Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

Last night's show was just nasty. Too many poop shots. Those babies are not ready for potty training. You know when a child is mentally ready, you can at least have a conversation with some understanding from the child. They caused so much trouble for themselves by doing that stunt in the backyard.  And who goes to a boutique store to buy potty chairs?  Esp when you need 5 of them? Is there not a Walmart near them?  How rude to let those babies tear up that nice store. 

• Love 9

I think the shop probably agreed to the filming and gave the potties for free.

I wondered the whole time at the bakery who they were buying all the stuff for.  The kids are near 2 and they probably won't even finish one of those cookies each and Adam and Danielle are very fit so I doubt they eat that much baked goods.  It just seemed wasteful, they should have mentioned they are going to church after that or having people over.

The kids were born early so they may not potty train as early as Blayke.  It also seems Blayke just trained pretty much instantly so it would be hard for Danielle to know how to do it when it is harder. 

My daughter never blew out a diaper ever so I have no experience with the poops they were showing.  I wonder why the stools are so loose?  Maybe the girl who does it most needs a probiotic or something to help her movements be more regular and not as diarrhoea like, maybe there is a gut health issue.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, keetmommy said:

This!!! I have 2 kids with major health issues...would love their "problems"!

I am so with both posters on Adam...he doesn't know how blessed they are.  My only child was born 9 weeks early and has C.P. and is in a wheelchair and Adam is pissing and moaning about Hazel needing glasses???  Grow up, deal with it and get down on your hands and knees and thank God every night for 5 beautiful, healthy children that can walk.  Thanks for letting me vent...

• Love 10

I think Danielle knew the girls weren't ready for potty training.  I'm sure it was a producer-driven plot line, as usual.  They must be males--women filming this show wouldn't be so enamored with pee and poop.  Whatever guys work on this show were probably laughing at all of it, like teenage boys!

When it comes time to deal with this, I think I would just work with one at a time.  Maybe after one, it would be easier with the others.  I'm no expert, mine weren't toilet trained until about three, and the daycare providers did a lot of the work.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/11/2017 at 10:08 PM, Eureka said:

Random thoughts:

Something about the way they say "no ma'am" to the girls bugs me.

Blayke seems to be a huge help, and I hope she doesn't resent how much they rely on her later.

I cannot believe he wanted to bring a puppy into the mix right now.

It frustrates me when he whines all the time about being the sole breadwinner. We know this is not true bc they are making money from the show (I know, fourth wall and all that), I have seen on Danielle's Facebook page that she sells high end makeup or something (can't remember the company name) and whatever happened to the spinning club/gym?

The girls are all adorable though.

I actually love it. I live in the Northeast and it seems so much gentler than what a lot parents around here say... ie KNOCK IT OFF!  My teenage daughter and I watch together and we actaully have started saying it to each other jokingly.  Like she went to take a piece of clothing from my room and I was like, Ah, no Ma'am!

On 7/12/2017 at 11:30 AM, Amers said:

What bothers me about these people are, if you follow their Instagram, they are always out on date night. They are always spending money, doing fun things, constantly TOGETHER. So, when their main story line is not seeing each other, not spending time together, and money word, when you can easily go look at his Instagram and see they have weekly or more date nights and are constantly out partying without their kids...its annoying. 

They live a high dollar life style, but complain on tv about money. It's like Jill Duggar begging fans for $48,000 to spend 3 months in Central America. It's a scam. 

Anyone can make their life look like a 24/7 vacation on social media. Take it with a grain of salt.

On 7/12/2017 at 5:36 PM, norasutherlin said:

According to tax records they paid $380k. It's a lot, but I don't think it's that much, especially for a family of 8. I'll be honest, as someone who lives in the area their lifestyle seems very middle class normal to me. I think that people underestimate how cheap the cost of living is in Texas, plus sponsored products (clothing!) and money from the show.

Also, they owned a home before and may have had some equity in it to use as a down payment.

On 7/12/2017 at 6:16 PM, AUgirl said:

On the show last night as they introduced the girls they stated it was Ava and Olivia who were identical. 

