really, he did ask earnestly.  LOL

I don't want to defend him because he irritates me, but here goes.  When my boys hit the early 20s I was surprised at some of the things they didn't know.  They are brilliant, sophisticated with impeccable grammar (!) and we exposed them to every cultural advantage within reach.  They were raised in a liberal home with a large gay presence (friends).  We did our job well.  But neither knew how to read a road map (before cells)!  They both took wrong turns that landed them in the wrong state in the opposite direction.

I digressed, back to the topic. 

My favorites will change by the hour but right now Frank stands out as someone on the ball.  The obvious pinheads along with James and Tiff are on the bottom.   James was able to coast last season being the mascot but this is a different game.  He cannot read a room. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
(edited)

Given the convo between Paul/Victor and Bronte, could she have said what she said about James to pacify the gigantic asses in her alliances? She seems to be placating them throughout that talk.

Frank is a Trump supporter. That is all.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 3
(edited)

My sense of direction is out of whack also but WHY it's called SEA salt?  I can't.  

Given the convo between Paul/Victor and Bronte, could she have said what she said about James to pacify the gigantic asses in her alliances? She seems to be placating them throughout that talk.

She laughed after she said it though.  I think she meant it because in a later conversation she started to say it again but caught herself and changed it up.

Edited by urusai
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

Nah. You don't say you're going to "send [James] back to Hong Kong" just to placate the dumb boys you're in an alliance with. That kind of shit is ingrained in you.

• Love 9
(edited)

Jozea is up in the HOH watching people still in bed and some still sleeping/trying to sleep.    He's  just sitting there.  Pretty creepy. 

Edited by vb68
(edited)
10 minutes ago, urusai said:

My sense of direction is out of whack also but WHY it's called SEA salt?  I can't.  

She laughed after she said it though.  I think she meant it because in a later conversation she started to say it again but caught herself and changed it up.

She also called James a pendejo (Spanish for idiot or dumbass) on her own accord. It may not be as bad as her racist remark toward him, but she has no warm feelings toward James at all. Bronte has said some pretty awful things the last couple of days, which is just showing her true colours. She doesn't have to participate in that kind of talk, at all. She doesn't have to throw in her own remarks, but she chooses to. Again, it's only WEEK ONE and she's already exposing herself as not a nice person. No matter who she hangs out with, she has said so many problematic things that I think that she isn't just going along with the boys. Look at Natalie, for instance. At the moment, she hasn't said anything racist or anything that would be considered a problem. She may be in an alliance with these guys, but she chooses to either not say anything too bad, or she chooses to speak up and defend. Bronte has chosen to go the other route. That makes her as bad as the guys, for sure. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 8

I was watching some of the Never Have I drinking game last night, and it was literally the 8-Pack plus Paulie. And the Revolution (ew) kids were all outside in the backyard. The 8 are always together in some way or another. How HOW HOWWW do they not realize what is happening? Other than Natalie, who seems to have it figured out. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

Other than Natalie, who seems to have it figured out. 

This is what I really love about Natalie. She had them pegged the first night the feeds turned on, if not before. She tried telling Bronte and Bridgette about it and either it didn't sink in, or the girls are choosing to live in denial about it. Natalie's smart in that she's kept her mouth mostly shut about what she knows. She's a lot smarter than people peg her for. It's really a shame she's with the wrong group. I kind of really want to see what she'll do in power. I want her lasting to final 3, but what I want usually doesn't happen. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

This is what I really love about Natalie. She had them pegged the first night the feeds turned on, if not before. She tried telling Bronte and Bridgette about it and either it didn't sink in, or the girls are choosing to live in denial about it. Natalie's smart in that she's kept her mouth mostly shut about what she knows. She's a lot smarter than people peg her for. It's really a shame she's with the wrong group. I kind of really want to see what she'll do in power. I want her lasting to final 3, but what I want usually doesn't happen. 

It sort of seems like she and Tiffany are getting closer, which I'm all for because I like both of them. And I think Tiffany needs someone on the other side in case her alliance kicks her out. I want Tiffany, Natalie, and Paulie to form an alliance on the in the middle of the house, with Natalie on one-side, Tiff on the other, and Paulie in the middle not attached to either alliance.

• Love 3
(edited)

I want Tiffany, Natalie, and Paulie to form an alliance on the in the middle of the house, with Natalie on one-side, Tiff on the other, and Paulie in the middle not attached to either alliance.

Paulie will have to get over his extreme Natalie dislike first.  Maybe it's possible.  I think I heard him mention that possibility last night when he and Tiff were whispering and laying out their long term options, but I'm skeptical. Paulie is way too trusting of Frank, and Frank is gonna gut him. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

Frank is a Trump supporter. That is all.

