Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Didn't Mean It

• Start Topic

Guess all those drugsies got to Leah's memory since Corey always wanted what was best for the girls and wanted 50/50, but she said it was because he didn't want to pay child support. And......nice shot of the cigarette hanging out her hand as her and Victoria walked off together.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Mkay said:

Are they going to cover Leah's narcolepsy diagnosis or nah? Ha

Right!? Who knew inpatient therapy for depression/anxiety also cures narcolepsy... Who knew

• Love 9
(edited)

Leah claims it was about child support. She is so stupid.  She is just like Adumb in the brain department. Even if Cory paid very little in child support to Leah due to the schedule change, his expenses will increase. The need for more groceries, clothes, personal hygiene care, the day-to-day expenses, school needs, expenses connected with taking the girls to their appointments, activity expenses, co-pays, etc. That is why  CS payments are adjusted according to the amount of time a child(ren) are in their parent's care. 

Leah doth protest too much about CS.  It has always been my opinion that Leah is the one who complains about CS because she relies on that money for her own needs, not the needs of her girls. Did we ever hear Leah say anything to any one of her cronies this season about the amount Cory pays has been reduced? Did we hear her mention anything about CS payments to her lawyer? Nope. Likely because Cory continued to pay the same amount to her. She couldn't complain because there was nothing to complain about. Instead, she used her camera time to either praise herself or complain about all the stress in her life as she does it all alone...while Dues is upstairs taking selfies in the bathroom.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Lemons said:

The problem is that poor Isaac might have 4 or 5 "dads" by the time his mother is 30.  I know someone just like Kail.  Had 3 kids by the time she was 23 with 2 different men.  She was on her 4th marriage by the time she was 30.  She wanted to change her kids last name to her 4th husband and the children's father had to go to court to stop her from forcing the kids to use the man's last name in school.  Of course that 4th marriage didn't last.  Imagine if the kids had been stuck with a random last name that meant nothing to them?  She wanted to forget the other fathers existed while still cashing their child support checks.

This 100 times over. 

• Love 3

I have a question about Kails friend who seemed to have moved in with her after Javi was deployed. At the end of the show Kail said she was going to take Isaac to school which would mean it was pretty early right? Well her friend was there with her daughter (i assume) and it just seems weird for your "friend" to be there constantly once husband gone to me - like you are not in high school. Just grow up and act like the independent single mom you think you are.

• Love 3

When I transitioned from active duty servicemembers to military dependent (dependapotumus) and my husband deployed, I'd have friends and family come stay with me too. It's not uncommon and makes the deployment go by quicker. 

At this point in the series, did Javi's parents move out? Or are they still there but hidden like TR Dues?

6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

What's the deal with Sterling? How do these girls just have endless money and time to be traveling all over the place? Does anybody work? 

Sterling uses her Home Goods credit card. 

• Love 7

It's devastating that Kaiser has precisely zero parents who just want him for him. Not for photo opps, looking good for the courts or TV, looking good for a bf/gf, or sticking it to an ex. I hate thinking of how whichever one of these idiots who gets primary custody of him will parade him around on social media, posting triumphant statuses. 

I could not agree more.  

Jenelle finally shows a little affection to kaiser, and is even shown changing his diaper!  It was nice to see him get some attention for a change.......I know it's only for the cameras, though.

Wtf was that car thing Kaiser was shown in, racing down the driveway?  Now that looked dangerous as hell.  Jenelle just seems to have no sense of what is safe for her kid; she is constantly putting him in harm's way.  Even in his own home, he lives with a parade of "dads", no safety or security there either.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, NikSac said:

I kept having flashbacks to her discussion with her lawyer in a previous season "but it's KE$HA dude, it's not just a concert, it's KE$HA!!!!!"  (or something like that).  

One of the all time hall of fame moments on this show. Her lawyer was hilariously flabbergasted, because Jenelle was facing jail time if she didn't show up to court, something like that. The lawyer probably didn't know who KESHA was, and Jenelle literally says "She's why I have these feathers in my hair!!!" I think that was the lawyer before Lawyer Dusty. I imagine the rest of the scene after Jenelle storms out of the office had the lawyer asking the camera crew "Wait, are you still filming that show Punk'd? Is that what this really is?"