They have said it many many times.

11 hours ago, keetmommy said:

I find myself getting annoyed at Adam and thinking how he would deal with it if they had any major issues, I mean they were pretty early, they are lucky the girls are as "Normal" as they are..seems like one of the other quint shows 2 or more of them had CP, I understand he feels a lot of stress but it could be SO much worse then Hazel needing glasses...

I think Adam has anxiety/depression. In fact, wasn't there a teaser about it? I feel him on it, I had a postpartum depression and I was HYPER focused on anything I thought might be "wrong" with the baby. I seriously got kinda hysterial about normal baby stuff. I'm Ok with cutting him some slack. You can't always control the amount of anxiety you feel, and emotional reactions can't be "controlled."

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 13

Adam seems to have anxiety and depression. My husband was the same way right after the birth of our twins and it was essentially diagnosed as male PPD. He's fixated on the negative and he said he doesn't feel like himself. We don't know how he used to be but I don't think it's that he's not grateful for his life, I think he's just overwhelmed. Most men want to "provide" and with 6 kids, that's stressful. 

• Love 10

I think Adam has anxiety/depression.

I was also thinking that maybe he is physically and mentally exhausted (in addition to being overwhelmed).  I read a case study about a teenager who had a variety of symptoms ... the bottom line was that she was exhausted.

I agree with the poster who said we just need more toddler cuteness.  I am starting to fast-forward through the discussions and such.

Anyone used to watch SuperNanny?  I loved her and the show so much. Would LOVE to see her come into the household and whip everyone into shape.  I don't things are going to terribly, but with timeouts and potty training, you need to have a system and be consistent.  And not get a cute precious chair for the timeout chair!  Of course each child is going to want to sit in that chair.

Regarding wearing workout clothing, I think for many stay-at-home moms it is just the de facto uniform.  Easy to wear, easy to clean, and you are dressed to work out if you have a chance. I do think it gets boring to look at though.  When I was home, I wore jeans and cute tops.  ;-)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Regarding wearing workout clothing, I think for many stay-at-home moms it is just the de facto uniform.  Easy to wear, easy to clean, and you are dressed to work out if you have a chance. I do think it gets boring to look at though.  When I was home, I wore jeans and cute tops.  ;-)

When I made the initial comment about the workout clothes, I didn't mean I never wear them. When I freelanced from home I wore sweats or jeans in the house and still do on the weekends but if I was going out, I'd make sure to have jeans on and certainly if I was getting filmed, I would not be wearing my workout clothes out everywhere. I get it, she's in great shape. I do give her a pass for while she is in her own house ;). It's more at the stores, at the trampoline park, everywhere they go. I guess soon it will be all branded for their gym, so it's not going to end.

On 7/19/2017 at 11:38 AM, Adeejay said:

Adam is an ingrate.  He should be grateful that all their girls are healthy, for the most part.  Parents of terminally ill children would give their right arm to hear that the only thing their child needs is a pair of glasses!  

I get what you're saying. It's only glasses. It's not cancer.

However, Adam seems completely overwhelmed with the changes that having six babies brought into this life. I don't think it's money and working as much as it's the never-ending everything.  Their whole life is consumed with parenting.  So while it would seem that he should be relieved that Hazel doesn't need surgery, she does need glasses and, speaking as someone who wore glasses as a toddler, it brings its own set of challenges and Adam seems to be thinking, "not another thing."  That's probably why he was pushing getting the quints potty trained.  Getting them out of diapers certainly will make their lives easier.  Obviously they weren't nearly ready for that.

