Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Spoiler and Speculation Topic

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I'm calling it now.  The final scene will be Rebecca dying and we see her spirit young again and reuniting with Jack.  Sorry, Miguel, you were a place holder.

I'm dreading that, it's so corny. I hope not, Miguel is a person, her husband, they married, she loved him, they slept together, they had a marriage if not the infatuation/love Jack had. If they do that, I'll want to scream, it's not Titanic. I wouldn't mind, seeing him and maybe her other triplet, Kyle,  her recognizing him or seeing him age (whatever) and Jack at the end. I don't know any religion that believes in marriage in heaven and if they wanted that ending, I wish they never had her remarry. Rant ended. 😄

I know they got a curve ball with Sophie and Alex finding Virgin River while asking for more time to do other things when Kevin was in Vietnam. They had so many clues he'd end up with her and Madison was a fill in. Alex said she definitely was supposed to be back and has filmed some in "old" makeup but is very hush on how much. One interview she'll say she can do it, they overlap little in each show, another she'll say she can't do a lot. I feel they want to keep it hush to keep the interest in that area. It's not like they would have her in all the episodes, they tend to have each one center on a person or two.

I did lose some interest while on break, that's natural but the quality of the scripts will either bring it back or I'll watch because it's the last season but not with the love before. I'm hoping for a great ending. There will be a lot of filler, I think there will be more past scenes (Jack is filming) there will be the Kate relationship and breakup and the twins will be older and Kate's kids. I hope it ends with an unexpected bang. 🤞

Edited by debraran
  • Love 2

I’ve been reading here about the speculation regarding Kevin and Sophie.  When that ended, didn’t Sophie make it clear that she wanted to end it?  Wasn’t she clear that it was over?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve been reading here about the speculation regarding Kevin and Sophie.  When that ended, didn’t Sophie make it clear that she wanted to end it?  Wasn’t she clear that it was over?  

No it ended with her looking at ring she never put on and watching many past episodes with her mom etc I see what they originally wanted. Kevin was to earn the ring for her with maturity etc.  The cemetery pleading to her moms spirit.  Time will tell.  They were nice to let her out of strict contract but didn’t expect a starring role ;).  She has been very hush.  One interview will  say “ no time”. Another will say they overlap filming just a little and she’s filmed in old makeup. 

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Last season, Sophie calls Kevin right before he is set to marry Madison.  It is revealed that Sophie is no longer wearing her engagement ring from her fiancé Grant (I think).  It was an odd phone call and read at least to me as Sophie passive-aggressively letting Kevin know she is currently available without actually telling him that.  They did not seem to be in a place where regular conversations happen, and if all she wanted to do was congratulate Kevin on becoming a father she could have done that in a text or email or send a card.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Kevin and Sophie have been pretty much a part of each other's family forever. Since elementary school they have been together through college and after. I think it's normal in that type of relationship to call to congratulate him. They showed that they still have a loving, close relationship when he was there for her mom's funeral.  The viewers saw that she wasn't wearing the ring, but she never told Kevin that she was available. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, JKL845 said:

Kevin and Sophie have been pretty much a part of each other's family forever. Since elementary school they have been together through college and after. I think it's normal in that type of relationship to call to congratulate him. They showed that they still have a loving, close relationship when he was there for her mom's funeral.  The viewers saw that she wasn't wearing the ring, but she never told Kevin that she was available. 

I will be disappointed if they took "Princess Bride" with anyone but her. It would seem odd especially with so many other references. It was a Princess Bride Party for Kevin back then that was really for her since she loved it. She told his parents he loved Sophie then which was not "Kevin like" really. It was always their thing. Even the time capsule had her in it and her Mom was like his second mom when Rebecca was tied up with Kate and Randall.

Claire her mom said "

You are going to have huge success,” she continued. “It’s going to take you lots of places. I love you, kiddo, but I can’t give you that ring. Not yet, your marriage is too new and you’re too young. Ya gotta earn it.” 

So, Kevin noticed that Sophie is not wearing the ring, even in the present-day. He went to Claire’s grave and told her how much he messed up with Sophie. He pleads for another chance with Sophie, and as the episode closes, we see that Sophie still has the ring in her jewelry box.