• Love 9
On 5/3/2016 at 11:53 PM, SheTalksShit said:

I actually think David seems pretty mellow and easy-going, so far. That could change, of course, but so far, compared to Nathan, he seems to treat her pretty well. 

Nathan was the same at first..... they all are..... and then crazy Jenelle gets to them.  I think we see true David starting next week.

On 5/3/2016 at 1:52 AM, Lm2162 said:

Anyway, why is David serving as a go between and more importantly, why is Nathan agreeing to this?! Is this all a ruse so David and Nathan can get together and fulfill those gay rumors from a few seasons back? 

Jenelle said she sprung it on Nathan at the last minute.  She knew he would have no other choice than to be ok with it and meet up with David to see Kaiser. She made it seem like Nathan had to drive a little ways (how far is it from where Nathan lives to Jenelle?) because she said "what's he going to do? Just turn around and not see Kaiser?" 

On 5/3/2016 at 6:25 AM, poeticlicensed said:

Chelsea had me laughing when her mom got stuck in a snowbank. Adam is so transparent. He wants 50/50 custody because she figures that way he doesn't have to pay support. I doubt any judge is going to laugh Chelsea out of court. 

Because he now has a JOB... and HOUSE..... he will show them!!!  ;)

Do we know for sure if his child support did go up to $1000?  That would be so hilarious.

On 5/3/2016 at 6:59 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

This has bugged me for weeks. Jo isn't some uninvolved dickbag of a dad. I'd object to Aubree calling Cole dad, I object to Chelsea constantly reminding Aubree that Cole isn't a replacement for her unfortunate real father, but no one here ever says boo that Kailyn allows, and probably at some point even encouraged, Isaac to call Javi 'daddy'. It seems right up her passive aggressive alley. 

21 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Agree. Cole and Javi being called "dad" when they have their own fathers in their lives, is bothersome to me. Jo has no issue with it. How mature of him. Still, my personal feeling is it should be discouraged. Isaac would have understood why he calls Javi by his name. That whole thing started when Kail was telling Javi (still does on the show) how he is the best father and has been consistently there for Isaac. Part of that manipulation entailed this whole call-Javi-dad. Kail thought she could get Jo to disappear altogether. Isaac calling Javi "dad" was her move to get her child ready for that day.

So kids should never call their step-parents mom or dad?   okk.............

My nephews have a step-mom.  They also have a mom who is living.  Who is a fairly decent mom if she's not on drugs.  However they don't see her that much (long weekends and holidays mostly).  My oldest nephew is 11 so I'm not sure he'll switch to calling his step-mom "mom" but I hope my youngest does.  Because she is every bit of a mother to them.  I also have two friends that have step-kids and they are called 'mom'.  Their bio moms are also still around. There is nothing wrong with it.

Especially with Isaac, he is young enough that it would be confusing if Kail only called Javi Dad/daddy to Lincoln.  And we've seen her this season still calling him Javi around Isaac.  It's just been since the deployment that she's called him dad/daddy all the time around them. 

• Love 5

I'm not saying stepkids can never call their step parents mom or dad, it just seems like in THIS particular instance, it's fair to at least ask the question, given what we've seen from Kailyn on the show as far as her behavior. "I don't want that bitch in the car when you pick up your son!" and so forth, it seems like she'd have an objection to it if the tables were turned. 

• Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I'm not saying stepkids can never call their step parents mom or dad, it just seems like in THIS particular instance, it's fair to at least ask the question, given what we've seen from Kailyn on the show as far as her behavior. "I don't want that bitch in the car when you pick up your son!" and so forth, it seems like she'd have an objection to it if the tables were turned. 

Obviously her opinions on Vee have changed.  You can tell they get along much better now.  They make a point to hang out with each other. 