• Love 7

I think this is all fake drama for the show.  They're  really grasping at straws for storylines.  Him acting like a bug eyed fool over some glasses is really offensive.  If that's abig problem for him then that's pathetic.  And he's definitely got plenty of time to obsess over his, Danielle's and the shows Instagram, Facebook and YouTube accounts comments to get snarky and shit assy to anyone who he perceives as insulting them or saying anything he perceives as not agreeing with them 100%. It's really sad that he's that insecure. Then all the ass kissers jump in to tell him to ignore the haters because he is the greatest ,  uggghhhh is just pathetic.  He is a total bitch who doesn't act very " Christian like" 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Prisonnurse said:

I think this is all fake drama for the show.  They're  really grasping at straws for storylines.  Him acting like a bug eyed fool over some glasses is really offensive.  If that's abig problem for him then that's pathetic.  And he's definitely got plenty of time to obsess over his, Danielle's and the shows Instagram, Facebook and YouTube accounts comments to get snarky and shit assy to anyone who he perceives as insulting them or saying anything he perceives as not agreeing with them 100%. It's really sad that he's that insecure. Then all the ass kissers jump in to tell him to ignore the haters because he is the greatest ,  uggghhhh is just pathetic.  He is a total bitch who doesn't act very " Christian like" 

Yeah, I've never seen some one from tv so defensive about what's shown. I wonder if he didn't approve the story line. He is constantly biting back at people. He clearly needs to not read the comments. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/20/2017 at 7:36 PM, RemoteControlFreak said:

Their whole life is consumed with parenting.

Now, I only have two kids and they are two years apart in age, so I can't speak to multiples etc. But when mine were the quints' age, our whole lives were consumed with parenting too. We live far away from family so we didn't have anyone to give us a night out very often. Being with the kids was 24-7 for us. My husband and I worked opposite shifts when they were very small and hardly saw each other for three years. I had very little time to "work out" (or read, etc.) until my youngest went to preschool. And yes, everything times six I'm sure is harder than I had it....but maybe Blayke was an easy baby and they had time "off." I feel like some of Adam's issues are just magnified with having five toddlers....even with just one, he would have had to split time with Blayke and would have had less time to himself.

Edited by Eureka
My keyboard keeps freezing. Sorry!
  • Love 3

That moment when Adam learned Hazel would need glasses was just the straw that broke the camel's back.   We all have those moments when we feel ourselves cracking and it isn't necessarily the issue at hand that cracks us.   It is a series of events and the stress just builds.  I do think he feels enormous pressure to provide for everyone and be everything to the kids and Danielle all the time.  All while holding down a full time plus job.  I cannot even imagine the stress he is under and I feel badly for him.  I'm certain he understands how much worse it could be, but that doesn't ease the stressful load on his shoulders.  MMV

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Eureka said:

Now, I only have two kids and they are two years apart in age, so I can't speak to multiples etc. But when mine were the quints' age, our whole lives were consumed with parenting too. We live far away from family so we didn't have anyone to give us a night out very often. Being with the kids was 24-7 for us. My husband and I worked opposite shifts when they were very small and hardly saw each other for three years. I had very little time to "work out" (or read, etc.) until my youngest went to preschool. And yes, everything times six I'm sure is harder than I had it....but maybe Blayke was an easy baby and they had time "off." I feel like some of Adam's issues are just magnified with having five toddlers....even with just one, he would have had to split time with Blayke and would have had less time to himself.

With all due respect, there is no comparison between having two kids two years apart and a five year old and five one-year-olds, especially when the one-year-olds all came at once.

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

With all due respect, there is no comparison between having two kids two years apart and a five year old and five one-year-olds, especially when the one-year-olds all came at once.

I know that but the point I was making (or one of them anyway) is that it seems he was used to having a lot of time (with his expensive electronics, with Danielle, etc.) and even with just one more kid into that mix, I think that would have changed. I had more free time with one kid than with two. 

Edited by Eureka
  • Love 3
On 7/21/2017 at 8:34 PM, tabloidlover said:

That moment when Adam learned Hazel would need glasses was just the straw that broke the camel's back.   We all have those moments when we feel ourselves cracking and it isn't necessarily the issue at hand that cracks us.   It is a series of events and the stress just builds.  I do think he feels enormous pressure to provide for everyone and be everything to the kids and Danielle all the time.  All while holding down a full time plus job.  I cannot even imagine the stress he is under and I feel badly for him.  I'm certain he understands how much worse it could be, but that doesn't ease the stressful load on his shoulders.  MMV

Personally I think it's all fake. They have a nationally televised TV show. I think they're loaded. That's just my opinion as well. 

