Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Didn't Mean It

• Start Topic

David being the contact person for  watching Nathan visit with Kaiser was pure stupidity and completely mean. I really get bad vibes from David, just like I do with Baier. 

Does anyone know ifJenele was lying about David being found not guilty for beating up his ex and starting early labor? I though he did prison time for that offense?

• Love 14
5 hours ago, ebkitty said:

Does anyone know if Jenele was lying about David being found not guilty for beating up his ex and starting early labor? I though he did prison time for that offense?

He was found not guilty for that offense --- but he went to prison like a week later (IIRC) for drugs and theft.  He was also arrested last month for violating a domestic violence protection order.  I guess he was found not guilty of the domestic violence (most likely happens when victim does not show to court) but the judge/magistrate opted to keep the protective order in place.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

It's so very sad that poor little Kaiser has two parents who really shouldn't be left with him unsupervised. Poor baby doesn't have a chance in this world. 

And yet Jenelle's social media groupies keep telling her what a terrific mom she is, and how far she's come.

• Love 7
On 4/29/2016 at 8:13 PM, CofCinci said:

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/z4e6de/teen-mom-2-sneak-peek-nathan-and-david-exchange-texts

Sneak peek with Creep David acting as go-between Jenelle and Nathan.  Dude can barely read.

Seeing their overuse of the word "necessities" makes me just think of the Jungle Book.  Especially I don't think David has the mental capacity to do much more than eat his weight, sleep for months at a time and scratch himself.

Why is Jenelle yelling about the receipt and Walmart?  Did I miss something?  He said he had all the stuff, it was just telling her his address he objected to.  I would want to see proof of the stuff too since I think he could easily be lying about it.  But he said he would do that.  I must be missing something here, because that don't make no damn sense.

• Love 3

Nathan seems to have agreed to it, but damn....how did he agree to having creepy Uncle Dave be the go between.  He should have had it be his mom since Jenelle was already talking to her and giving her Kaiser sometimes when she "needed a break."  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, truelovekiss said:

Seeing their overuse of the word "necessities" makes me just think of the Jungle Book.  Especially I don't think David has the mental capacity to do much more than eat his weight, sleep for months at a time and scratch himself.

Why is Jenelle yelling about the receipt and Walmart?  Did I miss something?  He said he had all the stuff, it was just telling her his address he objected to.  I would want to see proof of the stuff too since I think he could easily be lying about it.  But he said he would do that.  I must be missing something here, because that don't make no damn sense.

I have to laugh at all these necessities Janelle is ranting over.  We only ever see her use 2 baby items with the Roll : 1) his highchair.   2) his crib .  You never see him in a walker , bouncy gym ,  no toys . Uncle Dave is not smarter than a fifth grader that's for sure after seeing him attempt to read a simple text.  God these people suck - i pray they don't procreate.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, shelley1005 said:

Nathan seems to have agreed to it, but damn....how did he agree to having creepy Uncle Dave be the go between.  He should have had it be his mom since Jenelle was already talking to her and giving her Kaiser sometimes when she "needed a break."  

Maybe he thought she would object to his mother, because she would be biased in Nathan's favor. (Of course, Dave is obviously going to be biased in Jenelle's favor) As crazy as it is, Jenelle has all the power here and if he's serious about custody, I think even Nathan is smart enough to realize that he has to play Jenelle's game.

41 minutes ago, DNR said:

God these people suck - i pray they don't procreate.

They will, though. Rapidly and with reckless abandon. 

• Love 8

Chelsea - The look she gave the MTV crew when she saw her mom parked in the snow drift.  Hilarious!  It was cute with her doing the wedding planning stuff with Cole.  I'm happy for her.  As for Adam talking about the judge laughing at Chelsea because his life is SO together.  Sure Adam.  Sure.  He has bettered his life, but not to the extent that Chelsea is gonna be laughed at by a family court judge.  Not showing up to a hearing also won't help your case in wanting the judge to laugh at the other parent.  

Leah- Ahhh, the infamous wheelchair!  Glad to see it is fixed.....less glad to hear Leah tell Ali that she always needs to try to walk first before using it.  So, who is the one who doesn't want her to use her chair???  It was nice to see both Corey and Leah think court went well.  That's better than the constant fighting.  