If you aren't seeing that then you maybe need to take the blinders off. 

and someone already commented in here that Kail said she would have no problem if Isaac called Vee Mom

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 5
(edited)

Kailyn and Vee seem to get along well now. I think Kailyn has made strides to get along with her and seems to have no problem with her. She'd be fine if Isaac called Vee Mom.

It's been years since any drama between Kail and Vee happened. And lots of stepchildren call their stepparents Mom or Dad.  

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9

Ok so something has been bugging me and I apologize if it's been addressed already, but what is the deal with Dawn? We have not seen her on camera (except at the twins birthday in the background). She hasn't interacted with Leah on camera. On this episode Leah is on the phone asking her mom to be there for her and she says "I can't actually be there but I'll be there for you" or something along those lines and she wasn't in court. We have seen her a lot pretty much every season except this one. Did MTV bar her from showing up or is she just not allowed to be on camera anymore? Again, I apologize if this has been answered already, I haven't had a chance to get through all the threads.

• Love 5
(edited)

Jenelle definitely exacerbates the situation, but both Nathan and David were already crazy...multiple arrests, tumultuous relationships, addiction, and children they weren't allowed to see in some capacity and still don't have custody of. Not to mention that both of them seem basically illiterate. Jenelle doesn't make men bad, she picks them because she's a terrible partner as well. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Chicken Wing said:

Jenelle hooks up with these Neanderthal asshole types because that's the type of guy she attracts. Didn't she meet both of these two on dating sites/apps? This is her kind of "match."

Yeah, exactly-- similar IQs and backgrounds. Also, dumb enough to pretend they've never heard of TM. And she's dumb enough to believe it. 

• Love 5

What was in the box Leah's sister was carrying in and out of court? Was that the photographic evidence that Leah brings her girlses to school on time?  The box looked pretty full of files and papers.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Ok so something has been bugging me and I apologize if it's been addressed already, but what is the deal with Dawn? We have not seen her on camera (except at the twins birthday in the background). She hasn't interacted with Leah on camera. On this episode Leah is on the phone asking her mom to be there for her and she says "I can't actually be there but I'll be there for you" or something along those lines and she wasn't in court. We have seen her a lot pretty much every season except this one. Did MTV bar her from showing up or is she just not allowed to be on camera anymore? Again, I apologize if this has been answered already, I haven't had a chance to get through all the threads.

My theory is Dawn royally pissed of the MTV powers that be last season. Then, topped it off with sitting in the audience at the reunion yelling 'Monkey!!' every time Leah didn't want to answer a question.

• Love 12

There's such a stark contrast in the girlses personal appearances when they're at Corey's house than when they're at Leah's. And we all kind of assumed, "well yeah, he's got Miranda there to get them ready." But on more than one occasion, we've seen Corey brushing their hair, making sure they're properly groomed, etc. He didn't just hand over the responsibility of his children's care to his wife or anyone else. And even though Miranda's there, Leah has much more help from family than Corey does. Even though you could tell Jeff was unsure about the new custody agreement, Corey said he was happy with it. I have to agree that Leah hit the jackpot in the baby daddy department. She should really thank her lucky stars. Look no further than Adam and Andrew for reference on how it could be much worse.

• Love 12
On 5/3/2016 at 11:47 PM, Lm2162 said:

I looked back at the earlier episode--Corey said to Miranda that he was "worried she would get too dependent on the wheelchair" and "didn't want her to use it too much." He also said "Leah's more pro wheelchair. She's accepted it more than us." He said he hoped they would encourage her to walk instead and he didn't know if Leah was on the same page. Miranda appeared to agree, unfortunately. 

It's too bad she seems to agree with him now. IMO it's abusive when it's against doctor's orders. And it seems prejudiced, like they really despise the sight of the wheelchair. I suspect that's why they didn't get it fixed. 