Oh she did NOTHING to pacify!  She lit a fire under them.  I posted the conversation in a post a little earlier, scroll up.  She brought the subject up and had to know they would flip out and they did.  She did a good job at calming them but the why she told them is a mystery. 

ETA. I wish I didn't hear that James supports Trump.  I bet more of them do.  I can can guess who.  Damn.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I saw this on Twitter:

"Bronte to Natalie- James, Frank, Michelle, Tiffany, Corey...even if they flip, they would only have 5 votes #BB18"

I love a blindside, especially when it happens to someone like Jozea, but I think Day and Z are making a poor decision by not telling the others. They're going to get the brunt of the anger I think.

Tiffany, Michelle, and James need to lay low and stay out of it when the shit hits the fan.

• Love 2

I don't know why anyone in there would talk politics.  You're playing a game where having people actively dislike you seriously weakens your position.  And not much is going to divide you quicker than politics.

• Love 14

Does anyone have insight into why the lockdown?   

All this sexist talk from Paul is getting me down.  When I hear these things I start thinking this is the way all men feel about women.  "I used to think Bridget was sweet but she's too much of a tom boy.  Zak is sweet.  Bronte is too feisty. "  And feminist is the dirtiest word in the dictionary.   All of it has to do with how much control they can wield over females who are apparently supposed to talk for them but can't even get that right.  I'm not mad.  Just sad that this goes on STILL!

• Love 14
(edited)

Sea salt seems rather intuitive for a functional adult--maybe he's always thought it was C-salt? 

I love anecdotes about post-technology kids with things like hard copy maps (because that afternoon we all spent in the third grade turned out to be critical, and who knew?  North goes at the top!

In 20 years, probably every thriller will feature a character who needs to read a crucial document, but it's written in cursive.  God forbid the plot hinges on writing a check.

Edited by candall
Deleted my post scolding Bronte for fat-shaming her friend, because it was Michelle all along.
  • Love 21
(edited)

Bronte and Natalie think everything is going down tonight because tomorrow night is the Olympics Opening Ceremony.  Lol

Bronte just said she'd rather be out on the street than be trapped inside with the other side.  I'd prefer that too, Bronte! 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 7
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

Does anyone have insight into why the lockdown?   

They are building the 2 challenge sets for tomorrow night.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Bronte seems to think the whole "I'm going to kick his ass back to Hong Kong or wherever he's from" insult is really clever, because she keeps saying it.  It's really just lame.  She's the worst.

I did enjoy Paul/Vic/Jozea talk mad shit about James and everything they were going to say to him, specifically about his pranks (which they do have a legitimate point about, they have enough of an ant problem as it is without him leaving food in people's beds).  James comes up to them, passive-aggressive BS ensues, he clearly doesn't care, and then they just get quiet and then talk about chess.  Boy, you really let James have it, guys!  Way to tell him what's what!

• Love 9

I thought Bronte's personality was apparent before the show even started.  Tell me that remark about "FOUR spoonfuls of mayo?" wasn't meant to fat-shame her friend.  And then the girl had an unfortunate little dab of Hellman's on the corner of her mouth.  I hope she went directly home and reorganized her list of Facebook friends.

Wasn't that Michelle?

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, candall said:

In 20 years, probably every thriller will feature someone who needs to read a crucial document, but it's written in cursive.

Years ago my then-high school senior son and I were sitting in a talk at a college open house, and I wrote him a note in cursive.  He stared at it without responding, and then the lightbulb went off.  I asked him, "You can't read that, can you?" and he shook his head No.

Anyway, I watch BBAD but not the feeds.  I have liked Corey up until now - what's he been doing to piss y'all off?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

Anyway, I watch BBAD but not the feeds.  I have liked Corey up until now - what's he been doing to piss y'all off?

He laughed while telling a story about him and his frat brothers getting drunk, buying a goat, pouring lighter fluid on it, and attempting to set it on fire.

Also he's borderline homophobic, dumb as a box of hair, has flop political opinions, and is dull as dishwater, 

• Love 12

Also he's borderline homophobic, dumb as a box of hair, has flop political opinions, and is dull as dishwater, 

It seems like half the time I turn the feeds on, he's talking baseball again.  He was just a little while ago with James.  And this isn't his fault, but he also has the most monotone voice.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, wings707 said:

They are? Where did you hear that? 

ETA: I assume the HOH is going to be individual right? If it's a team comp which would mean that Team Freakizoid's would only have 2 members of their team playing. Since Nicole can't play, everyone else would have 4 competing.  

