Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Spoiler and Speculation Topic

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, debraran said:

TIU wanted a different thing this season, bringing in new people that will touch the lives of the ones there already. So much to fill in though. We have to get to know so many. The woman in the army will probably touch Nicky but I feel this is filler. I hope I change my mind.

What is that army woman's name? Yes, obviously she is the Nicky connection. The blind man is Kate's and Toby's son, (in the future) and the young man will be Deja's boyfriend? 

Edited by DakotaLavender
spelling
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

What is that army woman's name? Yes, obviously she is the Nicky connection. The blind man is Kate's and Toby's son, (in the future) and the young man will be Deja's boyfriend? 

Cassie I think.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Dejana said:

Dan Fogelman on finding the adult Jack Pearson Damon, the time frame of those scenes, and when we can expect to see him again:

https://www.etonline.com/how-this-is-us-discovered-the-blind-actor-who-plays-kate-and-tobys-son-133057

So I guess he lied or ommited things when it was going to be more focused on present OR this show was not going to be the norm. I'm odd I guess, I would much rather know how Jack turned out when it was in "real" time. Knowing his diagnosis and that he eventually is on his own, maybe with some other issues, it takes the suspense away. Even with Kevin and his son. I guess you just have to enjoy the ride no matter how many twists they throw in.

• Love 3

So one of the things I've always liked about the show was that it set the "very emotional episode" of the 80's sitcom on its head.  Meaning in the eighties, they'd do an episode where a kid is feeling neglected, or having a problem.  Parents respond, they all have a bonding moment, problem never mentioned again. 

This show has (in my mind) done things where the parents have a moment of realization, and yet don't change their behavior and it doesn't fix anything.  

Kevin has issues in the pool, Jack promises to pay more attention - and doesn't.  Rebecca realizes the way she's approaching Kate and food isn't working - and does the same thing over and over.

so in terms of the promo for next week - they're setting it up for Kevin to be an ass towards Randall, like episode 1.2.  I would consider it interesting if instead, it was Randall being an ass, and then Kevin starts being one as well, so that we see some more of the favoritism start to raise its head, leading to the teen brothers being completely blind to each other's emotional needs because they're hurting so much.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

So some fans got a picture of Justin and Jennifer Morrison filming together last night. Of course this feeds into the speculation that they become close/involved. However, Jennifer also posted a selfie from set last night and she's still wearing Cassidy's wedding ring, so perhaps they aren't setting her up as a love interest for Kevin. I'm not sure which episode they are shooting, but I would guess maybe 5 or 6?

I know, in some of the recent JMO interviews, she describes her role as a 'guest star', so that does seem to imply that she's not supposed to be sticking around for very long. Now, that's not to say that they don't change their minds and have Cassidy as a recurring character, but I did find myself thinking that they got a relatively famous TV star on this show and I didn't really expect her to stick around for three full seasons. And I say this as a fan of JMo, and she seems to be a huge fan of the show. 

She does seem to steer toward the idea that she won't be Kevin's love interest, just because it doesn't sound like she'll be sticking around to next season. 

• Love 2

Took this from the episode thread in case it really belongs here

So after listening to Toby talking about wanting to get healthy so he wouldn't drop dead and seeing Kate's reaction, I decided to go back and watch the flash forward from last season. It seems like the implication was that Kate and Toby split up at some point and that's why he got the "glad you decided to come" from Randall and Toby's look etc... 

But what if instead Kate died and he became sorta estranged either because of something Rebecca said or his feelings of guilt or.... who knows. 

And, while that snippet has been dissected like the Zapruder tape, but  Toby says he talked to Jack and that they were on the way and everyone assumes that "they" means Jack and Kate, but we now know that Jack is married so "they" could mean Jack and Lucy, his wife.

Anyways, that interaction made me think about it again.

And, by the way, if that scene is like 20 years into the future, there is no way that Kevin has that child with Cass since the son looks like he is about 12  and the time line doesn't really work.

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, AriAu said:

Took this from the episode thread in case it really belongs here

So after listening to Toby talking about wanting to get healthy so he wouldn't drop dead and seeing Kate's reaction, I decided to go back and watch the flash forward from last season. It seems like the implication was that Kate and Toby split up at some point and that's why he got the "glad you decided to come" from Randall and Toby's look etc... 