Corey made those statements when they were first getting the wheelchair.  I think the doctor was more clear and firm in a recent visit about the fact that she needed to use it all of the time now rather.  Their doctor needs to be much less ambiguous with those two clueless parents and spell out exactly what they should and shouldn't be doing for their daughter - dang, I feel so sad that their daughter may be struggling and causing harm to herself because her parents don't have even one clue about her disability.   And, FFS, I don't understand why Miranda doesn't fill Corey in on what they should be doing - she'd no dummy, she has to have at least a minimum of intelligence to pass the testing to be a cop. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I agree that it looks like MTV is no longer dealing with Dawn. Good. She deserves it. I've never liked her but her behavior at the last reunion was ridiculous. I think Leah would be better off with less Dawn in her life in general, she's one hell of an enabler. And stupid. Oh, sooo stupid.

edit: I'm not saying Miranda is dumb, at all, but I've never understood why she's assumed to be much more intelligent than Corey or anyone else. If it's due to her former career as a cop...well, that doesn't convince me of anything. To be an officer all that is needed is a few months of training/schooling and an applicant can fail and just keep trying. I used to manage a hotel that was near a technical school and we had a lot of trainees stay with us while they attended the training. On more than one occasion we had the same guys come back time and time again until they finally passed. One took 3 times and was one of the dumbest people I've ever spoken to. So being a cop and having intelligence don't necessarily go hand in hand. Miranda is definitely better at expressing herself than most others in Leah's segments but I don't think that makes her smarter, necessarily. And I like Miranda waaaayyy more than most of these people!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6

I think Dawn doesn't want to be on air this year because took a beating from viewers last season. When Leah told her how Corey wanted to have the girls some during the week, it seemed like she was willing to do it, until her mom told her, "That don't make no sense."  Before Leah left for rehab, she was telling her mom she had a problem with pills after the birth of the baby, and that she told her mom that and quit taking them, and her mom was bebopping her head yes, that she did, when it was clear Leah was still using. And finally, she called Leah as she was entering rehab to tell her that Corey was keeping her kids, making Leah return home. Most of us viewers were all, "What the Hell Dawn!!" while Leah's fans were all, "You're the best mom evar!" and the rest of us laughed at them.

I have absolutely no proof to offer for this opinion, but I suspect that Dawn uses too. She was too complicit in Leah's habit, and actively interfered with Leah getting treatment. Enabling and codependency doesn't explain her telling Leah that Corey was not going to give the kids back. She flat out lied; we saw what happened on camera. Leah buying her drugs also would make her not want Leah to get clean. Even if Leah was actually there for her anxiety, why wouldn't she want her to get mental health treatment? Corey said Dawn couldn't take the kids somewhere without telling him where it was, and she ran to Leah and said he wasn't going to give them back. SMH

• Love 12
(edited)
22 minutes ago, rayndon said:

Corey made those statements when they were first getting the wheelchair.  I think the doctor was more clear and firm in a recent visit about the fact that she needed to use it all of the time now rather.  Their doctor needs to be much less ambiguous with those two clueless parents and spell out exactly what they should and shouldn't be doing for their daughter - dang, I feel so sad that their daughter may be struggling and causing harm to herself because her parents don't have even one clue about her disability.   And, FFS, I don't understand why Miranda doesn't fill Corey in on what they should be doing - she'd no dummy, she has to have at least a minimum of intelligence to pass the testing to be a cop. 

He's made them since. Maybe he has changed in his views, but his actions have not. Miranda actually seems to agree with him, which surprises me because she's never seemed hopelessly dim like Leah and Corey. I don't know. This is the one area where there's absolutely no excuse. Get over your ignorance if only for your daughter's health. Join a group, read a book, hire a therapist. Get over your denial. Something. Do anything to get a loaner wheelchair. They should be going above and beyond and none of them are doing even the minimum. I don't think the doctor was ambiguous, but I also don't think he understands the stupidity of the people he's dealing with.

What is really scary is imagining what Corey and Leah were like in school............

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2

Oh, I totally agree that Dawn uses too! In fact, I've forgotten to post my theory that I think Victoria's husband is Leah's dealer and that's why he and Victoria have been around so much. I wouldn't be surprised if they were ALL using: Leah, TR, Dawn, Victoria, her husband, Leah's brother, his wife, ect...