Edited by SiobhanJW
24 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Wasn't that Michelle?

Darn it!  I've confused my dislike of Michelle and my dislike of Bronte.  Hmm, my reaction to Bronte feels too strong to just be about that silly little hairbow and her overly effusive gesticulating. . .

19 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

He laughed while telling a story about him and his frat brothers getting drunk, buying a goat, pouring lighter fluid on it, and attempting to set it on fire.

NO!!!!

Forget Bronte and Michelle, I will now literally hate-watch Corey.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

They are? Where did you hear that? 

ETA: I assume the HOH is going to be individual right? If it's a team comp which would mean that Team Freakizoid's would only have 2 members of their team playing. Since Nicole can't play, everyone else would have 4 competing.  

I didn't hear it from anyone.  This happens on Wednesday every week.  I think it will go as it did last week with the teams each doing a comp to determine which team wins and gets to choose HOH between them.  I could be wrong. They are talking about this but they are often wrong!  

From twitter-

11:30 AM BBT: Paul and James are having a friendly talk upstairs. Paul begins telling James that some people can take a joke while others can’t, that he’s been trying to get Victor to lighten up but he just won’t. James tells him that if Victor wanted to be a robot, he could have just stayed home. Paul tells James that he doesn’t want to be grouped together with the people he surrounds himself with because he likes hanging with them personally. James tells Paul that if the pranks were bothering Victor so bad, he should have come told him about it and he would have stopped. Paul tells him that he personally loves pranks and that if he does end up having a problem with them, he’d bring it to James.

Paul sucking up again, still, always. 

• Love 1

I know the group of HGs is bad when the girl who literally has months worth of fat shaming posts at reddit isn't even in my bottom 5 "gtfo now" list.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

She also called James a pendejo (Spanish for idiot or dumbass) on her own accord.

That doesn't seem like a problem to me. James is a dumbass!

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I kind of really want to see what she'll [Natalie] do in power. 

Me too. I am now rooting for her to win HOH. Mostly because she's literally the only person I actually care about staying. But also I think she'd be the most interesting since I think her true feelings are more up in the air than anyone else's.

3 hours ago, Ceeg said:

It sort of seems like she and Tiffany are getting closer, which I'm all for because I like both of them.

I wish they would seriously align but the people Natalie is currently aligned with hate Tiffany and Tiffany's closest allies hate Natalie so I don't see it happening.

2 hours ago, vb68 said:

Paulie is way too trusting of Frank, and Frank is gonna gut him. 

Here's hoping! I will never like Frank but I would really enjoy watching him fuck over Paulie just for the hilarity.

1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

I assume the HOH is going to be individual right? If it's a team comp which would mean that Team Freakizoid's would only have 2 members of their team playing. Since Nicole can't play, everyone else would have 4 competing.  

Who knows. The HGs seem to be under the impression that if it is team based then Nicole will get to compete with Team Freakazoids she just won't be allowed to be chosen as the HOH.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I don't think there is anything wrong with Paulie praising his sister and calling her beautiful. He is one of her biggest supporters, I don't think that is a bad thing. My family is similar and other families I know are. ::shrugs::

• Love 6

What twitter feeds have the best info for this show?  BBFeedster, hampsterwatch etc.  

Natalie is the only one I can see rooting for, as well.  She doesn't know a lot about the game though. The basic questions she asks make me wonder how far she can go. 

4 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with Paulie praising his sister and calling her beautiful. He is one of her biggest supporters, I don't think that is a bad thing. My family is similar and other families I know are. ::shrugs::

I am sure you don't french kiss your father ;)

• Love 1

Ant Update: Natalie found some in a bottle of their seasoning.

Meanwhile, Paul is regaling Day with some kind of long-winded story about Armenia and the Armenian Church, and Day has said maybe...three words. Those words are: "mmhmm" "ohhhh" and "yeeeah".

• Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Ant Update: Natalie found some in a bottle of their seasoning.

The 17th HG has been really aggressive in their moves this season. Sadly, I don't think they're in danger of being evicted. The other HGs all complain but they don't seem to be a target. I think they'll definitely float to the end.

ETA: Listening to Paul blather on and on for the past half hour, I'm almost wishing for some of Corey's baseball stories. Zzz... BB, wake some asses up. This is super dull.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Natalie is the only one I can see rooting for, as well.  She doesn't know a lot about the game though. The basic questions she asks make me wonder how far she can go. 

She does have somewhat of a good read on the house dynamics though. She's a lot smarter then she gets credit for in there. But lol at her and Bronte (I think) not drinking last night because they thought the HOH comp would be today.