(Also hoping it's fake because if Adam is that annoying in real life - OMG.)

• Love 2

Adam has tweeted that he does indeed suffer from PPD and that he wants to raise awareness about it.

I accept that he's depressed but I wish men wouldn't co-opt the term from women. I think they should have a different name for it in men. They did not give birth and they did not have the hormonal shitstorm because of it.

• Love 9

Ugh, yes, I agree. I don't like that. I would never say a man couldn't suffer some depression after a big life change like that. It makes total sense, especially with him being the sole provider. But please, just say you're depressed. PPD is a very specific thing that women go through due to the HORMONAL changes that accompany giving birth. It's just not the same. 

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Adam has tweeted that he does indeed suffer from PPD and that he wants to raise awareness about it.

I accept that he's depressed but I wish men wouldn't co-opt the term from women. I think they should have a different name for it in men. They did not give birth and they did not have the hormonal shitstorm because of it.

I was just about to comment on the same thing...post-partum depression is a physiological thing in terms of the body's chemistry and depression. It's not situational, which is clearly his type of depression.

• Love 6
(edited)

Actually male PPD is hormonal too. Males experience a drop in testosterone when a baby is born. It's not the hormonal roller coaster ride a woman experiences (I have a singleton and twins so I know it) but it's not NOT a thing either. 

My husband was diagnosed with it after our twins -- it may be mostly situational but that doesn't mean it's not chemical. And dangerous -- he was suicidal and therapy and medication turned it around. 

Edited by jennyf
  • Love 7
On 7/20/2017 at 4:36 PM, RemoteControlFreak said:

However, Adam seems completely overwhelmed with the changes that having six babies brought into this life.

Just watched the show for the very first time this afternoon.  First impressions:

Adam is gay.

Aside from him being gay, their marriage is not a strong one and does not have what it takes to run the distance.

Adam is one and one-half feet out the door.  I got the distinct feeling a number of times that he wished that he could just disappear and never see his wife or those children ever again.

• Love 3
(edited)

RE: Hazel - don't they have 1 hr / 1/2 day / one day stores for toddler-style  eye glasses ? I guess all that little one has been through, I would have RAN to the 1st store that could get the frames done the quickest. If the new Dr could diagnose , Hazel was far-sighted, I would think they would have left the appt with the script for the glasses in hand.

I was surprised the whole episode, which appeared to cover a few days , she didn't have her glasses. There was one glimpse she was squinting and closing her eye very noticeably.

Edited by sATL
(edited)

I feel for Adam. And yes, he needs to (1) make sure his problem isn't medical, or caused a medical issue  (he had me concerned when he said he feels heavy in his chest) and (2) I do think he needs to talk to someone, in addition to Danielle. Deep down I think he wanted to be the parent of a couple (i.e. 2-3) kids and now he has 6 under the age of 6. Also, he and Danielle led pretty "care-free" lives and sounds like were financially comfortable before the quints.

Everyone handles life changes differently . We all know what stress and worry can do to a person - no  matter how old/young they are.

And Danielle needs to lay off the "help extended family" guilt. If the man doesn't want to help move furniture into her momma's house, during his free time, that is ok.

Was this the poem he was trying to quote :  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's "The Rainy Day."  , that has the 2nd to last line "Into each life some rain must fall" . here's the full  ( text )

When a man. esp. as one as happy-go-lucky as Adam was prior to quints,  starts quoting sad songs/poems/scriptures/stories, that is time for someone to take a little notice and concern..

#GetAdamTheHelpHeNeeds

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, jennyf said:

Actually male PPD is hormonal too. Males experience a drop in testosterone when a baby is born. It's not the hormonal roller coaster ride a woman experiences (I have a singleton and twins so I know it) but it's not NOT a thing either. 

My husband was diagnosed with it after our twins -- it may be mostly situational but that doesn't mean it's not chemical. And dangerous -- he was suicidal and therapy and medication turned it around. 