• Love 4
On 5/3/2016 at 8:31 AM, ghoulina said:

Of course Lois Griffin got her car stuck in a snow drift. Of course she did! Lol, I was cracking up so hard at that scene, but it's really pretty easy to do. At night, especially, it can be hard to judge depth. It's definitely happened to me a time or two. #Midwest problems!

I don't fault her for getting stuck.  It happens.  And, as you said, very easily in midwest.  My issue is that she didn't seem to know how to get 'unstuck'.  The girls said they were going to 'rock it out', yet all we saw was her spinning the wheels faster and faster, which someone who has lived that long in S.D. should know is the opposite of what should be done.  Plus, she wasn't stuck in deep snow, she was stuck on slick and icy, hard-packed snow and the way to get out of that is slow and consistent.  SMH at the whole situation.  lol  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Obviously her opinions on Vee have changed.  You can tell they get along much better now.  They make a point to hang out with each other. 

If you aren't seeing that then you maybe need to take the blinders off. 

and someone already commented in here that Kail said she would have no problem if Isaac called Vee Mom

You quoted me as well. Except you omitted my follow up post where I noted, and others did too, how in this particular situation (Kail) it is MY opinion it was not a good idea.  Nowhere did I mention it was not a good idea for ALL step-parents. This coming from one who had a step-mother. My mother died and my father remarried. I never called her mom because no one pushed me to do such a thing. My mom deserved that title, no one else. She called me "daughter" because that was her choice. 

Isaac will likely see at least two more step-dads in his life. Will he be subjected to Kail's prodding and pushing to call each new guy "dad"? Was Kail pushed by Suzy to call her boyfriends "dad"? Solely under the circumstances as shown on this show do I take issue with Javi being referred to as dad. Especially when Javi has shunned Isaac as his son when Kail has pissed him off. Dads cannot be dads when it suits them. Javi is a big pussy for saying Isaac is not HIS son. How many times did Javi say that over the few years he has been in Isaac's life? Plenty I bet.   I also noted if all parties are fine with it, more power to them. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Oh, I totally agree that Dawn uses too! In fact, I've forgotten to post my theory that I think Victoria's husband is Leah's dealer and that's why he and Victoria have been around so much. I wouldn't be surprised if they were ALL using: Leah, TR, Dawn, Victoria, her husband, Leah's brother, his wife, ect...

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. They seem like one of those white trash families who scams the system for government bennies and deals drugs out of their double-wides.

Nobody in the entire Messer clan seems to have any goals or education or intent on bettering themselves. Leah's "you get there when you get there" attitude towards school sums up her family's philosophy on life perfectly.

• Love 13

TR doesn't seem to have any arrests, though, or at least none have turned up. And he's allowed to see his children and is employed. I've wondered if part of the reason he refused to film was that he knew the relationship might not last and he didn't want to get too involved in the TM bullshit. Just a thought. He doesn't seem like too much of a douchebag on social media, which is more than I can say for most on the franchise...

• Love 6

Leah doesn't have any arrests either. And it seems like TR has a weird relationship with his kids' mom, it seems like she still wants to be with him so maybe she doesn't care what he's up to and still lets him take the kid(s). Are we sure he's employed? I know he was "Leah's trainer" ( always sounded like BS to me) but do we know if he's still doing that? Leah probably wanted him to quit to be with her 24/7. 

I think it was really smart of TR to not be on the show, if it was his choice. We can't really say much about him because of it. All we can "due" is judge Leah for having him there so she gets the bulk of the ire.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Dads cannot be dads when it suits them. Javi is a big pussy for saying Isaac is not HIS son. How many times did Javi say that over the few years he has been in Isaac's life? Plenty I bet.   

It's sad because Isaac is going to be devastated and confused when the marriage finally implodes. He strikes me as the type of child who takes things very personally. If Javi has a mindset of "my" son vs. "Kail's" son, I don't see him staying involved with Isaac after the divorce. He'll probably be like Jeremy where he throws the kid a half-hearted hello and walks out the door with Lincoln. As much shit as Jo has gotten lately, I actually think he and Vee have the more stable relationship. It's not necessarily a bad thing that they dated five years before getting engaged.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Leah doesn't have any arrests either. And it seems like TR has a weird relationship with his kids' mom, it seems like she still wants to be with him so maybe she doesn't care what he's up to and still lets him take the kid(s). Are we sure he's employed? I know he was "Leah's trainer" ( always sounded like BS to me) but do we know if he's still doing that? Leah probably wanted him to quit to be with her 24/7. 