But what if instead Kate died and he became sorta estranged either because of something Rebecca said or his feelings of guilt or.... who knows. 

And, while that snippet has been dissected like the Zapruder tape, but  Toby says he talked to Jack and that they were on the way and everyone assumes that "they" means Jack and Kate, but we now know that Jack is married so "they" could mean Jack and Lucy, his wife.

Anyways, that interaction made me think about it again.

And, by the way, if that scene is like 20 years into the future, there is no way that Kevin has that child with Cass since the son looks like he is about 12  and the time line doesn't really work.

I think Dan Fogelman said the scene is about 15 years into the future?  I think Tess is around 26 in the scene (or basically old enough to have been a social worker for at least a couple of years.  What Future Tess is doing probably requires a master's degree).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AriAu said:

but we now know that Jack is married so "they" could mean Jack and Lucy, his wife.

The show replaced the season-2-ender mystery "her" (the person that Tess isn't ready to see) with a season-3-ender mystery "they", that is, Jack + which one? It can't be Lucy; the scene at Kevin's house isn't 25 years or so into the future. I think it will be Kate, though there are one or two possibilities that Kevin might refer to casually as part of a "they," along with Jack. As others have said, I'd be surprised if one of the Big 3 died even younger than Jack, and if Dan Fogelman killed off the character based on his own sister. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Pallas said:

The show replaced the season-2-ender mystery "her" (the person that Tess isn't ready to see) with a season-3-ender mystery "they", that is, Jack + which one? It can't be Lucy; the scene at Kevin's house isn't 25 years or so into the future. I think it will be Kate, though there are one or two possibilities that Kevin might refer to casually as part of a "they," along with Jack. As others have said, I'd be surprised if one of the Big 3 died even younger than Jack, and if Dan Fogelman killed off the character based on his own sister. 

If Kate remains obese, and let's not forget the family history now of Jack's "widow maker" fatal heart attack, it wouldn't be hard to believe that she would die before Jack did, but I don't think that will happen.  It's likely Kate who is with young Jack on the way to Kevin's.  What intrigues me is where is Kevin's beautiful house?  All but Randall's family and Nicky currently live in California, yet when people start going to see old Rebecca, I got the impression it was driving distance from Randall, Tess and Beth.   I think I remember at least Toby wearing a substantial jacket.  So I feel like they're in Pennsylvania.  Kate and Jack could be arriving by car from an airport I suppose, but I do wonder where they all end up living.  I think it would be fitting if all or most of them ended up full-circling back to Pittsburgh.  I don't know why, I just like the symmetry of that.

• Love 2

I do like the idea of the Pearsons circling back to Pittsburgh, but I think Kevin's house must be closer to Newark (Tess's agency) and Philly (most likely location of Beth's studio and yes, even Randall's office, 15 years from now). That six-hour drive across PA isn't something you'd likely take on after work, beginning in rush hour traffic. Nor leave Beth to do alone, with only a fifty-year-old, tailless  paper donkey for company. Not after that long-ago dinner at the council president's house.

I'm thinking that perhaps, the gathering at Kevin's house may also mark the Big 3's 53rd birthday: the age Jack was when he died. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Regarding Kate's 23 year-old boyfriend whose picture she saw that was in the piano bench:  they could show us that he was abusive, but . . . I got to thinking about her experience with the guy we used to call Horse Dick, at the fat camp.  He audaciously pursued her, was pretty disrespectful.  I don't remember lots of details, but I don't think she was 'triggered' by him.  She finally reported him to the camp owners, and instead of acting on her report, they threw her out of the camp.  Anyway, if she had been abused by the guy when she was in her late teens, would she have acted differently than she did with Horse Dick?  Rebecca said something like she was too focused on seeing her kids happy that she didn't see what was happening, and Kate said neither did she.  Did he maybe react badly  when she broke it off as in possibly suicide? 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Regarding Kate's 23 year-old boyfriend whose picture she saw that was in the piano bench:  they could show us that he was abusive, but . . . I got to thinking about her experience with the guy we used to call Horse Dick, at the fat camp.  He audaciously pursued her, was pretty disrespectful.  I don't remember lots of details, but I don't think she was 'triggered' by him.  She finally reported him to the camp owners, and instead of acting on her report, they threw her out of the camp.  Anyway, if she had been abused by the guy when she was in her late teens, would she have acted differently than she did with Horse Dick?  Rebecca said something like she was too focused on seeing her kids happy that she didn't see what was happening, and Kate said neither did she.  Did he maybe react badly  when she broke it off as in possibly suicide? 