Jenelle- God she's useless.  I still don't know why Nathan allows Dave to be the go between.  I'd force it to be someone he trusts as well, especially since someone has to stay to supervise.  Also, why does Nathan have to have supervised visits?  I guess Jenelle thinks he does because he took Kaiser to Boston last time and she can't trust him.  So go to court and get a custody agreement with rules then.   

Kail- Feel so bad for Isaac.   He's such a sweet sensitive boy.    I know Javi is in a dangerous situation, but him saying..."if I get captured you know where I'm at" is such a jerk comment.  But given his situation...I'll give him a pass.  Kinda.  

• Love 11

Oh Isaac.  Alligators are a major problem in his mind I guess.  Love him!

Does Uncle Dave have vitiligo?  I'd noticed something with his neck before that I thought was maybe a trach scar but his hands looked blotchy this week too.

• Love 4
(edited)

That referee you spoke of, Chelsea? Was it maybe a mediator?????

Tylee? Um. Nope.

Hearing Jace say he got a forty on his spelling test was way too funny for me and I'm not sure why. But poor kid. 

Leah is uncomfortably dumb.  

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 8
(edited)

I so wanted Jace to say "My mom's name is Barb...."

I felt so horrible for him when he failed his spelling test. 

I was thinking that maybe they have support groups for spouses and children of servicepersons  that have been deployed. Maybe Isaac can deal with the situation better if he interacted with other children going through the same thing  but that would mean Kail would actually have to give a shit that Javi is gone.j

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Again! Is Click it or Ticket not a thing in all 50 states??? Why are half of these folks never in seat belts?? Leah is flying down the road with no seat belt.

And then she reaches back to tickle Gracie. What if Gracie thought it would be 'cute/fun' to yank on Leah's arm or something, causing Leah to lose control of the wheel?

• Love 9

I wonder how long it will take for that wheelchair to be broke again. Didn't Gracie break it last time? 

Don't Leah, Chelsea and some of the people they are with own winter coats? It's cold and snows five months out of the year where I live, most people wear costs, scarfs, etc...Leah was walking down the street after court, no coat on, she was visibly shivering. 

Jenelle is a mess. I don't trust this David she's with, he seems like a soon to be lit fuse. I'll bet he explodes in the near future. 

• Love 7

Is Adam allowing Donald Trump to comb Paislee's hair? Is Adderall combing Nathan's?

OMG shut UP Jenelle! She and David Gump sat there like two 12 year olds texting some boy they liked from 5th period. And you might want to learn how old the child is that you want custody of, Nathan.

Leah...sigh. The wheelchair. Why tell all the girls there's a surprise if the surprise is only for one kid? And WTF at telling Ali to walk as much as she can and use the wheelchair sometimes. Way to go completely against the doctors orders.

Every time I see barefoot L'il Elmyra reach out her grubby little hands to throw around that poor cat, I want to drive to WV and rescue it.

• Love 14

I don't want to read again how it is Cory who is making Ali walk. Again, Leah the fuck up is responsible. Is it ok to call her a fuck up? It is not slut-shaming. 

• Love 21

I wanna start typing this out but there is too much laughter in my head... Jenelle just said "I am not one to keep him from seeing his son" she is doing exactly what she claims Barbara does with Jace (I am not saying Barbara does it, but Jenelle percieves that she does) when she keeps coming up with reasons he can't have Kaiser... She says one thing, that issue gets settled, then she's like well now you have to have this, then you have to have this... Yet she gets so mad when she says Barbara does that to her.  I do think Nathan needs to be able to meet kaisers basic needs, but that means having food, shelter, clean water, not his own room, a fancy crib, and a high chair.  Honestly the way she is dragging this all out I would be hesitant because he is gonna grow out of all that stuff that she is sayin he "must have" pretty soon. I don't think not having a high chair is bordering on child abuse like Jenelle is implying, it's a luxury in my opinion. Lots of people can't afford some of that stuff and their kids turn out just fine. I hate to defend Nathan but I can necessarily blame home for not investing all that stuff just to use it 2-3 times because Jenelle decides to with hold him for whatever reason.