Wow. I didn't realize this. That's interesting that they experience a testosterone drop after baby, I wonder why that is. 

Watching Adam, he definitely seems very depressed to me. He has that overwhelmed look, where even the slightest new thing to do seems like a mountain to climb. Been there, done that. I hope he's getting some help in real time. 

Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad your husband is doing better. 

2 hours ago, Quilty said:

Why don't they use strollers when they go shopping? The babies wouldn't destroy the store and at least they would know where they all were.

I just didn't see the point in having one-year-olds try on swimsuits. Hell, my kids are 5, 7, and 9 and I can count on one hand the number of times I've had them try something on. I measure them, keep their sizes written down, and buy 95% of their clothing/shoes online. SO much easier. 

But I guess that doesn't make for an interesting TV show. And the little shop got some publicity out of it as well. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 2017-07-24 at 7:51 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

Yes I would think it would be standard depression after a major life change.  PPD involves hormone changes and Adam won't have those.  If having lots of kids does cause depression in some men then I agree with you they should pick a new name.

To me it is obvious Adam gets a lot of time for himself with the long hair routine and he obviously goes to the gym a lot as he is way more muscular than the first season. So that affects my sympathy for him as it seems like Danielle has to handle a lot more than him just because she can.

I am breadwinner with a disabled husband so I make all the money.  Yeah it is some pressure but this family could do without some things if they had too.  College doesn't need to be paid for by parents, kids don't need all brand new matching outfits (yes I know they are given them but when the show is over they have to buy their own).  I know quite a few people with 4 plus kids and they just manage.  The same age adds some stress and the lack of ability to reuse things but they are already past most expensive things kids handown (cribs, swings, etc).

So I like seeing the kids and the day-to-day life but don't really want to continually hear about how hard it is financially when you are upper middle class.  At least on Jon and Kate their old house was ugly.

ETA that is interesting about the testosterone.  I wonder why that happens as there are no physical changes with men having babies.

Edited by fountain
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Just watched the show for the very first time this afternoon.  First impressions:

Adam is gay.

Aside from him being gay, their marriage is not a strong one and does not have what it takes to run the distance.

I don't always feel comfortable speculating on a mans sexuality based on his mannerisms we see on TV.  Not all men who have effeminate qualities are gay and not all gay men have effeminate mannerisms.   

• Love 19
(edited)

The male testosterone drop helps them commit to their families and care for the baby (or babies, as the case may be). Very interesting. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/09/13/health/research/13testosterone.html

I think men are programmed to feel like they need to provide for the family and this can be overwhelming when the family expands. Add in sleep deprivation and a propensity for anxiety and depression and it becomes a major issue. I'm glad Adam is talking about this and hope it helps with the stigma that can be associated with depression. 

Edited by jennyf
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I don't always feel comfortable speculating on a mans sexuality based on his mannerisms we see on TV.  Not all men who have effeminate qualities are gay and not all gay men have effeminate mannerisms.

I agree. It feels very shallow to base this one a few superficial things we see in an hour of television. Adam is a bit of preener, for sure. But he seems very in love with his wife, to me. 

35 minutes ago, jennyf said:

The male testosterone drop helps them commit to their families and care for the baby (or babies, as the case may be). Very interesting. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/09/13/health/research/13testosterone.html

Wow, this is really interesting. Thanks, again, for sharing. It does make sense. 

You mentioned you guys had twins. I wonder if the effect is stronger in cases of multiples? 

• Love 2

I feel so bad for Hazel. The sisters and cousins seem to all be beauties. Poor Hazel just seems to have a slight facial deformity to me. Hard to explain it, but her nose and eyes seem oddly fused or something (yeah that explained it poorly).

i don't care what name they use - Adam need help. And I hope he didn't only go to his pastor.  Just talk to an MD and try some meds.  I don't feel like his despondent, buggy-eyed face is fake. He's intense, while Danielle is much more open and carefree.  All those messy meals would personally send me under my covers for like 10 years. She's the best personality for multiples (oh hi manic Kate G). 