If we find out that Mark is emotionally abusive to Kate (which I think is the way the story is going to go), I can see her being attracted to a man like Horse Dick.  Horse Dick was negging her, he was trying to break down Kate's self esteem to the point where she would sleep with him.  This almost works because Kate would have internalized the idea that she is not worthy of positive male attention after her relationship with Mark.  She would believe that is the way men pickup women.  Kate also feels unworthy of love and is probably constantly questioning how Toby really feels about her especially since he is starting to get healthy.  At least that is the impression I got from the preview.  

Emotional abuse is not something that is readily apparent, so I could see where Rebecca would not have noticed anything wrong with Kate and Mark.  

So if whatever happened to Kate's tragic relationship wasn't abuse, say, an illness or a misunderstanding that results in a break-up because nobody ever just talks to anybody on a tv show, and it didn't end with Mark dead or in jail (or with a restraining order)...

Maybe that's where Kate is in the future. Maybe she and Toby split because she can't handle his newfound health kick, or he gets jealous after whatever transpires to get Kate thinking about Mark again, and she seeks him out to right whatever wrong happened in the past. Maybe the 'they' that Toby mentions in the the S3 finale is Kate and Mark together.

• Useful 1

So, with the new casting news, now that they got rid of a couple of their characters from the first half, it looks like Sophia Bush will be directly involved in Kevin's storyline. I'm not saying that she's going to be Kevin's love interest, but now with the very, very tight deadline set on his love interest needing to be introduced before the end of this season, she could be the mother of his child....or her character introduces him to the mother of his child. 

Pamela Adlon will be involved in Randall's storyline, and Fogelman says that it's limited but important. I'm going to take a guess and say maybe she's going to be his therapist? Sterling made a comment which sounds like Randall will be focusing on his mental health:

In the back half of the season, This Is Us will “delve into Randall’s mental health and how he takes care of himself, what’s right and what’s wrong about how he takes care of himself,” Sterling said during a TCA panel for the show on Saturday.

Though, with the knowledge that Kevin and Randall aren't talking by their 40th birthday, clearly whatever Randall tries to do for himself doesn't work.

We're also getting another trilogy episode, starting with Tuesday's episode. Randall is centric in the first episode. That excites me, because I actually loved the Big Trilogy back in season 2. Kevin's episode is still in my top three favourite episodes of the series. 

*Correction: the Big Three trilogy starts in the second episode back, not tonight's.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 3

Speculation on the Kevin episode next week.

Considering the show's love of zagging when we think it's going to zig, I'm thinking the woman next to Kevin may not be Sophie. Or Cassidy. Or the Hall Pass chick. Instead, they're going to throw someone new at us. Maybe an old classmate of Kevin's from high school. Maybe someone he just met, like how his dad fell for his mom.

17 hours ago, MsChicklet said:

Speculation on the Kevin episode next week.

Considering the show's love of zagging when we think it's going to zig, I'm thinking the woman next to Kevin may not be Sophie. Or Cassidy. Or the Hall Pass chick. Instead, they're going to throw someone new at us. Maybe an old classmate of Kevin's from high school. Maybe someone he just met, like how his dad fell for his mom.

Considering the number of hook-ups that happen at funerals, this is definitely a possibility.

(I do think it's Sophie though)

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Considering the number of hook-ups that happen at funerals, this is definitely a possibility.

(I do think it's Sophie though)

I feel like Kevin's changed too much to hook up with his grieving ex, though. Maybe I'm just hoping that this is just leading to them showing how much Kevin's changed by not sleeping with Sophie, because he respects her way too much to hurt her again. I don't think Kevin will sleep with a clearly vulnerable Sophie. I have to hope that this is leading to something else. Old Kevin wouldn't have hesitated on sleeping with Sophie. New Kevin has shown that he's still growing, sure, but I don't think he'd slip enough to sleep with Sophie. Going further than that, if he DID sleep with Sophie for whatever reason, I have to believe that he'd feel guilty about it and leave. 