Ugh and Leah acting like the judgement for 50/50 was such a novel idea, when Corey was asking for it a long time ago, but when she was primary she wouldn't give up that day... Now it's "what's best for the girls".

i probably have so much more to say... You guys always remind me of so much more lol

• Love 14

Now Uncle Dave is to be the go-between for Nips and Jenelle issues relating to the Roll. Two Neanderthals together is not going to end well.

Plus Jenelle's got Uncle Dave raking the leaves too. She's got a houseboy in the bargain to do the grunt work.

When Leah met Cori at the drop off, no willchair was in sight, not in the back of her van or in the back of his truck. Maybe it was filmed out of sequence so maybe it should get a pass. But I still have a hard time believing Leah is going to be pushing that sucker up a ramp into her SUV on a regular basis.

• Love 9
(edited)
10 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

I don't want to read again how it is Cory who is making Ali walk. Again, Leah the fuck up is responsible. Is it ok to call her a fuck up? It is not slut-shaming. 

They have both done it on camera. It's disgusting. I don't see why her acting just as ignorantly on camera is proof that he didn't when he stated on camera that he does it regularly...they are both ignorant idiots when it comes to her disability and it's tantamount to child abuse. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Preach.   Ali got to spend 5 minutes in her chair before her Mom reminded her that she shouldn't be using it.  

• Love 9

Chelsea looked different on the after show, as in better. I also noticed she wasn't using her baby voice.  Kali drew her on some hot red lippes for the after show.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

Preach.   Ali got to spend 5 minutes in her chair before her Mom reminded her that she shouldn't be using it.  

I looked back at the earlier episode--Corey said to Miranda that he was "worried she would get too dependent on the wheelchair" and "didn't want her to use it too much." He also said "Leah's more pro wheelchair. She's accepted it more than us." He said he hoped they would encourage her to walk instead and he didn't know if Leah was on the same page. Miranda appeared to agree, unfortunately. 

It's too bad she seems to agree with him now. IMO it's abusive when it's against doctor's orders. And it seems prejudiced, like they really despise the sight of the wheelchair. I suspect that's why they didn't get it fixed. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Again! Is Click it or Ticket not a thing in all 50 states??? Why are half of these folks never in seat belts?? Leah is flying down the road with no seat belt.

She was also at the tail end of texting or looking at a text.  Does that dummy realize that if she has an accident that she won't be able to help her children because she will be 50 feet away on top of a tree?

They really tried to make something out of nothing with that routine child support meeting.  I'm not sure why Chelsea hasn't asked for an increase before except that maybe he is just now starting to make money.  And no Mary, the judge won't care that Adam wasn't there as long as the necessary documents were there.  Plus, Mary, there was no judge.  I think Chelsea takes after Mary.  The important issue will be for visitation or "custody" as Adam calls it. 

• Love 6
Just now, Lm2162 said:

I looked back at the earlier episode--Corey said to Miranda that he was "worried she would get too dependent on the wheelchair" and "didn't want her to use it too much." He also said "Leah's more pro wheelchair. She's accepted it more than us." 

It's too bad she seems to agree with him now. IMO it's abusive when it's against doctor's orders. And it seems prejudiced, like they really despise the sight of the wheelchair. I suspect that's why they didn't get it fixed. 

I haven't heard Corey say that in a long time....and Leah said it in tonight's episode.  

• Love 10
(edited)

Then why didn't he fix it when he got primary custody if he no longer feels that way? I mean, the proof is in the pudding. They could have her using one and they don't. There's no reason to absolve him when they are both parents and both have the time and money to help. 

In that episode, Leah wanted to bring over the wheelchair and he said no...in this one, she's encouraging her to walk. Again. What has to happen to Ali before they get their selfish heads out of their asses? 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8

Oh, fuck off, Adam! You do NOT have custody of Paislee and pretty sure Taylor and Chelsea could work something out between themselves so the sisters can see each other. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Could Adam look any less involved sitting way across the table from Paisley with a huge box of hot pizza in front of her, and no idea what to do?  And what was Adam doing?  You guessed it - on his phone.  