I think it was really smart of TR to not be on the show, if it was his choice. We can't really say much about him because of it. All we can "due" is judge Leah for having him there so she gets the bulk of the ire.

Yeah, he is a high school or middle school sports coach (gym teacher or just football coach, not sure) and seems to work daily, based on his social media. He also does personal training on the side. 

And, well, honestly? He's a black man (and in a fairly racist area). If he hasn't had any arrests, he's basically a saint--black men are arrested unjustly all the time, given longer sentences for the same minor crimes, etc. Leah would have to do something crazy to be held accountable for her behavior. 

• Love 3
On 5/3/2016 at 10:40 AM, Mkay said:

This is about the after show: Kail and Chelsea were saying they should ask Isaac how they look if they want honesty, he'll tell you. Chelsea says she asks Kail for her opinion because she knows Kail will be truthful. Why didn't Chelsea or Isaac tell Kail how ridiculous her lips look?! I can't look at anything else the whole episode. It's terrible!

I was so distracted by Kail's lips during the After-Show.  All i could think of was how much she resembled Jack Nicholson's "The Joker" from the Batman series.  Gawd, she looked ridiculous! and why no one said anything to her about it is mindblowing.  Or, maybe someone did say something to her and she didn't listen because she thought she looked good?  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

There's such a stark contrast in the girlses personal appearances when they're at Corey's house than when they're at Leah's. And we all kind of assumed, "well yeah, he's got Miranda there to get them ready." But on more than one occasion, we've seen Corey brushing their hair, making sure they're properly groomed, etc. He didn't just hand over the responsibility of his children's care to his wife or anyone else. And even though Miranda's there, Leah has much more help from family than Corey does. Even though you could tell Jeff was unsure about the new custody agreement, Corey said he was happy with it. I have to agree that Leah hit the jackpot in the baby daddy department. She should really thank her lucky stars. Look no further than Adam and Andrew for reference on how it could be much worse.

He is shown helping on camera. I certainly hope he does the same off-camera.

41 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I agree that it looks like MTV is no longer dealing with Dawn. Good. She deserves it. I've never liked her but her behavior at the last reunion was ridiculous. I think Leah would be better off with less Dawn in her life in general, she's one hell of an enabler. And stupid. Oh, sooo stupid.

edit: I'm not saying Miranda is dumb, at all, but I've never understood why she's assumed to be much more intelligent than Corey or anyone else. If it's due to her former career as a cop...well, that doesn't convince me of anything. To be an officer all that is needed is a few months of training/schooling and an applicant can fail and just keep trying. I used to manage a hotel that was near a technical school and we had a lot of trainees stay with us while they attended the training. On more than one occasion we had the same guys come back time and time again until they finally passed. One took 3 times and was one of the dumbest people I've ever spoken to. So being a cop and having intelligence don't necessarily go hand in hand. Miranda is definitely better at expressing herself than most others in Leah's segments but I don't think that makes her smarter, necessarily. And I like Miranda waaaayyy more than most of these people!

Does anyone know why she quit the police force? 

It's not that Miranda seems incredibly brilliant (just maybe average or closer to average), just that Corey and Leah seem incredibly dumb. And I do think the ability to communicate effectively, have an effective conversation, pronounce words correctly, and structure sentences are often pretty good indicators of IQ, or at least of some reading and writing skills. Self-awareness, too. Not always; sometimes people have disabilities that preclude them from speaking effectively, for example, but obviously that's not the case here. 

• Love 5

I have to agree that Leah hit the jackpot in the baby daddy department. She should really thank her lucky stars. Look no further than Adam and Andrew for reference on how it could be much worse.