Now just stop trying to force a Mimi storyline. She's annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Momma Mimi... Damn... can't that woman be happy ? Got a job, got a house finianced by daughter and SonIL .I'm sure she's got a man (I'm betting her hormones need a fix) and her liquor bottles stashed away somewhere.

If Dale was the SonIL who bought the her house , I saw that one coming. No way he was going to tolerate Mimi under foot in his house, whining for her lost teaching job of X-years, her house, and Lake Charles,  for too long.

Edited by sATL

Re: Adam -  many people have latent predispositions toward anxiety/depression (which often go together) and it isn't until a major life stressor that this gets activated.

Having time to do his hair or work out, or having enough income, may not be enough to offset the effect of the life changes he is having. Just because his child could be sicker and his wife does a lot of the work doesn't mean that he can't feel overwhelmed by what is currently on his plate.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, sATL said:

RE: Hazel - don't they have 1 hr / 1/2 day / one day stores for toddler-style  eye glasses ? I guess all that little one has been through, I would have RAN to the 1st store that could get the frames done the quickest. If the new Dr could diagnose , Hazel was far-sighted, I would think they would have left the appt with the script for the glasses in hand.\

It is common knowledge that reality shows pin together scenes that happened at different times to make them appear that they happened at the same time. It's quite possible that the producers had pre-glasses footage of Hazel that they needed to use up in episodes before they start showing her with glasses.

And no way would they stop on the way home from the doctor's appointment in Houston to get glasses.  Ordering and fitting glasses, even on a toddler, takes some time.  You don't want to do this with a tired kid at the end of a long day.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

It is common knowledge that reality shows pin together scenes that happened at different times to make them appear that they happened at the same time. It's quite possible that the producers had pre-glasses footage of Hazel that they needed to use up in episodes before they start showing her with glasses.

And no way would they stop on the way home from the doctor's appointment in Houston to get glasses.  Ordering and fitting glasses, even on a toddler, takes some time.  You don't want to do this with a tired kid at the end of a long day.

2 hours ago, Mom2twoNonna2one said:

Plus it looked dark out when they were driving home. Perhaps the good optometrists who could work with her or their insurance was closed.

I thought it was close to summer time, given they were buying swim suits. which means it doesn't get dark until 6-7-ish. and then when they were in the park, and it started to rain, Danielle wanted to talk about how Adam felt after the appointment, which implies it's the next day. Then it seemed to be another day, when they are at the daycare ( a business day) and then shopping trip to the trinket store to get a "housewarming" gift for mimi. 

Yes, fitting glasses does take a minute, but there are only so many styles for a 2 yr old and most places do the measurements it pretty quick on a toddler.

Of all Dr. appts, I would have to say eye glasses (exam and picking out frames) is one of the quickest. Not that I would suggest for Hazel, but the glasses process has improved to the point some places you can order online (just send in the measurements & Rx) and/or some doctors have an digital reading machine that speeds up getting the correct script. Days are gone when it takes a 3+ hrs, just to order frames. All I am saying is given Hazel's eye history, it should have been priority #1, to get the frames ordered - more important than swimsuit and housewarming shopping. Showing them doing other stuff for an whole episode, kinda makes one wonder - what about the baby's sight/eyes ?

Edited by sATL

The "showdown" b/w Riley and Olivia.... classic. 

Did anyone catch what did Riley say to Olivia before Riley threw the punch - with a toy in hand ?

• Love 1

It's quite possible that the producers had pre-glasses footage of Hazel that they needed to use up in episodes before they start showing her with glasses.

It's also possible that Hazel takes the glasses off.  My daughter started wearing glasses at age 2 and she took them off all the time.  Glasses take a while to get used to.  I can also imagine her sisters grabbing them off of her (I'm assuming they will be taught not to, but I bet at first it happened more than once).

• Love 2
5 hours ago, camom said:

It's also possible that Hazel takes the glasses off.  My daughter started wearing glasses at age 2 and she took them off all the time.  Glasses take a while to get used to.  I can also imagine her sisters grabbing them off of her (I'm assuming they will be taught not to, but I bet at first it happened more than once).