Why is Janelle using David as a go-between with Nathan?  I seriously don't get it.  And as horrid as Janelle is as a mother, Nathan isn't exactly making a case for father of the year.  Why doesn't he already have joint custody?  He has rights as a father.  It doesn't seem he's trying very hard.

Isaac is so cute.  As unpleasant as Kail is so much of the time, she's really good with the kids.  Has Isaac always called Javi "dad?"  What does he call Jo?

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 6
Just now, Lm2162 said:

Then why didn't he fix it when he got primary custody if he no longer feels that way? I mean, the proof is in the pudding. They could have her using one and they don't. There's no reason to absolve him when they are both parents and both have the time and money to help. 

I think they said at the first  doc appt that they were having it sent out to be fixed.  And then said it would be ready next week at the last appt...and ta da!  

If Corey was the one saying to Ali that she has her chair, but she shouldn't be using it...I'd be all over him, but it wasn't him who said that.  

• Love 4
Just now, shelley1005 said:

I think they said at the first  doc appt that they were having it sent out to be fixed.  And then said it would be ready next week at the last appt...and ta da!  

If Corey was the one saying to Ali that she has her chair, but she shouldn't be using it...I'd be all over him, but it wasn't him who said that.  

He has in the past, repeatedly. I have no reason to think his mind has entirely changed. There was another scene where he told Miranda that Leah let Ali be "lazy" by not trying to walk instead. I assume he hasn't read a lot of books since then or had brain cells implanted. But hey,maybe he has changed. That would be nice. Leah is just as ignorant, but that's no surprise. 

We've talked about the timeline before. Ali doesn't seem to be using a wheelchair now and seemed to be without one for weeks or months (though it's hard to tell), and it's been broken many times. She's shown walking often. She was offered a loaner wheelchair...why not use it? No excuses IMO. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lemons said:

She was also at the tail end of texting or looking at a text.  Does that dummy realize that if she has an accident that she won't be able to help her children because she will be 50 feet away on top of a tree?

They really tried to make something out of nothing with that routine child support meeting.  I'm not sure why Chelsea hasn't asked for an increase before except that maybe he is just now starting to make money.  And no Mary, the judge won't care that Adam wasn't there as long as the necessary documents were there.  Plus, Mary, there was no judge.  I think Chelsea takes after Mary.  The important issue will be for visitation or "custody" as Adam calls it. 

Leah has already had an accident when she crashed into a tree a few years back.. The girl does not learn. She may end up in a wheelchair herself while she mourns having killed her kids due to her stupidity.

11 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

I haven't heard Corey say that in a long time....and Leah said it in tonight's episode.  

Amen.

• Love 6

Taylor and Chelsea do work out together. They have both posted videos of them together working out. So much for that Adam. They can get the girls together on their own. Did anyone notice Adam had a different house. He says on his Instagram that he sold the original house we all saw and used the mo ney to buy the manufactured home. 

Momma Dawn was so disappointed that she couldn't be in court with Leah to yell "Monkey" for her. 

All three girls were excited for the wheelchair because all 3 use it. You know those other to play with it. I'm sure that's why it broke. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

In the last After Show Leah said the wheelchair is at school since that is when she uses it the most.  

As Gracie would say, "that don't make no sense." 

Corey should be very grateful for MTV editing this season if the one comment means he never does that anymore. I have no reason to believe they've switched positions and he's suddenly an enlightened being regarding disability and listening to the doctor's orders after refuting and disobeying them for a long time. Regardless, there was no reason for her not to have a wheelchair for so long or not to have at least a manual one at home. 

I do like Corey's dad, though. Maybe he has helped him come around. 

• Love 4

I think given how emphatic Corey was that Ali go to her treatments and how upset he was that Leah wasn't getting her there consistently shows that he isn't disregarding her doctor's orders.  That isn't someone who thinks what the doctor orders isn't necessary.  

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

In the last After Show Leah said the wheelchair is at school since that is when she uses it the most.  