Although, if I am right, who else would he hook up with, then? 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I feel like Kevin's changed too much to hook up with his grieving ex, though. Maybe I'm just hoping that this is just leading to them showing how much Kevin's changed by not sleeping with Sophie, because he respects her way too much to hurt her again. I don't think Kevin will sleep with a clearly vulnerable Sophie. I have to hope that this is leading to something else. Old Kevin wouldn't have hesitated on sleeping with Sophie. New Kevin has shown that he's still growing, sure, but I don't think he'd slip enough to sleep with Sophie. Going further than that, if he DID sleep with Sophie for whatever reason, I have to believe that he'd feel guilty about it and leave. 

No one or he and Sophie just cuddled.  We the viewers have been conditioned to assume every time a couple wakes up in bed together that they had sex.  We only saw a shirtless Kevin and a blonde woman in bed.  From a writing perspective,  this is a great cliffhanger to leave the audience pondering on for the next two weeks.   I would love to see them subvert the trope of couple in bed means sex the night before.  

38 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

If it happens, then I'd guess we're meant to believe that Kevin really has had that epiphany, has grown up, and is ready to re-commit wholly to his first love - his 'one for the ages'.

ETA: I think the fact that this is a series with an end date, it's not too early to start the long wrap-up for each of the characters into a settled life. Maybe they are just starting with Kevin.

Edited by gonzosgirrl

So, I figured I saw it in the promo but didn't get a good glimpse....Sophie is definitely still engaged or married, at this point:

7N03Lkc.jpg

So, it's now leaning toward Kevin NOT sleeping with Sophie, since that would be such a backpedal for Kevin.

I’m still calling Madison as Kevin’ s mystery lady.  Her character keeps popping up but never does anything. She puts up with the Pearson drama queens and kings and still hangs around. She’s not all Gaga over Kevin.  I think she’s endgame.

• Love 3
On 1/25/2020 at 11:37 PM, Diana Berry said:

I’m still calling Madison as Kevin’ s mystery lady.  Her character keeps popping up but never does anything. She puts up with the Pearson drama queens and kings and still hangs around. She’s not all Gaga over Kevin.  I think she’s endgame.

Kevin dating/marrying one of Kate's friends would be a parallel to his relationship with Sophie. It would make sense if a Kevin/Madison pairing is going to be revealed in an episode that likely starts off with a Sophie appearance.

• Love 2
On 1/25/2020 at 11:37 PM, Diana Berry said:

Called it. 

• Love 1

I'm not that vested in it, but loving GWH movie I hope Kevin goes after Sophie when he hears she hasn't married or something like that or she shows up many shows from now on his doorstep, "going to get the girl/guy" romance story. Sleeping with someone because you are bored or hurting isn't a love story and Cassidy has way too much baggage right now, both addicts, Madison has issues with food but nice person, I just don't see any real chemistry with him.

Justin who spilled too much in the past has been less talkative but Hartley also confirmed promising that Madison and Kevin will be revisited a couple episodes down the line. "It’s hilarious. It’s out of control hilarious," he said. He also said we might meet Grant so Sophie isn't out of picture  He said "Probably. Eh, maybe? Maybe. Maybe." Sounds like he rethought "probably" ; )

So at least we know they will be back but doesn't ANYONE use birth control on TV? It's 2020!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, debraran said:

I'm not that vested in it, but loving GWH movie I hope Kevin goes after Sophie when he hears she hasn't married or something like that or she shows up many shows from now on his doorstep, "going to get the girl/guy" romance story. Sleeping with someone because you are bored or hurting isn't a love story and Cassidy has way too much baggage right now, both addicts, Madison has issues with food but nice person, I just don't see any real chemistry with him.

Justin who spilled too much in the past has been less talkative but Hartley also confirmed promising that Madison and Kevin will be revisited a couple episodes down the line. "It’s hilarious. It’s out of control hilarious," he said. He also said we might meet Grant so Sophie isn't out of picture  He said "Probably. Eh, maybe? Maybe. Maybe." Sounds like he rethought "probably" ; )

So at least we know they will be back but doesn't ANYONE use birth control on TV? It's 2020!