That's one of the issues Russ was afraid of. The other girls messing with her glasses.

Who would take their kids into a store and let them demolish the place like they did? They need to turn off the cameras and work on the behavior of the girls..they are just totally out of control. I have never seen two year olds behave so badly. The glasses for Hazel were a joke..they were so clownish that they drew your eye to the poor girl's face immediately. Instead of down playing her disability, they just magnified it horribly. At this point, they reminded me of the Gosselin sextuplets, who acted feral at times.

• Love 7

Honestly, I think the store people wanted them in there - mess or not - to get advertising for their business. That's what I always think when families go shopping on shows like this. And I think production encourages them to let the kids run wild, because that's what they think the viewing audience wants to see - how "chaotic" life is with multiples. You can't even go on a simple shopping trip! I'm not saying the kids are normally little angels. But I also am not so sure that without the show Danielle would bring all 5 and let them run wild. 

• Love 12

Yeah, all the shopping trips are for camera footage and publicity for the store. It would be boring to see Danielle shopping online for clothes. And I wonder if she gets those things for free because she filmed there. They are very well dressed.

I think the girls are so out of control at times because there are so many of them. they're just mimicking each other, and correcting them all seems almost impossible since they're usually running in all directions. I'd personally never take them out of the house (except school)! But then I have little patience. 

• Love 5

Yea, I am hesitant to judge other moms, period, but moms of multiples? As long as they're all alive at the end of the day, I give you mad props. I'd surely have jumped off a bridge by now. 

• Love 14
(edited)

The glasses for Hazel were a joke..they were so clownish that they drew your eye to the poor girl's face immediately.

What should they do, get her contacts?  Those are actually great glasses for little kids.  The frames are softer and don't break, they are more comfortable than standard glasses, and they stay on.  Babies don't really have a nose bridge, so getting glasses to stay in place is nearly impossible with standard glasses.  Personally, I think little ones in glasses are adorable!

Edited by camom
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Yeah, all the shopping trips are for camera footage and publicity for the store. It would be boring to see Danielle shopping online for clothes. And I wonder if she gets those things for free because she filmed there. They are very well dressed.

Well said.

And I think that shopping trip for a housewarming gift was overly staged.  I know buying basic outside/yard items or kitchen appliances can be perceived as an easy cop-out gift, but that would have made better sense. I'm sure Mimi would have appreciated a new lawn equipment/furniture, a grill, a Keurig or margarita machine as opposed to something "crafty-looking".

Edited by sATL

"

What should they do, get her contacts?  Those are actually great glasses for little kids.  The frames are softer and don't break, they are more comfortable than standard glasses, and they stay on.  Babies don't really have a nose bridge, so getting glasses to stay in place is nearly impossible with standard glasses.  Personally, I think little ones in glasses are adorable!"

Why yes, contacts are what is needed..it's what all two year old wear. I have seen lots of little kids wearing glasses that are frame less, and they seem to do fine, and they don't draw attention to the child's face. Doesn't matter, as her sisters won't let her wear them, and that will be that. Often little ones wear arm splints until they get used to glasses, but in this case the sisters want them for themselves to play with I guess? There seems to be no one in that house that can make them mind, so Hazel's eye sight be damned!

• Love 1

I think the novelty of the glasses will wear off for the other girls.  I know from experience that getting 2 year olds to keep glasses on is quite a challenge, but in Hazel's case it isn't just so she can see better, it's for the health of her eyes.

• Love 2

I used to work in daycare and I had a 2-year-old with glasses, he needed them to correct a lazy eye. He actually wore a patch over one eye, and the glasses were more to keep him from taking the patch off, so the other eye could grow stronger. At any rate, the other kids in my class were SUPER interested in them at first. They kept wanting to "try" them, and hold them. It drove me mad. But yea, after about a week they were used to Ian in his glasses and moved on to other things. So I hope that happens with the sisters.