More like the chair remains at school because Leah's hoarder jalopy is packed with shit, which makes it impossible for her to put the wheelchair in it at least three school days a week. Not to mention she is lazy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
Just now, GreatKazu said:

More like the chair remains at school because Leah's hoarder jalopy is packed with shit, which makes it impossible for her to put the wheelchair in it at least three school days a week. Not to mention she is lazy.

That could very well be.  It could also be that they decided to do that so she could have the chair for school and that it might have been an issue with how long it would take to load and deload everyday.  I know how much of a log jam it can be when you are bringing kids to school....and so that might have been the decision they made.  Don't know.  Blatant speculation.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, shelley1005 said:

That could very well be.  It could also be that they decided to do that so she could have the chair for school and that it might have been an issue with how long it would take to load and deload everyday.  I know how much of a log jam it can be when you are bringing kids to school....and so that might have been the decision they made.  Don't know.  Blatant speculation.  

Yes, probably so. With Leah always running late, this is likely the best way to ensure that chair is at school. Leah would pull out her hair if she had to handle that task.

Didn't Leah have something installed in her vehicle to help lift the wheelchair in and out of the car?

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

I think given how emphatic Corey was that Ali go to her treatments and how upset he was that Leah wasn't getting her there consistently shows that he isn't disregarding her doctor's orders.  That isn't someone who thinks what the doctor orders isn't necessary.  

Leah also acted upset about the wheelchair, but we saw how that turned out. 

I get that Corey is a saint to some. There is some evidence that he understands Ali's disability and wants to do what's right and some evidence that he doesn't. He can be a good person and still ignorant, and the facts remain that he repeatedly stated explicitly over a long period of time that he was not following doctor's orders and did not believe them, and that Ali's wheelchair situation is and was highly dubious (they could easily and cheaply get a portable ramp to take the wheelchair to and from school). It would take only an extra three minutes or so to get in and out of school. They seem hell bent on the bare minimum/denial. Either one of them could get this. 

They have the money for an accessible van, but I doubt they'll ever get this.

I get that we aren't going to agree on this and that's fine. I just don't think it's as black and white as Leah=evil/ignorant and Corey=benevolent/smart/great dad of disabled child. It's fine if others do, I just don't think any situation is that straightforward. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8

Leah had a portable ramp when she picked up the chair and it still took her and another friend to push it up with some struggle.  

I don't think anyone is saying it is black or white.  I'm commenting on Leah's statement in this episode.  If this were episode threads from the seasons ago when Corey was in flat out denial...fine, but I'm focusing on the person who is reminding Ali to not use her wheelchair.  That person is Leah.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, shelley1005 said:

Leah had a portable ramp when she picked up the chair and it still took her and another friend to push it up with some struggle.  

I don't think anyone is saying it is black or white.  I'm commenting on Leah's statement in this episode.  If this were episode threads from the seasons ago when Corey was in flat out denial...fine, but I'm focusing on the person who is reminding Ali to not use her wheelchair.  That person is Leah.  

I use portable ramps for my husband and I'm weak and very small. They come in all different sizes and they're very easy to handle. I carry them a lot. My husband is 6'3" and 200 pounds and his wheelchair weighs 300...I have no idea why it'd be hard to get a portable ramp that holds the weight of a tiny girl and her tiny wheelchair, or hard to maneuver it. They're only 50-90 dollars apiece for the nice ones. I just don't buy the excuses. I don't remember that but it definitely wouldn't be difficult if they did any research at all. They only take 3-5 minutes total to unfold and use. I've carried them around for the better part of a day before, and again, I'm out of shape. 

• Love 4

Cory had a special ramp on his vehicle. 

Leah can spin it all she wants. If the chair is at school, Ali has no chair at home. She should have one available for her at all ttimes.

• Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

I get that. I was responding to the comments about "see, Corey wants her to use it and Leah doesn't/it's all Leah's fault." That's also untrue. They both aren't taking care of the situation. She should not only have one at school/every few months when it's not broken. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Lm2162 said:

I get that. I was responding to the comments about "see, Corey wants her to use it and Leah doesn't/it's all Leah's fault." That's also untrue. They both aren't taking care of the situation. 

I haven't seen people saying that.  I have seen people talking about this episode and Leah's  behavior in this episode.  

I'm moving on from this conversation.  

• Love 6