I agree with you, and I'm also not breathlessly awaiting who Kevin impregnates. The Sophie door is open; the Madison encounter doesn't smack of the beginning of the happy family he's looking to create. I keep remembering that in the future that we see, there's no hint of any woman, yet. Randall asks Kevin's son where his father is, not where his mother and father are. Kevin could be a serial monogamist, or just find that his happy ending does not need to be partnered. It may be that Randall and Beth come closest to Jack and Rebecca. I would not hate that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShadowFacts said:

I agree with you, and I'm also not breathlessly awaiting who Kevin impregnates. The Sophie door is open; the Madison encounter doesn't smack of the beginning of the happy family he's looking to create. I keep remembering that in the future that we see, there's no hint of any woman, yet. Randall asks Kevin's son where his father is, not where his mother and father are. Kevin could be a serial monogamist, or just find that his happy ending does not need to be partnered. It may be that Randall and Beth come closest to Jack and Rebecca. I would not hate that.

I could see the show eventually pairing Kevin and Madison and exploring the concept of "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one your're with" that Jack introduced in the last episode.  Maybe this becomes a deeper love than what Kevin imagined without all of the patented Jack Pearson grand gestures.  I don't think Kevin is necessarily single in the flashforward,  I think that the writers intentionally left some things unanswered.  I read a fair amount of romance novels and one of my favorite tropes in historical romance is marriage of convenience.  Kevin and Madison could definitely go along those lines in a more modern setting.  I would like to see that if the writers could pull it off.  

I personally don't see Beth and Randall as the next Jack and Rebecca.  Mostly because there is more parity with Beth and Randall.  Beth and Randall come across as equals far more than Jack and Rebecca.  That is the biggest drawback to Jack's grand gestures.  He is the one making the decisions and Rebecca either gets swept up in the emotion or feels that she has to go along with him.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I could see the show eventually pairing Kevin and Madison and exploring the concept of "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one your're with" that Jack introduced in the last episode.  Maybe this becomes a deeper love than what Kevin imagined without all of the patented Jack Pearson grand gestures.  I don't think Kevin is necessarily single in the flashforward,  I think that the writers intentionally left some things unanswered.  I read a fair amount of romance novels and one of my favorite tropes in historical romance is marriage of convenience.  Kevin and Madison could definitely go along those lines in a more modern setting.  I would like to see that if the writers could pull it off.  

I personally don't see Beth and Randall as the next Jack and Rebecca.  Mostly because there is more parity with Beth and Randall.  Beth and Randall come across as equals far more than Jack and Rebecca.  That is the biggest drawback to Jack's grand gestures.  He is the one making the decisions and Rebecca either gets swept up in the emotion or feels that she has to go along with him.   

That would be sort of daring, to have Kevin settle. Also daring if he is unpaired, which in the flashforward is certainly not clear. I compared Beth and Randall with Rebecca/Jack in terms of compatibility, longevity, til death do us part. The two couples are very different in other ways, but I think as for what Kevin is apparently looking for, they're not a bad analog. Madison's history of poor body image would probably create insecurity for her with a hunky quasi-famous partner, maybe they could explore that but then again, the whole weight story line is Kate's. No matter who the pregnant fiance is, I think something will go awry with it because Kevin has rushed into it somewhat, and somewhat starry-eyed. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ShadowFacts said:

That would be sort of daring, to have Kevin settle. Also daring if he is unpaired, which in the flashforward is certainly not clear. I compared Beth and Randall with Rebecca/Jack in terms of compatibility, longevity, til death do us part. The two couples are very different in other ways, but I think as for what Kevin is apparently looking for, they're not a bad analog. Madison's history of poor body image would probably create insecurity for her with a hunky quasi-famous partner, maybe they could explore that but then again, the whole weight story line is Kate's. No matter who the pregnant fiance is, I think something will go awry with it because Kevin has rushed into it somewhat, and somewhat starry-eyed. 

If done right, the audience would think Kevin is settling for Madison over his "one great love" Sophie, but we would then realize throughout next season that this is the real thing.  It could mirror Rebecca and Miguel, if only the show creators would go there.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

How did Madison & Kate become friends? I always thought they'd met in school, but Madison is apparently 6-7 years younger than the Big 3?

At the weight/food addiction/body image type support group where Toby and Kate met.  Initially Kate and Madison clashed but became unlikely friends.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

At the weight/food addiction/body image type support group where Toby and Kate met.  Initially Kate and Madison clashed but became unlikely friends.

Thanks! I totally forgot about that.