I had forgotten the "I love you" but TIU has it on their site now. It's halfway through the clip. Like her or not, don't use that theme with anyone but Kevin and her.

https://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/video/kevins-three-sentences/3459238

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

I don’t know what happens with Kate and Toby’s marriage, but I wonder if she’s marrying her co-worker for a green card/deportation situation with him…

But that would mean that Philip Mean Jerk doesn't fall for her Pearson charm. Impossible.

• LOL 9

So next week is called 4 Fathers. Not overthinking it much, do you think it's Randall, Toby, Kevin and Malik or maybe Randall, Toby, Kevin and Nicky finds out Sally had a child and never heard from Nicky again so raised it herself.

I only thought of that because he slept with her before he left which was a big deal and left soon after.

Just a thought.

Edited by debraran
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, debraran said:

So next week is called 4 Fathers. Not overthinking it much, do you think it's Randall, Toby, Kevin and Malik or maybe Randall, Toby, Kevin and Nicky

How dare you forget the greatest father of all times Jack? 😄

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, himela said:

How dare you forget the greatest father of all times Jack? 😄

They just did it before with the dads and Kevin seeing his ghost...no more please. ; )

I am hoping for some fresher dads. lol

3 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

So it looks like it will be Jack, Kevin, and Randall. I guess Father #4 is Toby. 

Also, did anyone see that Rebecca and Miguel split up? 

Split up? I doubt that.  What did you see 

16 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Miguel and Rebecca split

Okay, this article makes more sense than the other one I read. But we still haven’t seen Miguel in the future. 

I don't think a split. I'm wondering if she forgets she's married to Miguel at some point due to her illness.  It happens with people who have Alzheimers. 

I'm hoping Kevin does end with Madison just by there's been too much back and forth over the years with Sophie . I'm hoping Kevin and Madison marry within the next few months.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Miguel and Rebecca split

Okay, this article makes more sense than the other one I read. But we still haven’t seen Miguel in the future. 

Reading the article, I'm pretty sure the "split" they're referring to is the reason why Rebecca and Miguel lose touch some time after Jack's death and don't reconnect until Tess's birth 10 years later. Remember that flashback that was either last season or the previous one, where Miguel is always around after Jack's death, helping Rebecca fix appliances, bringing expensive wine to dinner, etc. Randall notices and makes some snarky comments about it. Maybe Miguel professes his love for Rebecca around that time and she isn't ready to move on, hence the "split."

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

The "split" hyped in the headline is the ten years after Jack's death, when Miguel moved to Houston, very likely to escape his attraction to Rebecca. The Rebecca/Miguel episode is coming up, and S06.E04 is being talked up as a heartbreaker. If that's the R/M episode, I doubt we're expected to be gutted by that long-ago split after Jack's death -- even though both of them must surely regret the lost time, especially now. But I wonder if, at the episode's end, we'll flash-forward to Miguel's death, sudden or not -- if Rebecca survives both her husbands. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Pallas said:

The "split" hyped in the headline is the ten years after Jack's death, when Miguel moved to Houston, very likely to escape his attraction to Rebecca. The Rebecca/Miguel episode is coming up, and S06.E04 is being talked up as a heartbreaker. If that's the R/M episode, I doubt we're expected to be gutted by that long-ago split after Jack's death -- even though both of them must surely regret the lost time, especially now. But I wonder if, at the episode's end, we'll flash-forward to Miguel's death, sudden or not -- if Rebecca survives both her husbands. 

That is what I expect:  the episode that finally showcases Miguel ends with his death.  *sob*
 It’s also very plausible, as it is very common for the caregiver suddenly to die first.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Crs97 said:

That is what I expect:  the episode that finally showcases Miguel ends with his death.  *sob*
 It’s also very plausible, as it is very common for the caregiver suddenly to die first.

But we will likely spend much of this season figuring out if Miguel dies in the present timeline or sometime in the future, whether it be before Kate's second marriage or after. That is, if we aren't told what year immediately.

Next week, 25th, is  Don’t Let Me Keep You – Season 6, Episode 4   Then, Heart and Soul, and

“Our Little Island Girl: Part Two”March 1, 2022

I guess Island Girl is just Beth's progression part 2, the other two will be a mystery until then.