1 hour ago, Ceeg said:

Meanwhile, Paul is regaling Day with some kind of long-winded story about Armenia and the Armenian Church, and Day has said maybe...three words. Those words are: "mmhmm" "ohhhh" and "yeeeah".

That's how Day is in so many convos. I can't believe anyone trusts her tbh.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

Bronte seems to think the whole "I'm going to kick his ass back to Hong Kong or wherever he's from" insult is really clever, because she keeps saying it.  It's really just lame.  She's the worst.

Bronte- "wherever he's from"?  

That would be South Carolina, dear.  

You may have noticed the accent.

Then again, maybe not.

:P

• Love 11
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

Quoting self-

From what I could gather on the feeds they might be filming the first challenge tomorrow morning and the final one will be live.  It makes sense to show an edited piece in the interest of time.  You cannot talk about production! interrupted what might have been more detail. 

Day spends most of her time staring into space either alone or when someone is speaking to her directly. Her social game is disintegrating, having been barely there in the first place. 

I agree that Nat is sharp on picking up on the social details. 

2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Bronte- "wherever he's from"?  

That would be South Carolina, dear.  

You may have noticed the accent.

Then again, maybe not.

:P

It is glaringly incongruous to see a redneck Asian with a southern accent.  

(edited)
20 minutes ago, wings707 said:

From what I could gather on the feeds they might be filming the first challenge tomorrow morning and the final one will be live.  It makes sense to show an edited piece in the interest of time.  You cannot talk about production! interrupted what might have been more detail. 

That would be weird. Maybe they were just talking about doing a run through of it, which I believe they do every week. Although I doubt any of these idiots would know that! Come to think of it, who was talking about this? Because unless it was a vet odds are they have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

ETA: Michelle is bawling because she is the 'fattest girl in the house.' I mean listen I feel for her but it's kinda hard to really care when she participated in a reddit called fatpeoplehate. I mean it's obvious now its because of her deep insecurities, but it's still gross.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Michelle is crying because she thinks she's getting fat. Frank is actually kind of sweet comforting her. She really really wants out of the pixels.

And she was the one bitching about her mom putting mayo on her burger or sandwich. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That would be weird. Maybe they were just talking about doing a run through of it, which I believe they do every week. Although I doubt any of these idiots would know that! Come to think of it, who was talking about this? Because unless it was a vet odds are they have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

I really am not sure.  I was cooking at the time I heard it.  Frank was part of the conversation but I don't know if they were just musing about that possibility or they had a clue. It makes no sense to give them time to confer between challenges now that I think about it. 

(edited)
58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: Michelle is bawling because she is the 'fattest girl in the house.' I mean listen I feel for her but it's kinda hard to really care when she participated in a reddit called fatpeoplehate. I mean it's obvious now its because of her deep insecurities, but it's still gross.

I'm so fucking petty. I cannot wait until they post the end of season weight gain totals (the only reason I hope Michelle doesn't leave pre jury). Maybe she should think about calling other people fat as she shovels in handfuls of pure carbs in the form of Chex straight from the box. Fingers crossed for an eating contest a la froyo challenge. 

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

It is glaringly incongruous to see a redneck Asian with a southern accent.  

Yet they've lived together for two weeks and by now, it shouldn't be any sort of shock. It's not like she just turned on the tv last night. In addition to that, if she bothered to watch BB17, nothing about James (Pranks or accent) should be new to her. James is James, and Bronte is behaving like a racist. Point blank and the period. This is what Kass, Grodner et al get for casting recruits and not bothering to do the most basic of searches to determine their problematic tendencies (Corey and his homophobic tweets, Fat Michelle and her fat shaming) or even some simple stress testing which probably would have revealed some of the other cast mates' (Victor, Paul, Corey) proclivities towards making threats of violence. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The fattest girl in the house who thinks she weighs around 115 pounds. Granted, I don't know her height but still. Where's that Fitbit thing they did two seasons ago when you need it?

I have no sympathy for her. In fact I laughed when I saw what was up with her. But then I'm an evil, skinny bitch who eats mayo without guilt.

ETA: What was the point of the extended fish? They're still wearing their pixels.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

I'm so fucking petty. I cannot wait until they post the end of season weight gain totals (the only reason I hope Michelle doesn't leave pre jury). Maybe she should think about calling other people fat as she shovels in handfuls of pure carbs in the form of Chex straight from the box. Fingers crossed for an eating contest a la froyo challenge. 

I now have an image of Michelle as Violet Beauregard from Willy Wonka.  Oopma Loompa Doopity Do, baby. 

• Love 3