Excellent point; Leah has no idea how lucky she is, she'd much rather play the martyr to that mean old Corey  I'm glad to see them trying to speak pleasantly to each other on this episode; they've seemed to just hate each other for a while now.  My guess is that Corey knows what the real deal with Leah is, and she's just daring him to say something.  Or maybe he is showing kindness to the mother of his twins.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, rayndon said:

I was so distracted by Kail's lips during the After-Show.  All i could think of was how much she resembled Jack Nicholson's "The Joker" from the Batman series.  Gawd, she looked ridiculous! and why no one said anything to her about it is mindblowing.  Or, maybe someone did say something to her and she didn't listen because she thought she looked good?  

Ha. On point.

• Love 3
(edited)

Miranda quit back when the twins were not in school yet. I think she quit a year before she was pregnant. She took Ali to at least one therapy appointment a week and went to her doctor's appointment as well because Cory could not take time off from work for which Leah gave him grief. He reminded her it was important for him to work and earn an income, something that is foreign to Leah. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Miranda quit back when the twins were not in school yet. I think she quit a year before she was pregnant. She took Ali to at least one therapy appointment a week and went to her doctor's appointment as well because Cory could not take time off from work for which Leah gave him grief. He reminded her it was important for him to work and earn an income, something that is foreign to Leah. 

Well, to be fair, she's never worked more than one consecutive day in her life, and her income is like four times the average US household income so I guess it makes sense that she doesn't value actual work.

• Love 6
Just now, Tatum said:

Well, to be fair, she's never worked more than one consecutive day in her life, and her income is like four times the average US household income so I guess it makes sense that she doesn't value actual work.

Yes, true. But Leah has always wanted more and more, and expected Cory to give it to her without the realization that he had to work. This was back before she started rolling in the dough. It meant Leah's demands had to be met by Cory's income. Leah was aghast at Cory having to go to work instead of tending to her.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lovesnark said:

My theory is Dawn royally pissed of the MTV powers that be last season. Then, topped it off with sitting in the audience at the reunion yelling 'Monkey!!' every time Leah didn't want to answer a question.

I was thinking that, too. 

• Love 3

Kail really knows how to work poor, sensitive Isaac into a lather over Javi being gone. How about telling the kid to go play when you're discussing Isis. I don't think it occurred to Isaac to be scared until Kail kept asking him if he was.

One minute Janelle is saying she'd never use her kid against Nathan and then the next scene she's saying that Nathan needs to get his lady to drop the charges or she's going to make real trouble for him with custody. I love how it's Nathan's girlfriend's fault that Janelle clocked her. The jury at her trial is going to love that.

• Love 7
(edited)

To be fair, I think Jeremy is a hard working guy but probably an awful husband. He's emotionally distant, a cheater, rather ignorant, and rarely around. I get that it was for work, but I get the feeling he took more jobs than he needed to to get away from her, and anyone would find the situation she described (six days a week of work, one night where he drank and had sex with her and they barely spoke) terribly stressful and painful. He admitted he didn't like contacting them when he was away because he didn't like being reminded of what he was missing. That would greatly strain even the best of marriages, and their marriage was always crap meant mostly for lust and getting back at Corey (from both sides). He complained about her behavior but refused counseling. 

Leah is also a cheater, and emotionally needy, selfish, and an obsessive, materialistic spender. Very impulsive, very foolish, uneducated, etc. I also believe she has mental health problems, and quite possibly an addiction. So the combination of both of them, already with a baby and two other kids, after a couple months of break up to make up dating? Shitstorm. That whole thing was always a mess. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Miranda quit to be a SAHM. Cory working full-time meant someone had to stand up and be there for the kids instead of putting them in daycare.

She quit long before the kids came into the picture. She worked out of Point Plesant with Mason County Sheriff's Department which is an hour and half away. I remember looking way back around the time they got married to see if she was still employed there. I couldn't find her but did find when she used to work there. (My husband used to reserve to keep his liscense so I was interested and nosey.) I'm thinking she quit once they got married.  That's one heck of a drive. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 5