Kevin had said that bout Sophie, his heart etc and she was his right arm, but I doubt Heart and Soul is about anyone but Jack. (or maybe Nicky)

I

I'm wondering about the woman in last night's episode Four Fathers.  

I'm thinking that Jack Dameon made it big. Bought a big fancy place, flashy gf and then got a set back, sold everything/moved to a more modest place and then met and married the woman from the diner. 

9 hours ago, greekmom said:

I'm wondering about the woman in last night's episode Four Fathers.  

That was Jack's wife Lucy, played again by Auden Thornton. (Note: as of 2012, that house with the amazing view and pool was owned by a member of Earth, Wind and Fire.) 

• Love 1

Since this is a spoiler thread, I guess it's OK to mention that the DVR synopsis for episode 5, Heart and Soul, includes "Malik and Deja share controversial news at dinner."  What can this be?  I wish it were that they break up (just my two cents), but of course that's not something you'd announce at dinner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, One Imaginary Girl said:

Since this is a spoiler thread, I guess it's OK to mention that the DVR synopsis for episode 5, Heart and Soul, includes "Malik and Deja share controversial news at dinner."  What can this be?  I wish it were that they break up (just my two cents), but of course that's not something you'd announce at dinner.

As long as she isn't pregnant or one of them is moving with the other or something implausible. : )

• Love 3

Does this schedule mean a break after March or just not listing titles?

The current schedule for Season 6 This Is Us is as follows:

Episode 1 "The Challenger" - January 4

Episode 2 "Yellow Brick Road" - January 11

Episode 3 "Four Fathers" - January 18

Episode 4 "Don't Let Me Keep You" - January 25

Episode 5 "Heart and Soul" - February 22

Episode 6 "Our Little Island Girl: Part Two" - March 1

5 hours ago, One Imaginary Girl said:

I don't think it's that since she told Randall that not being allowed to visit Malik in Boston would be a problem. If they broke up, then not being able to see each other would not be a problem. I think the show is going to double down on how "in love" they are and the "controversial news" is that they're engaged and Deja wants to move to Boston to be with him.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I don't think it's that since she told Randall that not being allowed to visit Malik in Boston would be a problem. If they broke up, then not being able to see each other would not be a problem. I think the show is going to double down on how "in love" they are and the "controversial news" is that they're engaged and Deja wants to move to Boston to be with him.

I was thinking an engagement announcement too.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Deja probably wants to get a hold on her position over Jennifer with Malik.  Plus she probably thinks if they're engaged, they're entitled to see each other.  (Not that I want this to be what's happening.)

And you and I know that doesn't work. Sadly I saw both in high school in late 70's, 80's, young women thinking a ring, no matter how inexpensive or even his class ring, meant something or sadly having a kid to "keep" him. Some stayed married but many didn't and their prince charming sometimes rose to occasion, sometimes cheated and felt trapped and weren't what an immature mind thinks they want. It will be interesting to see since she's still in high school what they do but we know she ends up on her feet which showing us future scenes does. I am not all aflutter about Jack and smoker, he obviously is okay, same with showing him doing something else dangerous in an old flash forward year or so ago.

I guess future scenes can be interesting but just for me, I would have rather not seen the house and Rebecca and guessing who's coming. It's like a puzzle but the show isn't supposed to be Clue. Just an opinion.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Constant Viewer said:

Juniors would be a stretch, but I have heard of proposals at the Senior Prom

Not in the world Randall and Beth live in.  Kids at Deja’s school are likely all expected to go to college.  

• Love 1

My guess is that Deja is planning on taking the GED so she can graduate a year early and go up to Boston. I'd personally love it if after everything Randall put into her, she completely rejects that kind of life Randall expects her to have and does her own thing and applies for emancipated minor status. And then we never have to see her face again!

Edited by methodwriter85

My guess is that what we have already seen at the flash forward when people are gathering to say goodbye to Rebecca will end up being misleading. I don't know what it is that we are missing but I think there will be some things revealed in the end that we hadn't predicted like Nicky's wife who was revealed last week. For instance we have seen Toby being in a hotel room miserable when he gets a call from Kevin (?) telling him that Rebecca wants him there as well and he is surprised. We assume he is miserable because he broke up with Kate, but what if the reason is something else that has not happened yet at the current timeline? Maybe Kate is dead. Another guess I have is that Deja does get pregnant and she has a kid on the day they are saying goodbye to Rebecca. I find it weird that they would show all this, her going secretly to visit her bf, then her parents finding out etc, for no reason other than show they are mad at her. I think something happens there. Also we don't see who Kevin is with. Anyway I think there will be some revelations on the finale of things we thought we had figured out but we didn't.