• Love 1

My theory is that there’s going to be a huge disagreement over Rebecca’s treatment and/or where she should live as her condition deteriorates.  I could see Randall being overbearing and condescending about what he thinks is right for Rebecca.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he insisted she and Miguel move back to the East.  Randall took on this role as Rebecca’s protector after Jack died and I can see him being resistant to Rebecca staying in California .  I could see Kevin and Kate feeling like Randall doubts their competence to support Rebecca.   I could see Randall trying to push Miguel to do thing his way regardless of what Rebecca and Miguel decide for themselves.

I’m also hoping we get flashbacks to Rebecca and Miguel’s love story.

• Love 5

I would hope that Miguel would finally stand up to the kids.  Given how often caregivers suddenly die while caring for their loved one, I have this fear that we won’t get a good Miguel story until TOTB kill him off and that’s when the kids will finally appreciate how much he loves their mom and has been there for them.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

For me, a "what if Jack hadn't died?" episode feels unnecessary. It's not real.

I am guessing that it is to give us a deeper understanding as to how his death affected Randall in particular, and what it is he has to deal with now in order to get mentally healthy. ETA: That what-if at the end of last night's episode implies that all of Randall's issues stem from his belief he could have saved Jack.

I'm curious to see if we'll get an alternate adult Kevin and Kate.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
On 2/17/2020 at 3:50 PM, Crs97 said:

I would hope that Miguel would finally stand up to the kids.  Given how often caregivers suddenly die while caring for their loved one, I have this fear that we won’t get a good Miguel story until TOTB kill him off and that’s when the kids will finally appreciate how much he loves their mom and has been there for them.

It’s so not right how the Big 3 treat Miguel. I would never dare speak to my elders that way especially one who had cared for me since I was a tiny child!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I think that Madison's OB is Dr. K's son, who went into his dad's specialty, and the redhead is his granddaughter.

I was going to say something similar.  The OB is his grandson (his daughter was at least 25 by the time TB3 were 1), and the redhead may factor in somewhere down the line with the next generation.  But that would also mean that both families somehow ended up in California, so maybe not. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I was going to say something similar.  The OB is his grandson (his daughter was at least 25 by the time TB3 were 1), and the redhead may factor in somewhere down the line with the next generation.  But that would also mean that both families somehow ended up in California, so maybe not. 

I think so too, being TIU , it would fit. I felt, as dumb as it might sound to some, instead of a saccharin trip to his office, Jack was taking Rebecca to Kyles grave. I know times were different but you could bury a baby back then, my friend and I'm 60, had his sister.  No picture of a full term baby, no memento. Kyle was a tool to get Randall but I still feel that one scene wasn't enough. You don't replace a baby, what Dr K said was nice, but not a therapy session, you get sad, then happy, etc. She needed to mourn Kyle.

• Love 2

I’m worried the references to Madison’s poor medical history with fertility means she’s going to have a high risk pregnancy leading her to die in childbirth.   Then single dad Kevin will marry someone else.  I don’t want Madison to die.   I think the character has potential.   She has some insecurities that can be expressed in ways that can be annoying but she’s a kind person.  I think she and Kevin are alike in needing love. 

We saw in the flash forward to the birthday that Kevin has a pregnant fiancée.  So are he and Madison heading towards a marriage of convenience?  I hate that idea.  It’s so old fashion to think to people have to be married to share parenting responsibilities.  Another possibility is that Madison has crap insurance and she and Kevin will marry so he can put her on his insurance to cover her medical costs.  I know someone who married a friend with benefits they had accidentally gotten pregnant just to put her on his insurance.  They were basically roommates having a baby together and married only on paper.  Neither was in love and they were good friends.  So the arrangement worked for them.  They divorced amicably when she got engaged to another man.  Maybe that’s what will happen for Madison/Kevin.  I’m hoping for a love story to them.   I think they could be really good together.  

We know Kevin wears a wedding ring in the flash forward to Rebecca’s deathbed but they are being coy about showing his wife.  I’m rooting for a happy ending for Kevin/Madison.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Luckylyn said:

I’m worried the references to Madison’s poor medical history with fertility means she’s going to have a high risk pregnancy leading her to die in childbirth.   Then single dad Kevin will marry someone else.  I don’t want Madison to die.

I don’t think Madison will die. Her bulimia and amenorrhea (spelling?? absence of periods), caused her not to ovulate regularly, making pregnancy less likely. But so long as she treats herself for her ED, eats nutritious food she will be fine. 

• Love 2