27 minutes ago, himela said:

My guess is that what we have already seen at the flash forward when people are gathering to say goodbye to Rebecca will end up being misleading. I don't know what it is that we are missing but I think there will be some things revealed in the end that we hadn't predicted like Nicky's wife who was revealed last week. For instance we have seen Toby being in a hotel room miserable when he gets a call from Kevin (?) telling him that Rebecca wants him there as well and he is surprised. We assume he is miserable because he broke up with Kate, but what if the reason is something else that has not happened yet at the current timeline? Maybe Kate is dead. Another guess I have is that Deja does get pregnant and she has a kid on the day they are saying goodbye to Rebecca. I find it weird that they would show all this, her going secretly to visit her bf, then her parents finding out etc, for no reason other than show they are mad at her. I think something happens there. Also we don't see who Kevin is with. Anyway I think there will be some revelations on the finale of things we thought we had figured out but we didn't.

Deja IS pregnant in the future.  My guess:  the baby is a girl and she’s going to name her Rebecca.  

• Love 2

The problem I have with the concept that Kate is dead in the flashforward is that Jack and Hailey are clearly not with Toby. If the boy identified as Kevin's son is Nicky, then Jack and Hailey are both teenagers. If Kate is dead, Toby would have custody of them and would not be arriving separately. So I think Kate is still alive.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Good Queen Jane said:

The problem I have with the concept that Kate is dead in the flashforward is that Jack and Hailey are clearly not with Toby. If the boy identified as Kevin's son is Nicky, then Jack and Hailey are both teenagers. If Kate is dead, Toby would have custody of them and would not be arriving separately. So I think Kate is still alive.

Hailey isn't a teen.  Hailey is the same age as Kevin's kids - unless the boy in the flash forward is a yet-to-be-born child.  

1 hour ago, PRgal said:

Hailey isn't a teen.  Hailey is the same age as Kevin's kids - unless the boy in the flash forward is a yet-to-be-born child.  

I know. I'm assuming the boy is Nicholas and putting his age around 13, But if Hailey is younger than a teen in the flashforward, even more reason to believe she and Baby Jack would be with Toby if Kate is dead.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Kate and Toby's kids could very well be at school when Toby gets the phonecall. Or, they could be with his parents while he is still working away from home. I think the writers left it open when they made that scene in order to decide later (this season) what they would do with Kate.

Edited by himela
3 hours ago, himela said:

Kate and Toby's kids could very well be at school when Toby gets the phonecall. Or, they could be with his parents while he is still working away from home. I think the writers left it open when they made that scene in order to decide later (this season) what they would do with Kate.

It's been a while since that episode, but I could swear there was a line about Jack being on his way with 'her'.  I'm probably confusing/conflating that with something else - does anyone else recall that?

5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's been a while since that episode, but I could swear there was a line about Jack being on his way with 'her'.  I'm probably confusing/conflating that with something else - does anyone else recall that?

Jack is on the way with at least one other person.  The writers left it open ended using "they."  That scene happened before Hailey was in the picture and possibly before the writers made Jack blind.  

• Love 1

If the flash-forward is in the year 2030, Kevin's twins as well as Hailey would be nine years old. Jack would be ten or eleven. It definitely checks out with the kids we see in the flash-forward as Kevin's son and daughter. So Hailey and Jack definitely have to have an adult with them, which is most likely Kate, but if Kate is dead, the adult could be Phillip. (I wouldn't put it past the show to have a tearjerking story about the two men co-parenting Jack and Hailey if Kate does indeed die when they're very young.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I could see Phillip having died before the future scenes at Kevin's house and showing Kate and Toby reconnecting at Rebecca's death. Leaving us with a hint of them getting back together. Though, Jack's future scene with his wife didn't suggest that. Maybe they show up together at Jack's house or his concert in the later future?